Statistics

261,081 members
139,754 posts
  • thevoidngi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-27

Hello,

I've already opened a ticket but wanted to check with community as well. I've just received a brand new UMC 1820 from Thoman. Everything seems to be working fine except that all channels never goes to zero volume even if setting the Gain knob to the minimum. This is audible both on full monitoring as well as in a daw (ableton) when recording.

Even with the gain knob at zero there is a lot of signal coming through. A lot of signal actually (See picture. I have my moog sub phatty on channel 1).

None of my previous and current audio interfaces (even from Behringer) are working like that. Gain knob on 0 is 0 signal passing in

Do I have a faulty unit (and then I shall ask for a replacement from Thomann or a firmware update from Behringer) or this is working as intended (and then I'll send it back to Thomann as this is not an acceptable behaviour at all for an audio interface)?

Thanks and best

Thanks and best

read more...
    0 45
    • thevoidngi
      leah Hello @thevoidngi ,

I will be sending you a response to your email shortly. If you do not see the reply, please check your Spam/Junk folder.

Thanks!
      • October 27, 2020
      • UMC 1820 ISSUE - Gain volume never goes to zero - faulty units?
        thevoidngi Hi Lea. Please look ASAP at the CRM ticket you replied me with. I've purchased another NEW UMC 1820 and it has the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I cannot believe it. One is a faulty unit, two is your fault. Please follow up. I'm quite pissed of right now as a customer. Lost time and lost money
        • October 29, 2020
  • CSurieux
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-27

Hi,

I have been looking for an option to use my UMC204HD or UMC1820 in Windows 10 to have a better sound in web sessions on Zoom  or other meeting sofware.
    Using a mic for my voice AND mixing the sound from Windows just as you can do with Steinberg or Focusrite interfaces.
    And this without playing with a 3rd party software and a kind of hardware trick where we inject the windows output in the Aux board input using a physical cable :(
    The point seems to be that the windows driver does not bring to Windows starndards sound Input and Output a Loopback option.
    Could Behringer implement this in a futur version and the world of covid-19 would be easier to live ;)

read more...
    1 1,044
    • CSurieux
      PedroRodrigues Hi Christian, Thank you for your contact, please be aware that the unit works with ASIO drivers base developed by a third part company, never the less on our end on the development I will forward your suggestion to our R&D Team.
      • October 28, 2020
      • Missing loopback feature in the U-PHORIA audio interfaces under W10
        PedroRodrigues Hi TormyVanCool as I'm sure you are aware we do not provide any information regarding any process that is related to our R&D Team. Thank you
        • Jan 20
    • CSurieux
      djskope Hi! Please can I also +1 this. Would be great if this feature could be implemented.
      • Sep 18
    • CSurieux
      djskope It would really help with multisampling and also streaming with OBS etc. if Loopback was enabled. As I workaround I used vooicemeter 3rd party software solution but an official implementation would be much better pretty please xx
      • Sep 18
  • Soliman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

Please when connect in laptop and mic I’m not see partion in my Devi’s 

also don’t have voice when recording 

0 41
    • Soliman
      RexBeckett Hi Amr, what type of laptop and OS version do you have? What DAW/audio software are you using?
      • October 24, 2020
    • Soliman
      Soliman Hi Rex , thanks for reply
      • October 24, 2020
    • Soliman
      Soliman Unfortunately, the laptop has stopped working today
      Please help, what are the good laptop specifications to use with the umc202HD and microphone to record the voice and what is the appropriate program for recording audio
      Is headphone necessary during recording?
      • October 24, 2020
      • Umc202hd
        RexBeckett It depends on what and how you want to record. Almost any modern laptop running either Windows or macOS should work with the UMC202HD if you get the correct USB cable. DAW software like Reaper is the most flexible but free software like Audacity can be used for simple recording tasks. Headphones are usually required if you are recording a new track through a microphone while listening to a previous recording (overdubbing).
        • October 24, 2020
    • Soliman
      Soliman Great Rex , thanks for your help, I will try again and I well be contact with you
      • October 25, 2020
  • ShreeKant
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

please help me get the Interface to solve my problem of latency during my connection with DAW, to make music with MIDI KEYBOARD. (BEHRINGER UMC202HD) this interface supports the same or not?

0 124
    • ShreeKant
      PedroRodrigues Hi Shreekant Boga, please be aware that this unit does not support MIDI connection. In regard to latency, to be able to evaluate any latency values, you will also need to have in to consideration if you are using a Mac or a Windows computer because on Windows computer you will have the drivers transporting the audio from the sound card to the CPU of the computer and them from the CPU of the computer to the sound card again and from there to the speakers.
      In a case of a Mac is different because Mac uses core audio device.

We also need to consider when addressing latency, the following:
      The computer CPU speed.
      Audio interface quality.
      The type of connection. USB/FIREWIRE.
      The compatibility driver/operating system/ DAW.
      The amount of buffering selected on the DAW, measured in samples.

Increasing the buffering size gives the computer more type to respond to the audio, per example when you are using plug ins like the ones that you have stated, this is very important but also slows the response of the all system.

All these points can be addressed to decrease latency issues, but this scenario will also create less stability for your system.

Latency can be proportional to:

The number of audio channels used
      Number of Plugins used
      Sample Rate
      Bit Depth
      Amount of Memory
      Processing Power
      • October 23, 2020
    • ShreeKant
      JiSsSimard Give me 5.10 minutes I'll watch ✌️????
      • October 23, 2020
  • Mateo15d
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

My interface keeps bugging out. I plug it in and it works for about 30 seconds, then it cuts off and all the lights on the interface. Using USB power on a macbook. I've tried plug in power and same thing happens.

I can't find customer support anywhere. Anyone elser have this issue?

read more...
    1 73
    • Mateo15d
      Nigel67 Hi Jamie, please go to this link and submit a service request ticket. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request You can also go to the support tab at the top of the page and scroll down to service and submit a ticket from there.
      • October 22, 2020
      • UMC404HD Not working
        Mateo15d Hey Nigel, Thanks for reaching out. I put in a service request last night. I've had it for less than 3 years so it might still be under warranty. Would this be something you might be able to help me with?
        • October 23, 2020
    • Mateo15d
      mikesatterfield Good luck with the warranty, my unit was only 9 months old and they said my warranty was expired, suppose to be 3 years.
      • October 27, 2020
      • UMC404HD Not working
        Mateo15d I feared this would be the case. It would also be cool if someone got back to me. Haven’t heard from anyone about my service request or anything. Worst customer service I’ve experienced in a while.
        • October 28, 2020
  • DonaldEaston
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-20

I currently run Cubase and Samplitude via Focusrite Solo audio interphace. Works like a dream to als play music eg Spotify. 
    I bought a Behringer U-Peoria UM2 interface to attach to my laptop. Now, whilst it works nicely to play music, eg Spotify, I cannot get it to work with a MIDI keyboard. Focusrite is great, plays on both PC and Laptop, but the Behringer just doesn't like the MIDI, despite having selected the appropriate drivers. 
    what am I doing wrong.

read more...
    0 38
    • DonaldEaston
      WilliamR Hello Donald, William Reichling from musictribe. Please click the support link above and create a tech support ticket and put it to my attention I can help you out with this.
      • October 20, 2020
  • DiegoT81
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-19

hola a todos! tengo una duda. Así sin más, mi interfaz de audio (umc404hd) dejó de dar sonido y aparecía como desconectada. Cuando desenchufé la fuente de alimentación permaneció encendida y ahora apareciendo como conectada. Nunca la usé sin la fuente de alimentación por eso la duda. Ahora está funcionando conectada solamente por usb a la pc, sin la fuente de alimentación. Busqué información en la web pero no encuentro nada.

Alguien sabe por qué puede ser que haya cambiado esto?

Gracias!! Saludos!!

read more...
    0 61
    • DiegoT81
      john0121 My UMC404 has always worked via just the USB or with the Power Supply too. Is it working as normal now or still not recognised when you connect the PSU?
      • October 18, 2020
    • DiegoT81
      DiegoT81 cuando reconectaba el PSU, la UMC aparecía como desconectada. Tuve que desconectarla completamente, conectar primero el PSU, y luego el usb, y entonces empezó a trabajar normalmente como antes.
      • October 19, 2020
    • DiegoT81
      DiegoT81 la pregunta ahora sería: cuál es el sentido de conectarla vía PSU? Cuál es el beneficio?
      • October 19, 2020
    • DiegoT81
      john0121 The PSU helps when using the UMC with devices which can't provide enough power
      • October 20, 2020
  • Ricky1973
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-18

Hi everyone...

this is a strange problem I've been facing for few weeks.

On the beginning I noticed the problem while I was recording my guitar with my daw (through the Uphoria UMC204HD)... during the parts I was playing, I got several random input audio peaks.... even when I was not strumming or playing at all. So I thought it could be due to my guitars. Or to my cables. Or to the input ports of the UMC204HD.

Well...these are not the cases... I verified today that these random audio peaks occur even when nothing is connected to the Behringer interface (even with the input volumes set to 0).

By the way, these input glitches are always present: I opened the windows audio settings and in the input settings (IN 1-2 BehringerUMC 204 192K) you can see the bar of the input level that continuosly gets input audio peaks.... even if nothing is connected.

Any idea about this strange matter? I don't know if it can be due to some windows update. I've just checked even for possible viruses or malware but it doesn't seem the case. But i can't record or play anything at the moment, it's a mess with those audio peaks...

Thanks for your help.

read more...
    0 70
    • Ricky1973
      john0121 Hi Riccardo, can you submit a tech support ticket via the support button at the top of the screen and include some recording examples in the attachments. We can go through some troubleshooting with you directly this way. Thanks
      • October 18, 2020
      • Behringer Input ghost glitches (?!?)
        Ricky1973 Hi John, thanks for your kind reply; for sure I'll do it on saturday; I'll try to include audio and video files. PS in the meantime I reinstalled the drivers (4.59) but the problem remains.
        • ·
        • October 22, 2020
    • Ricky1973
      Ricky1973 Well in the end I opened the ticket and followed what the musictribe team suggested but the problem remains. To check, I installed the interface on my daughter's pc and the problem is not present. So it's due to my pc.... but HOW?!?!? I really don't understand what can interfere with the input of the UMC even while nothing is connected... any idea? It looks I have no virus (I made several scans) and so what can be the cause of this problem? It's really a mess, I cannot use the interface anymore in this way.... any help would be very appreciated, thank you :)
      • December 28, 2020
    • Ricky1973
      john0121 Hi Ricardo, What is the case number you are discussing this on?
      • Jan 3
  • Stra
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-17

1- New UMC 22 just installed on windoiows 10. when I use mic and monitor, I can hear the sound clearly through the headphone output. However when I play recording from computer there is no sound. Yes, have configured the playback to use the Behringer output on my settings, but still no sound on playback.  Playback will work ok when switched back to default realtek driver. Your advice please?

2- Using a Rode VXLR+ adaptor between a Rode mono mic and XLR input. Works fine, except there is are some ms delay between left and right output channels on playback. Tested this on an audient ID4 interface and there is no channel delay. Why does this happen on the UMC22?

Thank-you for your comments.

read more...
    1 460
    • Stra
      john0121 Have you turned the direct monitor button off when you're playing back? Otherwise you will just be monitoring the input still.
      • October 18, 2020
    • Stra
      Stra Hi John, thanks for your comments. I've now resolved the issue, but can say it was mainly due to the atrocious user manual for the UMC22 it does not even say I needed to download any software until page 36, having ploughed through loads of rubbish about safety and other languages, I gave up too early. I had been on the net and downloaded an official driver for the UMC22 as well as ASIO4ALL. The driver was screwing up my output and as soon as I uninstalled this it worked correctly.
      • October 19, 2020
      • new umc22 no audio playback sound through headphones
        Plunda Hwy Stra. Few weeks now and I've had your troubles. I also did what you did RE driver
        • Feb 28
      • new umc22 no audio playback sound through headphones
        Plunda Don't suppose it was a particular 4 min long YouTube video, was it? Lol. Anyway, I'm still no further forward but I've ditched the umc22 drivers. Could you help me please? I'd be super grateful if you could share exactly what you did?
        • Feb 28
  • zuur
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-17

Hi,

I have contacted Ableton support about this too, but it's a glorious threeway I believe: Windows, Behringer drivers and Ableton.

Here's my problem:

I have a setup with a UMC1820+adat expander. I also have a Yocto 808 drum machine, from which I route a couple of individual instruments into a rack, using Ableton External Instrument.

Windows, upon boot and completely unpredicatbly sometimes adds a number to UMC1820 midi inputs. It is listed as either 'UMC1820 Midi Out', but sometimes '1 - UMC1820 Midi Out' and I have seen it go as high as 3.

It makes older tracks that reference External Instrument midi channels with a different (or no) number not send out midi until I manually fix them. I have now made presets for no, 1, 2, 3 et cetera, but it's pain in the ass. Other external instruments wired with Extternal Instrument all suffer the same fate.

I understand it is partly Windows being weird and more importantly the sound card drivers. I have a Korg machine that sometimes gets a number added, but the driver makes sure it doesn't show in Ableton. I would love to have Ableton be agnostic to those digit changes, but I would rather that the UMC1820 stops randomly switching numbers.

There is ZERO logic to the changes. I could work for weeks with no issue and (like this week) it's like a lottery.

So, I've told Ableton about my predicament, now I'm doing it here. Hopefully someone at Behringer has some insight.

read more...
    0 58
Go to page