Statistics

305,214 members
189,487 posts
  • New
    Bryanliong
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-18

why the device show no power,led light is off ,after I put in the batteries?it show no working...

0 50
    • Bryanliong
      Cob93 Once you open an app on your phone like GarageBand etc, it should turn on
      • Jan 25
    • Bryanliong
      PedroRodrigues Hi Bryanliong, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest you to confirm if you are using a 10-PIN USB MINI to Lightning cable. Thank you
      • Feb 14
  • New
    Dareyesgt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-10

Hi, I've had the Go Guitar Pro and I love it, but in my last trip the cables were stolen, so I'm looking for a replacement cable but can't seem to find one, I've open a case for spare parts but haven't got an answer, has anyone found a cable like this or a work around? Mini USB to lightning is not a very common type of cable.

Thanks

read more...
    0 17
  • New
    VmusicV
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-03

Hi,

There is a growing number of guitar players using or trying out iOS (iPad/iPhone) as their "rig". Sure... it's a young market, but it's very much growing. Apps like Amplitube (oldest), TH-U, Bias Fx and others have gathered a lot of attention. In addition to these there are apps like AUM and Audiobus that you can create fx chains with as well. 

PROBLEM SPACE: Real functional audio interfaces. 

Currently TC Helicon has the 'GO' series (GO SOLO, GO GUITAR PRO, GO SOLO). To be honest these are pretty much copies of IK Multimedia's product - and these are only 'mildly' useful. 

What's functional?   Well..... if I am a guitar player trying to use my iPad as my pedalboard, then there's a strong chance I am going to use/need a MIDI controller so I can change presets, turn a virtual fx pedal on/off, change fx, etc. In addition, nearly ever pedalboard has an expression pedal for whatever purpose (volume, wah, etc.)

There is one company that I know of (XSonic) that makes an audio interface for iOS in a 'pedal' or pedal-like device. It's called the Xtone. It runs on 9V like all other pedals, and it provides BOTH audio and MIDI to the iOS via a USB cable. The concept is VERY COOL. I have one......... however....... this company isn't or does't have a great design team and/or quality control. The foot switch on their 'pedal' only send a MIDI signal on release of the switch rather than on press. There's no way to change that. There's a lot of other little things (like all foot switches, both front and back are the same height). 

I realize the GO SOLO product does have both an audio and MIDI input.... however think of how awkward it is connecting both a guitar and MIDI cable from a foot controller to it. And if you're out gigging like where..... are you supposed to put this GO SOLO device?  Set it on your lap?

YES.... there are LOTS of guitar players who aren't giving up their pedalboards, or their multi-fx processors (Kemper, Axe, Line 6 Helix, etc.) ...... but as amp modeling and tone capture improves; there is no question the number of guitar players using iOS will absolutely grow. A lot of guitar players use or store their songs on the iPad (software like OnSong, etc.) - so they're taking an iPad to the gig anyway.

Here's your chance TC Helicon. You have the electronics for the audio interface already - put it in a pedal 

• sends audio and MIDI to the iOS device via a single USB cable
    • has stereo outs (signal is returned from the iOS device)
    • runs on 9V like other pedals
    • has MIDI IN and OUT - so I can really use my own MIDI controller and expression pedals
    • 'may have' an expression pedal jack ::: or two
    • if it has any foot switches to send MIDI signals (IF) ....  makes sure the rear or back foot switches are taller

You can look at the Xtone products to get an idea. 

2022 - the year of the iOS pedalboard

Go TC, Go!!!

read more...
    0 37
  • New
    Caleymj
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

Hi Musictribers I have recently bought a TC Helicon Harmony V60 amplifier. Can anyone who has one of these tell me how to connect it to an ipad Pro using the computer output USB on the amplifyer to the USB C port on the ipad. I just want to record my output from the amplifier on to the ipad do I need to buy an audio interface in addition or is there a way to connect and record through garageband without an interface ?

read more...
    0 48
  • New
    CarsonsDaily
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-21

Just recently the LED displays at the top of my Go-XLR have quit displaying any icons and are just illuminated squares. I have double checked to make sure the software is set up with the right configuration and the dosplays are still just solid colors and no longer have any icons displayed. I have owned for less than a year.

read more...
    0 19
  • New
    JPGarmon
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-13

I just purchased a Go Twin because I thought it would work with and Android Phone based upon what I read on Sweetwater web site. It appears it doesn't. I'd like confirmation before I send it back and some instructions if it does work. Thanks for your time.

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    Etuldan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-04

Due to DMCA on streams with music, a nice feature on OBS is to be able to send music only only for the live track, and not for the VOD one.

To achieve this, the current usage on GoXLR routine table to disable "Music" for the "Broadcast Stream Mix", and add the "Music" input on OBS.

But, the music input in OBS will be 'listened' before any GoXLR processing, particularly the volume and mute button.

A nice feature would be to have a new output, let call it "Broadcast Stream Mix - Live Only" on GoXLR, so user could route music to this one. And listen to this new output on OBS.

read more...
    0 120
    • Etuldan
      NicJonesMT Hi Etuldan.
      I will pass this information over to the Dev team and see if this can be looked into.
      • December 6, 2021
  • New
    Mehl200g
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-04

Hallo,

ich wundere mich das es nach wie vor nicht die möglichkeit gibt, die aufgenommenen Samples direkt umzubenennen. Wenn ich etwas einspreche und das 4-5 mal, weil mir die vorherigen Aufnahmen nicht passen, muss ich jedes mal mühsam die richtige Datei aus dem Ordner suchen und dann umbenen.

Es wäre echt hilfreich und würde einges an Zeit sparen, das endgültige Audio, welches nun auf einer der Samplertaste liegt direkt mit einem "Rechtsklick->Umbenen" auf das Audio neu zu benennen, sodass ich den Rest den ich nicht mehr haben will einfach nur noch aus dem Ordener löschen kann ohne ausversehen die Datei, welche ich behalten möchte mit zu entfernen.

Ist dies bezüglich ein Softwareupdate in Aussicht?

read more...
    0 36
  • New
    bish1979
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-02

Hi, so i recently purchased a GoXLR mini and so far so good except one really strrange thing.

In OBS and the windows audio objects in general the sliders and mute do not affect the sound volume.  They work fine for line out and headphone though.  

For example the System slider is mapped to one input in OBS however when i mute system on the GoXLR it only mutes for the speakers (line out) and headphones not the System device on the audio control pannel in windows or the OBS channel that is mapped to that device.

Has anyone seen this?  I have compared settings with a friend with the same device and he does not get the same result (we have the same settings as far as we can tell from our discussions).

read more...
    0 346
  • New
    MarcLez
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-01

Long recording times need power to the iOS device. Is there an option to power the device and use the Go Twin? The (camera) adapter from Apple with lightning and USB connectors does not fire up the Go Twin. Directly from the USB to lightning is working fine but the iOS device has no external power source. What to do?

read more...
    0 36
Go to page