Statistics

196,675 members
67,302 posts
  • New
    2020-11-24

Hello Team,

I am aa newbie in this technology (and considering buying a UMC204HD) so my question might sound silly:

As I see this product has MIDI in/out.

Does it also contain a MIDI controller, ot is just transfers the MIDI signals from the classical midi connectors through USB to the PC?

Thanks for your support in advance!

read more...
    0 9
    • Gabor Halmos
      Rex Beckett Hello Gabor, the UMC204HD includes a Midi/USB interface. This allows it to be used to connect DIN Midi devices to a PC. It has no Midi controller functionality.
      • Tue at 1:37 AM
      • UMC204HD MIDI
        Gabor Halmos Hello Rex, thanks for the very clear answer! That's what I suspected. Have a great day!
        • Tue at 1:56 AM
  • New
    2020-11-20

Buen dia.

Adquirimos una interfaz de audio umc 22, para hacer una transmision en vivo. mi situación es con respecto a que necesitamos una voz y un intrumento, al momento de conectar los dos puertos de la interfaz, el del instrumento no suena bien, el sonido es inetrmietente, no es claro y pareciera que tubiera un delay.

si me pueden ayudar, les agradecesria

garcias

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    2020-11-17

Anyone ever get the um2 audio interface to record on a chromebook?

0 9
    • james haun
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi James, please be aware that the UM2 will be able to interface with any PC or MAC when connected directly via USB 2.0 ports
      • Nov 18
  • New
    2020-11-16

I have a U-Phoria UMC404HD. Recently moved it to a new PC with Windows 10. I've downloaded UMC-Driver_4-59-0 and it only recognizes channels one and three. Using Cakewalk, I go to Edit/Preferences and see "UMC ASIO Driver in 1", "UMC ASIO Driver in 3", both checked off, and a greyed-out "ASIO4ALL v2 in 3-4 1". What does all that mean and how can I use all four inputs? Thanks!

read more...
    0 6
    • James Davis
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi James, please confirm that you are connecting the unit via USB 2.0 port directly to your computer. Please also confirm how you have set up the unit on your System Preferences, specially the sample rate on your computer and after please confirm the assignment on the Cakewalk. Please follow the link below to assist you on the set up of this unit. https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/11957-u-phoria-umc404hd-interface-behringer/
      • Nov 17
      • Driver issues
        James Davis In my system settings, I can select either 1-2 OR 3-4 as input and output devices - not both. And this doesn't match with Cakewalk allowing only 1 or 3. The UMC 404HD worked great on my previous computer but has been an issue since I moved it to the new one.
        • ·
        • Nov 18
      • Driver issues
        James Davis And I am connecting via USB 2.0 port - I've tried it in several of the ports and no change.
        • Nov 18
      • Driver issues
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi James have you tried to selected on Cakewalk 1 or 3? As that is the same as select 1-2 or 3-4 . Please follow the link below to assist you on setting up your unit with Cakewalk https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/11957-u-phoria-umc404hd-interface-behringer/
        • Nov 18
  • New
    2020-11-14

I use my UMC404HD mainly as a "sound card" for my Windows machine.  It sends signal to two powered JBL 305P MkII monitors.

I went to my PC today and noticed that it didn't detect my UMC, so I unplugged the USB cable from the back of my PC and reconnected it.  It was detected, but I couldn't hear anything.  After maxing a lot of the volume settings, I finally heard it, but it wasn't nearly as loud as it used to be.

I guess my question is less of a "is my unit failing" and more of a "what is the standard settings" so that I can adjust the Windows volume and still have plenty of "wiggle room"?

As of now, I have Windows volume at 100% (everything, including Chrome, System sounds, etc.), the UMC's MIX knob is at 100% (fully CW), and the MAIN OUT is at 50% (noon).  The JBLs are also both set at approximately 50% (noon).

I've never set this up in any other environment, so I have no idea what is considered normal.  Is it normal for me to max everything out (UMC + JBLs)?

Windows 10 Pro 20H2
    UMC Driver 4.59.0
    Connected via USB 2.0
    UMC powered with PSU

read more...
    0 11
    • KyleDaley
      Rex Beckett Hi Kyle, the UMC404HD does not have a very high maxmum output level. It will require the gain controls on speakers to be set quite high. It is normal to set PC output volumes to 100% when using digital interfaces. I would set the speaker gains up and use the UMCC404HD Main Out control to adjust the volume.
      • Nov 14
      • UMC404HD USB Output Volume
        KyleDaley Rex, this is the perfect, succinct type of answer I needed. Thank you VERY much.
        • ·
        • Nov 16
      • UMC404HD USB Output Volume
        Rex Beckett You are welcome, Kyle. Thanks for the feedback.
        • Nov 16
  • New
    2020-11-13

Hi all,

Purchased a UMC404HD in March for pandemic livestreaming with my organization. Almost daily since then we have run a wireless lapel mic receiver directly into the interface via XLR cable. We then use OBS to stream to Facebook.

Ever since first setting this up, with the gain set to zero on the #1 input, the mic was essentially muted. No sound came through and OBS did not register any noise on the volume indicator. This changed the other day.

I went to use it like any other day and suddenly OBS is picking up the mic even with the gain knob set to zero. I've tried it with two mics - the wireless lapel, and a hardwired mic run through a soundboard that we have also used almost daily since March, and the same thing happens.

When I turn the gain knob up from zero I do get increased gain, but for some reason it has started picking it up with quite a bit of gain when the knob as at zero.

I have double checked all my OBS settings, which are unchanged, I have checked my computer settings which are likewise unchanged, and I have checked that nothing has changed on the interface.

This happens regardless of which input the XLR cable goes to.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

read more...
    0 16
    • Colin Nottelling
      Rex Beckett Hi Colin, the input gain controls on the UMC404HD do not have an off setting. The controls range from minimum gain to maximum gain. Is it possible that, during your first tests, you had the Pad button pressed? This reduces the gain by about 20dB so, at minimum gain, it could appear to be off.
      • Nov 13
      • UMC404HD outputting sound with gain set at zero
        Colin Nottelling Thanks for the reply, Rex.

It's possible I had Pad enabled, though I think unlikely. I use the Behringer several times a week and occasionally take it out of the church to use for a Podcast. I will admit that I don't really know what PAD does so I've made sure not to enable it in the past.

I'll double check and maybe even see if Pad could help our current predicament.

What I find most odd, after testing it again last night, is that the audio at gain zero even for the wireless mic plugged directly into the interface comes through at a 'normal' volume. I could livestream with the gain at zero and people would hear me just fine. It's almost as if 40% gain became 0% gain.
        • Nov 14
        Rex Beckett It confuses a lot of people, Colin. Minimum Gain does not mean zero signal. This is different to Level controls where the fully anti-clockwise settings usually does mean zero signal (sometimes marked as minus infinity). The gain controls on virtually all audio mixers and preamps behave this way - they don't have off positions - just minimum gain.
        • ·
        • Nov 14
        Colin Nottelling Right, something I didn't quite get before this.

Just not clear why for 8 months zero gain meant the mic wouldn't be heard and suddenly it does.
        • Nov 16
  • New
    2020-11-13

I set up account and verified and filled out registration. Haven't received any followup email from site since verifying account. Was there some etended warnty and sometihg called Traction supposed to come with registration? By the way, this site is not easy to use for getting the info needed, like other companies products. Why is that, Behringer?

read more...
    0 7
    • Thomas Gates
      Chris Edwards Hi Thomas, upon registering your product you should have received a case number. You should have received an email confirming this or alternatively, it can be found by going to support at the top of the page and going into 'Care Portal'. Could you please confirm this number for me and i will check on the current status of your case and resend any emails.

Please also check your spam and junk folders as occasionally replies do route to these locations.
      • Nov 15
  • New
    2020-11-12

I was trying to use VB-Audio VoiceMeeter to allow me to use 3 microphones with Zoom Conferencing, as Zoom only sees audio from Input 1.  

I'm getting a little bit close as VoiceMeeter sees audio on inputs 1 & 3.  Does anybody have an suggestions on how combine the audio from 3 inputs back into Zoom conferencing?  This is also an issue with Microsoft teams as well.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 15
    • Jarred DuQuette
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Jarred you have not mentioned what unit are you referring to, but I presume that this is related to one of our sound cards. In regard to your question please be aware that our unit were developed to be used via the drivers to interact with DAW while the is Audio Mixer Application with a Virtual Audio Device and this will create a confit as our sound cards are designed and developed for that purpose. Unfortunately I have to conclude that the integration that you are attempting will not be possible except if you replace the Audio Mixer Application for a common DAW and them route the DAW but still you would need to face the issue of how to route the signal form the output of the DAW to ZOOM. This is simply out of the scope of our UMC line. Thank you
      • Nov 13
    • Jarred DuQuette
      Jarred DuQuette I got it working by installing the older driver 4.38. I am now able to receive audio from all 4 inputs into voicemeeter and then feed that audio to zoom. I have a UMC404HD.
      • Nov 13
  • New
    2020-11-09

I just got a second x-air-18 and transferred the mixer setup on my original x-air 18 from my Ipad to the new one and for some reason the usb connection is not being seen on my mac.  I tried initializing the xair and just plugging the usb into the mac and it still doesn't see it whereas my original x-air is seen by the mac immediately.  The only difference between the 2 x-airs is that the second x-air has a newer firmware 1.14.  Could that be the issue?  My original x-air is 1.12.  I'm running 10.13.6 on my mac and refuse to upgrade to latest OS.

read more...
    0 14
    • Peter Wetzler
      Nigel Turner Hi Peter, I am surprised that the MAC isn't seeing the XR18 as a USB device, however it is running quite an old version so there could be incompatibilities. Would you like me to see if I can find an old version 1.12 and send it to you. That way we can definitely determine whether it is software or hardware on the XAIR-18
      • Nov 8
      • USB connection to Mac is not recognized from my  Behringer Xair-18
        Peter Wetzler yes please! I just connected it to my MacBook pro with the latest MacOS and it did recognize the new air so it must be something in the newer firmware. Can I also get a link to how to install the older firmware onto it?
        • ·
        • Nov 9
    • Peter Wetzler
      Peter Wetzler Hi again: I didn't get a confirmation from the system that my last thread was received so I'm just reaching out again. I'm not sure where you are located. Its 4:30AM here and perhaps nobody is up? Looking forward to hearing from you
      • Nov 9
      • USB connection to Mac is not recognized from my  Behringer Xair-18
        Nigel Turner I have e-mailed you the firmware
        • Nov 10
  • New
    2020-11-07

Trying to register a product bought through Amazon - what proof of purchase can I attach?

0 19
    • Jacob Grice
      Gary Higgins Click on your orders in Amazon, select that product, select invoice, take a screenshot or photo of it. Attach that in the appropriate spot in product registration here. Should work.
      • Nov 7
    • Jacob Grice
      Jacob Grice Thanks Gary!
      • Nov 7
Go to page