Statistics

174,340 members
41,901 posts
  • 2020-08-11

Hi 

I recently purchased a UMC202HD Pod cast kit purely to use over skype while playing guitar with my guitar instructor .

I have it set up , running through Garageband and I am able to hear myself speak and play . However I wish to broadcast what I hear through Skype so my Guitar Teacher can also hear me and speak to me .

In garge band I have it set up as Input 1 & 2 .

How could I route the audio into Skype so he can hear me play and speak to me 

My Microphe is in Input 1 and Guitar is in Input 2

Any help would be appreciatted

Steve

read more
    0 1
    • Bootlegbob
      William Reichling Hello, This would be a limitation with the skype software. With skype, by default, it will only select one mono channel, channel one. You would need some special software we do not make to get around this limitation. Here Is a tutorial I found for you that should help you out with this issue.
      • Tue at 4:52 PM
    • Bootlegbob
      William Reichling https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=149&v=jvLuO5UQLpc&feature=emb_logo
      • Tue at 4:53 PM
  • 2020-07-30

Accidentally used 12v power supply ( from UMC1820) instead of 5V with my UMC404HD. Is my 404HD dead?

0 5
    • clutchnet
      Rex Beckett That is unfortunate. If the UMC404HD does not work correctly with the 5V power supply, you should open a Care ticket. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Service Request. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Jul 30
  • 2020-07-28

Is there a way to cool down UMC 1820 audio interface as you would to a laptop?

thanks

0 4
    • n3kr0
      Alexander Lane I am interested to know a bit more context as to why you are asking this? I have never heard of issues with UMC series overheating!
      • Jul 29
      • Cool down UMC 1820 audio interface
        n3kr0 hi there, i am recording a song on the drums, and i take more time with the audio interface switched on while i'm mixing on the DAW, to have access to the studio monitors. My room is not well-ventilated and i often put my hand on the audio interface to see how hot it is, i guess as it should be, cause it's working for at least 30 minutes. I never had any issues, i just don't like it when it gets that hot.
        • Jul 29
  • 2020-07-28

I'm thinking about the purchase of a Behringer UMC202HD Audio Interface.

To your knowledge, is this product suitable for use with Jamkazam?

I have reviewed comments about this unit on the Jamkazam Forum, and I note that some people have had problems with latency.

Can you tell me if the drivers have been updated to accomodate the requirements for interaction with Jamkazam?

Thank you for any guidance you might have.

Steve Kobb

read more
    0 7
    • debitspread
      Rex Beckett When used with the latest driver, the UMC HD interfaces have good (low) latency. I would recommend the UMC204HD over the UMC202HD as the built-in monitor mixer is a big advantage for live streaming.
      • Jul 28
      • The UMC202HD Interface: OK for Jamkazam?
        debitspread Thanks, Rex. I appreciate your guidance.
        • Jul 28
    • debitspread
      debitspread Rex: I have looked around the internet, and every retailer says that the UMC204HD is on backorder. Can you tell me when this product will be shipped out for distribution to your market in the USA?
      • Jul 29
      • The UMC202HD Interface: OK for Jamkazam?
        Rex Beckett Sorry, Steve, I'm not a Music Tribe employee. Check if the UMC404HD is easier to find. It may cost a few dollars more but the additional two inputs may come in handy at some point.
        • Jul 29
    • debitspread
      debitspread Thanks, Rex. I just bought a UMC204HD from Guitar Center. It's on back order, but they say it will ship on August 13th. Can't wait!
      • Jul 29
  • 2020-07-28

Hi!

I have been using the U-Phoria for almost 2 years now and I have never encountered this problem before. I used it on thursday last week and the playback was working fine. Then I went away for the weekend and when I came home and started my computer I had no sound from the output anymore. I have tried everything I can think of. Is there anyone out there who can help me? I am in desperate need of a working playback!

read more
    0 1
  • 2020-07-28

I've just purchased a Behringer  U-Phoria interface. I am trying to register the product. It just wont let me. Weird. Any suggestions?

0 16
    • jonthebass
      Rex Beckett Missing or invalid fields in your profile can cause errors when submitting Care tickets. A blank Title field has been found to cause errors. Check all fields in your profile and the Care form are correct.
      • Jul 28
  • 2020-07-26

I installed the newest drivers for my um2 audio interface, but after that i could not use my microphone, i've seen other people have the same problem as me  but i have not found any solution, i've already tried changin from 4400khz to 4800khz, and also un-installing the old drivers, even  all drivers and installing them again, but nothing, i cannot use my mic, please help me.

read more
    0 4
    • SAMYSUPER14
      Rex Beckett The UM2 does not require a special driver for Windows 10. If you installed an old driver intended for Windows XP, it may prevent Windows installing the UM2 using the default USB Audio Codec drivers. Removing the erroneous drivers is not always easy. This site gives comprehensive instructions for complete removal of drivers from Windows 10.

Another approach would be to restore Windows to a point before you first installed the bad driver.
      • Jul 26
  • 2020-07-25

Hi all,

Can i ask you something? 

I installed BEHRINGER WDM AUDIO 2.8.40, and theres so many problems in that drivers. Can i restore my USB Audio CODEC? Please help me, theres too many problems, like my microphone isn't working. I need your insight. Thankyou!

read more
    0 2
    • andreanrobert
      SAMYSUPER14 i´m having the same problem with you, have you found any solution?
      • Jul 25
      • BEHRINGER WDM AUDIO PROBLEM
        andreanrobert Not yet. I really stressed about the drivers. That is a scam driver.
        • Jul 27
    • andreanrobert
      Rex Beckett There have been many reports of problems caused by this old driver. Simple uninstallation of the driver may not fix the problem. This site gives comprehensive instructions for complete removal of drivers from Windows 10.
      • Jul 26
      • BEHRINGER WDM AUDIO PROBLEM
        andreanrobert i don't think it's working. Any other ideas? The problem is maybe the USB WDM AUDIO Driver got stuck in the audio interface. I need to remove the driver and install the USB Audio CODEC, but i didn't find the solution until now. Thank you!
        • Jul 27
  • 2020-07-24

Is anyone having trouble with the FCA1616 USB interface under Mac OS X 10.14.6?  I have to repeatedly cycle the power, it seems to lose communication with the Mac fairly often.

I've checked to see if there's a driver update, but I don't see any Mac drivers.  I'm guessing that means they aren't needed.

If anyone knows of a fix, or at least a way to reset without cycling power (since it means unplugging the power cable), please let me know.

read more
    0 4
  • 2020-07-21

The U-phoria UMC 1820 does not work with output. The speakers and headphones have very little sound with the volume all the way up. Please help fix this

0 6
    • AkgBigSmash
      Rex Beckett Is this happening when monitoring the inputs, playing back or both? What type of PC/OS are you using? Which audio software do you use?
      • Jul 22