Statistics

306,099 members
190,448 posts
  • New
    andrewvanday
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-08

Hello.   I have just bought a U-Control UCA222 because the Dell laptops (Windows 10) I now have (rather stupidly) don't have an audio jack in!  The UCA222 describes itself as 'Ultra-Low Latency', but I have measured the input latency at 0.081sec. This is not low, it is enough to make playing/singing along to a track laid down impossible. I can create music as the desk and monitor the desk ok and have that feed into the computer, but to monitor the computer output and play live is not possible. This is something I have always been able to do with computers equipped with in and out jacks with no problem.

Incidently I use 'Voicemeeter' 'Audio Mechanic & Sound Breeder' to control the inputs and outputs.

I measured the latency by playing a click track on 'Cool Edit Pro', playing it direct from my headphones placed up to my studio mic which goes desk-UCA222-USB in, and recording that on a second track. The recording was 0.081" adrift from the source track.

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    elringo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-06

Hi, I cannot route audio signal of VLC player (and some other applications)  to UMC1820 on Windows 10 and 11, while there is no problem with others (e.g. DAW, iTunes).  I have set te UC1820 as default audio output. What is going on? 

0 4
  • New
    notafan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-06

Using an M1 MacBook Pro running OS 13.0

UMC1820 has occasional cracking when recording. I've changed the buffer size to all different options, nothing helps. Using Ableton and Reaper. Both demonstrate the same problem.

0 9
    • notafan
      ColinHeron

I had the same issue as this and found two workarounds...... 1. If you have a spare effect on your system, ie. effect four, open a delay and insert it across main outs. Make sure you set mix to 100% and feedback to zero. Also ensure you turn any additional effect like reverb off. Then you can dial in the required delay. ....... 2. Use OBS as your streaming software. If you select the advanced audio options, you can add delay there. Hope these help.

• April 25, 2021
      • UMC1820 Crackling
        notafan Is this some sort of automatic reply? Are you a bot?
        • Nov 5
    • notafan
      Paul_Vannatto Colin (ColinHeron) is definitely not a bot and is trying to help you. He has helped a number of us over the years.
      • Nov 5
    • notafan
      notafan My question had to do with cracking. Colin's answer seemed to relate to delay. Not sure how it related, and thought it was a bot.
      • Nov 5
    • notafan
      Paul_Vannatto Ah, I just noticed the date of Colin's post (April 25, 2021). I would suspect that it was a reply to a totally different thread and something went stupidly wrong in the back end of this forum and it got attached to your thread.

I would suspect a defective USB cable.
      • Nov 5
    • notafan
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi notafan, audio crackling can be related to buffer settings and potential USB issues as suggested by Paul. As you have already checked the buffer settings please try the following next:

If you are connecting to your computer via a USB hub, please remove this and connect directly.
      Try a different USB cable.
      Try a different USB port.
      Where possible use USB 2.0.
      Ensure you have the correct drivers installed.(If applicable)
      Ensure no USB power saving settings are enabled.
      Upgrade your USB Drivers and BIOS.

If the issue is still present upon trying the above please submit a Support ticket via the Support tab at the top of the page for further assistance.
      • Nov 6
  • New
    Lutz77
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-30

Hello,

Maybe you can help me out here.

I'm useing an umc1820 on Win7 Professional.

So i got problems because windows sometimes dont recognizes the interface. The umc control panel says' no device connected'. I need to switch the umc on/off, after this windows recognize the umc and it works fine. Next time it dont work. Windows detect the 1820 as an unknow usb device.

I got install the behringer Win7 driver 4.5.90.

(any lower older driver that i can download an try out?)

Is ther any way to fix this problem.? Maybee i think its a driver broblem...

I just read here about the Behringer-USB-Audio driver. But i dont know how to find them...

Thank u

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    London2022
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-28

I am using Cubase 12 Pro

I purchased the Behringer UM2 (https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AVV).

I downloaded ASIO4ALL_2_15_English and installed it

But still my cubase program doesnt get the voice from the interface

The interface is powered on when plugged in to my pc and I can hear from the headset the voice from the mic but the cubase program doesnt get the voice 

Please help me

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    H8u3v2a1crKn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-24

I have an external masterclock that I want to keep using, does anyone know if the SPDIF input (the RCA style connector) on the UMC1820 can be used to accept the external audio clock?  If not, this is a deal breaker for me, as my old system (an MBox original) does use SPDIF for clocking and I can't "upgrade" to something with fewer capabilities.  Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    NoneyaB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-24

I'm getting constant crackling on my UMC404HD, doesn't matter whether I'm outputting via 1&2 or 3&4

I'm using Ableton 10 on Windows 10 with the most recent ASIO driver.  It had the same issue on the driver I had installed previously.  It has the same issue when using the interface via DirectX.  I've confirmed that the onboard sound doesn't have any issue, its isolated to the interface.  It crackles on all audio output even a test tone.  I've tried both via USB bus power and the power cord that came with it.  I've had the unit since Jan 2021, but I've barely used it.  I'm just now getting back into recording.  Like an idiot I forgot to register the warranty so am I out of luck or is there something I can do?

read more...
    0 14
    • NoneyaB
      WilliamR Hello, please click on the service link above and create a tech support case, an agent will get in touch with you ASAP.
      • Oct 24
  • New
    Johnnsnell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-22

Hello,

Probably a novice question, but I have an U-Phoria UMC204HD audio interface. Can I connect this to a regular stereo hifi amplifier using RCA cables using the 'Playback Outputs'? I've been trying and had no success.

Many thanks

read more...
    0 15
    • Johnnsnell
      WilliamR Please click on the support link above and submit a tech support case. One of our agents will get in touch with you to help you set it up.
      • Oct 24
  • New
    JimFigurski
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-10-22

I have an M1 macbook air and am using Digital Audio Workstation Reaper to record music.

When I use reaper with my BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC404HD audio interface and select it in the audio device, the volume on the computer F11 and F12 (keys) SHOULD not affect the project i'm working in. But recently, (not all the time) If I don't turn the volume up all the way, I lose signal strength. Today it was working ok. Meaning, I could press the F11 and F12 keys (volume) and it would not affect the volume coming out of the speakers. Sometimes it does though...There must be. a way to control this.

read more...
    0 19
    • JimFigurski
      NicJonesMT Hi JimFigurski.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • Oct 25
  • New
    delama
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-20

Hello

I don't find recorder on x air édit pc

0 39
    • delama
      delama i work with XR18, xr edit pc v1.7, win10 last update. the shortcut don't work (only f1 f2 f3 f4.
      • Oct 20
    • delama
      Paul_Vannatto The X-Air-Edit has to be connected to the console for the recorder to show up.
      • Oct 20
    • delama
      delama

Thanks. When it is connected (access point) only snapshot appear, not recorder !

• Oct 20
    • delama
      Paul_Vannatto The XR18 does not have a USB Recorder. It only has the 18x18 USB feed to/from a computer. Only the XR16 and XR12 have the ability to record/play from the USB port. The X32 has both a USB recorder/player and 32x32 USB feed to/from a computer
      • Oct 20
    • delama
      delama

Thanks Paul. Now I don't search it. Do you know a software not expansive to record multitracks and a driver for win 10 (multitracks of course). thanks. Denis.

• Oct 21
Go to page