Statistics

223,656 members
97,873 posts
  • New
    liquidmagdalena
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

Hi! This might seem an idiot question to some.

I have a VL3X. I bought it with the intention of using its phenomenology in a pretty straightforward and simple way: I'm just sending my voice, guitar, and cello through- nothing more fancy fancy than this at this time, maybe ever.

However, I'm having an issue with my humble SOUND SYSTEM. My sound system is ONLY a Marshall Accoustic amp. Is it possible to circulate my instruments through the VL3X and then the guitar amp? I have every cable in the correct input or output (do I?) and sound is not coming outta my amp, at all, so my guess is a sad shoegazey NO.

Why isn't this working? And do I need to buy even more GEAR?

read more...
    0 12
    • liquidmagdalena
      DavidKnighton Hi liquidmagdalena,
      You should be coming out of the Main L/R outputs into a PA speaker and the Guitar L/R outputs can go to your guitar amplifier. Can you tell us exactly which outputs you're using to your guitar amp? You should be able to plug in a pair of headphones and listen to the output as well just to confirm the device is working properly.
      • Mar 2
  • New
    timagius91
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on how the vocal harmonizer might work if running through a bass? Am concerned the quick changing notes and absence of playing a full chord would make the pedal struggle to work out the key that I'm playing in. 

P.S I'm finding it really frustratting at the lack of direct contact with TC. Hope to hear from a representative about your product. 

read more...
    0 19
    • timagius91
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. You could play bass, the workaround you could do is to create a preset and manually program in the key and save it to the preset. This way the voice live won't have to search for the note or guess what key you are in due to the lack of guitar chords being present. Feel free to check out the 7-minute mark of this youtube video to see how to do this.
      • Mar 2
      • TC helicon Voicelive Play Electric - running through a BASS??
        timagius91 Thanks William. So basically I'd need to set presets for every song I'm doing, do you think it would ever be manageable spontaneously/without pre-planning?
        • Mar 2
      • TC helicon Voicelive Play Electric - running through a BASS??
        WilliamR If you are playing bass lines with no chords, it may have a hard time figuring out the proper key. Unless you are only playing the root note while you are singing.
        • ·
        • Mar 2
    • timagius91
    • timagius91
      PetGerbil There's an idea for your Dev team, make a pedal that squirts out a Midi chord from four programmable footswitches. So you could have switch one as say, Em. Switch 2 Dm(The saddest of all keys) etc.
      Big display as well. Bit like a reverse polyphonic tuner.
      • Mar 3
  • New
    sallyzito1more
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

Hello, I am looking all over the country for a few units of  TC Helicon VoiceTone C1, and  everybody is reporting outof stock and on backorder. Is there a production issue happening? Will this product be discontinued?

Although Sweetwater is saying they will get theirs in April, I've seen this happen before where the date gets pushed further and further into the future. Any information you have would be great.

If this unit is being discontinued, I will look into other units.

Thank you.

read more...
    0 24
    • sallyzito1more
      PedroRodrigues Hi sallyzito1more please consider that any information on this matter is managed directly by the partner ,so to request information of shipping dates and order must be addressed directly to the partner. Thank you
      • Mar 2
  • New
    Crybaby
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

I have a voice live extreme 3 and I'm having problem setting up the harmonizer it doesn't follow along when I'm singing it's always going straight or flat can you please help me thank you

0 14
    • Crybaby
      PedroRodrigues Hi Crybaby, please consider that on the VoiceLive 3 Extreme, the new “Mixed Mode” harmonies allow you to, for example, set one voice to follow your guitar (NaturalPlay), the second voice to follow a key/scale, a third voice to only sing a single “Fixed” note and a fourth voice to only sing the “root” note of any chords you are playing on your guitar (Pedal).
      This flexibility allows you to create some very sophisticated setups and vocal arrangements.
      You can mix and match any of the available modes for the four harmony voices. You could have three NaturalPlay voices and a fixed voice, or two scale-based voices, one fixed and one NaturalPlay voice.
      Keep in mind that when you are using mixed mode harmony, you will need to define the correct key/scale (Scale) or note (Fixed) and play your instrument (NaturalPlay/Pedal) in order for the combination of voices to sound good together. Otherwise, a Fixed voice could be singing a completely inappropriate note for your song.
      Harmony can suffer from “warbles” when sound other than your voice is picked up via your microphone.
      For a more in-depth information on Harmony for this unit please follow the link below to access the guide for this unit and please check page 96.
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEG

I hope this helps
      • Mar 3
  • New
    Crybaby
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

Do you guys have a contact #?

1 15
    • Crybaby
      Kfir Such annoying. There is no way to contact at all.
      • Mar 2
    • Crybaby
      Crybaby I know man really sucks.. ;(
      • Mar 2
    • Crybaby
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Crybaby/Kfir, by going to support at the top of the page you will be provided with options to submit a Pre Sales, Technical Support, Service Request, or Parts request ticket. This is the best way to reach out to us, alternatively, let me know here and I will try to assist you further.
      • Mar 2
    • Crybaby
      Kfir Hi, I did it 3 times already and no one send email or give any attention for my msg. I called Canada to get someone in the office... NOTHING, Hoe can I trust and buy again from this company? ?
      • Mar 3
      • Help
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Kfir, thanks for getting back to me. Can you please confirm for me at least one of your case numbers? Once confirmed I will investigate the current status of the cases for you.
        • Mar 3
  • New
    Kfir
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-01

Hello,

The side buttons are not responding. How can I reset the machine? 

Any help?

0 21
    • Kfir
      PedroRodrigues Hi Please consider that to restoring the factory settings of TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch , you must power up the unit. Then hold the LEFT BOTTOM and LEFT TOP Matrix buttons while the display shows text until the display shows the initialization message. The Factory Reset procedure is complete. If this does not resolve this matter please try to update the firmware for your unit via VOICESUPPORT.
      • Mar 2
      • Help.. :(  Voice-over touch
        Kfir Hi, thank you for your response, the whole buttons on the right side of the machine is not working or light up.
        • Mar 2
    • Kfir
      Kfir Can I get someone to send it to get fix or someone to look at my Voicelive?
      • Mar 2
  • New
    PhilipBest
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-01

Hi,

Trying to come up with the easiest way to change vocal pitch a few notes ... For example, I want to sing an E and have the output be a G.  Using this for recording parts I have trouble reaching vs. live performance.  I suspect HardTune is the answer, but every time I try it, the vocal return is weird.

Thanks,

Phil

read more...
    0 23
    • PhilipBest
      PedroRodrigues Hi PhilipBest please consider if you are a singer without an instrument, you may not want to rely on some external input. Instead, we’ll set the Key/Scale for your song manually.
      For simplicity, let’s sing “Happy Birthday” in C using our Major 2 scale.
      You will need to find C as your starting note (unless you have perfect pitch – then you are awesome).
      To set the key/scale:
      If it isn’t selected, select the Vocal Layer by pressing the Layer footswitch.
      Press and HOLD the Harmony footswitch until the Set Key/Scale screen appears.
      Press the Preset up/Preset down footswitches until the key reaches C.
      If the scale is not already “Maj 2”, tap the Step button repeatedly until the display shows Maj 2.
      Let the Key/Scale screen “time out” and disappear (by not doing anything for a few seconds).
      Checking the Double effect block / tab tool, the HardTune effect and other effects may be also useful.
      • Mar 2
    • PhilipBest
      PhilipBest Mil gracias, Pedro !
      • Mar 2
    • PhilipBest
      PhilipBest Well, not quite perfect pitch ..
      • Mar 2
    • PhilipBest
      PhilipBest I usually lay down a simple back track in drums and guitar or keyboard in the alternate key and sing to that. Does the key/scale affect the primary vocal or the harmonies or is that selectable ? Again, thanks for getting me on track.
      • Mar 2
      • VLX3 Pitch Change
        PedroRodrigues Hi PhilipBest please consider that it depends how you set up the key/scale, you can use the Natural Play, the Global Key/scale or setting up Key/Scale manually. as this matter is a broad subject and to access specific set up I would suggest to follow the link below and check page 49 and 50 of the guide for this unit by following the link below: https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEG
        • Mar 3
      • VLX3 Pitch Change
        PhilipBest Thanks again, Pedro. I took a look at key / scale yesterday and I think it does exactly what it's intended to do ... but for the harmony notes vs. the root. Then I looked for the key / scale chart via the the link in the manual and that link goes nowhere. Searched the internet for it and also not much save a page from ManualsLib that they want money to access or download. Not thrilled with TC Helicon product support. Lots of decent YouTube videos, but every time I look for my topic I end up in pitch correction vs. pitch change land. Guess I'll keep wandering along.
        • Mar 3
  • New
    Goyavette
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-28

Hi, using Perform VK with Nordstage 2 keyboard. I often tranpose the keyboard, from song to song on live performance, but the Perform VK does not receive transpose information, so Harmony mode doesn't work when transposed (it plays non-transposed harmonies even when keybard has been transposed).

I wish to use MIDI only, for sound quality.

It works fine with the Aux in/out, but sound is bad quality (microphone loops). Using MIDI link only, Harmony works well, even with low volume keyboard. But only non transposed.

Could someone tell me how to get the Perform VK to receive transpose data from my keyboard ?

Many thanks

read more...
    0 14
    • Goyavette
      PedroRodrigues Hi Goyavette please consider that the PERFORM-VK responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information. To block incoming CC and PC messages, hold the Set button while powering on. Note data will still be accepted in this state.
      For convenience, we have mapped many PERFORM-VK CC’s to the Behringer UMA25s controller keyboard.
      The “UMA25s Mapping” column shows the button or control on the UMA25s related to each control.
      MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127
      MIDI CC List The following chart shows a list of all available control changes.
      The MIDI channel can be set by holding the Set button and pressing a note on a connected MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel on which this note was sent will be used as the MIDI receive channel.

Regarding the RPn/nRPn Implementation, the RPN 0: Pitch Bend Sensitivity. This is a standard way to change pitch bend range.
      When it comes to MIDI Tempo, the Perform-VK responds to incoming MIDI tempo and will adjust system Tap Tempo accordingly.
      When controlling harmony via MIDI, in either Notes mode or NaturalPlay, it is sometimes desirable to have one section of the keyboard designated to sending that control information. It could be the area that your left hand is, to play chords of harmonies.
      In order to designate an area of the keyboard to respond to, a Split Point is set.
      Any notes, either above or below the split point, are deemed useable by the system. Notes outside the range are rejected.
      To set the Split Point, hold the SET button and press the note on your keyboard that you want to act as the split note.
      Then, to choose a split ABOVE that note, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE ABOVE your split note.
      To choose a split BELOW, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE BELOW your split note.
      This creates a split, above or below, with no transposition.
      In order to set a split point AND transpose the incoming MIDI notes, you will choose a different note in place of the ABOVE/BELOW notes mentioned above. It will seem a bit confusing, but does allow you to make both a split above/below point AND transpose either up or down.

In the chart below, “X” is the split note, the point at which you want to split the keyboard, as explained previously.
      To facilitate things like “split above, but transpose down” we need to have settings both above and below your split point, that is where the chart comes in.
      For example, if you want to split ABOVE middle C, typically known as C4, but transpose DOWN so that C4 is actually C2, you’d do the following:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 6 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (F#)
      If you want to split BELOW middle C (C4) and transpose up so that C4 is C6, you’d:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 2 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (A#)
      You may need to experiment a bit to figure this out, but it does give you the ability to set your split point, split direction and transposition very quickly.
      I hope this helps.

Thank you
      • Mar 2
  • New
    MIsterWonderful
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Hey gang, 

Trying to make my VL3 change Midi CC with reaper. Can not get this to work to save my damn life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If ANYONE can help me here I'd pay good money!!!! 

0 35
    • MIsterWonderful
      PetGerbil How much ?

haha, nah... just kidding. What are you trying to do ?
      • Feb 27
      • VL3 and Reaper.....
        MIsterWonderful I'm trying to get Reaper to talk to my VL3. I've followed the video https://youtu.be/Gg7IZIJzd3I and followed the steps till I get to the inputting the Midi cc's. I Just can't get them to talk to each other!! I can see a message is being sent to the VL3, but it's not changing any settings.
        • Mar 1
    • MIsterWonderful
      PedroRodrigues Hi MIsterWounderful Please consider that there can be up to 500 presets loaded into a VoiceLive 3, and it’s possible to navigate between these presets with an external controller sending MIDI Control Change (“CC”) and Program Change (“PC”) messages. The VoiceLive 3 can receive CC and PC messages via MIDI from sources like keyboards, footswitches, DAWs, and more. For the controlling device to send a MIDI message to VL3 it needs to be using the same MIDI channel as the VL3, typically this is channel 1 but you’re welcome to change it. Also make sure you aren’t misusing the MIDI input filters, and ensure that the MIDI input is set to be either “USB” (for the USB-mini input) or “MIDI Ports” (for the 5-pin MIDI input) depending on how you're connecting. These settings can be changed in VL3’s “Setup” menu, on the “MIDI” tab.
      *INSERT PIC OF MIDI TAB*
      To change Presets via MIDI, first tell the VL3 which Bank to look in, then tell it which Preset in that Bank you want to change to.
      Bank select: To specify the desired bank, issue an LSB Bank select message (CC#32) with a value of 0-3.
      Preset Select: After specifying the Bank, issue a PC Preset select message with a value of 0-127.
      MSB LSB VL3Bank Program Change (PC) VL3 Preset #
      0 0 0 0-127 1-128
      0 1 1 0-127 129-256
      0 2 2 0-127 257-384
      0 3 3 0-115 385-500

The internal number associated with a Preset isn’t exactly what you see on the VL3’s screen, they’re actually all off by 1. This is because internally the list of Presets actually starts at an index of 0. This means that 0 = Preset #1, 1 = Preset #2, 2 = Preset #3, etc. It’s like your presets are saved from 0-499 but are displayed as 1-500.
      There are 4 Banks in VL3, and each Bank contains 128 Presets. Therefore the Preset selection number that goes to VL3 needs to be between 1 and 128. So for a Preset above 128, you need to subtract the number of the first Preset in the same Bank to get the MIDI Program Change info.
      The 9-digit message for changing to a preset is in the format of:
      MSB LSB PC#
      Or, you can first send a CC#32 of the Bank you’re looking in, then a PC value of the Preset you want.
      Here are some examples:
      Preset #5 would be: 5 - 1 = 4
      000 000 004
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 4
      Preset #100 would be: 100 - 1 = 99
      000 000 099
      or CC#32 value 0, then PC 99
      Preset #208 would be: 208 - 129 = 79 (because Preset #208 is in Bank 1, which starts at Preset #129)
      000 001 079
      or CC#32 value 1, then PC 79
      Preset 259 would be: 259 - 257 = 2
      000 002 002
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 2
      Preset 322 would be: 322 - 257 = 65
      000 002 065
      or CC#32 value 2, then PC 65
      Preset 491 would be: 491 - 385 = 106
      000 003 106
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 106
      Preset 500 would be: 500 - 385 = 115
      000 003 115
      or CC#32 value 3, then PC 115

When you try to address a Preset that does not exist (either an empty spot or one outside the 1-500 range), there is no built-in warning system, VL3 just won’t do anything. So if you can see the “MIDI” indication on the VL3 appearing when you send commands, but are not getting the Preset to change, ensure you’re not referencing an empty or non-existent Preset location.
      *INSERT PIC OF THE MIDI POPUP*
      If that all seems too complicated for you, consider using Steps instead of Presets. Steps are essentially Presets within a Preset, and you can have up to 10 Steps all in the same Preset. If your current Preset contains the Steps you’ll be using, it just takes a single CC message to choose your Step…
      CC 115 = Step
      Value represents Step Number, i.e. 1 = Step 1, 2 = Step 2, etc.
      So sending a CC#115 with a value of 2 will take you to the second Step in your current Preset.

Sources:
      https://kb.musictribe.com/musickb/view/article/tch/en_US/VoiceLive-3-Selecting-Presets-and-Banks-via-MIDI-228155247
      https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/6-what-msb-lsb-refer-for-changing-banks-andprograms/
      • Feb 28
    • MIsterWonderful
      PetGerbil Just putting this here, for future reference.

Make sure you go into the "Route" setting on the track (next to the "FX" button) and double check
      you've got it set to "Voicelive3" In the hardware output.
      • Mar 3
      • VL3 and Reaper.....
        MIsterWonderful That is not coming up. Ok, what am I doing wrong here? it's not seeing the voicelive.
        • Mar 3
      • VL3 and Reaper.....
        MIsterWonderful I'm seeing it as "USB2.0-MIdi"
        • Mar 3
    • MIsterWonderful
      PetGerbil If you press "Cntrl+P" In Reaper to bring the preferences up and look under "MIDIDevices" Is it there and enabled.?

Also on a side note, are you using the VL3 as a Midi interface over USB, or using a separate Interface and the 5pin MIDI plugs.? I'm assuming the former. If the latter I'll need to change tack... :)
      • Mar 3
    • MIsterWonderful
      MIsterWonderful "USB 2.0 Midi" is enabled. Want to use my PC to play the track. Want to use the VL to change my vocal harmonies and what not as well as playing my guitar through VL and change the tones.
      • Mar 3
  • New
    pablogoparra
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-25

Hi! the voicesolo Fx150 is sold out in all stores and e-commerce. Are you going to manufacture more units of this fantastic product?

I wish another! Thanks!!!

read more...
    0 20
    • pablogoparra
      DavidKnighton Hello Pablo,
      As far as I know, the product lifecycle is still in the production phase, meaning it's not been discontinued and probably won't be anytime soon. There is high demand for all musical products during these times, due to many people being on lockdown. This means the product is selling out faster than distributors can acquire it. Best thing to do is to place a back order with your distributor so you get priority shipment once the product becomes available.
      • Feb 25
      • Voicesolo Fx150
        pablogoparra Thanks! This is great, I was afraid it was discontinued. Best regards!
        • Feb 26
Go to page