Statistics

224,033 members
98,291 posts
  • bdbutler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-18

Hello!  I am a huge fan of the TCH voice processors, however, I am super frustrated with my VL Play.

I have a Surface Book 2 with the Surface Book Dock.  It is all USB 3.0 based both on the Book and the Dock. At one point I was able to connect my VL Play to the Surface Book and Use Voice Support 2 to manage my presets.

After a few major and minor windows updates, the surface book will not even see the VL Play. So of course, neither will Voice Support.

With the Play connected I have checked Device manager and noted that there is a problem with a USB Port Reset error when it is plugged in.  I have tried the following:

1. Disabled the errored item in Device Manager.
    2. Scanned for changes and re-installed.
    3. Checked the Sound Control panel to make sure the device is not disabled. (it doesn't show due to 1 and 2)
    4. I have tried restarting AND shutting down and powering back up.
    5. I have tried changing the order of connection with Voicesupport and the VL PLay.
    6. I have tried updating the drivers through device manager.
    7. I have tried updating the drivers through Windows Update.

Is there anything I can do. I loved using Voicesupport to do mass management of my presets for setlists and backing up large numbers of presets.  I currently am unable to do that or do firmware upgrades.

Thank you so much for your help

Dan

read more...
    0 19
  • nkrcompany
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Voicelive2, Voicelive play have MIDI CC114 control message to bypass effects. I cannot find any information about bypass MIDI message in Voicelive 3 extreme manual. I've tried sending CC114 with 127 value but nothing happens. Can you help me, how should I bypass vocal effects using midi? Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 64
    • nkrcompany
      PetGerbil Can you activate the Tuner from Midi ? That would bypass the Vocal effects.
      • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        nkrcompany No, I can't because I don't know the midi CC of the tuner either. In the manual the midi cc list is too lightweight.
        • September 17, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        PetGerbil Hmmm, The only other way I can think of is to maybe create a "Step" with all the fx off. Or,individually turn each effect off with seperate CC's. P.I.T.A either way. :/
        • September 17, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-09-14

How can I direct backing tracks to go out on a particular output, say on one of the 1/4" guitar jack outputs?

0 43
  • Aspur
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-12

I seem to be having issues with the harmonies.  No matter where I set the slider harmony level, the harmonies are way in the background and barely audible.  I cannot hear them.  It doesn't matter was present I'm on.  I cannot find anything in the manual that addresses this type of trouble shooting.   What has happened. 

read more...
    0 37
    • Aspur
      kiskadar69 1.Check the value of the "Harmony" parameter on the "FX Mix" page (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 4).

2.Check the value of the "Level" parameter on the "Harmony Effect" page (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 15).

3.Check the value of the "Level" parameters on the "Voice Edit" pages (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 18)

4. (Hint) If you amplify the vocals in mono, set the VoiceLive Touch 2 to "Mono" or "Dual Mono" mode (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 59).
      • September 13, 2020
  • Npsonic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

I have had the vl3x now for 3 days... and no matter what I do I cant get my guitar to go through the pedal with effects.. there is just no output... I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

I know the pedal has input from the guitar because the level gauge and the tuner work..and I've even heard the effects through headphones on loop playback but I cant get guitar through the output to the mixer...

Can anybody help its baffling me....

read more...
    0 48
    • Npsonic
      PetGerbil Have you got the guitar plugged into the right hole ? The bottom one,not the top,cos that one'll mute the signal. What have you got your output settings set to ? Can't remember which one,but one will mute the signal. Have you looked in the Mixer section(Twiddle one of the 4 mini knobs to bring it up) Nothing amiss there ? Have you got something plugged into the seperate guitar outputs, Cos that will mute the guitar from the main outputs.
      • September 12, 2020
    • Npsonic
      Npsonic I have infact now got to the bottom of it.... the thru guitar jack sensor had a fault and was constantly picking up a jack in there hence no guitar output through the pedal..... I wsdnt going mad after all!!! Thabks for the reply guys
      • September 13, 2020
      • No guitar output vlx3
        PetGerbil That was gonna be my next suggestion..."Are you going mad ?" heh.
        • September 13, 2020
  • djmorgan17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-11

New thread.  So I'm trying to learn VoiceLive3 and got to say I think the manual sucks.  It was only after bumbling around on Google trying to find out how portamento and smoothing were handled on the VL3 that I found a random reference and pulled down the VL2 manual.  WHY THE HELL isn't all the good stuff that's in the VL2 manual about the effects of all the different harmony controls and settings also in the VL3 manual?!?!?  Why do I have to bumble around to stumble on it in an older manual?   Not good TC Helicon.  

And since there's a difference between VL2 and VL3 and the VL3 manual is woefully incomplete... can someone please tell me:

Is the "Midi" harmony mode on the VL3 the same as the Midi Notes 4 Chan harmony mode on the VL2?  If not, is there a way to make the VL3 let me hit on the keyboard the exact harmony notes I want sung ?  And does the octave matter?  Does it actually place the harmonies on the real note(s) I play (like C4 E4 G4, or does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?????    

(Also - is the 8 voice midi controlled harmony of the VL2 not available in the VL3?  If this is TC Helicon answering - why did they kill it?  was it overkill, as in no one used 8 voice harmonies?)     

Thanks for any assistance.

read more...
    0 74
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 It is not mentioned in the VoiceLive 3 manual, but there should also be Notes mode:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqqTnhLJCg
      • September 13, 2020
    • djmorgan17
      kiskadar69 "Does it transpose the notes to some in range octave (which would let me play the harmonies I want with my left hand while I played something different with my right)?"
      In Notes ("Manual") mode, older TC-Helicon devices have modified the received Note On octave according to a global parameter. In VoiceLive 3, IMO this is the SETUP / TRANSPOSE parameter (TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual, page 152). You have to try.
      • September 13, 2020
  • djmorgan17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-08

Revised - as I just received a USB-A to USB-A cable from Amazon and it doesn't work either...

I've had a VL3 for several years, but gave up on it shortly after getting it.  Now I'm back. Firmware is v1.0.20 ! and needs updating.   

I have tried using both a USB-A to micro-USB B cable and a USB-A to USB-A cable, both of which I have tried plugging into my mac and appropriate USB port on the VL3.  I have downloaded the VoiceSupport2 app.  When I run it with the VL3 on and plugged in as above, the program tells me there are no MIDI capable devices available.  It doesn't see the VL3 despite power on power off, unplug plug in, and anything else I could think of.

To add insult to injury, if I click on the "More Info..." button for 'more information on diagnosing connection problems, I get a black screen telling Safari can't find the server (music-group.force.com).

HELP!!!!   I am out of options with a VL3 with very obsolete firmware.   

read more...
    0 69
    • djmorgan17
      Nigel67 One option would be to try and upgrade the unit through a USB key. Please see our KB article
      https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-02353
      • September 9, 2020
      • Updating firmware ???   Help -  my mac w VoiceSupport2 doesn't see my VL3
        Nigel67 Can you also check that the Midi Source is set to USB
        • September 9, 2020
        djmorgan17 Thanks. Just put in Care Request. But why is my Mac and VoiceSupport2 not seeing the unit???? And which USB connection are you supposed to use???? or can you use either???? Manual sucks - all kinds of information that should be in there isn't. Is there another resource with more detailed info like the above, and what each of the effects actually changes (gender, portamento, etc.) ??? And why is the More Info link broken - where on the web is the current info on troubleshooting connection problems??? Thank you.
        • September 9, 2020
        Nigel67 Have you checked that on the VL3 Midi Source is set to USB as I mentioned in my previous message.. This is the usual reason that the MAC and Windows machine are not seeing it. There is only one USB connector that you can plug a USB memory stick into which is the Type A. The Voicelive3 when purchased, would have been supplied with a USB Type A to a USB Type B Mini for connection between your PC and unit. Have you visited our KB article section which may have answered your connection problem? https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/category/?id=CAT-01007
        • September 10, 2020
        Nigel67 I will also report the more infor issue you experienced. It looks as though the link is incorrect.
        • September 10, 2020
    • djmorgan17
      djmorgan17 Just got the update file from Jason, loaded onto a USB and successfully downloaded it. Am now updated to V2.2.00 build 366 and VoiceLive2 now sees the unit. Thanks for the help.
      • September 10, 2020
        djmorgan17 While we're communicating, can you tell me where VoiceLiveEditor (VL3 Free) from voiceliveeditor.com is safe to download. I find editing the VoiceLive 3 presets from the device itself extremely cumbersome and time consuming. Using an Mac-based editor with a full screen to work with would be so much easier. Would love to know your or others experience with it. Thanks!
        • September 10, 2020
        djmorgan17 sorry - "tell me whether" not "tell me where"
        • September 10, 2020
        PetGerbil I highly recommend the Voicelive editor software. (for what my opinions worth ) It makes everything soo much easier. It's author used to post on here,he was/is a very knowledgeable and helpful fella, until..... well,y'know... Uli B turned up and destroyed the community. It's totally safe.
        • September 11, 2020
        djmorgan17 Thanks - though not sure what I'm doing taking advice from a gerbil... And since I just got up here, who the hell is Uli B and why didn't they bump him off if he was that disruptive...?
        • September 11, 2020
        PetGerbil Uli Behringer, The pointy haired boss, The one who bought TC-Helicon, The one responsible for this atrocious website. or Billy Bull%^&^ as I like to call him.
        • September 12, 2020
  • mintsdan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-06

Greetings!!! I am interested in a device called TC-HELCON VOICE-LIVE 3 EXTREEM How many sound generators does this device have that is how many real sounds are actually produced from the device Is it 4 or 8? Thank you!!! Because the Corg organ PA3X or PA4X has your device built in and there are 4 and I want to know if yours has more ... Thank you very much and have a good day !!!

read more...
    0 21
    • mintsdan
      PedroRodrigues Hi mintsdan Please see the information requested below
      • September 6, 2020
      • sound generators
        mintsdan Greetings!!! Thank you very much for the answer. But my question is not how many effects the device has but how many vocal sound generators there are in it like for example having a polyphonic concept i.e. how many sounds can be played simultaneously in a musical instrument so I ask how many vocal sounds can be added to the basic voice of the singer .... Thank you very much Great and good and blessed DAY !!!
        • September 6, 2020
      • sound generators
        PedroRodrigues Hi mintsdan Please follow the link below to acess all the information available for the VOICE LIVE 3 EXTREME https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEG# I hope this helps
        • September 7, 2020
    • mintsdan
      mintsdan Greetings!!! Thank you very much for the answer. This is what I found ... I hope that what is written here is not a simulation for 8 but actually 8 sound generators ... because in the choir it is written that it only sounds like 30 but not 30 voices ... Thank you very much !!! Harmony
      Likely the most popular and impressive of our effects suite, Harmony creates up to 8 voices of harmony (varies by product), based on your vocal input and surrounds you with professional sounding backup singers. Once you’ve added harmony to your performance, we think you’ll never want to sing without it. Choir
      Choir makes it sound like you have a huge group of singers singing in unison with you! Choir is perfect for huge choruses or pieces where you want to sound like you have a massive 30 person choir behind you.
      • September 7, 2020
  • Guisseppe81
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-08-24

Hi... I'm using a voice live 2. The global tone button has started sticking and I have to jiggle it around a bit to get it to function. It's weird because it just started and I'm sure I haven't used it enough to wear it out. It's pretty much set and forget. Nothing spilled on the unit etc. Just started randomly. Blew it out with some compressed air. No change. A bit of electronic cleaner. No change. It just doesn't give a solid "click" when I press it, unlike the others. Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Jeff

read more...
    0 26
    • Guisseppe81
      Nigel67 Hi Jeff, it could be that the switch mechanism has gone faulty. I would suggest sending in a repair ticket via the support tab at the top of the page. If the unit is still under warranty I wouldn't go trying to clean it, etc as this could affect the warranty situation.
      • August 24, 2020
  • BenPearce
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-18

I have my Voice live 3 plugged into my computer via USB. I have Ableton open with the VoiceLive 3 set to both the input and output device in Ableton preferences. I have tried all the different USB input/output settings on my VL3 and the USB volume is turned up in the VL3 mixer. My computer is recieving audio from the VL3, but I am unable to hear the computers audio through the VL3.

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

read more...
    0 113
    • BenPearce
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ben I’m sorry in advance for the extensive reply but I think is best for your to have the full picture of your unit when it comes to interface with a computer and to be honest I think that matter is more a routing issue on your DAW .Please be aware that the USB audio in VoiceLive 3 only supports 2 channels, this means you unfortunately cannot do crazy multitracking with simultaneous separated auxiliary, backing track, stereo vocal, and stereo guitar channels. But we have included multiple modes for different uses to make the most of these 2 channels.
      There are three different input modes for VoiceLive 3 to receive USB audio from your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Input tab under the USB Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio from your computer is received with its panning intact, as a stereo signal. Incoming USB audio competes with the backing track player (Extreme only), and levels can be edited in the VoiceLive 3's "Mix" menu. USB output back to your computer is locked to a full stereo mix (wet vocals and wet guitar together)
      DAW TRACKING Incoming USB audio is stereo and one-way, as in VoiceLive 3 does not return the USB audio coming from your computer back into the computer
      DAW INSERT For applying VoiceLive 3's effects to dry audio from your computer. USB audio received from your computer is expected to be panned - audio panned left will go through VoiceLive 3s vocal path, and audio panned right will go through VoiceLive 3s instrument path
      There are also a couple output modes for how your VoiceLive 3 sends its audio (your vocal and guitar signals) into your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Output tab under the USB Output Mode parameter:
      STEREO USB audio output to your computer is a stereo mix of wet vocals and wet guitar
      SAME AS XLR The two left and right USB audio channels (1 and 2 respectively) sending to your computer mimic the two main XLR outputs from the VoiceLive 3
      DRY VOX L / GUITAR R Mono dry vocals are sent to your computer on channel 1, and mono dry guitar is sent to your computer on channel 2
      If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono.
      With this setup, audio from your DAW panned left will be fed through VoiceLive 3s vocal path and back out wet in mono to channel 1, and audio from your DAW panned right will be fed through VoiceLive 3s guitar path and back out wet in mono to channel 2.
      • August 19, 2020
    • BenPearce
      BenPearce Thanks for your response Pedro. I have read the above documentation on VL3's USB modes, and I have tried switching through them. I don't think the issue is with routing in my DAW, because when I switch Ableton's output device to my normal audio interface I hear the output audio as expected.
      • August 19, 2020
      • Can't hear USB Audio Input on the Head Phone Output - Voice Live 3
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben, that is exactly what I mean the routing of your DAW when operating with the VL3 as a audio interface, please have into consideration that when you do use it it has the limitation stated above
        • August 19, 2020
        BenPearce But on "Stereo USB" and "DAW Tracking" input mode the DAW's output should be routed through the VL3 headphone output, right?
        • ·
        • August 19, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ben Pearce Please go to the Main Mix Menu and please confirm how you have set up the Headphones Mix
        • August 20, 2020
Go to page