Statistics

215,308 members
88,415 posts
  • New
    pilipella
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-26

hello everybody,

I'm using an external small mixer to control few instruments, in a sort of submix,

which goes into inputs number 7/8, and I'm struggling to get a perfect balance between the two input channels

using the pots on the front. so, it may sound a dumb question but, is there a way to link two mono ins so to control them as a stereo one? I mean using one pot to set the level for both channels or something in that way?

any kind of advice (hardware, software, workaround ideas) would be much appreciated :)

thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    Erdem
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-25

Hello Everyone!
    I am trying to control my XR18 with BCR2000.

I used 2 midi din cables between them, and i made it.
    So far, I could make the bidirectional connection with volume fader, channel pan and mute. I used BCD2000's learn button for mapping.

But when i try to change channel gain or any eq parameters or solo button, XR18 didn't send amy midi signals. And I can not make midi learn with BCD2000. 

When i check "USB-DIN Pass Thru", it didn't work. Also I cannot contol faders when I check that.

Does anybody know why XR18 is not making any midi signal when changing eq settings?
    Thanks !

read more...
    0 14
    • Erdem
      Paul_Vannatto That is because there are no midi commands (cc or pc) for the EQ, gain or solo. The only other option is the Sysex text string (see page 32 of the X-Air User Manual). Since EQ and gain control are variable in nature (ie a range of values), the sysex method would be impractical. Only the Solo (off/on) could practically use the sysex text string method. To generate this hex string, use the SysexOscGen app (found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/sysexoscgen/ ).
      • Thu at 7:24 AM
    • Erdem
      RexBeckett Hello Erdem, Midi implementation on the XR18 is quite limited. Only basic fader, pan and mute are supported. See XAir Midi chart: https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=8._MIDI

The USB-DIN Pass Thru option makes the XR18 act as a USB/Midi interface. This mode disables the normal Midi operation.
      • Thu at 7:25 AM
  • New
    ado58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-24

I can hear the instrument in CH2 through headphones but very soft once recorded. XLR CH1 is perfect.

0 8
  • New
    elvisbass
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-23

I use garageband on Mac book air 2018 with Big Sur and record with a behringer UMC204 HD sound card.
    As long as I use audio tracks no Problem, as soon as I insert midi tracks the Mac conflicts with the sound card and the sample rate freezes at 44.1 KHz. There is no way to get it to 48KHz. Result the tracks all skip and it is impossible to continue recording. As soon as you unplug the sound card, listening becomes ok.
    Is the Behringer not compatible with Mac? When I use midi files that fit on the sound card, everything falls apart.
    It seems that garageband has no problems, according to Apple service. Behringer is uncontactable.
    The card drivers are not found on the behringer site as I use the Mac IAC driver? If I buy another card like focusrite Apple assures me no Problem. Then it is the Behringer card that is not eligible. Thank you

read more...
    0 9
    • elvisbass
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi elvisbass, the UMC range of interfaces is a USB class compliant device and will work with MAC's straight out of the box with its core audio system so no additional drivers are required. I would recommend if not yet done so submitting a technical support ticket so that further information can be gathered.

To do this go to support at the top of the page and scroll to Technical Support.
      • Tue at 11:33 PM
    • elvisbass
      elvisbass Help me please if possible. File MiDi are problem at sample rate 44,1 kHz. Thanks
      • Wed at 6:24 AM
    • elvisbass
      elvisbass Driver Behringer from 2016......
      • Wed at 6:25 AM
  • New
    rodak99
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-22

Hi.  I found a couple of older threads here(one from 2016, one from early 2020) that addressed the exact issue I'm having, but there was never a resolution, so I thought I'd give it another try.

I have a UMC404HD, which works great with Zoom, Reaper, Audacity, etc, but I've found that Microsoft Skype and Teams apparently only recognize one channel for mic input.  (Channel 1 if I have 1/2 selected, Channel 3 if I have 3/4 selected).  Does anyone know of a "fix" or workaround for this?  I'm running the latest Behringer UMC driver(4.59.0.56775, 3/14/2019), and have tried disabling all audio enhancements in Control Panel, but no joy.  BTW, I'm running Windows 10, version 2004.

I do have an old Behringer mixer I could use on the side to combine the two inputs, but hated to go that far if there were a better way. (and I have enough wires on my desk already!)

Suggestions, anyone?

read more...
    0 3
    • rodak99
      RexBeckett Hi rodak99, if you get both channels with Zoom and Audacity, it is not a problem with the Windows driver or settings. If the Microsoft apps only use one side of the stereo input you will need to downmix your two channels to mono. You could do this with an external hardware mixer or by using a software mixer like VoiceMeeter. See: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/
      • Mon at 2:47 PM
    • rodak99
      rodak99 Hey, thanks! Voicemeter works great, what a cool tool!
      • Mon at 4:32 PM
  • New
    BrassDragons
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-19

Can two UMC1820 be connected by ADAT cables (In & out) and be used to create 16 tracks in a DAW (Presonus Studio One)?

I current do have two conected on technical advise, but the main outs and headphones outs on the second unit are not functioning?

Any advice is appreciated!

Regards,

Ralph Martin

read more...
    0 9
    • BrassDragons
      RexBeckett Hi BrassDragons, no that will not work. You can connect an ADA8200 to the UMC1820 using a pair of ADAT optical connectors,though. That will give you sixteen analog inputs and outputs to/from USB.
      • Feb 19
  • New
    cottonmouth1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-18

Hi

I have an FCA 610 and am trying to download the driver from Behringer.

It will let me download for the bigger FCA 1616 but then keeps saying to connect my device.

I have the FCA 610 connected, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. I know that the 610 is now a legacy product, but it should still be supported I would have thought.

read more...
    0 3
    • cottonmouth1
      PedroRodrigues Hi cottonmouth1 , please consider that the FCA610 is a legacy unit so you may encounter issues implementing this unit on more recent operating system. Please also consider that it may be useful to update the firmware for this unit and installing the latest driver released to increase the units stability but still you must consider that we are dealing with a legacy unit and implementing this unit on a more recent Operating system will be full of challenges or virtual impossible. Please try to implement this unit on legacy operating systems, to access any resources for this unit please follow the link below https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0A3B .Thank you
      • Feb 19
  • New
    timurbanus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-18

Hi everyone!

I have a Behringer UMC404HD and a Dell 23 inch monitor. I'd like to place the monitor on top of the interface. The monitor weighs 2,9 kilos. Is the audio interface sturdy enough to withstand the weight of the monitor?

Thanks for answering!

Tim

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    Glubsk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-17

I have a trusty U-phoria UMC202. I cant find any data for the output jack, and: My Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 ohm headphone is a bit to the silent side, so i use a headphone amp to make it loud enough. Soon i will buy a new  DT 770  - and it comes in different impedances: 32, 80 & 250 ohms. Is the 32 ohms version the right match for the UMC202?  Per, Denmark (I will understand tech language)

read more...
    0 3
    • Glubsk
      RexBeckett Hi Glubsk, the UMC202 phones output maximum level is quite low (+3dBu) so it works best with high-sensitivity (>= 99dB SPL @ 1mW) headphones with low impedance (20-80 Ohms). The 32 Ohm version of the DT770 Pro would give about 2dB more SPL than the 80 Ohm ones. The difference would not be very noticeable so you may still need the headphone amp.
      • Feb 17
    • Glubsk
      DavidKnighton Hello Glubsk,
      I stumbled upon this excellent video a while back explaining headphone and output impedance matching. It's worth the entire 9 minutes. Give it a look when you have some time. It was very helpful to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpTsWVLI-ig
      • Feb 17
  • New
    zebramoth75
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-15

Hi, 

newbie question. I am trying to make YouTube videos using my Windows computer's built-in camera for video, and a UMC202HD for audio. I cannot get my Windows machine to recognize the Behringer UMC202HD as an audio input. One computer thought it was a gaming console. Any ideas? Thanks

read more...
    0 7
    • zebramoth75
      RexBeckett Hi, have you installed the UMC driver on your PC? When correctly installed, it will appear in Windows Device Manager, Sound, video and game controllers as Behringer UMC 204HD 192kHz. It will also appear in the list of Windows Sound Recording and Playback devices.

You can get the driver by clicking on Software on the right of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BK0

Scroll down the list to find UMC Driver 4.59.0 (for Windows 7 to 10).
      • Feb 15
      • How to get Windows machine to recognize Behringer UMC202HD as audio input
        zebramoth75 Thanks Rex, I did download "All Software (Win)" which seems to include the driver. I just tried downloading the driver by itself, and it said the files are already there. I have tried 2 different computers. One identified it as a game controller, and the other one doesn't seem to find it at all.
        • Feb 15
      • How to get Windows machine to recognize Behringer UMC202HD as audio input
        RexBeckett I think there are a few possibilities:

The correct driver is not installed. Uninstall the UMC, disconnect it, reboot, re-install the driver and reconnect the UMC.

The USB cable is defective or the PC ports are not USB 2.0. Try different ones. Dont use a USB hub.

The UMC is defective. Did it ever work? Is it new? If less than 30 days from purchase, your supplier should be willing to exchange it.
        • Feb 16
Go to page