268,282 members
147,853 posts
  • New
    mitchd33
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-03

Hey all

Im very new to this. 

I have set up dj controllers in the past which took me time to work out.

This is a new one for me:

Have purchased the UMC22 and a set of active speakers.

I have set it all up ie umc22 into windows 10 laptop, umc22 also plugged into speakers via normal guitar jack to rca.

On top of this i have downloaded the ASIOforall driver.

The issue i get is that i can get sound out of the headphone output but nothing out of the rear speaker outputs. This is via any program I use.

I have checked that the direct monitor button is not turned on and have also tested the speakers via a different input to make sure they work.

I am not stumped at what i can do to make this interface select the speakers?

Any help would be appreciated

Mitch 

read more...
    0 62
    • mitchd33
      WilliamR Hello Mitchell, Be sure you go into your sound properties and make sure your umc22 is set up as your playback device.
      • December 3, 2020
    • mitchd33
      mitchd33 Thank you for your response. The device is set up as the playback device. I can get sound out of the headphone output from it, just seems to be the speaker outputs.
      • December 4, 2020
    • mitchd33
      mitchd33 Update: got it working on my old laptop but have issues with my new one. It no longer detects the interface at all! Nightmare
      • December 4, 2020
    • mitchd33
      WilliamR How do you have the device connected to your computer? We always recommend connecting directly to your computer rather than an external hub, and also recommend removing any non essential USB devices.
      • Have you connected the device to an alternative USB port?
      • Do you have access to an alternative USB cable that the device can be tested with?
      • Do you have access to an alternative computer that the device can be tested with?
      • Are you connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports? Please use USB 2.0 ports where possible, there is no advantage to using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 ports can vary quite a lot, which gives differing levels of performance and stability.
      • Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction?
      • Are you connecting to a Windows or Mac computer and what operating system are you using?
      • What firmware and drivers are you using (if applicable)?
      • What software are you using the device with?
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of?
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • December 4, 2020
  • New
    ikursat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-03

My UCA202 stopped working after recording 4 cassettes as mp3s with great results. Now when I try to record, I get an ear-splitting screech from the computer's speakers. I am using Windows 10 and Audacity. Windows appears to recognize the device as "USB Audio Codec" and has set it as default. What can I do to fix?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 40
  • New
    bowana01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-03

UMC202HD shows as input and output device but does not work at all

I have ran the driver files, unistalled and reinstalled on several windows 10 home and pro. None work.

I have tried 2 microphones and my guitar built in pick up that has worked on an older Win 10 laptop.

read more...
    0 38
  • New
    Taffy3429
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-03

Hi all

I currently create an actual play podcast and use a UMC404HD as my audio interface

Since I have 4+ Players and myself I find that some of my players share a mic.  This is not idea so I am looking to upgrade to something that would allow for 7 XLR Mics

Even though I have been using the 404 for over a year, I am still quite new at all this, but it seems that the 1820 would fit the bill as a good entry point for a 8 mike interface

My question is, can I record 8 tracks using audacity.  I found that to get 4 track recording working on the 404 took some time and pain, and eventially I had to go to an old driver that was hard to come by.

Will I have the same problem with the 1820 and 8 track (mono) recording?

Thanks for your help
    Dean

read more...
    0 151
    • Taffy3429
      PedroRodrigues Hi Dean, what it regards the UMC 1820 side you will be able to input via XLR 8 microphones on the unit with no issues, in the Audacity side, for Windows MME and WDM drivers. MME drivers work fine for simple stereo recording and playback, and are available on all versions of Windows where Audacity will run. However, neither these nor most WDM drivers will provide multi-channel recording; if you try to send multiple inputs to Audacity with these, you will only be presented with a series of separate two-channel "recording devices" from which one can be chosen, instead of the number of input channels there actually are. For Mac Most hardware devices with ability to record multiple channels should work with Audacity on Mac, if they provide multiple channels under Core Audio - some only provide multiple channels using ASIO on Windows. A few devices are listed below which have been reported to record multi-channel into Audacity. Other devices than these may do so. If you have such a device, please let us know so we can consider adding it here. I hope this helps
      • December 3, 2020
  • New
    RoniereSantos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

Me ajudem, eu conecto no Pc mas ela não liga ja instalei os drives e mesmo assim não liga 

0 100
    • RoniereSantos
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Roniere, would it be possible to confirm what operating system you are on? Could you please also confirm if the interface is visible within your Device Manager?
      • December 2, 2020
  • New
    photobyroots
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

hi, i connect the umc22 to logic, but it does not detect it as behringer, but as usb advice and it does not detect the audio from the microphone.

:(

0 43
    • photobyroots
      WilliamR Hello Oscar, Are you using a condenser mic? You may need to engage phantom power if you are using a condenser mic.
      • December 2, 2020
  • New
    xandrei2772
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

Hi, I've got a umc22 and had issues with it since the start. I read multiple posts and cant find a fix.

I use FL and use the behringer asio audio driver input is my at202 and output is my headphones connected to the audio interface. When I've got a project opened in FL and lets say I go put on a youtube video whilst having FL open I notice the pitch of the video drop and the sound becomes soo much deeper. One way I found around this is if I switch my output in my sound settings to my speakers which are not connected to the interface, So I have FL working through the interface headphone and all the windows other sound like chrome etc. going through speakers.

Another Issue, whenever I align a track to an insert in FL and add a plugin on top of it, when pressing the play button after adding the plugin the audio gets very distorted unless I got into the microphone insert and change the mic options from 1 to 2 and the other way around: https://imgur.com/a/WoeJmlI

Is there nay way of fixing these because its been such a pain in the ass lately, considering dumping the thing and getting a Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen)

Thanks for all your help!

read more...
    0 83
  • New
    cjepem
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

HI There,

I Bought XENYX Q1002USB formay MacBook Pro.  I am using it for Vocal and Music for my Online Church.

Suddenly the interface doesn't play the sound through ZOOM. Pls Guide me. Tq.  

0 60
    • cjepem
      PedroRodrigues Hi C Edward, please that the XENYX Q1002USB should be connected directly to your computer via USB 2.0 port avowing any USB Hubs. Please also have in to consideration that the unit offers a Stereo by directional signal via USB. The signal sent form the mixer to the computer is the same as the main bus, the audio returning form the computer into the Mixer appears directly in the Main and control room bus, this effectively depends if you have pressed USB/2TR to Main and the Phones/CTRL buttons.
      Please also have in to consideration that this unit cannot be power via USB as you must use the PSU provided.
      I hope this helps. Thank you
      • December 2, 2020
    • cjepem
      cjepem Thank you very much sir. It solved my problem.
      • December 2, 2020
  • New
    AntonioGilAltamirano
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

Hello, could someone help me to fix this problem please?

0 41
  • New
    Bdeen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

I have not been able to get the "Asio" driver to install on my Windows 10 for Behringer UM2. I followed the instructions with unit and downloaded it from the Behringer website. I also saw on YouTube that there was another driver that worked but the website had shut down. If anyone knows where I can get a driver that will work for the UM2 I would really appreciate it.

thanks!

Bobby Deen

read more...
    0 83
    • Bdeen
      Nigel67 Hi Bobby, can you tell me what happens when you try and install the ASIO4ALL driver? What error messages do you get? When you plug the UM2 into the computer and then go into the Bluetooth and Other Devices settings, is the UM2 found under Audio Devices (USB Audio Codec). Are you using a USB hub, as if so, this could cause issues. Try plugging the UM2 in directly and also try the other USB ports.
      • December 1, 2020
    • Bdeen
      Bdeen Nigel, thanks man!!! I really appreciate it! It worked!! I’m in Texas and have been messing with it all night but finally got everything up and running and checked out on JamKazam. thanks to your suggestions. I’m guessing you’re in UK?? Well thanks again brother.✌️Bobby
      • December 2, 2020
      • Behringer UM2 driver info needed!!
        Nigel67 Hi Bobby, great to hear that it is up and running. Must be pretty late over there in Texas. Yes, I am in the UK. Anything past 11 am is far to late for me . All the best
        • December 2, 2020
Go to page