Statistics

241,180 members
117,431 posts
  • New
    Wyshwood
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-07-25

Having just lost my dedicated Tascam 24 track unit, I think I want to venture into DAW recording for the first time.

I like the look of the umc1820, but want to know how straight forward it is to set up with FL studio 20.

Could anyone give me assurances from experience, please?

read more...
    0 4
    • Wyshwood
      DavidKnighton Hello Wyshwood,
      I don't have extensive experience with either product, but in general, assigning Input/Outputs to your DAW is relatively straight forward. It's pretty much going to be all contained within the DAW preferences, regardless of what type of interface you're using. The only thing to be mindful of is whether your computer is Windows operating system, as it will require a driver for the interface to operate properly.
      • 11 hours ago
  • New
    iGoByAmmo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-23

Hi there,

I have a UMC202HD audio interface plugged into my Lenovo laptop, and a pair of Taotronics headphones plugged into the phones jack of the interface with a 1/4" adapter. I recently noticed (through this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkObqRUvpRY) that when I the "left" audio is playing I can hear it in both ears, and with the "right" there's just silence. 

How do I fix this? I've tried re-intalling drivers but that didn't do anything. I also tried to unlink the left and right sides on the UMC control panel "levels" section but that didn't do it.

Any help? Thanks

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    kixxazz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-23

WHY CANT I MAKE THIS STREAM , I CAN GET 1 AND 2 EVERYTHING ELSE NO DEAL

0 4
    • kixxazz
      RexBeckett Hi kixxazz, this could be an issue with the routing. If you want to stream the Main LR mix through USB 1/2, try this:

On the Routing -> Out 1-16 tab, select Main L for Output 1 and Main R for Output 2. On the Routing -> Card tab, select Out 1-8 for Outputs 1-8.

The attached screenshots show how this is done using X32-Edit but it can also be done directly on the console.
      • Jul 23
  • New
    piano74
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-22

While this is a serviceable device, allowing the generic Windows 10 "USB Audio Codec" driver to run the machine causes a lot of issues.  It overdrives the XLR input and creates an almost unusable sound, specifically when I record into Audacity via using a dynamic or condenser microphone.  Since Audacity doesn't use ASIO, ASIO4ALL is pointless for this purpose.  I'm only turning the gain up a little (about 9 o' clock at the most) and I almost always get a low level hum while my voice ends up sounding flat and distorted.  I've tried this on several machines and still no joy.  Also, I'm unable record ANY sound out of the INST 2 input nor hear it via Direct Monitor.

I did find some older drivers that run the UMC22 and they fix all these issues.  The sound is clear (no hum at all) with very little noise and no distortion.  INST 2 inputs are even recordable.  It's still not perfect, but it's far better than being forced to use the built-in Windows 10 drivers.  It would be great if Behringer invested a little time and energy into creating some updated drivers on par with the one I just installed for my UMC204HD, instead of just dumping the ASIO4ALL driver in as a substitute, which it isn't.  It only drives the machine when you use an ASIO-enabled DAW or recording program.  Thinking of returning this item.

read more...
    0 8
    • piano74
      Dale_M Do you want to raise a Technical ticket from the support tab so we can check your process please?
      • Jul 22
  • New
    adamholt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-22

Hey,

I'm in the market for a new audio interface (2I / 2O). Will be connecting it to a Mac Mini M1 running Big Sur / Logic.

How is compatibility right now for that configuration?

Thanks,

Adam

0 13
    • adamholt
      Nigel67 Hi adamholt. All our USB USB audio / midi devices are fully UAC2.0 class compliant and do not require drivers under MAC OS and will continue to work under CoreAudio as before. Any issues are mostly Big Sur set up related.
      • Jul 21
    • adamholt
      adamholt

Thanks Nigel67! Anything I should be particularly mindful of around Big Sur to avoid hitting into those common issues?

• Jul 21
  • New
    waveman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-20

my umc204 constantly starts at 48hz, I can't change anything in the umc control panel. all of my daws are set at 44.1hz therefore it doesn't run, it won't even play a file because of the wrong sample rate. I tried setting audio properties in win7 it ignores it and stays at 48hz. please tell me how to change the default setting on this box to 44.1hz when it boots up so I can use this thing!!?

read more...
    0 17
    • waveman
      Dale_M Are you running the latest driver? Available here, it may be worth checking: https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0AUY
      • Jul 21
    • waveman
      waveman

I have the latest driver. the problem is not the driver itself, the problem is that the developer has made the default sample rate 48hz which is not a normal studio setting unless you're doing audio/video projects. after researching this problem it seems its a familiar headache. no cd's or streaming audio files are 48hz, they're all 44.1hz. if the powers that be for these boxes sees this, please change the default to 44.1hz and give the option in the control panel to change it to 48hz when it boots up if you need or want it. 48hz doesn't even dither well to 44.1hz. anyway thanks for the reply, hopefully if theres a driver update they change that.

• Jul 21
  • New
    amontanez
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-18

I have both a UMC404HD and UMC1820 that I've been using for a LONG time now. When working with ASIO or Windows WASAPI, the inputs of UMC audio interfaces clip very close to unity (0 dB). For some reason, though, MME and DirectSound drivers for these interfaces have a max level of -6 dB. When recording, this isn't a big issue as it's easy to add digital gain in post. The bigger issue is for real-time use cases like Discord calls, where there's no way to add digital gain to the incoming microphone signal through the UMC driver. This requires everyone in voice calls with me to manually boost my volume level on their end, rather than allowing me to push my loudness to the right level. I ran into a weird situation where I was swapping audio drivers while in a discord call (opened Ableton and started messing around in the audio settings), and the person on the other end mentioned there was a significant jump in volume. At some point, the volume increase reverted and I'm not certain how to reproduce again. This seems to suggest this is a driver-level issue that could be patched with either a firmware or software update. Is there any possibility this could be investigated?

Yes, there are workarounds like using VoiceMeeter, but this shouldn't be an issue for prosumer audio gear, and I don't want to introduce more latency than necessary.

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    MichaelDAmbrosio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-14

Hi tribe, I have got a new UMC404HD interface and only seem to get 2 of the 4 mic inputs working on my 16GB 2014 Macbook Pro with Protools. I have gone into the Audio MIDI setting within the mac and there dosn't seem to be an option to select the other 2 inputs. It is only recognising the interface as a 2ch unit. Any suggestions?

Thanks

read more...
    0 10
    • MichaelDAmbrosio
      NicJonesMT Hi Michael.
      If possible could you please provide a bit more information on how you are using the 404 with your system?
      Are you connecting direct to the Mac via USB or are you going to a hub, using adapters ETC?
      How do you have the unit setup in Pro Tools?
      Are you able to add additional output busses in Pro Tools (If I remember rightly there should be an I/O setup menu you can do this in)?
      • Jul 15
  • New
    MichaelPirtle
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-14

Hello,

In a live broadcast situation, I have an instant audio player on a laptop that can output to two separate sound cards for mixing between audio clips or playing more than one clip with different volume levels.  In the past I have used a USB interface for one output and the headphone jack as the other.  Could I use the UMC404HD to be both of the outputs?  Will the program recognize the two sets of stereo outputs as separate outputs that can be used at the same time?  The program is called Jazler Show.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 9
    • MichaelPirtle
      NicJonesMT Hi Michael.
      It is dependent on your broadcast software and how it works with the device drivers. I would say that it wont work, as your computer will likely recognise the UMC as 2 devices, output 1 - 2, output 3 - 4. You will only be able to use one of these outputs at a time.

If your Broadcast software works with the drivers how a DAW would, then you should be able to route audio to all outputs.
      • Jul 15
    • MichaelPirtle
      MichaelPirtle

It would have to recognize the UMC as 2 devices. Its not very sophisticated in that sense. So, if the outputs cannot appear as two separate devices then it probably won't work. I will reach out to the software folks to double check that. Thanks!

• Jul 15
    • MichaelPirtle
      MichaelPirtle

So according to the people that wrote the software, if windows recognizes the outputs on the UMC as two separate devices then they will work with the software. Does Window's recognize outputs 1-2 as one device and outputs 3-4 as another device?

• Jul 16
  • New
    utsang
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-07-14

Hey everybody I am curently having issues with my audio interface, I have installed the latest driver and everything but everytime i try to switch my playback from speakers to out 1-2 in my daw or even when I'm on youtube, there is an insane amount of Lag that persists, only way I have found to fix it is by messing around my daws output device switching between OUT 1-2 behringer or OUT 1-4 and then it works decently, only issue is this has never happened before and is honestly very annoying because I can't switch my output without wasting like 10 minutes everytime. I have using FL STUDIO 20 as of rn

read more...
    1 8
    • utsang
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi utsang, Is the interface currently directly connected to your computer without the use of USB Hubs? If you do use a USB Hub could you please remove this and try connecting directly?
      Have you also experimented with your buffer settings at all? The lower the buffer setting the less chance you will have of experiencing latency but a higher the chance of CPU Strain, the strain on your CPU can cause audio to freeze momentarily or introduce pops and clicks. The higher the buffer setting the less chance you will have of this happening but the higher chance you will have of experiencing latency.

If this does not help with your issue could you please submit a technical support ticket so we can assist further?
      • Jul 14
Go to page