Statistics

251,054 members
128,284 posts
  • New
    w1r3d
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-20

Hi,

I have just purchased a Goxlr and I am trying to set it up for the first time.

I have set the Goxlr System as default but when I move the slider on the goxlr it does not change the level of sound to my speakers when playing system sounds

Have I missed something?

read more...
    0 76
    • w1r3d
      PedroRodrigues Hi w1r3d please confirm how do you have assigned the respective fader on your profiles as you can see below
      • Apr 20
  • New
    uru
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-19

I have a set of Samson C02 condenser microphones. When I plug one of them into my GoXLR Mini I get this noise.

I only get it when 48V is on(Condenser duh.) The sound in the file shows itself with 48V on and gain turned up pretty far in the software(60+ dBish.) I get it with both microphones in the set.

I get it when the GoXLR mini is plugged in the back of my PC, when it's plugged into the front pannel, when it's connected through a powered USB hub and even when it's connected to my wife's laptop. So I'm starting to think it's not my PC.

I do not get it if I plug in a dynamic microphone, even if I switch on 48V for no reason. 

I do not get it when I connect a dynamic microphone via a Cloudlifter, despite this device requiring 48V to add the extra gain.

I do not get this sound with the same microphones but another audio interface that is also bus powered(Roland Quad Capture)

Eternally greatful for any input anyone may have. At first I thought it was some sort of grounding issue with USB in my computer, but when the issue also cropped up testing with the wife's laptop my suspicions went elsewhere. Unfortunately these two Samson mics are the only condenser mics in the house right now. I tested with two different dynamic mics.

read more...
    0 156
    • uru
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Have you tried a different USB cable yet?
      • Apr 19
    • uru
      uru Yes. Two different cables, both of them with ferrite chokes on the type B end
      • Apr 19
    • uru
      WilliamR

Could you click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket so we can help you further? This may be a hardware issue that needs to be serviced.

• Apr 19
    • uru
      uru

Thanks I'll do that

• Apr 20
  • New
    Mustibaz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-01

Hey,

i have one 1 question.

i have the TC HELICON GO XLR and there is a Problem.

everytime when im starting the Hardtune on the Board is there sometimes a sound bug.

with my voice sounds like Pikachu.

and i want to ask u why it is like that :)

Thank u ahead.

read more...
    0 96
  • New
    Direk666
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

Hello! I currently need help configure my goxlr to live stream on bigo. I already can hear music and mic on my earphones. Problem is there is no music coming out of the livestream. Usb on pc. Wired input on phone. Mic on xlr input. That's my current setup. 

read more...
    0 77
    • Direk666
      PedroRodrigues Hi Direk666 please consider that the GOXLR was designed to be interfaced with a computer as it requires the drivers for a stable operation. Please interface the unit with a computer. Thank you
      • Mar 17
  • New
    itzmildttv
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-19

Just started having this issue today with my GoXLR Mixer. After not using it for a few days, I booted up my PC and got everything set up, I noticed a hissing static sound coming from the GoXLR when my headphones were plugged inot the proper port. I unplugged anything that could be causing interference with the Mixer, but the hissing was still there. After trying everything imaginable to try and fix this issue, the GoXLR suddenly would not turn on. I believe the issue was the power supply plug as i tried plugging the XLR into multiple wall outlets and nothing would make it turn back on. Is there anyway that this GoXLR would be able to be replaced and if so, how would I go about doing that

read more...
    0 172
    • itzmildttv
      WilliamR Hello, William from Musictribe here. Please click the support link at the top of this page and create a tech support ticket and someone can help you with this ASAP.
      • Feb 19
  • New
    AndreasUthmann
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-13

Hi, I would like to record with Cubase Elements on a PC. I intend to sing and play acoustic guitar through VL3X and directly go into the computer. Currently, I have taken the two output channels from VL3X and put them into my Scarlet 18i8 which goes into the Computer with Cubase on it. It works. The voice sounds well. But the guitar does not sound well. It is quite "thin" and sounds "differently" from what is e.g. coming out of the headphones. I have no effects plugged in in my cubase. It should record the incoming signal without any "enhancements". 

Is there any way to take a smarter approach? Use the Audio function of VL3X?

I am happy for any advice (that will save me time).

Thanx in advance!

Andreas

read more...
    0 79
    • AndreasUthmann
      PedroRodrigues Hi AndreasUthmann, please consider that the VL3X performs a ADC like your sound card therefor if you set up your signal as you mentioned you will suffer form over signal conversion and will have several issues on the signal arriving to your DAW. My suggestion is to connect your VL3X directly to your computer via USB.This is established through the USB-mini port in the back of your VoiceLive 3 connect that to your computer using the included USB cable, same as you would for a firmware update. User-added image. USB audio in VoiceLive 3 only supports 2 channels
      This means you unfortunately cannot do crazy multi-tracking with simultaneous separated auxiliary, backing track, stereo vocal, and stereo guitar channels. But we have included multiple modes for different uses to make the most of these 2 channels.
      There are three different input modes for VoiceLive 3 to receive USB audio from your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Input tab under the USB Mode parameter:

STEREO USB audio from your computer is received with its panning intact, as a stereo signal. Incoming USB audio competes with the backing track player (Extreme only), and levels can be edited in the VoiceLive 3's "Mix" menu. USB output back to your computer is locked to a full stereo mix (wet vocals and wet guitar together)
      DAW TRACKING Incoming USB audio is stereo and one-way, as in VoiceLive 3 does not return the USB audio coming from your computer back into the computer
      DAW INSERT For applying VoiceLive 3's effects to dry audio from your computer. USB audio received from your computer is expected to be panned - audio panned left will go through VoiceLive 3s vocal path, and audio panned right will go through VoiceLive 3s instrument path

There are also a couple output modes for how your VoiceLive 3 sends its audio (your vocal and guitar signals) into your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Output tab under the USB Output Mode parameter:

STEREO USB audio output to your computer is a stereo mix of wet vocals and wet guitar
      SAME AS XLR The two left and right USB audio channels (1 and 2 respectively) sending to your computer mimic the two main XLR outputs from the VoiceLive 3
      DRY VOX L / GUITAR R Mono dry vocals are sent to your computer on channel 1, and mono dry guitar is sent to your computer on channel 2

If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono.
      With this setup, audio from your DAW panned left will be fed through VoiceLive 3s vocal path and back out wet in mono to channel 1, and audio from your DAW panned right will be fed through VoiceLive 3s guitar path and back out wet in mono to channel 2.
      On Windows machines, VoiceLive 3 is not compatible with ASIO drivers. We recommend using a native Windows driver like DirectSound, WaveOut, or Wasapi, which of the two gives you the lowest latency.
      If your VoiceLive 3 is not showing up as a selectable audio device in your DAW, please see this page.
      On Mac computers, VoiceLive 3 is class compliant and does not require additional drivers. Please be aware that upon release VoiceLive 3 did not support USB audio, this feature was added in an update (Build 336 - 9/2/2015). If you haven’t already, please use our VoiceSupport 2 application to update your VL3 to the latest available firmware. I hope this helps
      • Feb 17
      • Record in Cubase Elements with signals form VL3X
        AndreasUthmann Thank you, Pedro! I work on windows and my cubase does not recognize the VL3X. I suppose that has to do with the Asio drivers or whatever. (I have the most current firmware.) It still seems somewhat away form a "plug and play solution". I encourage TC Helicon to further work on the audio functions and make it easier (also for windows and without running into latenzy problems). For the time beeing - I am afraid - I will have to work differently. Although I saw a video on youtube which gives a good outlook. He probably works on a mac. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVVWxEuIyz8
        • ·
        • Feb 21
  • New
    goatyplayz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

I can't get my GOXLR to work, I just bought it, I went to the discord to get the best help I could. A few people tried to help troubleshoot but it did not work. My mic is unable to work so the item is basically useless at this time. There is limited support here and I would just like to send it in for service. Can anyone help me?

read more...
    0 74
  • New
    cre5cendo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

When plugging in my headphones to my GO XLR Mini, i hear a constant static/buzzing noise coming through. I know it's not my headphones because they work just fine with other devices. It's not my microphone because I can still hear it even when I unplug the mic. I've tried moving it's position, moving the other electronics away from it, but nothing is working. I've also tried plugging the device into different USB ports on my computer. The static/buzzing seems to go away whenever I put my hands on the microphone or the GO XLR Mini itself for some reason. Please get back to me when you can.

read more...
    0 270
    • cre5cendo
      Mazards Sounds like you might need a Ground Loop Isolater. They are like $12 on amazon and you should plug that in either the headset or microphone line in/out to cancel it out. If I am thinking of what you are talking about.
      • December 29, 2020
    • cre5cendo
      AndreasPeters I have the same issue but not constant. It is some sort of buzzing zirping ( Brzzzt -- tdt tdt tdt) which seems to occur in some irregular periodic time. It is even heard when the mic is unplugged. Any ideas?
      • Mar 6
  • New
    Laller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-25

Hello, where I can buy TC helicon XLR GO in Europe? (except Amazon)

Shops sold out and date unknown of product availablity.

Can you link webshop where I can order still?

Thank you for any help.

0 64
  • New
    JeremiahYim
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-24

Hello! I am currently having an issue with my device, I currently use a transmitter base from steel series for the Artic Pro Wireless and have the "Line In" from the base to the "headphone jack" on the GoXLR. I currently hear white noise or static when I have the transmitter set to aux and no static when set to "pc (which would mean its connected via bluetooth still). Please help! Is it my 3.5mm jack not preventing interference or is it a device, thanks!

read more...
    0 80
    • JeremiahYim
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jeremy, Can you please confirm that you are you using a 1 x 1/8" TRS, stereo to connect your headphones?
      Are you using a headset? If you are please see the connection diagram below:

Please check the video below that will be very useful on this matter:
      https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw" target="_blank" title="https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw">https://youtu.be/7aNajiA_exw
      I would also suggest uninstalling the GO XLR APP and the install the lasted version available version 1.2.3.103 that you will find by following the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK">https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CQK

When it comes to configure the GO XLR instead of showing up in your computer’s operating system as a single device with multiple inputs and outputs, GO XLR shows up in your computer as several different audio sub-devices dedicated to different elements of your overall livestream.
      Sound>Playback Tab These different sub-devices will each appear separately in your PC’s
      Sound>Playback tab:

These Playback sub-devices carry the following types of audio information:
      Chat—voice chat audio from services such as Discord or Skype
      Game—audio from your videogame, such as explosions, special effects sounds, or alert noises that originate inside the game
      Music—audio from music applications running on your computer, such as Spotify, Windows Media Player or iTunes
      Sample—audio that has been sampled in GO XLR plays back into your stream over this channel
      System—this channel serves as a catch-all for when perhaps you have a particular video game that won’t allow you to choose a specific output device
      To set up your audio devices in the Sound>Playback tab, use the right-click option on your mouse to take the following assignments:
      set up the System channel as your overall Default Device
      set the Chat channel as your Default Communications Device Once assigned, the system will add a green check mark and text label to mark each of these devices:

Similar sub-devices also appear in the system Sound>Recording tab in order to make your livestream audio available for recording.
      These Recording sub-devices carry the following types of audio:
      Broadcast Stream Mix—the final stereo mix that contains audio from all sub-devices combined into a single stream
      Chat Mic—audio from your personal chat mic (chosen as the Default Device via the right-click function)
      Sample—sampled audio from GO XLR plays back and can be recorded using this sub-device

Once each of these sub-devices has been set up and assigned to a GO XLR slider, each slider on GO XLR can independently control its assigned audio device.
      Each slider may then be used to adjust that device’s volume within the final livestream stereo mix. To further illustrate this separate-and-mix concept, if you feel that your Chat audio is too loud, you simply reach out to the assigned slider on your GO XLR and move the slider downward to decrease the Chat volume relative to the Game, Music or Sample audio.
      If the Chat audio is too quiet, you can reach out and move the Chat slider up to increase the Chat volume or you may also grab the Game, Music and Sample sliders and move those sliders downward to decrease those sub-devices’ volume relative to the Chat audio.
      As last to avoid an unintentional doubling of your audio, you will need to go into Windows under the Sound>Recording tab and make sure that the Windows “Listen to this device” option is switched off for your designated Default Device.
      The “Listen to this device” option is the internal method by which Windows allows you to monitor audio, but the processing latency inside your PC is slower than GO XLR’s internal audio processing, and so this slight delay inside the PC can create an unintentional doubling of the audio.
      To de-select “Listen to this device,” follow these steps:
      Open the Windows Sound control panel.
      Click on the Recording tab.
      Right-click on your designated Default Device.
      Choose the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
      Choose the “Listen” tab in the Properties pop-up window.
      Find the “Listen to this device” option.
      Make sure “Listen to this device” is UN-CHECKED
      • Jan 7
Go to page