Statistics

268,233 members
147,790 posts
  • New
    VmusicV
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-03

Hi,

There is a growing number of guitar players using or trying out iOS (iPad/iPhone) as their "rig". Sure... it's a young market, but it's very much growing. Apps like Amplitube (oldest), TH-U, Bias Fx and others have gathered a lot of attention. In addition to these there are apps like AUM and Audiobus that you can create fx chains with as well. 

PROBLEM SPACE: Real functional audio interfaces. 

Currently TC Helicon has the 'GO' series (GO SOLO, GO GUITAR PRO, GO SOLO). To be honest these are pretty much copies of IK Multimedia's product - and these are only 'mildly' useful. 

What's functional?   Well..... if I am a guitar player trying to use my iPad as my pedalboard, then there's a strong chance I am going to use/need a MIDI controller so I can change presets, turn a virtual fx pedal on/off, change fx, etc. In addition, nearly ever pedalboard has an expression pedal for whatever purpose (volume, wah, etc.)

There is one company that I know of (XSonic) that makes an audio interface for iOS in a 'pedal' or pedal-like device. It's called the Xtone. It runs on 9V like all other pedals, and it provides BOTH audio and MIDI to the iOS via a USB cable. The concept is VERY COOL. I have one......... however....... this company isn't or does't have a great design team and/or quality control. The foot switch on their 'pedal' only send a MIDI signal on release of the switch rather than on press. There's no way to change that. There's a lot of other little things (like all foot switches, both front and back are the same height). 

I realize the GO SOLO product does have both an audio and MIDI input.... however think of how awkward it is connecting both a guitar and MIDI cable from a foot controller to it. And if you're out gigging like where..... are you supposed to put this GO SOLO device?  Set it on your lap?

YES.... there are LOTS of guitar players who aren't giving up their pedalboards, or their multi-fx processors (Kemper, Axe, Line 6 Helix, etc.) ...... but as amp modeling and tone capture improves; there is no question the number of guitar players using iOS will absolutely grow. A lot of guitar players use or store their songs on the iPad (software like OnSong, etc.) - so they're taking an iPad to the gig anyway.

Here's your chance TC Helicon. You have the electronics for the audio interface already - put it in a pedal 

• sends audio and MIDI to the iOS device via a single USB cable
    • has stereo outs (signal is returned from the iOS device)
    • runs on 9V like other pedals
    • has MIDI IN and OUT - so I can really use my own MIDI controller and expression pedals
    • 'may have' an expression pedal jack ::: or two
    • if it has any foot switches to send MIDI signals (IF) ....  makes sure the rear or back foot switches are taller

You can look at the Xtone products to get an idea. 

2022 - the year of the iOS pedalboard

Go TC, Go!!!

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    Caleymj
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

Hi Musictribers I have recently bought a TC Helicon Harmony V60 amplifier. Can anyone who has one of these tell me how to connect it to an ipad Pro using the computer output USB on the amplifyer to the USB C port on the ipad. I just want to record my output from the amplifier on to the ipad do I need to buy an audio interface in addition or is there a way to connect and record through garageband without an interface ?

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    CarsonsDaily
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-21

Just recently the LED displays at the top of my Go-XLR have quit displaying any icons and are just illuminated squares. I have double checked to make sure the software is set up with the right configuration and the dosplays are still just solid colors and no longer have any icons displayed. I have owned for less than a year.

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    Etuldan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-04

Due to DMCA on streams with music, a nice feature on OBS is to be able to send music only only for the live track, and not for the VOD one.

To achieve this, the current usage on GoXLR routine table to disable "Music" for the "Broadcast Stream Mix", and add the "Music" input on OBS.

But, the music input in OBS will be 'listened' before any GoXLR processing, particularly the volume and mute button.

A nice feature would be to have a new output, let call it "Broadcast Stream Mix - Live Only" on GoXLR, so user could route music to this one. And listen to this new output on OBS.

read more...
    0 12
    • Etuldan
      NicJonesMT Hi Etuldan.
      I will pass this information over to the Dev team and see if this can be looked into.
      • December 6, 2021
  • New
    bish1979
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-02

Hi, so i recently purchased a GoXLR mini and so far so good except one really strrange thing.

In OBS and the windows audio objects in general the sliders and mute do not affect the sound volume.  They work fine for line out and headphone though.  

For example the System slider is mapped to one input in OBS however when i mute system on the GoXLR it only mutes for the speakers (line out) and headphones not the System device on the audio control pannel in windows or the OBS channel that is mapped to that device.

Has anyone seen this?  I have compared settings with a friend with the same device and he does not get the same result (we have the same settings as far as we can tell from our discussions).

read more...
    0 21
  • New
    BabylonCome
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-19

Hi all,

I'm new here so please forgive me if I have asked this in the wrong place or this problem has already been solved. I have done a search and I cannot find a solution to this problem.

My problem is related to analouge inputs on my USB devices making the sound stutter on my GoXLR Mini. For example, in general use while editing videos, music playback, surfing the web/viewing YouTube I have no issues what so ever. Even playing games that require no analouge inputs. However, as soon as I start to play games that us TrackIR/VR/joysticks then when ever I move my head (trackIR/VR) or move the joystick (flight sims), then all sound channels start to stutter with constant drop outs. This includes system, chat mic and main mic. As soon as I stop all inputs, the sound will return to normal until I move my head again.

I have even moved the GoXLR onto my PCIe USB C card so that it is on a dedicated bus lane, but the problem still happens.

My system is as follows:

Ryzen 5900X
    Asus TUF X570 mobo with 32Mb RAM (DDR4)
    Asus Strix 3080

I do have about 12 USB devices (keyboards, mouse, Stream Deck) but they are spread over the 4 x USB 3 ports on the mobo with the exception of the GoXLR which is not on the PCIe card. My Quest 2 is on the USB3.1 bus on the mobo.

Any help please would be great..

read more...
    0 6
    • BabylonCome
      PedroRodrigues Hi BabylonCome, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest to submit an assistance request directly to our Tech Support Team via the Link below so we can assist you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCHelicon Thank you
      • November 21, 2021
    • BabylonCome
      BabylonCome

An update... I've spread my USB devices around to include putting the TrackIR and Warthog joystick on different busses but still no joy, the constant audio drop outs in both DCS and Arma 3 are still present. So I have solved this problem by simply throwing the GoXLR in the bin where it belongs and going back to using the on-board audio jacks... no more audio drop outs...

• November 29, 2021
  • New
    Prennie
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-12

Go Pro red light continually blinking. Recording with low volume. Adjusted mixer and swapped cables however, no change. Help

0 10
    • Prennie
      PedroRodrigues Hi Prennie, thank you for your post, please confirm that you are using a USB MINI 10-PIN and if you are connecting the unit to a IPAD/IPHONE, please confirm that the batteries or external DC POWER supply are also used. Thank you
      • November 14, 2021
    • Prennie
      Prennie

USB mini. iPhone. External DC power.

• November 14, 2021
  • New
    MichaelPirtle
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-01

We are a studio that has been working from home through the pandemic and are getting back into the studio now.  There are things that our talent has been able to do at home that they want to bring back into the studio on their return, such as the functionality of the GoXLR.  

In our studio environment, we need their microphones to go not just into their PCs but also into a main mixer for streaming.  Can the line output on the GoXLR be adapted to send out the effected mic signal and the SFX but not the audio from the PC?

read more...
    0 16
    • MichaelPirtle
      PedroRodrigues Hi MichaelPirtle, thank you for your post, unfortunately that is not possible, the GOXLR output is done via 1/8" TRS, stereo, so you would not be able to separate the signal . Thank you
      • November 2, 2021
  • New
    tdarcy1124
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

I have a GoXLR. It resets every time I reboot my computer and doesn't recognize the saved profiles even exist (it's blank in the app when I search for them, but there when I check in normal Windows explorer). 

0 38
    • tdarcy1124
      NicJonesMT Hi Tdarcy.
      Sorry to hear about this.
      Have you checked the location where the profiles are stored?
      In the app if you go to SYSTEM > GLOBAL SETTINGS you will be able to see the location.
      Please check that the profiles are located in here.

Alternatively you could try moving them to a new location and changing the location in the Global settings menu. Could you please try this and confirm if you have the same issue?
      • October 27, 2021
  • New
    Amozz86
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-23

Hi all,

im hoping someone can help me. I just bought a tc helicon go twin so that I can use bias tc on my iPhone at home to practice guitar. I'm about to take it back for a refund as the input distorts when even when the gain is set as low as it can go. When I plug my guitar into another interface of mine this doesn't happen. It's pretty significant distortion and just general tone loss. Am I doing something wrong? I have had a similar problem with an irig pro duo which I believe the go twin is copying. Any help would be appreciated. 

read more...
    0 10
    • Amozz86
      PedroRodrigues Hi Amozz86, please make sure that you are using a USB MINI 10-PIN to connect your unit to your phone the supplied 10-PIN USB-A to USB mini cable will not work with an Apple camera connect kit to IPAD/IPHONE unless the batteries or external DC POWER supply are also used, please also consider that you must connect your guitar using a TS cable and please take in to account that the input on your unit accepts an Impedance value of approx 470 kΩ.
      • October 24, 2021
Go to page