Statistics

250,389 members
127,534 posts
  • New
    MarkBeauregard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-07

I've been searching for hours to see if I can use a "mic mechanic 2" with my mission engineering power supply but with no real answers, it has (two 500 mA outputs) & (six 300 mA outputs). I know the appropriate TC charger delivers 670 mA but exactly how critical is this?

read more...
    0 3
    • MarkBeauregard
      WilliamR Hello Mark, It is important to run the mic mechanic 2 with at least 670mA. Any less won't damage it, but I cannot guarantee stable operation @ 500mA.
      • Sep 7
  • New
    MarkGamache
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-22

I like my VL3. but the size is a bit much for my pedalboard (I don't use the guitar effects). Is there another unit that has simular vocal effects, but is smaller? I like the 4 voice doubling and multi-voice harmonies. 

0 37
  • New
    RobF109
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-21

I have recently perchased a TC Helicon Perform-V and am unable to beam effects from the app.

I have tried it so many times, with different devices and only managed to get it to work once but never again.

I have now downloaded the voice support app for mac and am able to import effects to the unit via usb although voice support doesn't have as many preset options as the perform-v app does.

Is there a way to get the beaming to work or can I get access to the full range of presets via a usb?

Is this a common issue with this product or should I send it back for a replacement which works with beaming effects?

Thanks

read more...
    0 149
    • RobF109
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi RobF109, in most cases beaming will fail due to distortion being added to the signal. If you have not yet done so we would recommend trying the beaming process with the phone's volume at around 60 - 80% full, at 100% it is likely to add distortion.
      If you are also using an iPhone 7 or above please also experiment with the positioning of the phone, generally beaming works best when the speaker at the top of the phone is used rather than the bottom one.

If you are still experiencing issues after this I would recommend submitting a technical support ticket so we may gain a better understanding of your setup. To do this please go to support at the top of the page, scroll down to technical support and fill in the form.
      • Jun 21
    • RobF109
      RobF109

Hi Chris. Thank you for your reply. I have tried it and it's still not working so I will submit a technical support ticket. Many thanks for your help. Rob.

• Jun 23
  • New
    Jeffmac555
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

Hello . My mic looper is buzzing a lot when using a condenser mic. When using a dynamic mic it's great . Any advice ? Thank you 

0 64
  • New
    MattDavis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-30

My wife and I are career working musicians. I bought her a VLX3 for Christmas and there is intermittent bad crackling when she kicks on the harmonizer. Have dialed the gain back from 25 to 15 and still happening. I think we turned on the clip killer but it isn't clipping. She's using a Super 55 and the dynamic mic setting. Any advice? 

read more...
    0 62
    • MattDavis
      john0121 Hi Matt, I would recommend to fill out the Tech Support form via the Support button at the top of the page. One of the team can go through some settings and troubleshooting with you and help get this resolved. Thanks
      • Feb 1
  • New
    JanFranzen
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-29

Hi Peeps,

I've got a vocal preset on my Voicelive 3 with a few effects: bright plate reverb, harmony high&higher, double and european choir. And the sound coming out has got glitches here and there. Does anybody know what this is and how to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 63
    • JanFranzen
      PedroRodrigues Hi, JanFranzen I would suggest to confirm if your unit is running the latest firmware update, please use VOICESUPPORT 2 to perform the update. Please also confirm your connection and the respective cable and consider that the unit must be connected directly to your computer via USB 2.0 port. Please also consider that the sample rate for any imported files for this unit i must be 16 bit 48KHZ.
      • Feb 2
      • Voicelive 3 vocal audio glitches
        JanFranzen Hi Pedro, thanks for your reply. Latest firmware is installed and my voicelive is connected with XLR cable to my audio interface. So all of the above is not the problem. I think maybe the amount of effects is just too much for the thing. Which would be weird, cause it is made to produce many effects at the same time.
        • Feb 2
      • Voicelive 3 vocal audio glitches
        PetGerbil Have you got the "compressor" on ? Try turning it off...Also try turning the "Gate" off.
        • ·
        • Feb 2
  • New
    ttsing4u
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

I have a TChelicon Play Acoustic which tracks very well.

My ExtremeLive 3 doesn't want to track regardless of using MIDI in from the keyboard, Guitar in from Guitar or Roomsense or Natural Play. Nothing seems to make it see the proper chord. It does occassionally do major chords but not well. I need help.

Using Global Settings:

I've switched from everyone, MIDI, Guitar, Autosense etc. and saved after each change and even powered off and on. I've tried some of the factory harmony settings as well as my own and they all respond the same. Not usuable live.

I've turned OFF Natural Play Roomsense etc. and gone with the above settings to see if that was confusing it. Same result.

read more...
    0 72
    • ttsing4u
      PedroRodrigues Hi Tom, please be aware that for the sync/backing track , you'll never get it perfect since the MET in the VL3 isn't the same as the tempo that's recorded on the track. Even if you set the tempo the same in VL3 as you know it is on the track, the two have no way to "talk" and make sure they stay in some sort of sync. You'd need MIDI clock from/to both devices for that I would suggest the use of a DAW.
      What you end up with is 2 tempos that are actually the same, but ever so slightly "off" when it comes to the beats themselves. You end up with the slight timing differences adding up over time and eventually they'll be playing on opposite down/up beats and then come back together again after more time.
      For the erase, that's common when you're using the Play button to erase.
      If you don't want the "burp" you can use the Erase button from the UTIL menu.
      The Looper level in the Mix menu affects the recorded volume of the loop, but that's global so you can't turn down one loop and then turn up the next Slot/Track.
      • Jan 4
      • Harmony NOT tracking with any setting
        ttsing4u I'm not using tracks. I was referring to using the guitar or keyboard as the source to follow (track) the chord structure for vocal harmonies. I've been watching it between songs and the song might be in A and the harmonizer sees it in which throws out horrible harmonies. Then sometimes it finds the correct key but doesn't respond to minor or major 7 chords only the major ones. I'm playing bass, wife on keyboard and even with the internal mic settings it still doesn't listen or hear the proper chords changes to keep the vocal harmonies correct.
        • Jan 4
  • New
    dbmccommas1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-20

TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack

Is this product atill being manufactured?

read more...
    0 206
    • dbmccommas1
      PedroRodrigues Hi David, please be aware that the VOICELIVE RACK is discontinued for some time now. Thank you
      • December 21, 2020
      • TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack
        obrys Hi Pedro.
        Does TC Helicon voice live rack is still discontinued? I asked about it in online music shop in my country and they told me that they are able to provide new unit but I'll have to wait a few weeks.
        Does TC Helicon plan to release voice live rack 2 ?
        • ·
        • Mar 20
    • dbmccommas1
      GillC Hi Pedro, have you ever had an issue with the older Harmony Control Guitar pedal, where all I get is this (see pic) when I connect it to my VoiceLive processor?

I have followed religiously the set up instructions and all I get is the following on the front of the pedal. All lights illuminated in red, no ability to use the Tuner to tune my guitar, no sound through into the amp and the midi cables aren't connecting the Voice Live.

I fear that the bank of red lights tell me something is wrong and nothing is registering at all.

I have tried multiple 1/4 inch jack cables and two guitars, two amps and no life.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Gill
      • December 22, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Gill please try to perform a factory reset on your unit. To reset the unit, insert

the power connector while holding the two-foot switches.
        • Jan 4
    • dbmccommas1
      GillC Hey Pedro, thanks for coming back to me - soooo helpful. I just wish it had worked. I got a flash of 2 green lights and then the unit returned to the red light formation above... Any other ideas? Thanks so much
      • Jan 8
        PedroRodrigues Hi GillC sorry unfortunately if you are using the correct PSU my suggesting will be to get your unit repair. For that please follow the link below to contact one of our partners to be bale to get your unit inspected https://www.tc-helicon.com/buy.html?type=POS
        • Jan 11
    • dbmccommas1
      GillC Thanks so much Pedro, I am definitely using the correct power supply. :-( I live in Cape Town, South Africa - I assume there may not be TCHelicon partner able to help in SA? I also assume it is not the cable I am using to connect my guitar - does it need to be a balanced or stereo jack cable perhaps? Thanks again so much for your assistance Gill
      • Jan 12
  • zachdighans
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-05

Hello all,

I wanted to inquire about an issue I am having with my vocal pedal... I seem to have the right power supply for it (the 12 V 400 mA) and the pedal lights up indicating that it is on... although there is no output from the pedal, and turning the mic gain knob on the left of the pedal does nothing to increase volume. This is especially noticeable when I got to record vocals via my DAW using the pedal. Could this be a power supply issue or an issue within the pedal itself? If anyone has any tips or maybe a way to use the product number to have it sent and fixed/checked out that would be so helpful. 

thanks so much,

Zach 

read more...
    0 153
    • zachdighans
      WilliamR Hello, Sometimes issues like this can be cleared up with a firmware update. Make sure when you run the voice support 2 software that there are no web browsers open while you are running voice support 2 as it tends to interfere with the detection of the device.

1. Download and install VoiceSupport2 software from here.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Apps/VOICESUPPORT-2/p/P0CMP/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

2. Connect the device to PC / Mac with USB and turn on the power.

3. Start VoiceSupport2.

4.VoiceSupport2 recognizes the device, and if there is the latest update, an update mark will be added to the device image.

5. Select Update in the upper tab, click the latest firmware and try the update.
      • August 6, 2020