Statistics

187,710 members
57,657 posts
  • New
    2020-10-31

Just starting to discover a new Play Acoustic, but two questions:

1. The VoiceSupport software seems very limited.  I can rearrange and load presets, but is there any way to edit presets using the software, or is that only possible on the unit itself?

2. If I wanted to use two different effects in the same song- say a double in one part of the song and a harmony in the other, is there any way to accomplish that other than moving up and down with the foot switches, and using the hit button?  Would the Switch-3 make it any easier?

Thanks.....

read more...
    0 4
  • 2020-10-25

my voicelive play needs repair to the black center dial. the dail no longer functions. please give me simple instructions where to get a RMA# so i can mail it to a qualified service professional. Thanks

0 11
    • fitzroy harris
      Rex Beckett Hi Fitzroy. At the top of this page, click Support and then select Service. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Oct 25
  • 2020-10-24

My PlayAcoustic unit came on with a blue screen only when powered up last night at the gig.

What is the solution for reloading the firmware into it?  I found a video on the SweetWater website,

however when I clicked on the link for the firmware/build version it wasn't there.  Maybe there is 

a solution that I am not aware of.  I DID get the unit into 'all lights blinking' Boot Mode.  That's as

far as I could get.    I'm stuck at that.

Thanks

read more...
    0 11
  • 2020-10-23

Hi, TC has so many different units incorporating vocal effects that it's hard to know which is best for singer/acoustic guitar. I can't afford $800 for the Voicelive 3 so I back ordered the Play Acoustic at Sweetwater. Meanwhile I see all your videos for that unit are very old (like 7 years) so I'm wondering if the Play Acoustic is old technology by now?  I was attracted by the "Acoustic" in the name but now I'm wondering if I'm going to get stuck, and maybe I should switch my order to a more modern unit before it's too late? Can you make a recommendation and give some insight as to which units are the most up to date? Thanks!

read more...
    0 17
    • Steve Notice
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Steve, please be aware that any of the TC HELICON unit are up to at and generally they work with the more recent OS relapsed, another point to consider is the fact that any unit when accompanied by the original invoice will always be covered in warranty by the defined period in the respective territory of purchase. I would suggest to follow the link below to access our products so you can analyze the best option for your needs. Thank you https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=voicelive
      • Mon at 1:15 AM
      • Is Play Acoustic still supported or obsolete?
        Steve Notice You still didn’t fully answer the question, so i’ll rephrase: Is the Voicelive Play Acoustic (black) still being manufactured? If not, is the Voicelive Play (the blue one with the same form factor) the direct replacement, and does it contain all the same abilities (software) as the Voicelive Play Acoustic? Or, is there some other model voice unit that has replaced both of them - other than the Voicelive 3 which I can’t afford for $800? Even if unsold units of the Play Acoustic are still available I don’t want to buy one if the model is formally discontinued. I only want models that are under current production and are still being fully supported and regularly updated with new software. Please help me make my purchase by giving me straight and complete information. Thank you.
        • Mon at 11:28 AM
    • Steve Notice
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Steve,Thank you for your reply, Please be aware that at this moment all the Voicelive Play line is not discontinued and as I mentioned on the previous message if you present your invoice and the unit is still in warranty any unit will be supported.
      Please follow the link below to access our TC HELICON Main Page so you can see all the units that are in production, the units that are not in production they will have a warning stating Legacy
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=VOICELIVE
      • Tue at 1:07 AM
  • 2020-10-23

I have a couple of questions for any vocalists or studios using the TC Helicon Voicelive Rack. 

If you switch effect presets while singing, will it briefly cut off the vocal signal while switching from preset to preset? 

I'm currently using a Lexicon MX400 for live performances that's being controlled via USB from a Mac and triggered from Digital Performer for preset changes.  Some of our songs require a preset change during the song for longer delays/reverbs.  I have also programmed a "dry patch" for speaking to the audience between songs.  However, when these preset changes happen, the MX400 briefly cuts the vocal signal off, creating a "hiccup" of sorts.  If I don't time it right when I speak before or after a song or place the preset change at the perfect time during a song, a brief muting of the vocals can be heard when the preset changes.

I'm looking for a new vocal effects unit with rich vocal sounds, robust features, and a multitude effects that can be layered. From what I've researched and heard samples of online, the TC Helicon Voicleive Rack unit is exactly what I'm looking for as long as this cutting off of the vocal signal issue doesn't happen between preset changes. 

It would also be optimal to switch presets with the TC via USB like I am now with the MX400.  I'm not 100% sure if that's possible either, so if anyone's doing it that way, please let me know.  

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

read more...
    0 7
  • 2020-10-21

Hi does the voicelive touch 2 output midi as in patch change ?

Thanks Ronny

0 11
  • 2020-10-18

Hi I'm New to digital Recording so please be gental when I don't get the technical terms right, I'm using Reaper as DAW, I bought my VoiceLive Touch 2 on E-bay abouit a year ago, I used it with a Boss RC 505 looper it worked great as an anolog device, now I changed to a DAW all other Devices are 24 bit and the Voicelive Touch2 is only 16 Bit which causes my DAW to pause or slow down for about 10 to 20 second... Using ASIO4ALL v2 to get all devices to work over USB... All Latency setting have not sovled this problem.. I'm using Windows 10 (If that helps)or will have to go back to the Anolog and use a cable which I'm trying to advoid...Does anyone have an Idea ? Thank You

read more...
    0 5
    • Abdullah Salahuddin
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Abdullah please be aware that if you wish to use your VoiceLive Touch 2 as our sound card you will need to use a DAW that can run at 16 bits . The VoiceLive Touch 2 via USB offers a stereo input output using a 16-bit @ 44.1kHz, and 16-bit @ 48kHz sample rate. This means that to set up your unit with a DAW you will need to set it up as a stereo input and use the sample rate mentioned above. Thank you
      • Oct 19
  • 2020-10-15

Trying to make a backup of the mini HD card in my VL3X but my PC won't read it to tell me how it was formatted at the factory. I really need to find out what file system was used in the formatting procedure at the factory so I can replicate it on my spare mini HD card

read more...
    0 24
    • Erik Ryan
      Leah from Music Tribe Hello @EricRyan ,

The VoiceLive 3 Extreme can be completely backed up without removing the SD card inside the device. We actually do not recommend opening up our devices since it can void your device's warranty.

If your device operates normally, follow the directions in this Knowledge Base Article to perform a complete backup of your device: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=d3bac025-49d3-ea11-a813-000d3a085914&brand=TC%20Helicon

If your device is experiencing any issues, follow the directions in this Knowledge Base Article to perform a firmware update: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=c111d238-30a7-ea11-a812-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Helicon

After following the above procedures, if you are still having trouble, please contact us directly by creating a Care Ticket by clicking on the Support link above. On the Support page, scroll to the bottom and click on Technical Support to get started.

I hope this helps. Thanks!
      • Oct 15
    • Erik Ryan
      Erik Ryan I wish I could take that route but Voice Support does not work standalone and I have no internet on my PC
      • Oct 15
    • Erik Ryan
      Erik Ryan Leah from Music Tribe I wish I could go that route but Voice Support does not work standalone and I have no internet on PC. Warranty was out along time ago and unit sat new in box during lengthy family tragedy. All I need to know is what file format the original mini HD card was formatted in at the factory so I can replicate it. For some reason my PC does not see the original card my unit came with so I cannot even look at the properties to examine the type of formatting it used.
      • Oct 15
    • Erik Ryan
      Leah from Music Tribe Hi @EricRyan ,

Please contact us directly via your existing email ticket with Jason. He will provide more information on your question. I have given him the details of your post.

Thanks!
      • Oct 15
  • 2020-10-15

Hi.

Ploease could someone respond to my case ref: CAS-144682-T0G1X5 which I opened 10 days ago.  I am trying to locate a spare part.

This is no urgent.

0 13
    • Stephen Marshall
      Stephen Marshall Now urgent
      • Oct 15
    • Stephen Marshall
      John Matthews Hi Stephen, I'll have a look at this and make sure someone reaches out today. Apologies for the delay.
      • Oct 15
      • Unresolved service case
        Stephen Marshall Thank you
        • Oct 15
      • Unresolved service case
        Stephen Marshall Hi John. Is the below suggesting that I order a part? Hi. The dial on the top of my unit no longer works. I felt a click and then it worked no more. Are you able to provide a replacement circuit board? I have previously enquired about this on ticket ref CAS-88398-X1W5B1 and was sent a link #googtrans(en|en)" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)">https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en) which brought me back here. Please can you help me to source a replacement part Y32-00001-75577----Replaces TC part# 7E34001611 Old MT part # Q09-00001-62920
        • Oct 15
    • Stephen Marshall
      John Matthews Hi Stephen, My colleague Dani has picked up on your case and sent you a quote for the requested part. Check your inbox and spam just in case.
      • Oct 15
  • 2020-10-15

Voicelive 3

If I use “ GUITAR THRU”, can I still record loops for the guitar? Or using the “GUITAR THRU” will bypass the looper processor?

1 10
    • Hatem Megaly
      Dale Minaker Hi Hatem, the latter is correct, the THRU simply bypasses any FX processing and goes out the unit to where you want it (as a dry signal)
      • Oct 15
Go to page