Statistics

174,641 members
42,266 posts
  • 2020-08-14

Hi Community,

Can someone tell me if the audio interfaces Berhinger UMC404HD et UMC1820 are compatible with IPAD / IOS ?

Many thanks for your help

Bananajack

0 2
    • BANANAJACK
      John Matthews Hi Bananajack, sorry I haven't got the equipment available to check this myself. I had a look on YouTube though searching "umc404HD iPad" and "UMC1820 iPad" and it looks like plenty of people have had success with this.
      • 3 hours ago
  • 2020-08-11

Hi 

I recently purchased a UMC202HD Pod cast kit purely to use over skype while playing guitar with my guitar instructor .

I have it set up , running through Garageband and I am able to hear myself speak and play . However I wish to broadcast what I hear through Skype so my Guitar Teacher can also hear me and speak to me .

In garge band I have it set up as Input 1 & 2 .

How could I route the audio into Skype so he can hear me play and speak to me 

My Microphe is in Input 1 and Guitar is in Input 2

Any help would be appreciatted

Steve

read more
    0 1
    • Bootlegbob
      William Reichling Hello, This would be a limitation with the skype software. With skype, by default, it will only select one mono channel, channel one. You would need some special software we do not make to get around this limitation. Here Is a tutorial I found for you that should help you out with this issue.
      • Tue at 4:52 PM
    • Bootlegbob
      William Reichling https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=149&v=jvLuO5UQLpc&feature=emb_logo
      • Tue at 4:53 PM
  • 2020-08-06

Suddenly, audio of Input 1 on my UMC404HD cannot go higher than almost 70% on Logic Pro and Garageband. The other inputs work just fine.

View Video
    read more
    0 2
    • Nikos Stamatis
      Nikos Stamatis The same with an e-guitar on input 1, as it shows on the screenshot. Track 1 is on input 2, track 2 on input 1, same settings (gain etc.)
      • Aug 6
    • Nikos Stamatis
      David Knighton Hello Nikos. What are the settings on input 1 of the UMC? There is a Mic/Line switch and a PAD switch. Both switches can have a drastic affect on the level. Presuming you're using a Mic, make sure the preamp is set to Mic. The PAD switch is intended to reduce the level of high SPL sources. Having this engaged will drastically reduce the overall signal level.
      • Aug 7
      • BEHRINGER UMC404HD Audio of Input 1 level cannot go higher than 70% on Logic and Garageband
        Nikos Stamatis Thanks for the response David! I am using a MacBook Pro and yes, it is set to Mic with no PAD and Phantom power is of course on. I will check again but I checked my microphone on the other 3 inputs and it is ok. Also, when I speak lout, it flips on the UMC, it goes to red but on my track, as it shows on the video, no. I also recorded my electric guitar on the same input 1 at it does the same, as it shows on my screenshot. The recording level is not so strong as it is on the other inputs. I am not so experienced but I don't think I made a specific setting on Logic without noticing that. The same behaviour of input one has also GarageBand.
        • Aug 7
      • BEHRINGER UMC404HD Audio of Input 1 level cannot go higher than 70% on Logic and Garageband
        Nikos Stamatis But I will check again. Maybe the PAD is stacked , I don't know. Could it be reason ?
        • Aug 7
        Nikos Stamatis Update. After receiving an email from the support I started checking all the recommended steps, starting from the USB Hub . I am including my answer for you, so that you know for similar reasons:
        "I have a 13” MacBook Pro with 4 thunderbolt ports, so I have to use an adaptor, an ICY BOX for HDMI and USB 2.0 and 3.0
        It has 2 USB inputs but until now I only use one in which I connect a USB hub. I connect my Behringer to that HUB.
        Now I connected the UMC directly to the port of the ICY BOX. And I also pressed a couple of times the PAD on the input 1 (baby they stack in away?)
        Now the recording levels are ok.
        It was the hub. To check it and to be sure that it was not the PAD, I connected my Behringer again to the HUB and I had the same problem."
        • Aug 7
        Nikos Stamatis It is though a little bit strange that the other 3 inputs work properly, also when my UMC is connected to the HUB.
        • Aug 7
  • 2020-07-30

Accidentally used 12v power supply ( from UMC1820) instead of 5V with my UMC404HD. Is my 404HD dead?

0 5
    • clutchnet
      Rex Beckett That is unfortunate. If the UMC404HD does not work correctly with the 5V power supply, you should open a Care ticket. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Service Request. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Jul 30
  • 2020-07-29

Does the Behringer UMC1820 employ a dedicated, purpose-written ASIO driver ... or does it rely on some generic third-party driver such as those by ASIO4All or Ploytec?

0 8
  • 2020-07-28

Is there a way to cool down UMC 1820 audio interface as you would to a laptop?

thanks

0 5
    • n3kr0
      Alexander Lane I am interested to know a bit more context as to why you are asking this? I have never heard of issues with UMC series overheating!
      • Jul 29
      • Cool down UMC 1820 audio interface
        n3kr0 hi there, i am recording a song on the drums, and i take more time with the audio interface switched on while i'm mixing on the DAW, to have access to the studio monitors. My room is not well-ventilated and i often put my hand on the audio interface to see how hot it is, i guess as it should be, cause it's working for at least 30 minutes. I never had any issues, i just don't like it when it gets that hot.
        • Jul 29
  • 2020-07-28

I'm thinking about the purchase of a Behringer UMC202HD Audio Interface.

To your knowledge, is this product suitable for use with Jamkazam?

I have reviewed comments about this unit on the Jamkazam Forum, and I note that some people have had problems with latency.

Can you tell me if the drivers have been updated to accomodate the requirements for interaction with Jamkazam?

Thank you for any guidance you might have.

Steve Kobb

read more
    0 10
    • debitspread
      Rex Beckett When used with the latest driver, the UMC HD interfaces have good (low) latency. I would recommend the UMC204HD over the UMC202HD as the built-in monitor mixer is a big advantage for live streaming.
      • Jul 28
      • The UMC202HD Interface: OK for Jamkazam?
        debitspread Thanks, Rex. I appreciate your guidance.
        • Jul 28
    • debitspread
      debitspread Rex: I have looked around the internet, and every retailer says that the UMC204HD is on backorder. Can you tell me when this product will be shipped out for distribution to your market in the USA?
      • Jul 29
      • The UMC202HD Interface: OK for Jamkazam?
        Rex Beckett Sorry, Steve, I'm not a Music Tribe employee. Check if the UMC404HD is easier to find. It may cost a few dollars more but the additional two inputs may come in handy at some point.
        • Jul 29
    • debitspread
      debitspread Thanks, Rex. I just bought a UMC204HD from Guitar Center. It's on back order, but they say it will ship on August 13th. Can't wait!
      • Jul 29
  • 2020-07-28

Hiya guys any chance of a android app for the deepmind 12 please. I don't own any apple productsas they are too expensive for me 

0 5
    • Greig Dunsmuir
      William Reichling Hello Greig, At the moment, there aren't any plans for an official android app for DEEPMIND 12. It may be something we would consider though.
      • Jul 28
    • Greig Dunsmuir
      Greig Dunsmuir Thanks very much for the reply, it would be cool if you did. I don't know how difficult it is to get an apple app and swap it to android?
      • Jul 29
  • 2020-07-28

Hi!

I have been using the U-Phoria for almost 2 years now and I have never encountered this problem before. I used it on thursday last week and the playback was working fine. Then I went away for the weekend and when I came home and started my computer I had no sound from the output anymore. I have tried everything I can think of. Is there anyone out there who can help me? I am in desperate need of a working playback!

read more
    0 1
  • 2020-07-28

I've just purchased a Behringer  U-Phoria interface. I am trying to register the product. It just wont let me. Weird. Any suggestions?

0 19
    • jonthebass
      Rex Beckett Missing or invalid fields in your profile can cause errors when submitting Care tickets. A blank Title field has been found to cause errors. Check all fields in your profile and the Care form are correct.
      • Jul 28