Statistics

181,574 members
50,516 posts
  • 2020-09-24

I just bought the Behringer U-Phoria UM2 to connect my bass to my laptop (windows 10) for practising along with Spotify. I have hooked the UM2 to a USB port of my laptop, plugged my bass into the instrument port of the UM2, and my laptop connects to my (wireless) headset. I thought that should be enough to get evrything rolling but I don't get the sound of my bass on my headphones. The SIG led on the UM indicates it receives signal when I play my bass so that part is okay and of course I have selected the UM2 (which shows up in Windows as USB Audio Codec) as input device for audio. 

Through the Behringer site I downloaded the ASIO4ALL_2_14_English package and installed that, but it makes no difference. 
    Can someone please point me in the right direction to get this working?

Thanks!
    Martijn

read more...
    0 4
    • Martijn Balink
      David Knighton Hello Martijn Balink,
      Do you mean to say you're trying to hear the input of the UM2 with a set of wireless bluetooth headphones? I'm not so sure that will work, at least not without some involved setup. What you need to do first is confirm that the bass signal is reaching the computer. To do this, open up any DAW and record a short take of the bass. You should see and hear audio without the headphones. Presuming it works as intended, try setting the output of the DAW to use your wireless headphones. Not sure it will allow it, because I've never seen a DAW use a bluetooth device as an interface.
      • 7 hours ago
      • u-phoria UM2 no sound on laptop?
        Martijn Balink Hi David, thanks for your quick response.
        As I have no intention of recording I don't have any high end DAW software available, but I have Audacity running, I've selected the USB Audio Codec as input device, pressed the record button and played my bass. Nothing comes up in Audacity.
        If I wire a headphone to the UM2 (need to find a 6 mm converter jack to fit a 3.5 mm jack ;-)), will I then be able to hear the bass and spotify on the wired headphone? In that case I would be able to bypass the laptop for the most part (only powering the UM2 and playing spotify).
        • 3 hours ago
      • u-phoria UM2 no sound on laptop?
        Martijn Balink Found it. The second scenario works. I found a headphone with a 6 mm jack, with the wired headphone I can now play bass with Spotify and the bass through the UM2. Not the setup I wanted (or expected) but it works.
        • 3 hours ago
  • 2020-09-23

I don't Know how to register my product in behringer and get the free software. Anyone please help me.

1 7
    • Mubarak Bilal
      Rex Beckett At the top of this page, click Support -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Product Registration. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Wed at 7:28 AM
      • Help
        Rex Beckett You should receive a code and link by email. It may take a day or two.
        • Wed at 8:41 AM
  • 2020-09-22

I have a Behringer UMC22 Audio Interface, and I use an Acenix K11 combined Headphone and Microphone with it.

Using the Headphone Socket is fine to listen to music etc.

I want to be able to use the Microphone on the Acenix K11 to record my voice via the UMC22, onto my Apple Macintosh computer.

Can I use the Microphone on the Acenix K11 by plugging into the UMC22 Headphone socket? Or do I have to plug it into a different Input socket?

Which of the UMC22 Controls can I use for Microphone use?

read more...
    0 6
  • 2020-09-22

So I just bought a UMC22 and I'm hearing some unwanted loud hiss noises from the mic channel 1 when I adjust the gain higher, Is this normal?? I just hate it coz I need to higher the gain because the instrument's volume is too low but it hisses when I adjust the gain high. It really sucks for me,  BTW I'm using my computer as the playback

read more...
    0 9
    • Reynan Marangga
      Rex Beckett What make/model of microphone are you using? What instrument are you recording?
      • Tue at 1:43 AM
      • How do I eliminate unwanted hiss noises?
        Reynan Marangga I didn't plug any bro
        • Tue at 2:05 AM
        Dale Minaker I think it would be wise to check the unit on another PC/MAC to confirm if the issue stays with the unit
        • ·
        • Tue at 2:08 AM
        Reynan Marangga Alrght I'll try
        • Tue at 2:24 AM
    • Reynan Marangga
      Dale Minaker Hi Reyan, can you advise if the hiss is there with nothing plugged in and sounds the same when you turn the gain up?
      • Tue at 1:57 AM
        Reynan Marangga yeap, only at the Mic/line 1, I didn't plug anything but when I turn the gain up, it hisses like crazy...
        • Tue at 2:08 AM
  • 2020-09-20

Hi there.

I have some issues with my UMC22 and C-1 microphone.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think, if I plug the microphone jack to socket 1 in UMC22 and turn on 48V from the back panel, everything should work correctly.
    Can anybody tell me how correctly connect these two tools in one good working set? What I do wrong? With guitar, I have no trouble. But connection microphone to card make me more and more annoyed :) Probably I do something stupid I think.
    Somebody can help me?

read more...
    0 11
    • Marek Zdybel
      Rex Beckett The C-1 mic should work when connected to the UMC22 XLR input and with 48V phantom power switched on. Phantom power is not available on the UMC22 jack socket.
      • Sep 20
    • Marek Zdybel
      Goetz Mueller-Duerholt Hi Marek, make sure that you use a cable with XLR connectors on both ends! A XLR to 1/4" TRS cable for example will not work.
      • Mon at 5:43 AM
  • 2020-09-15

Hello,

I have a UMC404HD which for the most part is working fine. The problem I have is that it seems to appear to the computer as 2 separate devices (line 1,2 and line 3,4) rather than a single 4 channel device. Is this a quirk of Windows 10?

I have the latest drivers installed.

Any help gratefully received.

read more...
    0 13
    • Michael Ramsden
      Joe Rivers Hi Michael, this is expected behaviour of Windows 10 - it will show the inputs as two stereo pairs. In a DAW you will be able to select the inputs individually providing you create a mono track. Also, go into you sound preferences and select the interface - here you can make sure 4 channels of audio are entering your system.
      • Sep 15
  • 2020-09-14

Hi, 

Due to the pandemic I'm having my drum lessons via zoom. 

I have a roland electric kit and want to connect it to my laptop so my tutor can hear exactly what I'm playing. 

Instead of the kit sound coming through monitor speakers then into the laptop mics to zoom. 

Would the Behringer UMC 22 audio interface enable this, or any other interface? 

Thanks. 

read more...
    0 17
    • Lennox Locker
      Joe Rivers Hi Lennie - yes you can set the UMC22 as an input device on Zoom. However, a limitation with Zoom software means you will only be able to set one channel of input. It is not a multitracking software.
      • Sep 14
      • UMC22 Audio interface
        PatrickCorrigan I may be wrong, but I believe Zoom will sum the two channels to mono.
        • Sep 14
    • Lennox Locker
      Lennox Locker HI Joe, thank you for your reply.
      • Sep 14
  • 2020-09-13

So I ordered a Behringer UM2 USB Audio Interface from Shopee Philippines and I just wanna know how to Identify if it's legit or fake. I ordered the item from a likely small third party seller. The seller doesn't even reply to my messages but I had no other choice coz the other sellers we're out of stock and others to sell it for too high prices and others has a too large shipping fee although the ratings of this one are fine, 5 people bought the same product from the same store and all of them rated 5 stars. can anyone help me pls? coz I need it to record my music, and I'm sick of counterfeits.

read more...
    0 15
    • Reynan Marangga
      Nigel Turner Hi, it may be very difficult to identify whether it is real or not as some companies are extremely good at replicating products. Can you attach some pictures showing the front, back, top and the panel witht heserial number on and I will take a look for you, but cannot promise whether I can identify whether it is fake or not. Have you contacted our partner in the Philippines who are Joint Venture to see if the shop you purchased from is one of their resellers. If it is, then there is a good possibility that the unit is not fake. Hope this helps.
      • Sep 13
      • How do I authenticate a Behringer product?
        Reynan Marangga Okay thank you Mr, Turner, I got the unit here. I'll send you pics and give you the serial number ASAP. Godbless!
        • Mon at 7:40 PM
      • How do I authenticate a Behringer product?
        Reynan Marangga here it is sir, kinda strange... the data code is missing and it's made in China and I didn't see any warranty card????????????. The serial number is: S200507929AUX
        • Mon at 8:12 PM
  • 2020-09-12

Hello Friends,

I just purchased a Behringer UMC22 Audio Interface. 

I use a Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. I do not have studio monitor speakers. What I do have are a set of 2.1 channel multimedia speakers that draw power from an external AC source. Its 2200 w pmpo.  They have RCA connections for i/o. I've purchased a set of L and R cables that are Phono to RCA and connected from the rear of the AI where it says L & R into the rear of my subwoofer where it says L & R. Connections looks sturdy and they fit snugly. However, no sound from the speakers. I intend to route all Audio related cables from the Audion interface and not many cables to the laptop itself. Please help. I'm still in the physical setup process. Next I have to get into the software side.

read more...
    0 6
    • Rohit Varun
      John Matthews Hi Rohit, have you set the UMC22 as your output device in your sound preferences? if you right click on the volume icon in your Windows computer you can open the sound settings and from the output device dropdown you should select USB audio codec (this is the UMC22). Then you should get output from the interface.
      • Sep 13
  • 2020-09-12

I have a UMC204HD and JBL LSR305 (studio monitors). The issue I've been having is occasionally the audio will stop working, say if I'm listening to spotify, if I pause and leave the room for a bit and come back, the audio will not work. I have to switch playback devices (to headphones plugged into PC motherboard) multiple times and wait for the audio to come back to the studio monitors.

Another issue I have is the same thing with the headphones plugged in to the audio interface, if I'm playing a video game and using Discord, occasionally the audio interface will cut out the microphone and Discord BUT I can hear the video game clear, just can't talk into the microphone to Discord and hear people in the voice chat (but it will work fine if my headphones aren't plugged in to the audio interface).

My setup is JBL LSR305 and an XLR microphone in to the audio interface. Headphones is plugged in to the PC motherboard. Two playback devices (audio interface, OUT 1-2; BEHRINGER UMC 204HD 192K) and HEADPHONES. Both running sample rate (2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz) and with Exclusive Mode turned OFF. Running on UMC's drivers version 4.59.0 on Windows 10.

read more...
    0 14
Go to page