Statistics

208,336 members
80,519 posts
  • New
    Bregelad
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-22

I have a UM2 which I would like to set it up on a Raspberry Pi 400 - the operating system of which is Raspbian - based on the Debian Linux distro. I'm also using Reaper. The problem is that I need to get Linux to acknowledge that the UM2 (or any other AI that I choose to use for recording purposes) exists.

I can't find anything like ASOI4All that works with Linux.

Help!

read more...
    0 0
    • Bregelad
      Paul_Vannatto Linux is like the Mac in that it does not need drivers, since all Behringer products are Core compliant. In Reaper, select ALSA or Pulse Audio and it should show up. I'm using linux Mint on my laptop with great success. When I get a moment, I will fire up my Raspberry Pi and get more detailed instructions.

If you are looking for plugins for Reaper, I have created a VST to LIN converter, since linux Reaper doesn't recognise VST .dll files (they need to be .so files). Let me know and I can compile a Raspberry Pi version of it.
      • 2 hours ago
  • New
    LoganAtSea
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-21

Where can I connect a powered sub to the UMC1820? I'm using up the two mains for speakers, but need more low end? 

0 8
    • LoganAtSea
      NicJonesMT Hi Logan.
      There isnt a dedicated sub out on the UMC, so if using a DAW you could route your signal to one of the Line outputs.
      Alternatively you could look at introducing a Crossover into your setup. Some studio Monitors actually have a Sub output built into them aswell to allow you to quickly and easily connect.

I hope this helps!
      • Wed at 11:51 PM
  • New
    Kevvy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

Hello, I have a Beringer umc1820, using Audacity, i cant record multitrack, it will on see 2 inputs. the link for asio4all, does not let me download this driver.   This should be a straight forward thing to do.

thou, using Ableton, with its asio, I can do so here.

so can anyone using this pre amp, multitrack record, this is the reason i bought this.

thank you all.Kevin

read more...
    0 7
    • Kevvy
      RexBeckett Hello Kevin, your problem is because Audacity does not support the ASIO interface. This is due to issues with licencing. ASIO4ALL will not help with this. ASIO is required to overcome some issues with Windows handling of multi-channel audio. The UMC1820 driver provides the ASIO interface for compatible DAW software.

There are many good DAW packages that do support ASIO so, if you use one of them, you will be able to access all the channels on your UMC1820.
      • Wed at 8:55 AM
    • Kevvy
      Kevvy Thank you, I don't then get why Behringer had Audacity as a download, for my product. I'll use Ableton. :-)
      • Wed at 9:25 AM
  • New
    AMLBE
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hi,

Just received the UMC 1820 unit and installed the latest Windows 10 driver.
    On my screen a childish interface panel appears in which the VU meters don't work to start with in the mixer.

Have a coax cable in and out connected to the Spdif in and out of the UMC 1820 to the RME ADI-2 and I can't get a synced clock or any Spdif connection. I know what I'm doing the UMC 1820 is only replacing a M-audio interface, but I already regret my choice!

Please some help!

Regards & Thanks,
    David

read more...
    0 6
    • AMLBE
      Dlee27k Hi there! I bought a Behringer UCM404HD 4x4 USB INTERFACE through PRO-AUDIO STAR, from the very moment I downloaded its drivers to get to work, this interface has not worked properly. It shuts down all the time, and buffers all the time and brings all sorts of problems to my computer. I have changed computers to no avail. I have a few Behringer products, but this one is very problematic. It has destroyed my computer three times. I contacted PRO-AUDIO star, talked to them about this problem, they asked me to send them an email, I did, and it has been two years and a half, this interface has not served me, but brought me a lot of problems, including the blue-screens it brings to my windows 10 systems that cause me to lose dater all the time. Please, I need a solution to this thing. I just called Pro-audio Star again, after a while, and they finally told me to contact Behringer, here I am. needing help. Please, I need help. Thank you.
      • Tue at 9:27 AM
      • UMC 1820 Spdif not syncing and does nothing
        DavidKnighton Hello Dlee27K,
        Looks like you are replying to someone else's post. Sounds like your unit will need to be serviced. Please click on the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and scroll down to SERVICE REQUEST to begin your ticket.
        • Tue at 10:18 AM
    • AMLBE
      AMLBE Tried the UMC 1820 with Cubase, Wavelab, and Reaper (latest versions and updates) still the Spdif in and out doesn't work, whatever button combination I try. On Windows 10 latest updates, latest UMC 1820 driver. There must be a error in the driver that doesn't act stable anyway and looks like it's made 20 years ago. When I hook up my old M-audio interface in the exact same setup it works instantly! I'm going to return this interface. It's the last Behringer product I ever bought!!!! I was warned !
      • Wed at 12:01 AM
  • New
    gskrupp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hi there! I recently bought an UMC22, installed the ASIO4ALL driver, and it's working perfectly fine on Reaper, both microphone and headphones. But i just can't make it work on any other software, even though it's selected as the standard input and output audio device on windows. Sometimes either the microphone or the headphone starts working, but only if just one of them is selected as standard device, not both. 

I have a 64bit win10.

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    maton94
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-18

Hello, I'm looking for studio monitors for the UMC 404 HD interface, budget up to 90 euro;)

0 4
  • New
    ChrisBrim
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-18

I have recently bought one of these, and have set it up with my Win10, trying to connect into PreSonus StudioOne Artist.  Does the Interface send, via the USB link, data for four separate tracks, or for a mix of all four inputs?  I just can't find this info on the instruction manual. I ask because I can't seem to get StudioOne to set up separate input tracks.

read more...
    0 16
    • ChrisBrim
      RexBeckett Hi Chris, the UMC404HD sends four separate tracks through the USB. Windows does not handle multichannel audio devices well so, to be able to access all four inputs and outputs, you need to use the ASIO interface. This is provided by the UMC404HD driver and supported by most DAW software.

These notes may help: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/295372/testing-umc-404hd-with-windows-10-64bit
      • Mon at 3:36 AM
    • ChrisBrim
      ChrisBrim Thanks RexBeckett, I read the link and tried to follow some of the suggestions, but no luck. How do I change to the ASIO interface? If I go to the Behringer download page, there's lots of options for this device. Which do I need to pick?
      • Mon at 3:49 AM
      • UMC404HD
        RexBeckett Click on Software on the right side of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BK1

Scroll down the list to UMC Driver 4.59.0 (for Windows 7 to 10).

Once the UMC404HD is installed with this driver, you should be able to select it through the ASIO interface on Studio One's preferences.
        • Mon at 7:06 AM
    • ChrisBrim
      ChrisBrim Thanks, Rex, well, I've done all that, yes it says I've got the ASIO drivers, and everything else is working, but still the same problem - it knows there are 4 inputs, but you can't assign the tracks separately to each one - if you try to do so, all tracks revert to the same settings as the last track you assigned. Something is still wrong.
      • Mon at 9:48 PM
      • UMC404HD
        RexBeckett I don't know Studio One Artist. With Reaper all inputs can be assigned to separate tracks.
        • Tue at 1:23 AM
      • UMC404HD
        ChrisBrim And certainly Studio One Artist is supposed to do the same, and it's a feature which a friend who has the same DAW but a different Audio Interface can set up with no trouble.
        • Tue at 11:48 AM
  • New
    DanP4Bass
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-18

Hi everyone. I've got the U-Phoria UMC22. Trying to use it with Bandlab through Windows 10. Installed ASIO4All driver. Set microphone for USB Audio CODEC via settings on laptop. Input signal from bass getting to the unit ok. Can hear bass in headphones by turning input level to the max and selecting direct monitor. Switched 48v on unit. Output signal working ok. Problem. Mic not picking up instrument input signal. Any ideas please?

read more...
    0 127
    • DanP4Bass
      PedroRodrigues Hi DanP4Bass, please consider that when connecting the UMC22 directly to a computer without using a DAW the signal supported by the computer is a stereo signal not allowing two independent signals inputting on the computer. If you wish to use both Microphone and the Bass signal independent on your UMC22 you will require to have installed on your computer a DAW to allow multitracking recording. Thank you
      • Mon at 12:54 AM
      • U-Phoria UMC22 mic problems
        DanP4Bass Thank you. Problem now solved thanks to your advice
        • ·
        • Mon at 2:28 PM
    • DanP4Bass
      RexBeckett Hi Dan, your problem could be caused by Windows treating the UMC22 as a mono input device. See these notes for possible solutions: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/297127/windows-10-and-stereo-usb-mixers-interfaces
      • Mon at 2:12 AM
      • U-Phoria UMC22 mic problems
        DanP4Bass Thank yiu. Problem now solved thanks to your advice
        • ·
        • Mon at 2:28 PM
  • New
    amuvi66
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

Donde puedo descargar los drivers de windos 7 de UMC404HD

0 7
  • New
    OsvaldoFelices
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-14

Hi, does anyone know if the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 is compatible with Big Sur and Thunderbolt 3?

0 11
    • OsvaldoFelices
      DavidKnighton Hello Osvaldo,
      Some of our technicians have tested various products with Big Sur, and have not found any problems. You should be ok with the UMC1820.
      • Jan 15
Go to page