Statistics

249,686 members
126,736 posts
  • New
    PaulSpaanderman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-31

Dear Engineer, 

The outputs of the UMC202HD is realized by 2 Jack 6.3 mm plugs. Are these outputs balanced or not?

The input circuit allows switching between Line and Instrument. Does this mean it switches between Jack and XLR?

In case you can provide some part of the schematics related to the first question it would be nice to know how the switching circuit and input stage before the amp looks like.

THank you.

Best regards,

Paul

I can be emailed to [email protected]

read more...
    0 17
    • PaulSpaanderman
      PaulSpaanderman Sorry the schematics related to the second question would be nice not the first. Thank you
      • Aug 31
    • PaulSpaanderman
      Dale_M I am sorry but we do not share schematics with non partners.
      • Aug 31
    • PaulSpaanderman
      PaulSpaanderman I can understand but can you just answer the questions? Thank you
      • Sep 1
    • PaulSpaanderman
      PaulSpaanderman By the way, I do not ask for all the schematics but only the input secretary related to the line/Instrument switching. When you can explain it without drawings no problem but I could imagine a simple hand drawing would be fine.
      • Sep 1
      • UMC202HD
        PaulSpaanderman Sorry Circuit not Secretary (nice automatic corrections)
        • Sep 1
    • PaulSpaanderman
      Dale_M

The QSG states TRS 1/4" jacks, tip, ring, sleeve so yes these will be balanced. The combination xlr/jack sockets can take either of these inputs so the circuit responds to whatever is plugged in.
      • Sep 1
      • UMC202HD
        PaulSpaanderman Dear Dale, Thank you. With regards to the XLR/Jack input: Is the switch hard wired switching between the XLR and the Jack inputs? How is the debounce covered in that case / What is the switch electrically doing? Can I assume that I just connect an unbalanced source and by that ground the negative signal input pin? Thank you
        • Sep 1
  • New
    wrzkace13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-30

was looking for threads or you tube links to video tutorials on  using and how to route. Effects using. Bus and effects channels thank. I get how to use the compressor ,gate , eq. On each channel  but the  not sure how to route the reverb if I wanted to route to each channel  thank you 

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    ChrisHaizlip
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-24

I recently purchased a UM2 and the instrument input works fine, but tracks recorded with the microphone sound very low and distorted, almost pitch shifted.  Has anyone else had this problem?  It's not a low volume issue, it makes the voice sound very deep.

read more...
    0 23
    • ChrisHaizlip
      Nigel67 Hi ChrisHaizlip. You mention that the recorded audio of the microphone sounds low. What happens if you plug a pair of headphones into the UM2 and press the Direct Monitor switch? Does the mic signal still sound distorted? If you take the switch out, does it sound the same or distorted? The clip light isn't coming on? You have the sample rates set up the same? Are you using Windows 10 or Mac. If Windows 10 do you have the ASIO driver installed? If the audio sounds fine on the UM2 headphones, if you are using Windows, in the Sounds - Recording - Properties (of the UM2 device) - Listen panel, you have the ability to listen to the audio via the computer headphones socket as it is coming into the computer (Listen to this device). See if the audio is distorted there as well. If you try a Line input source, is that also distorted from that input? Can you try another microphone?
      • Aug 24
  • New
    ifitsoundsgood
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-24

I have a UMC204HD but this should be relatable to any UMC interface with "insert" points on the back. How exatly are they wired? Can I use these as just balanced outputs? If not, is the only way to get 4 outputs on the 204 by using RCA connections-thereby making them unbalanced?

read more...
    0 17
    • ifitsoundsgood
      WilliamR Hello, the main outs will send all playback out left and right. If you want to send individual outs you can use the rca outs to send for independent outputs. The inserts are used as a send and return for input 1 and input 2 for outboard effects.
      • Aug 24
  • New
    Avramonthebeat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-23

Hola, Buen dia tengo una interfaz de audio behriger umc 204 con fallas, la abri y estube midiendo continuidad y me di cuenta que el componente que esta fallando es el L9 no pude reconocer que componente es exactamente a simple vista para poder repararla, ¿alguien sabe que componente es este?

read more...
    0 24
  • New
    Tvaaker96
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-22

Hello,

we are using a XR18 air for recording in our band. When using input 1 and 2, do you have to disengage/engage or alter the XR18 pre amp when using a microphone in front of your guitar amp instead of connecting your guitar direct into the XR18 input 1 or 2? Does it make any difference if your using a XLR or 1/4 plug?

Thankful for every advise.

read more...
    0 18
    • Tvaaker96
      GaryHiggins No special settings by you, other than adjust the analog gain if needed. I've done both methods there, I would say the ideal would be to use a direct box rather than guitar directly in. That said, I rarely do and usually go in directly. I have had enough preamp control to adjust the signal as needed-I am also a bit lazy and never prepared for the moment inspiration hits...thus I just plug in my acoustic/electric and go. A mic on the other hand may need different gain settings so that part needs checking out .
      • Aug 22
  • New
    Buogo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-21
    hello, 1 year ago i bought an audio interface (behring u-phoria umc-202hd), i only used it for headphones all this time. This week I put in a microphone and it started to make a hiss, I changed all the cables and still continued, I tested the interface with the microphone on another computer and the hiss continued. Today I bought a Roland System 1, put it on the audio card using 2 p10 cables, and the hiss continued. Please someone help me?!
    read more...
    0 20
    • Buogo
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Buogo, if you have not yet done so could you please submit a Technical support ticket? This can be done by going to support at the top of this page and scrolling to the relevant tab.
      Doing this will allow us to gather better information on your setup to advise further on the matter.
      • Aug 20
  • New
    BassBeat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-15

Hi there,

I am a hobbyist musician/songwriter and I would like to record some demos.

I purchased a second hand (unused) Mixer, Behringer XENIX X2442USB

All connections are proper, also the USB, i have sound on my amp/speakers, but nothing happened on my Mac. No detecting the mixer.

Do I need some installing software or drivers to make him running. Or do I need an editing application/program ?

Where can I get this ? I would be very thankfull if someone could help me to make this machine running on my iMac.

Thanks, Jan 

read more...
    0 23
  • New
    gelito
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-13

Hola. Adquirí hace poco esta interfaz de audio junto con el preamplificador Ultragain Pro, aparatos con los que en principio estoy contento. Sin embargo, no logro descubrir por qué no puedo escucharme por ambos lados de los auriculares sino sólo por uno, lo cual es muy incómodo para practicar voice over, por ejemplo. Lamento decir que este hecho no me pasa si utilizo otra interfaz que tengo de otra marca. Me he descargado de vuestra página la última versión del driver USB, pero tampoco lo consigo. Por favor, ruego me digáis qué puedo hacer. Gracias y un saludo.

read more...
    0 24
    • gelito
      NicJonesMT Hi Gelito.
      This is correct behaviour of the unit.
      The inputs are hard wired to each output (Input 1 to Left, Input 2 to Right) when Direct monitoring.
      If you monitor from the software you are using you will be able to pan it.
      Some of our larger interfaces (such as the UMC404HD) have a Mono switch for direct monitoring, which will allow you to hear all inputs from both sides of the headphones.
      • Aug 14
  • New
    rinegroni
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-11

I was hoping for someone to be able to shed some light on exactly what the Title/Subject/Topic is referencing; using multiple UMC (Uphoria) interfaces simultaneously with Ableton Live 10. I'm using a PC with Windows 10. I've gone a few years using the UMC1820 with an ADA8200 and it has worked wonderfully... even in extreme heat and cold. I've always only used ASIO4ALL with no problems. I noticed there were some new drivers from Behringer, so I downloaded them last week. Immediately after downloading the new software, ASIO4ALL was no longer useable. It doubles up(repeats/duplicates) one input as another input AND while it's doing that, it naturally leaves some of the other inputs out(basically, I'll end up having duplicates of the same channel/track/input, and then obviously missing a few of my other inputs all together since it's taking up some of these other spots and replacing them with the duplicates) I'm not doing anything differently than I was before I downloaded the new drivers.

...Anyway, the new Behringer drivers work flawlessly, so I'm not too heart broken about not being able to use ASIO4ALL, but is that the only driver available to connect multiple interfaces at the same time? I was never even able to try multiple interfaces at the same time, and it seems like the only way to do that is with ASIO4ALL, but like I said; I can't know for sure since I never got to try it out.

What I want to do is connect my ADA8200 to my 1820 like I always have, and then send the USB feed from the 1820 to one USB connection on my conputer while having my UMC404HD connected into another USB connector on my computer. Is this doable with Ableton and the UMC lineup? Has anyone tried this? Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 38
    • rinegroni
      PedroRodrigues Hi rinegroni, thank you for your post, please consider that effectively the new drivers are specifically to be used on the more recent operating systems, when these new drivers are installed the previous Drivers must be un-installed. Please consider that it is not possible to have a UMC1820 and a UMC 404HD connected to the same computer and use it with a DAW, in the case of the UMC1820 and the ADA8200, the UMC1820 is the main sound card and the ADA8200 will operate as an extender that offers more routing. When it comes to the configuration process for your ADA8200 with UMC 1820 please follow below to submit an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team so we can help you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=Behringer
      Thank you
      • Aug 12
Go to page