Statistics

241,384 members
117,653 posts
  • New
    micschi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-03

Hello. I'm using a Behringer UMC404HD, running Cubase Essentials 9.5 on a MacMini OS 10.13.6, and the DAW keeps dropping the driver. It used to happen only after waking the computer from sleep, now it happens even WHILE recording. Sometimes, I only have to re-select the driver in settings, other times, I have to unplug USB from the interface and plug it back in. I used a Tascam interface for years and never had such an issue.  Suggestions? Thanks!

read more...
    0 25
    • micschi
      NicJonesMT Hi Micschi.
      Can you please submit a tech support ticket and provide the following information on your setup.

• How do you have the device connected to your computer? We always recommend connecting directly to your computer rather than an external hub, and also recommend removing any non essential USB devices. Please also ensure any USB powersave settings are disabled.
      • Have you connected the device to an alternative USB port?
      • Do you have access to an alternative USB cable that the device can be tested with?
      • Do you have access to an alternative computer that the device can be tested with?
      • Are you connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports? Please use USB 2.0 ports where possible, there is no advantage to using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 ports can vary quite a lot, which gives differing levels of performance and stability.
      • Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction? This includes your Mac (include the specs), USB adapters, Microphones ETC. I need to know your full setup and how things are connected.
      • Have you tried in an alternative DAW (Such as Reaper)?
      • Can you send a screen shot of your Cubase Settings?
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of?
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • Jul 3
    • micschi
      micschi

thanks for your reply. i'm going to try a different port, cable and finally a different computer to see if i get anywhere. i'll be back!

• Jul 3
    • micschi
      micschi Hello. I tried using a different USB port. (the interface is plugged directly into one of the machine's USB 3.0 ports.) That seemed to work for a couple of days, then the problem resurfaced. I tried a different cable, no difference. Today, i unplugged the only other device plugged into the mac, a backup drive. The mic I'm using is a Neumann TL102. As I said initially, I've used this exact setup with a Tascam US-122mkII for years without any issue. This problem is intermittent, in that it happens randomly—sometimes it's fine for a day or two, sometimes it happens twice in an hour. But it's also constant—it ALWAYS happens, eventually. I know of no particular setting that causes it.

A detailed description: when the driver gets dropped, there's a pop-up window (see screen shot). That's it. Then I have to unplug the cable—either from the interface or the Mac, makes no difference—and plug it back in. That immediately fixes it, until next time.

Three screen shots are in the attached zip file.

mac mini screen shots.zip
      • Jul 13
    • micschi
      micschi
      • Jul 13
    • micschi
      micschi
      • Jul 13
  • New
    sd12345
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-02

Is the Behringer UMC202HD compatible with the m1 macbook air?

0 14
    • sd12345
      NicJonesMT Hi there.
      As far as I am aware it is compatible and should be plug and play with your Mac.
      If you have any issues just click support at the top of the page to submit a tech support ticket.
      • Jul 2
  • New
    Wingedspur
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-01

I am setting up my XR18 for the first time and am having issues playing audio out of my monitor speakers. Audio is coming through on my headphones, I also do hear a pop when I turn the unit on which indicates signal is reaching both left and right monitors. I have tested the inputs and am receiving signal although no sound out of my speakers when playing a video on my Mac Pro M1.

Setup is as follows:

XR Ethernet Connected to powered USB hub, hub into Mac (yellow light blinking, mac receiving signal) USB connected to powered USB hub (CalDigit)

XR18 receiving audio (as evidenced by audio through headphones)

External monitors routed to line 17/18

Headphones in headphone jack

XAIR software set up to have computer audio routed to Aux channel (17/18), when playing audio volume appears in Aux send USB is enabled for Aux channel, LR is enabled as well USB Returns:

AUX USB Input set to 17/18 USB Sends: USB 17/18 set to Aux In 17/18

On Mac: Under System Preferences both input and output are set to XR18 Under Applications>Audio Devices system set to XR18, speakers configured to Left>Out 17, Right>Out 18 When testing the speakers the test tone comes out of the headphone left and right although not out of the monitors Any help is appreciated

read more...
    0 9
    • Wingedspur
      Paul_Vannatto Line 17/18 are line in, not line out. Outputs on the XR18 are the XLR-F jacks (bottom row) only. You also mentioned "XR Ethernet Connected to powered USB hub" which doesn't make sense. Ethernet and USB are completely different protocols.
      • Jul 1
  • New
    paulie303808
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-29

Hi I can't seem to find the specs of the headphone amp part of my umc1820? does anyone know what the output impedance for the headphone amp is in ohms?

1 19
  • New
    DennisJohn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-28

Hab gerade windows 10 instaliert, dann den windonwss 10 treiber des Umc 404 hd interface, jetzt sagt die Software mir ich solle das geräte aus und einstecken, hab ich gemacht, von der software und von windows 10 wird das gerät nicht erkannt. was kann ich tun?

read more...
    0 21
  • New
    BayRinger
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-27

No sound getting to the cans from the mac. No changes to anything, no updates or new software added to mac. It just stopped. Everything plays fine through internal speakers, but plug in the UM2 and it cuts out. Have tried all leads and sockets, it has to be the UM2. 

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 27
    • BayRinger
      WilliamR Hello, Have you tried a different set of headphones yet? I would also check and be sure the direct monitor button is correctly set.
      • Jun 27
    • BayRinger
      BayRinger

The UM2 it taking power from the mac and lighting up. The unit also takes signal in from mic and line sockets, and sends to the mac. But there is no signal coming from the cans socket on the UM2.

• Jun 28
  • New
    emfee5h
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-20

Hi,

I've just purchased the Behringer UMC202HD and plugged it into my iMac (running macOS Sierra (10.12.6)) using the USB2.0 connector.

When using Garageband, I've plugged my guitar into Input 1, but I get strange sounds coming out of the iMac - you can hear a little bit of guitar but lots of hissing, distortion and delay. I've tried two guitar cables and a different guitar but I experience the same behaviour.

I have gained access to a macBook as well (running macOS Mojave (10.14.6)) and plugged the Behringer into the USB3.0 port using a USB 2.0 converter and the UMC202HD absolutely works fine there - no issues at all.

I understand there are no drivers for Mac, but is there anything else I can try on the iMac?

Thanks,

Mick.

read more...
    0 20
    • emfee5h
      DavidKnighton Hello emfee5h,
      I would check if that particular USB port on the iMac is damaged or defective. Since the UMC works flawlessly on the MacBook, that would point to the iMac hardware having a problem. Try a different USB port or if there's thunderbolt, maybe try a USB to thunderbolt dongle if you have one.
      • Jun 21
    • emfee5h
      emfee5h Will do thanks David
      • Jun 23
  • New
    GabSot7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-19

Hi, I am new to the UMC202HD and I want to know the steps in order to use it on my Mac with garageband...

Can anyone help me with detailed instructions (step by step), please?

Thanks id advance!

0 21
  • New
    Mark77
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-17

Hello, their appears to be a connection problem with my go for mini, the headphone jack makes an buzzing sound, once I plug my headphones in, I have tried 3 pairs and still get the same sound, please can you help 

0 31
    • Mark77
      DavidKnighton Hello Mark77,
      Your unit may need service to correct the buzzing issue. Please click the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and submit a TECH SUPPORT ticket.
      • Jun 17
  • New
    mirchy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-16

Hello everyone,

where can I find data for ambient conditions for which the device is intended.

I would install the device in a rehearsal room (ex bomb-shelter), where the humidity is between 60 and 70%, the temperature in winter when the room is not heated drops to 13 ° C.
    Is the device designed for such conditions.

P.S.
    I can't find any UMC 1820 manual anywhere ...?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 28
    • mirchy
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Solid-state electronics actually begin to break down and fry at temperatures much above 120 degrees F. However, the hotter the temperature – the less functional the machine will become. Most systems tend to run 10 to 20 degrees hotter than room temperature, different gadgets can withstand different temperatures of cold, but to be conservative, we recommend taking precautions once the ambient temperature reaches freezing, or 32° Fahrenheit.
      • Jun 16
    • mirchy
      WilliamR

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Behringer-U-Phoria-Umc1820-4066673.html

• Jun 20
Go to page