Statistics

250,828 members
128,039 posts
  • New
    thebluebutcher
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-20

Perform VG does not hum when my lips touch metal mic.

Otherwise, always hum.

Ideas? Thanks!

0 5
    • thebluebutcher
      RexBeckett Hi there, I suspect that your sound system does not have a ground connection. Check your power cables.
      • Sep 20
    • thebluebutcher
      PedroRodrigues Hi thebluebutcher , I would first suggest to perform a reset to your unit .To reset the unit back to factory settings, press and hold the Vocal Echo and Harmony buttons while powering up.
      It may a result of a faulty XLR cable or like RexBeckett mentioned below not having a ground connecting but can also be generated by the Roomsemse Mic, as this tools is most unpredictable of the key/scale trackers, since the room dynamics and chord information is most easily obscured and generate the issues you are reporting.
      • Sep 21
    • thebluebutcher
      thebluebutcher

SOLUTION... For all who are here.... Just putting the amp and all electronics into one outlet solved the problem... I guess the two outlets I was using are on different circuts....? Anyway, thanks to Pedro and all.

• Sep 21
  • New
    MauiJim716
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-09

I am having problems with my Perform-VG. The Switch-6 has stopped functioning properly. I can no longer set the switches to control specific functions. Every time I set one switch, all of them control the same function. I have tried to factory reset. There is no firmware update to download. There are no replacement switch-6 or 3’s available for purchase.  Anyone else?

read more...
    0 12
    • MauiJim716
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi MauiJim716, have you tried an alternative TRS Cable? We have seen in the past similar issues arise if the incorrect cable is used or if it has become faulty/damaged.
      • Sep 9
    • MauiJim716
      PedroRodrigues Hi MauiJim716 please consider that the default behavior for Switch3 is:
      Switch1 = Harmony - High
      Switch2 = Harmony - Low
      Switch3 = Harmony - High & Low
      The user can reassign any of the Perform-VG buttons to be activated by a footswitch, with the exception of SET, +48V, Headphone Level, and Lock/Mute (TALK is assignable). Guitar Boost is also available by mapping the MIX button to a footswitch.
      This acts as a +6dB level increase for solos and the like. The MIX button is lit white when boost is ON and unlit when boost is OFF. Guitar Phase Invert may be assigned to a footswitch by mapping the AntiFeedback button.
      For the user to map a function, press and hold the desired footswitch, then press the button on Perform-VG that you’d like the switch to control. Release both buttons.
      The Switch6 acts in the same manner as Switch3 but adds buttons 4, 5, and 6. The default controls for the buttons are:
      Switch1 = Harmony – High
      Switch2 = Harmony – Low
      Switch3 = Harmony – High & Low
      Switch4 = Guitar Chorus
      Switch5 = Guitar Echo
      Switch6 = Guitar Boos Please confirm that you have your Switch 6 set up as described above.

When it comes to assign a style to your Switch 6 please confirm that you have:
      • Enter harmony edit mode by pressing and holding the Harmony button for 2 seconds
      • Select your desired harmony style
      • if you see the level control after holding the harmony button, remember to tap the Harmony button to toggle between level and style control
      • Let the menu “time out” and exit back to normal operation
      • Press and hold the desired foot switch
      • Press the Harmony button to confirm the current style
      • Your harmony style is now assigned to the switch Here’s how the on/off works. Let’s imagine you have two harmony styles assigned to switches 1 and 2 on the footswitch. Switch 1 has “High” harmony and switch 2 has “High & Higher”.
      • If harmony is OFF and you press either switch 1 or switch 2, harmony will turn on with the assigned style • For this example, we’ll say you turned on “High” via switch 1
      • If you press switch 1 again, harmony will turn OFF
      • If you press switch 2, harmony will remain ON and change to the “High & Higher” style
      • If you then press switch 2 again, harmony will turn OFF
      • If you press switch 1 instead, harmony will remain on and change back to the “High” style This new functionality allows you to “stack” harmony by changing the style.
      You could, for example, sing and hold a note, turn on “High” harmony, then turn on “High & Higher” to emulate multi-part additive harmony.
      A vocal/guitar mix of switch assignments could be something like:
      1. High Harmony
      2. Low Harmony
      3. High & Low Harmony
      4. Vocal Echo
      5. Guitar Echo
      6. Guitar Choru
      • Sep 12
    • MauiJim716
      kiskadar69 The TRS-TRS cable should be tested with an ohmmeter. If it is faultless, plug one end of the cable into the Switch-6 and measure the other end of the cable with an ohmmeter:
      0. If none of the switches on the Switch-6 are depressed, you will normally measure an open between the Tip and Ring.
      1. If only the first switch on the Switch-6 is depressed, you will normally measure 10 kohm between the Tip and Ring.
      2. If only the second switch on the Switch-6 is pressed, you will normally measure 20 kohm between the Tip and Ring.
      3. If only the third switch on the Switch-6 is depressed, you will normally measure 30 kohm between the Tip and Ring.
      4. If only the fourth switch on the Switch-6 is depressed, you will normally measure 40 kohm between the Tip and Ring.
      5. If only the fifth switch on the Switch-6 is pressed, you will normally measure 50 kohm between the Tip and Ring.
      6. If only the sixth switch of the Switch-6 is pressed, you will normally measure 60 kohm between the Tip and Ring.
      7. Normally you always measure 70 kohm between Ring and Sleeve.
      • Sep 16
    • MauiJim716
      MauiJim716

The new cable worked! Thanks.

• Sep 16
  • New
    datahound2u
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-13

Does anyone know when TC Helicon will begin fulfilling orders to the US?  Guitar Center told me that they haven't had any VoiceLive Touch 2 units since last year.  What's the hold up?  Does this shortage go beyond the US?

0 36
  • New
    kdfigueroa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-12

I found the switch-6 setting on the Voice 2 but I also bought a switch-3.  How do I get to replace the switch-6 on the Voice 2?

0 50