Statistics

223,463 members
97,657 posts
  • New
    mathewjg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-11

I have a new Dell desktop PC. Its running Windows 10 pro. I7-10700. Optiplex 7080 mini tower with Samsung 1tb SSD980.

Intermittent fault where the sound is comparable to portable radio with tiny speaker. There does not seem to be any pattern to when it happens and I can stop it by going to the Behringer ASIO control panel and changing the bit rate to and from 16bit to 24 bit.

The sound reminds me of when two channels are directly in phase with each other.

I have changed USB cables and USB sockets and neither work.

If I plug a bass guitar into an input then it sounds OK so it seems like some kind of internal driver fault

I have tried re-installing the drivers and am using the latest version.

Other programs include

Cubase 11 pro

Native instruments Komplete Kontrol

Maschine

Ableton live 11

Izotope producer pack

read more...
    0 3
    • mathewjg
      mathewjg Worth noting, I never had this problem on my previous pc - HP I5-6400 running Windows Home.
      • 8 hours ago
  • New
    Jroc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-11

Is there any hope of driver software coming out for Mac? Looks like the last update was quite a few years ago! Hoping I'm missing something and that the new X-USB expansion card I just bought will actually work with my year old Macbook...

0 5
    • Jroc
      RexBeckett Hi Jroc, the X-USB card is Core Audio-Compliant so should work with your Macbook without additional drivers.
      • 16 hours ago
  • New
    wolfereeno
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-10

The XR18 X-Air-edit (v 1.6) keeps losing connection to my Mac

I'm connected via USB and Ethernet (I'm assuming you need both as it only has ever worked this way).   And I don't need the wifi connection.

It was stable for a while but after upgrading to Big Sur it's been a constant disconnection when no sound is playing.  

Any definitive answer from Behringer on this?  

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    Rickenbacker57
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-09

Hi,

I've had this interface a few weeks. I use it with a 2015 Macbook Air on Big Sur operating system and I'm a bass player. My collaborator sends me a backing track on MP3 which I load as a New Project in GB, I then add bass on a new track and send him just the bass track back. He mixes it. I've done 3 tracks like this.

This week when I came to do this again, I could hear the signal though the Audio interface (AI) when playing along t0 the dwnloaded track, but when I went to record it just flatlined, no signal. The track turned red as it should when recording. My input and output are both to the AI. On the Output select however, on the pop up screen for that (I might be wrong with the tech description) it says "no output controls on this device". I tried restarting the Mac, unplugging and plugging back in the AI, and changed USB port fr it on the Mac. No different. I've spent about four hours on the phone with various friends trying to find a solution, but we've run out of ideas. Any suggestions - it DID work, but now doesn't? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, I'm not very techy. 

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Trevor1947
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

I have installed my new UMC22 successfully and the ASIO4All drivers (which show as USB Audio CODEC) in settings. When plugged into my laptop and with my guitar plugged into the Inst socket the AI works, I can hear my inst through my headphones, but I am unable to record, I am using BandLab or CakeWalk.

Can anyone help me with the setup process for Windows10 please?

Cheers

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    hipdell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-05

Hello I've had my U-Phoria UMC 404 HD for about 5yrs and I love it.

Recently I updated the drivers and the unit stopped working.

The the CLIP and SIG lights for inputs 1 and 2 are staying illuminated even through there is nothing connect in the inputs.

My computer no longer recognizes the interface anymore.

Please help with any solutions.

Thanks

read more...
    0 16
    • hipdell
      Nigel67 Hi hipdell, do the LEDs on channels 1 and 2 only light when you are plugged in to the computer? If so, then try deleting the ASIO driver including the original one if it is still showing and re-install the new driver again and set up again in Windows. Please see the KB article below which may help you with settings. It was for a UMC202D but the UMC404HD will be the same. It also mentions setting up audacity, but please ignore that part. You may also need to re-install your DAW software if re-installing the Windows driver doesn't fix the issue. What version of Windows are you running?
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=3ce93eed-821e-eb11-a813-000d3a085914&brand=Behringer
      • Mon at 10:48 PM
    • hipdell
      hipdell Even when it's not connect to the computer at all.
      • Tue at 1:07 AM
    • hipdell
      hipdell The lights are on Nigel67 even when the unit isn't connect to my computer. Once I plug in the wall adapter to the UMC 404HD the input 1 and 2 light up. When I connect a keyboard or drum machine into anyone of the inputs 1 or 2, I hear a fluttering sound, listen through the headphone jack.
      • Tue at 1:11 AM
    • hipdell
      hipdell When I connect to computer, my windows 7 doesn't even acknowledge the UMC 404HD at all
      • Tue at 1:12 AM
  • New
    AaronMan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-05

Hi all,

just purchased a uphoria UMC22 and I am really struggling to get the latency down. 

If I go below 128 buffer size, the sound keeps dropping out.

Have I downloaded the wrong drivers?

0 13
    • AaronMan
      DavidKnighton Hello AaronMan,
      You have the correct driver. What you're encountering is most likely a limitation of the hardware/driver combination. What you probably need is an interface with a dedicated ASIO driver, such as the UMC404HD or the XR18.
      • Mon at 3:02 PM
  • New
    camouse
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-03

The booklet for the U-Phoria UMC22 says that drivers are needed for macs, but garageband doesn't seem to be picking up on the interface

0 12
    • camouse
      DavidKnighton Hello camouse,
      With the UMC22 connected to the Mac, can you open PREFERENCES>SOUND and see if the device shows up as an available input/output device?
      • Apr 3
  • New
    BAXTERWHITE21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Hi 

Im trying to connect my xair xr18 to my mac via ethernet but am having some issues getting it to actually connect. I am going straight from the interface to the computer not an external router. any ideas on how to solve this issue?

read more...
    0 6
    • BAXTERWHITE21
      Dale_M Hi there, can you advise if it works with its own WiFi or using an External Router? Is it just the connection to the computer that is not working? Have you also downloaded the X-AIR EDIT software on your MAC?
      • Apr 3
      • Ethernet to Mac connection
        BAXTERWHITE21 hey it does work with the wifi Ive been using my ipad with it but it constantly disconnects so i figured id give the wired connection a shot since i read you can go straight from the ethernet port to the computer. i do have the x air software on my mac.
        • Apr 3
      • Ethernet to Mac connection
        DavidKnighton Hello Baxter,
        You must first initialize the LAN/Ethernet port via ACCESS POINT and a computer before switching the system over to a wired connection. The user manual for X Air does outline exactly how to do this, but you need to ensure you do it from a computer and not a tablet. I'll leave some helpful links below, please watch both as they have very useful information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CpcZbRrGvk
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLqc_4Q4ERY
        • Apr 3
  • New
    Sopranosarah1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

I have a Shure sm7b which is notoriously low in sensitivity. I am using it with the u-phoria umc 202hd. Do I need a fethead or the likes with it as well or is the 202hd enough? I am using the mic for classical and opera vocal recording. 

0 13
Go to page