Statistics

306,229 members
190,597 posts
  • New
    BladeEdge
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-29

(Edit: Solution Found)
    I found a solution to the problems outlined under this addendum.

What I did was check both the Line and Speaker settings to the GO Twin, and saw the Line's sample rate was at 44.1 kHz where the Speakers' sample rate was at 48 kHz.

Essentially, I set both their sample rates to both 48 kHz simultaneously, and the clicking sounds were then fixed and the audio was playing like normal-- no clicking sounds and no pitch changes.
    I also tested the 44.1 kHz sample rate, again set both simultaneously, and the audio still played like normal.

So evidently, the cause of the problems was the Line and Speakers sample rate not matching each other when first plugged in.

Now I don't know if this is a permenant solution, but it is one that worked for me, so I'd encourage those who plan to acquire a GO Twin or already have a GO Twin to check the Line and Speaker sample rates and make sure they match simultaneously, in case anyone else happens upon this problem themselves.

-----

(Original post)
    I just recently received the TC Helicon GO Twin from Sweetwater and I was giving it a test run, and I came across a couple of issues that are not normal.

#1. Whenever I've done video and audio playback in my headphones, I always get what sounds like digitized clicking sounds whenever audio is playing and the audio sounds like its pitch is lower than its normal/original pitch.

The funny part is that when I go to configure speakers and then exit even without doing any configuring, the problems correct themselves, but everytime I re-plug the GO Twin back in, the problems return.

#2. Line signal also suffers from the same lower pitch problems that I don't know how to fix. The clicking sounds do happen at first, but while the "configure speaker" trick does correct the clicking issue (again, it returns when re-plugged back in), it does not correct the lower pitch issue. This has occured on both line inputs

I've tested the GO Twin on a pre-built laptop and a custom-built desktop, both running Windows 10, and the same problems still occurred on both PCs.

I've tried looking to see if any drivers existed, and I've yet to find any if they exist, unless there's a third-party driver that I'm not aware of that remedies the issues.
    I'm unsure of anything else that could otherwise help with these problems I've encountered.

Is there any solution that anyone here might know about that I can do to remedy these issues?

read more...
    0 0
  • New
    AriseMartin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-14

Good day, I updated my Ipad to the new ipadOS 16.1.1. Now the app keeps crashing. What now? I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, this didn't work. I need it to work before Sunday. Any suggestions. 

1 15
    • AriseMartin
      Dale_M The X-AIR app or M-AIR app the development team are aware of problems with the app. A new app to resolve the issue is currently under development but we don't have an ETA for release at the moment. For the time being you will need to use a different device for control.
      • Nov 15
      • X Air App
        DJHATCH What are we supposed to do with this unit? I've owned it since 2019, can you use it on a laptop/PC?
        • Nov 16
    • AriseMartin
      AriseMartin

• Nov 15
    • AriseMartin
      ThomD Dear Dale,
      We realy need it, to be fixed. Sometimes we cannot easily change to another device.
      • Nov 15
  • New
    WiggyQuack
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-26

I've been 'trial and error'ing this for some time now with all different connections as I don't know a damn thing about any of the technical aspects of it all so please would you fill me in on either the fact/s or your knowledgeable opinions. Even if it's a notions you guy have never really considered or if you know for sure that it's NOT possible. A response would greatly be appreciated so i, myself, would be able to stop all attempts.

Pretty much resulted from not owning any iOS, just possessing Android and it seems to be the case that iOS has all the goodies in most, if not all things involving OS & music. EVERYTHING while Android gets the equivalent to scraps or something (in QUANTITY mainly but some in quality as well.) 

This mainly involves the Tonewood Amp for acoustic guitars. I've got the TC Helicon Go Twin and I got it in efforts to try to have my tablet converting my guitar into a midi keyboard and sampling effects that could be additional effects that the Tonewood Amp can apply to the acoustic.

This can easily be done, apparently, with an iPad and iDevice cable plugged into the 'insert' input of the Tonewood Amp. You then launch Midi Guitar 2 and SampleTank on your iOS and you've got an arrangement of accompanying orchestra instruments to go with your fingerstyle or insane modulation to go with your strumming patterns. That's all good and well but as I've stated at the beginning I do not own any iOS unfortunately. It still seems somewhat theoretically possible still given the right peramiters to do on Android (wishful thinking most likely)

I was given to understand that with the iOS configuration, it's the Midi Guitar 2 app that does the heavy lifting in all of it so I was curious and hoping would it at all be possible for the Go Twin to take on that role in converting the notes from the guitar into midi in real time then output the midi to the Tonewood Amp? 

Or you guys have any other alternative method but still that similar functionality?

As I mentioned, even if there is no way possible at this current moment in time or if I happen to be barking up the wrong tree please inform me of that so I can essentially put that notion to bed for the time being and I won't be wasting any more time chasing some daydream or whatever, haha.

Thanks

read more...
    0 7
    • WiggyQuack
      PedroRodrigues Hi WiggyQuack, thank you for your post, first it is important to take under account that the TC Helicon Go Twin is only compatible with following Apps when running Android Go Record (not offering monitoring)
      n-Track
      BanLad
      Tonebridge
      Deplike

On iOS the Go Twin is only compatible with
      VoiceJam
      VoiceJam Studio
      VoiceRack FX
      Go Record
      Guitar Rack
      Garageband
      Amplitude
      BandLab
      Irig Recorder
      Cubase
      n-Track
      Considering what you have stated, when using the GO TWIN on Android you must use one of the App listed above. For more information on one of the Apps I would suggest to contact the developers for each of the Apps above. Thank you
      • Oct 27
  • New
    JacoDJ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-02

Good day I imported a Go Twin. It is advertised to work on all platforms. I cant get Guitar Rack to work on windows or Android. What apps can I use? 

0 17
  • New
    msoukal52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-21

Need Repair...TC-Helicon VSM-300 Does not power up??

0 18
  • New
    FlorisV
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

my UMC1820 can't connect to my ada8000 

I'm working in Linux Ubuntu and connected a new ADAT cable between UMC1820 ADAT out (13-20) and ada8000 ADAT in.

When the adat cable is only connected to the UMC1820, I can see the red light at the end of the cable.

Is there a special installation ritual I should perform or driver I should install?

read more...
    0 4
    • FlorisV
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Make sure the ADA unit is set to the ADAT IN SLAVE Clocking mode.
      • Apr 5
    • FlorisV
      FlorisV

yes, that switch is set to slave

• Apr 5
    • FlorisV
      KyleJohnson Are you trying to get both input and output? Or only output? Typically when setting up the UMC with the ADA we recommend using 2 optical cables, 1 running each way.
      • Apr 5
    • FlorisV
      FlorisV

only output, one cable is connected. Are there really two cables needed when using only as output?

• Apr 5
      • UMC1820 can't connect to ada8000
        KyleJohnson Yes, Even if you are using your ADA8000 for just an output, or input, and not both, you need to connect both the IN and OUT optical ports. This is because the ADA8000 is sending clock signals through the optical cables.
        • ·
        • Apr 5
    • FlorisV
      FlorisV

I see

• Apr 5
  • New
    ByronJohnston
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-03

While adjusting my Voice Live 3, I accidently moved aomething that is preventing my AUX plugin that inputs my Rythem machine into the mix. What did do and how can I fix it. Apparently the Reset button under the head phone hole does not work

0 6
    • ByronJohnston
      NicJonesMT Hi ByronJohnston.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      Please provide a detailed description of your full setup and exactly what is happening.
      • Apr 4
  • New
    Juliavon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-01

Hey, where can I buy the optional DC adapter/power supply for go twin interface? Appreciate any help on this, haven't been successful finding a compatible adapter for it so far...

0 8
    • Juliavon
      WilliamR Hello, Please click on the support link above and create a parts ticket and someone will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
      • Apr 1
  • New
    gmagbu
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-30

HI, my tc helicon voicelive 2  is not powering up.Tried few times with no luck. Pls help Tnx

0 17
    • gmagbu
      Dale_M If you do not have another correct rated PSU to try then it would be best to go to the support tab above and open a Technical ticket with us to assist you.
      • Mar 30
  • New
    jamierogers74
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-18

I'm sending back my tc helicon go solo. What an absolute pile of rubbish this thing is. The lightening connector broke as soon as I connected it. I used an organic to connect another as you cannot get another original cable. Now it just keep switching on and off every three seconds. It's the most hassle I've ever had connecting an audio interface. Absolute rubbish

read more...
    0 24
Go to page