Statistics

234,017 members
109,624 posts
  • New
    Squizman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-05

Hi Everyone, Im trying to run switch 6 but can't find the software to update, hoping some could please help out. Many Thanks Marty

0 19
  • New
    Schmeckitup
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-04

I'm wondering if there is a way to have different Setups attached to different Presets on the VC3 Extreme. I have some cases where I am using a studio mic and using that to capture vocal and acoustic guitar, and others where I am plugging in a guitar and using a live vocal mic with a tighter pattern. Is it possible to link the input levels and tone settings to presets so that I don't have to switch everything around manually every time I reconfigure?

read more...
    0 41
    • Schmeckitup
      PedroRodrigues Hi Glen, what I would suggest to create your own setup with a bigger degree of customization is to create and save steps on your VL3 X live you do with a present, if you save each step individually you will be able to save your steps on each present and this will make your configuration a lot easier.
      I would suggest following the link below to watch a video, this video is for Voice Live 3 but the process will be similar for your Vl3 x
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzwntwA9gvw

I will also leave you a video for your VL3X that also cover the steps.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yluTEPFFjU8
      Thank you
      • November 5, 2020
      • Multiple Voicelive 3 Setups
        Schmeckitup Thank you for the details on Steps. Do Steps record Setup settings such as mic gain, instrument input gain and tone shaping?
        • November 5, 2020
  • New
    stephensmiles
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-04

I'm doing some recording with Ableton.  I'm about to buy a condenser mic, probably a Rode NT1 or Aston Origin. Both require 48v phantom power. Will my Voiceplay live support this or do I need to buy another Audio Interface?

0 367
    • stephensmiles
      stephensmiles Actually I seem to have discovered that it does:-) Next question. Is there a flat (no effects) setting on the Voicelive play?
      • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        leah Hello Stephen,
        The VoiceLive Play has a "Talk" mode where you can quickly bypass the effects from the current preset. This is done by holding down the HIT footswitch.
        If you'd like a dedicated preset with zero effects applied, you can either transfer a "Blank Preset" style to your device using VoiceSupport 2 or simply build a new preset with all effects off within the device.
        Hope this helps. Thanks!
        • November 4, 2020
      • Voicelive Play Phantom Power
        stephensmiles Thank you.
        • November 4, 2020
    • stephensmiles
      RexBeckett Hi Stephen, according to the specifications, Voicelive Play has a 48V phantom supply when enabled through the Setup menu.
      • November 4, 2020
  • New
    Steveosays
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-04

I just bought my tc helicon voicelive touch version 1 and when I plug into mixer, there is no sound or signal coming out of the helicon. I'm not sure if there something wrong but I would really use further assistance.

0 161
    • Steveosays
      Nigel67 I would first of all perform a factory reset, and then connect to voicesupport and upgrade the unit to its latest version. This is all detailed in the User Manual
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/documents/tchelicon/voicelivetouchcompletemanualengv1-2.pdf
      Once you have done this sing into the unit, turn up the input level control and see if the signal and peak lights come on. If they do, then you are getting signal into the unit. Does your microphone require phantom power? If you then plug some headphones in and turn up the level control, do you hear anything in them? Which outputs are you using on the rear of the unit. What sort of jacks are you using. Are there any conversion connectors. Are the cables balanced or unbalanced to the amplifier?
      • November 3, 2020
      • TC Helicon Voicelive touch not working/no signal
        Steveosays I’ve tried holding the octave, low and bass bottoms and no reset has worked. It would just say ready.
        • Jan 13
        Steveosays I’ve had this thing for almost a year now and have yet to play it. Heard amazing things and because I do not have a job that allows me the brand new voicelive touch, I had to proceed with the version 1. Which was not cheap and spent time saving in order to acquire. It’s really sad.
        • Jan 13
        Nigel67 Have you tried connecting it to VoiceSupport and seeing if you can upgrade the unit? Please could you answer my original questions about the signal LED and microphone, etc. This will hopefully help identify the issue. You mentioned that none of the buttons worked when you tried the reset. Have you taken the protective film covering of the front of the unit as this could stop the buttons from working? If pressing the buttons still doesn't work, the the unit will have to be serviced. In which case please submit a service ticket by going to the Support Tab at the top of the page.
        • Jan 14
  • New
    ScottBurford
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-03

Hi there.

My unit will perform as expected sometimes, and then other times it does not respond to any of the footswitches. 

Yesterday at a gig it happened using the looper; the song was a disaster. 

When it has happened in the past I have restarted it, and then it has been fine. I have generally found it when first turning it on and the tuner function doesn't work.

Yesterday it kept locking up, and I restarted it many times until I just gave up and left it on my basic patch; I didn't try and use any of the other features in it again.

I need to find a solution to this. 

Overall, this has been a pretty disappointing purchase. It's already been back to the importer for repairs 5 times, and with them for quite some time with each repair. 

read more...
    0 33
    • ScottBurford
      PedroRodrigues Hi Scott that is terrible news and not the kind of experience that we wish to provide to our customers, please follow the link below to submit a assistance request by following the link below so we can assist you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • November 4, 2020
      • TC Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme foot switches not consistently working
        ScottBurford Thank you Pedro.
        • November 4, 2020
        ScottBurford Hi Pedro. Thank you for the link. I'm not able to complete the form, as I can't find my invoice to show proof of purchase. The unit itself is out of warranty now (assuming there was a 12-month warranty). Overall it has been a bit frustrating with the issues it has had. I wouldn't buy another, given my experiences, but at the moment I'm not in a position to replace it. Covid-19 has wiped out much of my work this year. Gigs are very slowly coming back, and I n need to be able to use this. I've tried cleaning the footswitches with contact cleaner. No luck there. It functioned as it should for a few minutes before locking up again.
        I suppose one solution would be to buy an external footswitch and map the functions to it? Or have the board replaced? It has already been replaced once because the unit kept going into a rebooting sequence at one stage.
        Anything else I might be able to try?
        THank you.
        • ·
        • November 4, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Scott, unfortunately the only way to move forward will be via the assistance request. Thank you
        • November 5, 2020
        ScottBurford Thank you. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the invoice from the shop I bought it through, or speak to the Australian importer and see if they can help in any way then.
        • ·
        • November 5, 2020
  • New
    markdale25
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

I just purchased a used TC Helicon Quintet voice processor and I'm not having much luck finding a user manual. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 54
  • New
    PSU87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-31

Just starting to discover a new Play Acoustic, but two questions:

1. The VoiceSupport software seems very limited.  I can rearrange and load presets, but is there any way to edit presets using the software, or is that only possible on the unit itself?

2. If I wanted to use two different effects in the same song- say a double in one part of the song and a harmony in the other, is there any way to accomplish that other than moving up and down with the foot switches, and using the hit button?  Would the Switch-3 make it any easier?

Thanks.....

read more...
    0 35
    • PSU87
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Tom R please be aware that you can perform any edit procedures on VoiceSupport and send the preset to your unit with those changes implemented, for more information please follow the link below.
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      When it comes to the vocal effects, you can combine these effects into a preset, which is essentially a storage location, you get 235 presets as standard, with one blank spot and the ability to overwrite any of the factory-loaded ones with your own creations.
      Regarding the Looper there is no way to store your loops.
      I hope this helps
      • November 2, 2020
    • PSU87
      kiskadar69 1. TC-Helicon VoiceSupport cannot edit presets in full detail. There are editing programs on https://www.voiceliveeditor.com (unfortunately not for Play Acoustic).
      2. To find out what a Switch-3 pedal is good for, see page 35 of the TC-Helicon Play Acoustic English Manual.
      For Play Acoustic, you can use Switch-6 instead of Switch-3 (if Switch-6 is not available in the menu, a firmware update is required).
      • November 3, 2020
  • canecutters
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-25

my voicelive play needs repair to the black center dial. the dail no longer functions. please give me simple instructions where to get a RMA# so i can mail it to a qualified service professional. Thanks

0 27
    • canecutters
      RexBeckett Hi Fitzroy. At the top of this page, click Support and then select Service. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • October 25, 2020
  • onehand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-24

My PlayAcoustic unit came on with a blue screen only when powered up last night at the gig.

What is the solution for reloading the firmware into it?  I found a video on the SweetWater website,

however when I clicked on the link for the firmware/build version it wasn't there.  Maybe there is 

a solution that I am not aware of.  I DID get the unit into 'all lights blinking' Boot Mode.  That's as

far as I could get.    I'm stuck at that.

Thanks

read more...
    0 75
  • snotice
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

Hi, TC has so many different units incorporating vocal effects that it's hard to know which is best for singer/acoustic guitar. I can't afford $800 for the Voicelive 3 so I back ordered the Play Acoustic at Sweetwater. Meanwhile I see all your videos for that unit are very old (like 7 years) so I'm wondering if the Play Acoustic is old technology by now?  I was attracted by the "Acoustic" in the name but now I'm wondering if I'm going to get stuck, and maybe I should switch my order to a more modern unit before it's too late? Can you make a recommendation and give some insight as to which units are the most up to date? Thanks!

read more...
    0 106
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve, please be aware that any of the TC HELICON unit are up to at and generally they work with the more recent OS relapsed, another point to consider is the fact that any unit when accompanied by the original invoice will always be covered in warranty by the defined period in the respective territory of purchase. I would suggest to follow the link below to access our products so you can analyze the best option for your needs. Thank you https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=voicelive
      • October 26, 2020
      • Is Play Acoustic still supported or obsolete?
        snotice You still didn’t fully answer the question, so i’ll rephrase: Is the Voicelive Play Acoustic (black) still being manufactured? If not, is the Voicelive Play (the blue one with the same form factor) the direct replacement, and does it contain all the same abilities (software) as the Voicelive Play Acoustic? Or, is there some other model voice unit that has replaced both of them - other than the Voicelive 3 which I can’t afford for $800? Even if unsold units of the Play Acoustic are still available I don’t want to buy one if the model is formally discontinued. I only want models that are under current production and are still being fully supported and regularly updated with new software. Please help me make my purchase by giving me straight and complete information. Thank you.
        • October 26, 2020
    • snotice
      PedroRodrigues Hi Steve,Thank you for your reply, Please be aware that at this moment all the Voicelive Play line is not discontinued and as I mentioned on the previous message if you present your invoice and the unit is still in warranty any unit will be supported.
      Please follow the link below to access our TC HELICON Main Page so you can see all the units that are in production, the units that are not in production they will have a warning stating Legacy
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/search-results.html?queryStr=VOICELIVE
      • October 27, 2020
    • snotice
      HaloRecordings snotice. I understand your question and I'm in the same boat. The Play Acoustic (PA) has been out for several years. Too many. I would think there's a new model in the $300 range on the horizon. The VoiceLive 3 is not only out of my price range too, it's way too complicated for my needs. I use the original Harmony G pedal and have been using it since it came out about 10 years ago. I run the Guitar THRU into my pedalboard and I love the pedal. But I want to upgrade to something that has a more accurate harmonies along with guitar effects. The PA comes close to what I'm looking for but it is old and it doesn't have the I/O's I would expect in a pedal at this price point. And a little note to answer your question about the PA being in production. The answer TC gave you was a link to a a list of all "in production" vocal pedals. The PA is not listed. So I would think they are no longer being produced. This may be why I've seen them at lower prices. Get rid of the old stock before the new and improved model comes out. I'm sticking with my Harmony G. If TC does release a new model I hope it has the following: Guitar IN and THRU (to run a guitar to a pedalboard and Amp}. A separate Guitar XLR/1/4 Inch Combo Stereo OUT with the onboard effects. XLR Combo Stereo Vocals Out, MIDI in and USB C. Similar to the Boss VE-8 and VoiceLive 3. Good Luck.
      • Feb 1
Go to page