57,652 posts
  • New
    2020-10-31

Um2 install on dell pc

0 2
  • New
    2020-10-31

I have a problem I need help with!

I had a Steinberg Cl2+ audio interface which worked well but I needed extra inputs for external synths.
    I bought a Behringer UMC1820 which gave me eight ins or 4 stereo pairs - with the added bonus the sound quality was improved too.

However I am getting random pops and clicks when using it.  I have Cubase 10.5.2 on Windows 10.
    The audio performance meters barely move and I still gets pops.  I played back a couple of audio files in Cubase - same thing.  I played the audio files on Wavelab - same thing.  
    I can play them on another computer and they are clean.  I've played old projects that were clean on the Steinberg interface and the UMC1820 gives random pops - even though all meters are showing the computer can easily handle the file.

I've changed the USB cable - I've tried different USB inputs - all direct on the computer.  The problem just will not go away and it's driving me mad now.

I should have said I've also tried two drivers - 4.59 (for Windows 7 - 10) and Windows 4.38. 4.38 is possibly slightly better but the pops are still there!
    Any suggestion would be very welcome.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 1
    • Andrew Wilson
      Andrew Wilson I think I may have found the culprit - ACRONIS ACTIVE PROTECTION was running and I disabled it and took the computer off the internet - abd the crackles/pops have gone! Fingers crossed this is it!
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    2020-10-30

Hi all, I've been searchiing online and can't seem to figure out the answer. I want to be able to output my audio to my monitors as well as my amp via outputs 1,2 & 3. It outputs fine to the monitors coming from 1&2 out. But if i out from 3 to my amp I don't hear anything. I have my outputs set up in my DAW (ableton) correctly. The only way I can get it to my amp is if I create a send channel in ableton and turn up every send on every track.

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Also, is it possible to just have 1,2, and 3 out without a DAW? Sometimes I just want to listen to music from my computer and would love the option of it playing through my keyboard amp, without haing to turn start up my DAW.

I sincerely appreciate any help!

read more...
    1 7
    • Matt Pericht
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi, Matt Pericht unfortunately the unit was designed to have main outputs that are specific s for speakers output while the remain outputs are for additional monitoring and recording and the outputs level are only controlled by the DAW being used, therefore does not allow any other implementation except the send channel as you mentioned.
      • Fri at 1:57 AM
      • UMC 1820 outputs question
        Matt Pericht Thank you so much for the response! This isn't really a problem, I'm glad I was using it correctly. Thanks again!
        • Fri at 11:06 AM
  • New

Hi all,

I'm very much a beginner to using interfaces. I was hoping to record remotely for a college project using the the U-Phoria UMC204HD with my mic in the first input and in the second input a male xlr- 3.5mm jack plugged into the computer while recording with protools. Zoom doesn't recognise the interface though so I've hit a dead end. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do? 

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    2020-10-29

Hello,

I can't find my original topic (I suppose it has been deleted since you replied to my ticket) but I want this to be public and visible and get traction

I've purchased a UMC 1820 from Thomann.de. Received it on tuseday 27

When I've tried it all channels have a lot of signal passing through even with the main knob turned to zero. Both in direct monitoring as weel as in USB connection (see attachment). And not a little signal. That's a LOT (in the picture you see the signal getting from a moog Sub Phatty at max volume while the channel gain on the UMC 1820 is at zero)

I've opened a ticket as I've never seen this in my life in any audio interfaces in 15 years and it's not an acceptable behaviour for an audio interface as it's very limiting 

This is not documented anywhere (forum, Manual, etc) and there is no firmware . The Customer Service confirmed this should not be the behaviour and I've probably got a Faulty unit

I've sent it back the unit to Thomann.de (Attaching MT customer service email) and asked for a reimbursment. In the meanwhile I went in a local italian shop to get another one as I need it urgently for a recording session on Saturday (paying it more than Thomann)

I've just tested it and it has the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOUR

I want an official clarification from Behringer as I cannot think I got two faulty unit in a row from 2 different vendors with the same issue and I'm losing a lot of time (and money) around this

read more...
    0 10
    • ROBERTO Rizzi
      Rex Beckett Hello Roberto, this is not an official response but I don't think you got two defective units. It is quite common on preamps, interfaces and mixing consoles that the Gain controls do not have an Off setting. They usually have a range from minimum to maximum gain. If the minimum gain is too high for your source, reduce its output level or press in the UMC1820's Pad button. The gain controls on other UMC products (202HD, 204HD, 404HD) have the same behavior.
      • Thu at 4:28 AM
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain knob to zero but still getting a lot of signal from all channels - 2 new faulty units in a row?
        ROBERTO Rizzi Hi Rex. Thanks for your prompt reply.
        I'm pretty baffled to be honest
        First: I got an official ticket response from Lea saying a gain to zero should let no signal in (and I've move accordingly by returning the Interface and purchasing a new one)
        Second: it's not quite common. Actually is the opposite. Any single Audio Interface and Mixer I had in 15 years doesn't behave like this. Zero on a gain is zero.
        Third: there's A LOT of signal passing in. Too much. I'm getting signal with PAD on, Gain knob on zero from my Moog Sub Phatty with volume at 1 out of 10
        Fourth: It's so not common that the latest reseller told me that he's never seen something like this, that it is unacceptable. He already opened me the procedure for a free return and it's going to remove this and other audio interfaces of Behringer from his catalogue, as it is not documented anywhere on your manual that your preamp don't go to zero
        • Thu at 4:43 AM
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain knob to zero but still getting a lot of signal from all channels - 2 new faulty units in a row?
        Rex Beckett Hi Roberto, I don't represent Music Tribe. I am a user - like you. My experience is different to yours, though. The Gain controls on every mixer and almost every preamp that I have ever used did not have an off setting. Mixer Level controls, on the other hand, usually do have an off position. If you need to be able to turn a source off, you may be better using a mixer rather than a preamp/interface.
        • Thu at 5:09 AM
        ROBERTO Rizzi Sorry Rex, I thought you were a staff since I see you responding a lot around I'm waiting for an official answer. I've had and tried focusrite, UA, Arturia as audio interfaces. All of them, if the gain is to 0, let no signal passing through (you can see a clear 0 on the gain if you google it)

This is the first time it happens to me on an audio interface honestly. and the problem is not only they don't go to zero, is that there is so much preamp, even with the PAD turn on that the level they let pass through is really huge. This makes harder in live set to do manual automation on the volume as there is a huge multiplier on the gain itself.

And I cannot go for a mixer (I already have a mixer, luckily not behringer ). I was looking forward for a cheap solution to do live set while sending 8 different audio channel to ableton live, in order to apply real time effects or record 8 track at the same time (dawless). The UMC 1820 looked perfect on paper to do that

The things that bothers me is that this is not written anywhere

Best
        • Thu at 5:40 AM
        ROBERTO Rizzi got an official ticket response but it's pretty clear they don't read the ticket and give random responses (they thought I'm experiencing random noise coming in even though my ticket was 300% clear). You're reply was better. Now I've asked for official preamp specification and what is the Decibel level on the preamp with the knob at minimum (if 0 db or still some db). Let's see what they say
        • Fri at 1:48 AM
  • 2020-10-28

Hi, 

My UMC404 HD has stopped working and power is not flowing through it. 

I bought it 10 months ago and it suddenly stopped working. 

I tried opening a care ticket but I have not received any response. 

The product is still under warrenty. I went to guitar cente and they suggested me to reach out to Behringer. 

Can someone suggest me how much time does the customer care of Behringer take to respond? 

Also, how much time does it take for them typically to repar an issue like that ?

There is no way to call them and I am feeling helpless right now. 

read more...
    1 19
    • Alpansh Banerjee
      Jamie Reyes I’m having the same problem. My unit stopped working after 2 years last week, I sent in a care ticket last week and have gotten no response from anyone for anything. Can’t find a customer service number anywhere. The online store I purchased it from told me to reach out to Behringer but there really is no way of communication. Really annoyed at this point. Let me know if you have any luck.
      • Wed at 3:31 PM
      • USB Audio Interface Stopped Working: Solution..?
        Alpansh Banerjee hopefully soon.
        • ·
        • Wed at 3:34 PM
        Chris Edwards Hi Jamie Reyes, I hope you are well. Upon checking our system I can currently see you have two cases open for the same issue, it appears replies have been sent on both cases on 27/10/2020. I would recommend checking your spam and junk folders just in case the replies have routed to these locations, if you still cannot find them please let me know and I will request my colleagues reach out to you again.
        • Thu at 3:47 AM
    • Alpansh Banerjee
      Paul Vannatto The standard way to contact support is to click on the Support (above) and complete a service ticket. They will contact you once submitted.
      • Wed at 3:54 PM
        Alpansh Banerjee Hey Paul, I did that 2 days ago. Hopefully they will reply soon.
        • Wed at 3:59 PM
    • Alpansh Banerjee
      Chris Edwards Hi Alpansh Banerjee, I hope you are well. Upon checking our system I can currently see you have two cases open for the same issue, it appears a reply has been sent on your first cases on 27/10/2020. I would recommend checking your spam and junk folders just in case the replies have routed to these locations, if you still cannot find them please let me know and I will request my colleagues reach out to you again.
      • Thu at 3:49 AM
        Alpansh Banerjee Hey Chris, really appriciate your reply. I have not received any reply /email. Can you please tell your colleagues to reach out to me again? If you want I can provide you an alternate Email ID: [email protected]
        • Thu at 10:10 AM
        Chris Edwards Hi Alpansh, of course this is no problem at all. I will forward your alternative address over to them as well and ask for the reply to be sent to both, I would still recommend keeping an eye on your spam and junk folders just in case but hopefully it will come through to you fine this time.
        • Fri at 12:52 AM
  • 2020-10-27

Hello,

I've already opened a ticket but wanted to check with community as well. I've just received a brand new UMC 1820 from Thoman. Everything seems to be working fine except that all channels never goes to zero volume even if setting the Gain knob to the minimum. This is audible both on full monitoring as well as in a daw (ableton) when recording.

Even with the gain knob at zero there is a lot of signal coming through. A lot of signal actually (See picture. I have my moog sub phatty on channel 1).

None of my previous and current audio interfaces (even from Behringer) are working like that. Gain knob on 0 is 0 signal passing in

Do I have a faulty unit (and then I shall ask for a replacement from Thomann or a firmware update from Behringer) or this is working as intended (and then I'll send it back to Thomann as this is not an acceptable behaviour at all for an audio interface)?

Thanks and best

Thanks and best

read more...
    0 4
    • ROBERTO Rizzi
      Leah from Music Tribe Hello @thevoidngi ,

I will be sending you a response to your email shortly. If you do not see the reply, please check your Spam/Junk folder.

Thanks!
      • Tue at 3:03 PM
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain volume never goes to zero - faulty units?
        ROBERTO Rizzi Hi Lea. Please look ASAP at the CRM ticket you replied me with. I've purchased another NEW UMC 1820 and it has the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I cannot believe it. One is a faulty unit, two is your fault. Please follow up. I'm quite pissed of right now as a customer. Lost time and lost money
        • Thu at 4:27 AM
  • 2020-10-27

Hi,

I have been looking for an option to use my UMC204HD or UMC1820 in Windows 10 to have a better sound in web sessions on Zoom  or other meeting sofware.
    Using a mic for my voice AND mixing the sound from Windows just as you can do with Steinberg or Focusrite interfaces.
    And this without playing with a 3rd party software and a kind of hardware trick where we inject the windows output in the Aux board input using a physical cable :(
    The point seems to be that the windows driver does not bring to Windows starndards sound Input and Output a Loopback option.
    Could Behringer implement this in a futur version and the world of covid-19 would be easier to live ;)

read more...
    0 10
    • Christian Surieux
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Christian, Thank you for your contact, please be aware that the unit works with ASIO drivers base developed by a third part company, never the less on our end on the development I will forward your suggestion to our R&D Team.
      • Wed at 1:37 AM
      • Missing loopback feature in the U-PHORIA audio interfaces under W10
        Christian Surieux 'be aware that the unit works with ASIO drivers that are developed by a third part company' are you sure, I am speaking of the last ASIO driver by Behringer, Windows driver 4.59.0. ???
        For some other products Behringer uses Asio4all but for UPHORIA in Windows 10, it looks to be a legacy Behringer driver.
        • ·
        • Wed at 1:56 AM
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi Christian, as I mentioned on the previous Message please be aware that the unit works with ASIO drivers base developed by a third part company, never the less on our end on the development I will forward your suggestion to our R&D Team.
        • Wed at 3:15 AM
        Christian Surieux Please be more clear ???
        If you are speaking of the ASIO standard developped by Steinberg, every serious company uses it on Windows and these companies provide loopback feature.
        What else do you mean ???
        • ·
        • Wed at 3:20 AM
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi Christian I'm aware of Steinberg and how Asio is developed and by who. Regarding your question replying to your question I will forward your suggestion to our R&D Team. Thank you
        • ·
        • Wed at 3:23 AM
  • 2020-10-23

Please when connect in laptop and mic I’m not see partion in my Devi’s 

also don’t have voice when recording 

0 6
    • Amr Soliman
      Rex Beckett Hi Amr, what type of laptop and OS version do you have? What DAW/audio software are you using?
      • Oct 24
    • Amr Soliman
      Amr Soliman Hi Rex , thanks for reply
      • Oct 24
    • Amr Soliman
      Amr Soliman Unfortunately, the laptop has stopped working today
      Please help, what are the good laptop specifications to use with the umc202HD and microphone to record the voice and what is the appropriate program for recording audio
      Is headphone necessary during recording?
      • Oct 24
      • Umc202hd
        Rex Beckett It depends on what and how you want to record. Almost any modern laptop running either Windows or macOS should work with the UMC202HD if you get the correct USB cable. DAW software like Reaper is the most flexible but free software like Audacity can be used for simple recording tasks. Headphones are usually required if you are recording a new track through a microphone while listening to a previous recording (overdubbing).
        • Oct 24
    • Amr Soliman
      Amr Soliman Great Rex , thanks for your help, I will try again and I well be contact with you
      • Oct 25
  • 2020-10-23

please help me get the Interface to solve my problem of latency during my connection with DAW, to make music with MIDI KEYBOARD. (BEHRINGER UMC202HD) this interface supports the same or not?

0 8
    • Shreekant Boga
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Shreekant Boga, please be aware that this unit does not support MIDI connection. In regard to latency, to be able to evaluate any latency values, you will also need to have in to consideration if you are using a Mac or a Windows computer because on Windows computer you will have the drivers transporting the audio from the sound card to the CPU of the computer and them from the CPU of the computer to the sound card again and from there to the speakers.
      In a case of a Mac is different because Mac uses core audio device.

We also need to consider when addressing latency, the following:
      The computer CPU speed.
      Audio interface quality.
      The type of connection. USB/FIREWIRE.
      The compatibility driver/operating system/ DAW.
      The amount of buffering selected on the DAW, measured in samples.

Increasing the buffering size gives the computer more type to respond to the audio, per example when you are using plug ins like the ones that you have stated, this is very important but also slows the response of the all system.

All these points can be addressed to decrease latency issues, but this scenario will also create less stability for your system.

Latency can be proportional to:

The number of audio channels used
      Number of Plugins used
      Sample Rate
      Bit Depth
      Amount of Memory
      Processing Power
      • Oct 23
    • Shreekant Boga
      JiSs Simard Give me 5.10 minutes I'll watch ✌️????
      • Oct 23
Go to page