Statistics

234,013 members
109,620 posts
  • yuriamorim
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-26

Hello everyone,

Just joined the Music Tribe Community in order to be able to check around the TC Helicon family some things I'm willing to achieve with my recently acquired Voicelive Touch 2 + Switch 6 combo.

The more pressing question is the one I put as the subject for this inquiry. I'm a singer-songwriter and I REALLY want to be able to control the Slider FX effects with a dedicated Expression Pedal - so I don't have to use my hands for triggering them momentarily and/or controlling its intensity.

Since I'm already using the Switch 6 in the footswitch port - and unfortunately it seems that you don't have the option to assign this for one of the footswitches - it seems to me that the only way to achieve this would be using an Expression Pedal connected thru MIDI. Can someone confirm if that's possible? I checked the manual (and this forum), but couldn't find the answer. If it's possible, then would any Expression pedal work or is there some brands/models that are more advisable for getting this to work?

I'm hoping to get myself an Helix Floor (or LT) in the near future, and I could try using the Wah/Expr. pedal for that purpose (has anyone already done that?), but maybe it's best if I get a dedicated one just for the VLT2 - so I could have the Helix for controlling guitar effects whenever I need.

I was thinking of getting this EX3 model, made by this Poland brand called Beat Bars, which outputs MIDI both thru USB or a MIDI port. Here's the link for it: https://beatbars.com/en/midi-expression-pedal.html Does anyone know if that would work as I intend it to? 

Another doubt concerning the Slider FX: is it possible to increase the decay time of the effects (when triggered) so they don't disappear right away from pressing the slider FX region? That would be handy in the case that I can't control this via Expression Pedal. But I'd much rather having the expression pedal possibility though... That would grant me more control and expressivity.

I'll  greatly appreciate any feedback on this matter. Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 51
    • yuriamorim
      yuriamorim I've looked into the MIDI Implementation on the manual and there seems to be no MIDI CC number attributed to the Slider FX. That makes me think that maybe it's not possible to do what I want. If that's the case, would it be possible to include such a thing in a future firmware update? Does TC Helicon still keep "updating" this line of products (VLT2) - when was the last firmware update released anyway? - or would they do so if asked by the users community (in case it's theoretically possible)? I'm "late" to the game, but that feature would really make this piece of gear really shine (not that it doesn't already). There's still potential locked in this baby.
      • July 26, 2020
  • Floh1954
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-25

Hi,

which affordable expression pedals work best with the VoiveLive 2?

That means, that there are no "dead" areas from toe to heel position.

I learned, that most pedals with a 25 K linear pot in TRS-configuration work fine as an expression

pedal, but I do not know the correct brands ( the pedal should be durable).

Thanks in advance, regards,

Florian Schneider

read more...
    0 31
    • Floh1954
      JasonB81 Hello Florian - This is the pedal I use for all my TC products - I highly recommend it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EP3--moog-ep-3-universal-polarity-expression-pedal?mrkgadid=984185277&mrkgcl=28&mrkgen=gdsa&mrkgbflag=0&mrkgcat=generic&&acctid=21700000001645388&dskeywordid=39700048800210508&lid=39700048800210508&ds_s_kwgid=58700005371980883&device=c&network=g&matchtype=b&locationid=9013141&creative=452849193008&targetid=aud-909333222373:dsa-824852042819&campaignid=6730319002&gclsrc=aw.ds&&mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=984185277&rkg_id=0&campaigntype=dsa&campaign=aaDSA&adgroup=984185277:DSA%20-%20Product&placement=google&adpos=&creative=452849193008&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Nj5BRCZARIsABwxDKIinFL20WL3haU2z_IupNMmKOLuNMw2nG_KIfd4c51f1eC2z8fJs_gaAsbwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
      • August 14, 2020
  • DonaldTaylorJr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

Hello>I'm the original OWNER of my VoiceLive2 and when I got it out of the box-it was a snap to set 'her' to rec. on Channel 3 (played by my left chord hand) from my YAMAHA PSR S910 keyboard. I never once used it as a stompbox rather placed her right on my music stand & pushed the buttons w/ my right hand.

For 1 thing trying to get Voicesupport pgm to work was a day-mere ! I kept trying upteen times until this AM when as soon as i booted & got to the desktop, I opened Voicelive 2-it opened ! Then, I plugged in my Live2--they synched up but then I could ONLY update-which it did YET, i still have the same issues with the harmonies triggered by my ONE MiDi keyboard (That always worked b-4) did not read my midi notes or chords played by my left hand. i finally got it to work--UPDATED_ and it would NOT play the vocals as i played them. I always was able to play Sus4ths & slide to a simple major chord. i.e. C-E-F-G that slides into C-E-G.

Now please note, I had had to put my beloved VL2 in her case as I've been fighting a real battle w/ stage 4 throat "C".  because of the time off, I've forgottten a LOT of the controlling knowledge I had of 'her."  NOW I desperatly  NEED YOUR HELP. I'm enclosing the URL of My Utube music videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4N8NK0Kk2M            (r & r lullibye)

https://soundcloud.com/dontaylor811/i-believe-in-music-10-25- 15take-one-uremix-5-2-2020

Now I wasn't a great vocalist yet, I worked steady 5& 6 night hotel gigs on the road & even was a member of DION & the BELMONTS (reformed band).

1 more thing:  I can NOT seem to eliminate the "flange effect" on my double vocals. It used to sound like ME. Now, I have been frustrated for over 4 weeks which finally got me to post you here.

I have better pics but I have to jpoin my wife for dinner. I look forward to hearing back from SOMEONE-not like last week when i got a case# and no followup. Thanks for your time.

Regards,  Don Taylor

read more...
    0 82
    • DonaldTaylorJr
      DonaldTaylorJr I have since LOST 86 lbs since this pic ! Radiation & chemo was my ''diet." I'm a fighter & intend to fight on & ROCK ON_ I really need my VL2 to help my moral.
      • July 21, 2020
    • DonaldTaylorJr
      DonaldTaylorJr PS-Once i got the UPDATE i tested & still got JAZZ chords instead of simple 1-3-5's. ALSO, once I had the software up & running--what the hell could I do with it ? I'm going on 70, I don't need more aggravation.
      • July 21, 2020
    • DonaldTaylorJr
      NicJonesMT Hi Donald.
      I've just found your case on our CRM and one of the American Support team contacted you on the 16th.
      Can you please check your Spam/Junk folder for an email from us?

I have also asked my colleague to send you another email/contact you first thing.
      • July 22, 2020
      • My VoiceLive2 doesn't play the correct harmonies.
        SethMusicTribe Do you have a faceBook I could contact you on?
        • July 24, 2020
        DonaldTaylorJr https://www.facebook.com/Donny-T-314625375596325 I'm sorry i did NOT see your note here 'til now. Is it possible that if i recorded an MP3 of my issues you would better HEAR rather than read my issues ??? ALSO--Kindly google the song "Rock-n-Roll is here to stay" the intro where there is ONE NOTE at a time sung--I can NOT replicate that. Please advise because i was once able to do that. Thank you
        • July 26, 2020
        DonaldTaylorJr My VoiceLive2 doesn't play the correct harmonies. Donald Taylor Jr
        https://www.facebook.com/Donny-T-314625375596325 I'm sorry i did NOT see your note here 'til now. Is it possible that if i recorded an MP3 of my issues you would better HEAR rather than read my issues ??? ALSO--Kindly google the song "Rock-n-Roll is here to stay" the intro where there is ONE NOTE at a time sung--I can NOT replicate that. Please advise because i was once able to do that. Thank you
        • July 26, 2020
        SethMusicTribe I messaged you on your Face Book.
        • July 27, 2020
    • DonaldTaylorJr
      DonaldTaylorJr https://youtu.be/Ktj4EhgNPjE this is how I use my VL2 in my studio (Utube Video)
      • July 22, 2020
    • DonaldTaylorJr
      DonaldTaylorJr This is how I've utilized my VL2 on stage as I impressed so many w/ my multi harmonies.
      • July 22, 2020
  • james1080
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    When I go to update my software I get a message saying "Device In USE" some Applications such as Google Chrome open MIDI devices. Everything I own has Google Chrome, so how do I update my software on my voicelive2? I close everything but the update and I still get the message and can't update. Can I get some help?
    read more...
    1 43
    • james1080
      DonaldTaylorJr I had the same issue Irland ! I kept trying upteen times until this AM when as soon as i booted & got to the desktop, I opened Voicelive 2-it opened ! Then, I plugged in my Live2--they synched up but then I could ONLY update-which it did YET, i still have the same issues wth the harmonies triggered by my ONE MiDi keyboard (That always worked b-4) did not read my midi notes or chords played by my left hand.
      • July 21, 2020
  • kingofthenight
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    Hi guys . Anyone knows how to set the backing tracks isolated output on VoiceLive 3 X? Found a scheme where says that the gtr outputs are to be used but that ones not working.
    0 172
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight on the output Tab on the backing track setting you will be able to route the backing tracks to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other.
      These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to FOH and “the click” to a monitor mix .
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      I hope this helps
      • August 12, 2020
      • VL3 X  backing tracks output?
        kingofthenight Hi Pedro and thanks. I’m sorry but I don’t see the output tab for the backing tracks anywhere? Do I need the Software update or? I’m running the 2.0.00 build 311 manufacture date 2019.05.01.
        • September 14, 2020
    • kingofthenight
      PedroRodrigues Hi kingofthenight thank you for your reply, please make sure that the backing track must be 16 bit resolution at 48 kHz. Please follow the link below to check a video that will help you o this matter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRagA1EToU4
      • September 14, 2020
  • ryota1854
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-16
    Vocal Live3の修理を出したいのですが、リンク切れで連絡が取れません。どうすれば良いでしょうか?
    0 24
  • Lovebirdy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-15
    Hi I just bought the tc helicon voice live play and am considering returning it unless it's possible to create a rhythmic stutter similar to this effect on my other effect pedal here at 5:33: https://youtu.be/v2rwv7R1Sro
    0 26
    • Lovebirdy
      kiskadar69 I don't think there's a real stutter effect in it. Press the EFFECTS button and try FAST ROTOR in the uMod block.
      • July 16, 2020
    • Lovebirdy
      Lovebirdy Thanks mate!
      • July 18, 2020
  • karbadji
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-14
    After using the harmony singer for a year, the foot switch button does not work. There is no "click". Has anyone dealt with this and have a way to fix?
    0 39
    • karbadji
      WilliamR Hello, does your effect still engage when you hit the button?
      • July 14, 2020
    • karbadji
      karbadji Hi William, no the effect does not engage. The button now does not do anything.
      • July 15, 2020
  • rewhiteman172
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-14
    I am a hobbyist/professional keyboard player, and background singer, and am seeking a software system that I can use to have a set-list of songs, that when the song/scene within the setlist is selected, the software system would send midi program change information to change the programs of the midi devices. However, I also want to the note change midi information to be sent to the Voice Live 2, to allow harmony voices from the vocal effects. The Voice Live 2 can be selected for the midi signal to be accepted by the midi port or the USB, but not both. My current rig is two keyboards Kurzweil PC3 and Korg Kronos with the Voice Live 2, and I have the midi out of both keyboards going into a midi-merger and then into the midi in of the Voice Live 2. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    read more...
    0 35
    • rewhiteman172
      TC-Mike Any Midi Sequencer/DAW (digital audio workstation)can do this and you can program Midi data like Note information for the harmonies, Prg change or Midi CC messages for parameter control into the timeline of your songs + you can sequence or record your Instruments too. Dpending on your computer platform you should look a the different main products in that market and then see which version suits your workflow best. For basic Midi programming the feature reduced Lite verions will be more than enough for your purpose. Check eg Steinberg's Cubase, ableton Live, Logic Pro if you are on a Mac. f you already own an i
      • July 14, 2020
    • rewhiteman172
      Francois43912 Take a look at... https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/mioXM--iconnectivity-mioxm-usb-midi-interface. I use this with my DAW and use a midi track to trigger chord harmonies to my VL Rack. This might be what you are looking for.
      • July 26, 2020
  • Michael15916
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-14
    Just started playing with the looper after many years i have had the VL3. The problem i have is that the output of the looper goes to my guitar amp and if I loop a rythm, when i play a lead over it, it kind of mutes the rythm behind. Is there any way i can route the output of the looper to the mixer?
    read more...
    0 13
Go to page