Statistics

254,234 members
131,899 posts
  • New
    salvattore001
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-10

UMC204HD Physical Outputs 1/2 are changed by Windows volume control.

most interfaces doesn't have this behavior, instead only applications volume is controled by windows and not the physical output directly. this is very annoying, specially for ASIO applicaction, as i expect my DAW levels to be independent of windows settings

is there any way of unlinking windows volume and physical outputs? 

read more...
    0 20
    • salvattore001
      Nigel67 Hi salvattore001. Are you describing the option in Sounds - Recording - Device Properties - Levels? If so, I have not come across an Interface where you are not able to adjust the Windows level control. If this is not what you are describing, can you give more information on your set up and where you are adjusting this level so I can look into it further as this is new to me and I have never seen it mentioned before by other users. Many thanks
      • Oct 10
  • New
    hat20271
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-09

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on. I'm running Windows 11 (essentially the same as Windows 10, just a slightly different layout) and trying to use the UMC1820 in 1-10 mode. This works fine when I'm playing 5.1 surround sound audio through MPC-HC and AC3Filter. But when in this mode, online videos refuse to play. If I change it to Out 1-2, then they play but the surround audio only plays in stereo. I've been through every possible combination of windows audio configuration andMPC-HC audio configuration, only to face the same problem time and time again. And yes, i don't have the "device exclusivity" option checked. Is there a workaround for this problem or will it always be the same issue?

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    Volvol
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-09

I need help with my X32.  For whatever reason it is flashing like its trying to turn on but has yet to come fully back on.  

0 6
    • Volvol
      Nigel67 Hi Volvol. I think that your power supply has probably failed and requires servicing. Have you checked that it isn't a faulty mains cable or socket. Please open a ticket to the Service team and they will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Oct 9
  • New
    Opotija
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-09

My system burned out. The wrong power supply was plugged in my system. Can this be fixed?

0 19
    • Opotija
      Nigel67 Hi Opotija. We can certainly give it a go at repairing your unit. Even if it is not possible, the internal pcb could be replaced. Please send in a Service Ticket and we will be able to help you set up a repair. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket.
      • Oct 9
  • New
    StephenWhite68
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-09

Hey

I am using the Behringer UM2 and I have my RD-6 plugged into the MIC/Line 1 input with my TD-3 plugged into the INST 2 channel but I can only see Audio from the MIC/Line 1 input.

I have followed a bunch of tutorials to setup correctly but I cant seem to see why the second channel will not be heard in Ableton

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen

read more...
    0 22
    • StephenWhite68
      PedroRodrigues Hi StephenWhite68, thank you for your post, please consider that the ¼ TRS output on the TD-3 offers an output impedance of 1. 5 kΩ while the Instrument Input on your UM2 offers an impedance of 1 MΩ .

1.5 kΩ = 0.0015 MΩ
      1 MΩ = 1 000 kΩ

This will cause an impedance mismatch that will cause the issue you have reported.
      To be able to manage this impedance mismatch you must use a D.I. please see a few examples for a D.I. below:
      https://www.behringer.com/catalog.html?catalog=Category&category=C-BEHRINGER-DIBOXES-ACTIVEDIBOXES

You must connect the ¼ TRS output on the TD-3 to the Input on the D.I. and the D.I. output to the Instrument Input on your UM2 and this way you will be able to have signal inputting on your sound card form your TD-3

Thank you
      • Oct 9
    • StephenWhite68
      PedroRodrigues Hi StephenWhite68 I would assume that would also apply to the RD-8. Thank you
      • Oct 9
  • New
    nanos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-08

Hi everybody..i had installed before 3 days windows 11 in my laptop and i found that my audio interface BEHRINGER 404HD not working correct..please i need informations when they release the new drivers for windows 11..

0 41
    • nanos
      Nigel67 Hi nanos. I will talk to the design team and ask if they know of any issues with the existing drivers and Windows 11. I will not be able to ask until Monday though. You mention it is not working correctly, please can you advise which part of it is not working correctly? Can I confirm that the 404HD was working correctly with Windows 10 and its not a unit that you have just purchased and not tried on Windows 10. Many thanks.
      • Oct 8
  • New
    Speedring5422
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-07

I upgraded to newest version of Cubase and 11.5 and also a Windows update occured. I am able to select the driver and input from x 32 rack is seen. The Output is seen active in the sound setup section of Windows but no sound is coming out as it used to.

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    tomkejz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Hi,

for several months I have a problem with accidental long audio dropouts on Main Out (TRS). At the same time the audio from Headphone Out works fine. It happens accidentally during different situations as watching videos, listening music of working in Ableton Live. I'm on Mac mini M1 with MacOS Big Sur 11.6.

I can't resolve whether it is the audio interface problem or MacOS problem as there is no trace of any problem except the Main Out is silent.

read more...
    0 6
    • tomkejz
      PedroRodrigues Hi tomkejz, please consider that if the Headphones operate correctly as you have reported, that means that the signal input is correctly configured and considering that the UMC404HD does not offer any internal audio matrix this may be caused by your OSX.
      Taking in to account that we have seen reports from Apple, where they released specific software to allow tools developed for the Intel chip to operate with the new Mac M1 chip, this can lead us to believe that in some cases this may also happen with units developed to operate with the Intel chip core audio such as UMC404HD.
      In this case I would suggest contacting Apple directly to request for any guidance on this matter.
      Thank you
      • Oct 9
  • New
    HellRey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

Greetings. I am having a problem with simultaneous audio playback on all outputs of my sound card. When I select the default device (1-10), Windows gives an error.

0 16
  • New
    cautrindade62
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

If I turn ON the Phantom Power to use a Condenser Mic (UMC404HD), are other connected Mics or instruments that don't need phantom power in any danger of damage, since the phantom power will run into all channels ??

0 8
    • cautrindade62
      WilliamR Hello, No, phantom power will not damage devices that don't use it, the third pin on the xlr that sends power is not wired on a dynamic mic that doesn't use phantom power. So there is no danger of damage, the same goes for instruments. Phantom power is not passed on 1/4 inch cables.
      • Oct 6
      • UMC404 HD 48V Phantom Power - If ON, are other MICs and instruments in danger?
        jamespercival This is not the case: although phantom power will not damage dynamic microphones, it is not because “the third pin is not connected” (it is, as the connection is balanced), it is due to the transformer in the dynamic mic’s output stage. Ribbon microphones, unless they have an active front end which requires phantom power, will be destroyed by having phantom power connected to their output, and an dual XLR to 3.5mm adapter cable will pass phantom power to the headphone output of e.g. a phone or laptop, very likely destroying it.
        • Oct 8
    • cautrindade62
      WilliamR “Signal flow” of phantom power

Phantom power FAQ
      Now that you know how phantom power is and why it’s required, here are some of the most commonly asked questions we receive about phantom power. We’ve also included some tips and tricks to help get the most out of your phantom powered gear.

Do I need phantom power for my guitar?

Phantom power is not required for your guitar. However, some active guitar DI boxes will need it. Refer to the DI box Owners Manual for specific power requirements, however.

Why isn’t my condenser microphone working even with phantom power turned on?

Besides a potentially bad cable, one reason could be that it isn’t receiving enough power. Some older or inexpensive consoles or interfaces may be labeled as +48V but doesn’t generate the entire 48 volts necessary. While some condenser microphones can operate on voltages as low as 9 volts, there will be signal loss and decreased performance. In cases like these, you will need an external power supply.

Can you damage a ribbon microphone with phantom power?

This is a hotly debated topic, and the answer is “not necessarily.” Active ribbon microphones will require phantom power. However, ribbon microphones should never be plugged into a preamp with phantom power engaged. There are two ways you can damage a passive ribbon microphone. Improper wiring of the XLR cable used, and live patching (also known as hot-patching) on a TRS patch bay. Check out this article to learn about the relationship between ribbon mics and phantom power from our friends at Royer Labs.

Do I need phantom power for a dynamic microphone?

Dynamic microphones do not require phantom power. However, there are some very low output dynamic microphones, such as the Shure SM7B (which has an output level is -69dBV), which require a preamp to boost the signal. If the preamp you connect the microphone to is active, you will then need to turn the phantom power on.
      • Oct 12
Go to page