Statistics

228,166 members
102,992 posts
  • New
    Stimed
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-08

Hi all,

When I put line source to the 6.3mm jack in U-phoria umc22 I can't recorde it. Am I need a program for that? 

Cuz I can recond in the combo xlr input, but nothing in the orher.

0 3
  • New
    ChrisTW13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

I need a simple piece of kit for podcasting and have been recommeneded the 302USB.  My only input will be a mixed analog line level from 6 mono mics through a 1/4" jack and only ouptut the USB to my laptop.  From there I will be streaming live to YouTube (with the addition of the video signal from my webcam).

It appears to me that the UM2 is simpler and should be up to the job, but is there any good reason to choose the 302USB instead?   In particular, is there any difference in quality of the output?

Thanks

read more...
    0 4
    • ChrisTW13
      ChrisTW13 This is a repeat from me (ChrisTW13) who asked the question. Don't know how the system muddled me up with kjackson617!
      • Wed at 3:57 AM
  • New
    kjackson617
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

I need a simple piece of kit for podcasting and have been recommeneded the 302USB.  My only input will be a mixed analog line level from 6 mono mics through a 1/4" jack and only ouptut the USB to my laptop.  From there I will be streaming live to YouTube (with the addition of the video signal from my webcam).

It appears to me that the UM2 is simpler and should be up to the job, but is there any good reason to choose the 302USB instead?   In particular, is there any difference in quality of the output?

Thanks

read more...
    0 6
    • kjackson617
      kjackson617 I posted this question as user ChrisTW13 - don't know why it is showing as kjackson617 - who is he or she?
      • Wed at 3:48 AM
      • Compare UM2 with 302USB
        DavidKnighton Hello Chris, this is a very odd issue and I've brought it to the attention of our admins. We'll try and get this sorted. Apologies for any inconvenience.
        • Wed at 4:03 PM
  • New
    bushwickanalog
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

So I bought a UMC204HD and it's great. However it doesn't send the microphone input over to my pc. It doesn't detect any sound. The headset output works fine. It's only both microhone inputs that do not work on my PC. They do however seem to work if I listen to the microphone on the device itself. 

I've tried updating the drivers and the obsious plugging it in and out. This worked once but the day after it was back to the same problem. And now switching usb ports doesn't even work anymore.

I'm sorry if I did not use the correct terminology, i'm quite new to all of this.

read more...
    0 10
    • bushwickanalog
      Dale_M Hi there can you try another USB cable, another port or even another PC/MAC to see if the issue follows it?
      • Wed at 1:16 AM
    • bushwickanalog
      bushwickanalog

Okay, so i've tried it on my laptop and it does seem to work there. I do want to clarify that the headphones do work on my PC aswell. It is only the microphone that is 'malfunctioning' So even though I cannot confirm it seems unlikely that the usb cable is the culprit.

• Wed at 2:24 AM
    • bushwickanalog
      bushwickanalog

Also as an addition. I just looked at the properties of the UMC204HD 192K device that shows up in the devices manager. When I select the property "date of driver" it sais "20-6-2019" even though I installed the UMC series windows Driver yesterday. I have no clue if this can be the cause of the issue. It does show the same as on my laptop (Just like all other properties). The only difference I can see is after plugging the USB audio interface into my laptop it gets recognised immeadiatly but when I do this on my PC i have to restart before it gets seen by my system.

If it helps I do run voicemeeter on my PC. I don't think this should cause issues but im not sure.

• Wed at 2:48 AM
  • New
    gabriele1971
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-04

I just bought a UMC22 usb interface.

Anyone know if is possibile connect a second microphone on the INST2 port ?

0 4
    • gabriele1971
      DavidKnighton Hello gabriele1971,
      The short answer is no, the input is designed to take signal from an instrument, such as a keyboard, guitar, drum machine, etc. A microphone signal will be too weak and the INST input does not have enough gain to boost the mic to a useable level.
      • Tue at 8:05 AM
  • New
    DonaldGroat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

Hi

I'm looking at getting a set of studio earphones for home recording with my Uphoria UMC404HD interface. I believe the 250 ohm version of the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's are quite good but they require suitable power (usually via an amp) to get the best audio levels.

When running the UMC404HD interface from the mains power supply (i.e. not just powered via usb from my laptop) does anyone know if it can provide enough power for 250 ohm headphones?

Thanks in advance. 
    Donald

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Oiseaubleu21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-02

I just bought a U-Phoria UMC404HD and I would like to know which Software should I use to run with this and to record music and voices. I need a very simple SW, easy to use and to understand. I will use tsi audio interface to broadcast live on facebook from a mixer..

read more...
    0 7
    • Oiseaubleu21
      Nigel67 Hi Oiseaubleu21. If you register your UMC with us, then you receive a free registration code for Traktion software. You can register your product by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. In the new window that opens, scroll down and click on the Product Registration tab. Submit the form and you will receive an automated e-mail back from us with confirmation of your registration and the Traktion code. If you do not receive the Traktion code, reply to me on this post with the ticket number and I will arrange the code for you. Another free software you could try is Audacity, but there are various other as well. Probably searching the internet for reviews will help you further. Many thanks
      • May 2
    • Oiseaubleu21
      Oiseaubleu21

Thanks. I did find it and it works great. Thanks again.

• Mon at 2:54 PM
  • New
    jagerlager
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-29

Hello ! maybe you can help... I'm currently using the UCA 202 interface with the Xenyx X2442USB mixer. I mostly create drum cover videos but am looking more to record original music. my board feeds a laptop that is currently using audacity. Im looking for more channels into my laptop via usb. 4 channels needed is my minimum, eight is my max. I need to monitor drumless tracks or previously recorded tracks with a channel out of my laptop via usb at the same time as recording into my laptop via usb. The UCA 202 is perfect for this with its 2 in/ 2 out ,  would the U-PHORIA UMC404HD allow me to do this ? or is does it not have the "out of computer" in addition to the 4 into computer ? Also, I will be sub mixing Snare, kick, toms, cymbals and sending them by line out of the board into the interface. do the balanced mic inputs also work as line ins ? 

thank you very much !

read more...
    0 7
    • jagerlager
      RexBeckett Hello jagerlager, yes the UMC404HD can monitor USB Returns from the computer. The Mix control allows adjustment of the monitor mix of live inputs and USB playback 1/2.

The inputs are combi connectors which will take either XLR or TRS/TS jack. The XLR inputs will work with line-level inputs if the Pad button is pressed in.

If you want eight inputs, take a look at the UMC1820.
      • Apr 29
  • New
    Tozarino1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-29

Please be of help to me to Register this device... Thank u

1 13
  • New
    ldersch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-28

Hi all!

My UMC404HD had been working well under Big Sur with an M1 MBP until I made the update to 11.3 yesterday. Now I'm having short drop-outs randomly. This is not a DAW issue as it affects the system audio as well. Any thoughts? Thanks

read more...
    0 15
    • ldersch
      NicJonesMT Hi Idersch.
      Can you test it with an alternative computer and confirm if you get the same dropouts?
      The only other things I can recommend would be to swap out your cable, and use an alternative port (Ensure any Power save settings are disabled).

If that doesnt work then please submit a tech support ticket and we can then assist you further.
      • Apr 29
Go to page