• 2020-08-06

I just spent an hour tracking down a problem with the VL3X, and found the solution only by accident.

I was getting distortion of the guitar beyond any distortion effect, overlaying the effected sound of the guitar. I was also not getting the full signal strength and the stereo feed (which I found listening to the Amazing Grace recorded track). The distortion is caused by having the headphone plug of the TC-Helicon combo guitar-headphone cable inserted all the way into the jack. For some reason, inserting this all the way in causes this distortion, as well as a loss of part of the signal that should be going to the headphones. Pull the plug out slightly and you'll suddenly hear it clear up and the distortion disappear.

This seems to be a problem only with the TC-H combo cable. I've tried two other headphone plugs inserted all the way into the jack, and with neither of those headphones was there any problem. The distortion only appeared (and signal was only lost) if I was using the TC-H combo cable with the plug fully inserted. I had to pull that plug out slightly to clear it up. Unfortunately, it didn't seem that secure in the jack then. But I guess it will stay.

read more
    0 0
  • 2020-08-04

Wondering if these do the exactly the same thing.

I am looking for a device to add a professional touch to my live show. Basically I am after the "tone" feature and some reverb, don't really need anything to fancy. But the cheapest option for me here in Iceland (Mic Mechanic) is costing about 300$. For that price I can get a VoiceSolo used, and I feel that is a lot better value for the money. 

I was also looking at the Harmony Singer 2 (same price as Mic Mechanic). Or even looking to buy an acoustic guitar/voice amp thas has built in reverb for the vocals. But with this option I think I would be missing out on the "Tone" feature.

Very confused with all the options! Does anyone have any tips?

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

read more
    0 4
    • Arni
      kiskadar69 I’m not a big fan of the TONE button these days. The Shape function (= EQ) is very good, but the cheaper TC-Helicon devices always turn on the compressor as well, which easily causes feedback in a noisy situation. In the chain I use a TC-Helicon VoiceTone T1 with the Comp/De-ess completely off and then connect my second vocal effect with the TONE button off.
      • Wed at 9:44 AM
  • 2020-08-03

I have no power to my voicelive 3 extreme, ive tried new power supply but the screen doesnt power up, when i test supply it has power to the transforma then no power to the voicelive box

there is just a beep beep on my tester

read more
    0 2
    • banjo123
      Nigel Turner Hi banjo123. This does sound like a internal hardware fault, in which case you will need to go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a support ticket. However, can you see if your unit will go into maintenance mode to start with. If not, then it is the ticket I am afraid. can I confirm that nothing lights up at all on the screen? When you say that you have tested the power supply, can you confirm that there are 12 volts on the power connector that plugs into the voicelive?
      Turn off your VL3X.
      ► Unplug headphones (if attached)
      ► Using a toothpick or a small wire (we recommend a straightened paper clip), press the
      button that is inside the Headphone jack. The
      button is small and at the very end of the inside of the jack. You don’t need to use much
      force – so please be gentle. You will feel a
      small click when the button presses.
      ► With the button held down, press the power
      switch on your VL3X.
      ► Wait until you see the System Maintenance
      Screen. You should see the System Maintenance
      screen immediately.
      • Tue at 12:24 AM
  • 2020-08-02

1>presets # 69, 114, 124, 125, 208, 258 are mute ????, any info about that?

0 0
    • LUIS KANTEK
      David Stewart There are a few presets that use the Talkbox effect or other computer voice effects. They do not give any sound unless you're playing.
      • 9 hours ago
  • 2020-08-01

Hi, 

I have a Playacoustic and my guitar and mic plug into that.  I would like to get a harmoniser for another singer and was thinking of a Harmony Singer 2.  However, the other singer doesn't play guitar and I have heard that the Singer 2 needs a guitar input so that it can track chords for harmonies etc.  Any recommendations for how to split the guitar signal so that it can go into the Playacoustic and the Singer 2 - or for a harmoniser that doesn't need a guitar input?  Thanks!

read more
    0 6
    • Jeremy Bird
      kiskadar69 Method 1: Guitar to Harmony Singer 2 "INST IN", Harmony Singer 2 "INST THRU" to Play Acoustic "GUITAR IN".
      Method 2: maybe a DI box could be used. Guitar into DI box input with a jack to jack lead, the jack link output on the DI box into the Play Acoustic "GUITAR IN" with another jack to jack lead, and then the DI XLR out into the Harmony Singer 2 "INST IN" with an XLR to jack lead.
      • Aug 2
    • Jeremy Bird
      mrjbates Radial makes some inventive, useful, built tough products that will fit (split?) your scenario. If you wish to spend $$, check their splitters here: https://www.radialeng.com/product_category/splitters
      • Mon at 8:45 AM
  • 2020-07-26

Hi guys,

I bought a Voicelive Touch 2 and a Switch 6 (both second hand) and I've been using the Switch in Custom Mode (with the first six effects assigned to each footswitch). But sometimes the commands from the Switch 6 will go nuts and turn the wrong effects (diferent then the assigned ones). When this happens, I reinsert the TRS on both ends until it gets back to the proper assigned functions.

Can this be a bad TRS cable thing? Or could it be because I have a malfunction Switch 6 unit? How should I get it fixed? I can't have this happening in the middle of a concert... Does anyone have any guess on where the problem lies?

Thanks in advance

read more
    0 5
    • yuriamorim
      kiskadar69 It should be determined which device is faulty. For example, you could measure the Switch-6 with an ohmmeter:
      0. If none of the switches on the Switch-6 are depressed, you will normally measure an open between the Tip and Ring output of the Switch-6.
      1. If only the first switch on the Switch-6 is depressed, you will normally measure 10 kohm between the Tip and Ring output of the Switch-6.
      2. If only the second switch on the Switch-6 is pressed, you will normally measure 20 kohm between the Tip and Ring output of the Switch-6.
      3. If only the third switch on the Switch-6 is depressed, you will normally measure 30 kohm between the Tip and Ring output of the Switch-6.
      4. If only the fourth switch on the Switch-6 is depressed, you will normally measure 40 kohm between the Tip and Ring output of the Switch-6.
      5. If only the fifth switch on the Switch-6 is pressed, you will normally measure 50 kohm between the Tip and Ring output of the Switch-6.
      6. If only the sixth switch of the Switch-6 is pressed, you will normally measure 60 kohm between the Tip and Ring output of the Switch-6.
      7. Normally you always measure 70 kohm between the Switch-6 Ring and Sleeve output.
      • Jul 26
    • yuriamorim
      kiskadar69 ..and yes, IMHO this can be a bad TRS cable thing.
      • Jul 26
      • Switch 6 randomly sending wrong commands to VLT2
        yuriamorim Thanks a lot, man! I'll look into that. Wishing that you have a great sunday!
        • Jul 26
  • 2020-07-26

Hello everyone,

Just joined the Music Tribe Community in order to be able to check around the TC Helicon family some things I'm willing to achieve with my recently acquired Voicelive Touch 2 + Switch 6 combo.

The more pressing question is the one I put as the subject for this inquiry. I'm a singer-songwriter and I REALLY want to be able to control the Slider FX effects with a dedicated Expression Pedal - so I don't have to use my hands for triggering them momentarily and/or controlling its intensity.

Since I'm already using the Switch 6 in the footswitch port - and unfortunately it seems that you don't have the option to assign this for one of the footswitches - it seems to me that the only way to achieve this would be using an Expression Pedal connected thru MIDI. Can someone confirm if that's possible? I checked the manual (and this forum), but couldn't find the answer. If it's possible, then would any Expression pedal work or is there some brands/models that are more advisable for getting this to work?

I'm hoping to get myself an Helix Floor (or LT) in the near future, and I could try using the Wah/Expr. pedal for that purpose (has anyone already done that?), but maybe it's best if I get a dedicated one just for the VLT2 - so I could have the Helix for controlling guitar effects whenever I need.

I was thinking of getting this EX3 model, made by this Poland brand called Beat Bars, which outputs MIDI both thru USB or a MIDI port. Here's the link for it: https://beatbars.com/en/midi-expression-pedal.html Does anyone know if that would work as I intend it to? 

Another doubt concerning the Slider FX: is it possible to increase the decay time of the effects (when triggered) so they don't disappear right away from pressing the slider FX region? That would be handy in the case that I can't control this via Expression Pedal. But I'd much rather having the expression pedal possibility though... That would grant me more control and expressivity.

I'll  greatly appreciate any feedback on this matter. Thanks in advance!

read more
    0 3
    • yuriamorim
      yuriamorim I've looked into the MIDI Implementation on the manual and there seems to be no MIDI CC number attributed to the Slider FX. That makes me think that maybe it's not possible to do what I want. If that's the case, would it be possible to include such a thing in a future firmware update? Does TC Helicon still keep "updating" this line of products (VLT2) - when was the last firmware update released anyway? - or would they do so if asked by the users community (in case it's theoretically possible)? I'm "late" to the game, but that feature would really make this piece of gear really shine (not that it doesn't already). There's still potential locked in this baby.
      • Jul 26
  • 2020-07-25

Hi,

which affordable expression pedals work best with the VoiveLive 2?

That means, that there are no "dead" areas from toe to heel position.

I learned, that most pedals with a 25 K linear pot in TRS-configuration work fine as an expression

pedal, but I do not know the correct brands ( the pedal should be durable).

Thanks in advance, regards,

Florian Schneider

read more
    0 2
  • 2020-07-21

Hello>I'm the original OWNER of my VoiceLive2 and when I got it out of the box-it was a snap to set 'her' to rec. on Channel 3 (played by my left chord hand) from my YAMAHA PSR S910 keyboard. I never once used it as a stompbox rather placed her right on my music stand & pushed the buttons w/ my right hand.

For 1 thing trying to get Voicesupport pgm to work was a day-mere ! I kept trying upteen times until this AM when as soon as i booted & got to the desktop, I opened Voicelive 2-it opened ! Then, I plugged in my Live2--they synched up but then I could ONLY update-which it did YET, i still have the same issues with the harmonies triggered by my ONE MiDi keyboard (That always worked b-4) did not read my midi notes or chords played by my left hand. i finally got it to work--UPDATED_ and it would NOT play the vocals as i played them. I always was able to play Sus4ths & slide to a simple major chord. i.e. C-E-F-G that slides into C-E-G.

Now please note, I had had to put my beloved VL2 in her case as I've been fighting a real battle w/ stage 4 throat "C".  because of the time off, I've forgottten a LOT of the controlling knowledge I had of 'her."  NOW I desperatly  NEED YOUR HELP. I'm enclosing the URL of My Utube music videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4N8NK0Kk2M            (r & r lullibye)

https://soundcloud.com/dontaylor811/i-believe-in-music-10-25- 15take-one-uremix-5-2-2020

Now I wasn't a great vocalist yet, I worked steady 5& 6 night hotel gigs on the road & even was a member of DION & the BELMONTS (reformed band).

1 more thing:  I can NOT seem to eliminate the "flange effect" on my double vocals. It used to sound like ME. Now, I have been frustrated for over 4 weeks which finally got me to post you here.

I have better pics but I have to jpoin my wife for dinner. I look forward to hearing back from SOMEONE-not like last week when i got a case# and no followup. Thanks for your time.

Regards,  Don Taylor

read more
    0 35
    •  Donald Taylor Jr
      Donald Taylor Jr I have since LOST 86 lbs since this pic ! Radiation & chemo was my ''diet." I'm a fighter & intend to fight on & ROCK ON_ I really need my VL2 to help my moral.
      • Jul 21
    •  Donald Taylor Jr
      Donald Taylor Jr PS-Once i got the UPDATE i tested & still got JAZZ chords instead of simple 1-3-5's. ALSO, once I had the software up & running--what the hell could I do with it ? I'm going on 70, I don't need more aggravation.
      • Jul 21
    •  Donald Taylor Jr
      Nic Jones Hi Donald.
      I've just found your case on our CRM and one of the American Support team contacted you on the 16th.
      Can you please check your Spam/Junk folder for an email from us?

I have also asked my colleague to send you another email/contact you first thing.
      • Jul 22
      • My VoiceLive2 doesn't play the correct harmonies.
        Seth Wolther Do you have a faceBook I could contact you on?
        • Jul 24
        Donald Taylor Jr https://www.facebook.com/Donny-T-314625375596325 I'm sorry i did NOT see your note here 'til now. Is it possible that if i recorded an MP3 of my issues you would better HEAR rather than read my issues ??? ALSO--Kindly google the song "Rock-n-Roll is here to stay" the intro where there is ONE NOTE at a time sung--I can NOT replicate that. Please advise because i was once able to do that. Thank you
        • Jul 26
        Donald Taylor Jr My VoiceLive2 doesn't play the correct harmonies. Donald Taylor Jr
        https://www.facebook.com/Donny-T-314625375596325 I'm sorry i did NOT see your note here 'til now. Is it possible that if i recorded an MP3 of my issues you would better HEAR rather than read my issues ??? ALSO--Kindly google the song "Rock-n-Roll is here to stay" the intro where there is ONE NOTE at a time sung--I can NOT replicate that. Please advise because i was once able to do that. Thank you
        • Jul 26
        Seth Wolther I messaged you on your Face Book.
        • Jul 27
    •  Donald Taylor Jr
      Donald Taylor Jr https://youtu.be/Ktj4EhgNPjE this is how I use my VL2 in my studio (Utube Video)
      • Jul 22
    •  Donald Taylor Jr
      Donald Taylor Jr This is how I've utilized my VL2 on stage as I impressed so many w/ my multi harmonies.
      • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-19
    When I go to update my software I get a message saying "Device In USE" some Applications such as Google Chrome open MIDI devices. Everything I own has Google Chrome, so how do I update my software on my voicelive2? I close everything but the update and I still get the message and can't update. Can I get some help?
    read more
    1 1
    • irland stewart
      Donald Taylor Jr I had the same issue Irland ! I kept trying upteen times until this AM when as soon as i booted & got to the desktop, I opened Voicelive 2-it opened ! Then, I plugged in my Live2--they synched up but then I could ONLY update-which it did YET, i still have the same issues wth the harmonies triggered by my ONE MiDi keyboard (That always worked b-4) did not read my midi notes or chords played by my left hand.
      • Jul 21