Statistics

298,542 members
182,155 posts
  • New
    jlanton1242
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

I can control volume via the app for my instruments, as well as for my DAW, but when I play music from my Mac it is insanely loud and I'm unable to control via the faders, neither the individual channels nor the main fader.  I'm really new to this so any help is greatly appreciated 

read more...
    0 52
    • jlanton1242
      RexBeckett Hi there, this is probably a routing issue. If you route the USB playback directly to the outputs, there will be no level controls. If you route the USB playback through the Aux (17/18) channel, the fader can be used to control the level.

If you need help with the routing, save and upload your current scene to a file share site (e.g. Google Drive) and post a shareing link.
      • February 27, 2021
      • Volume unbelievably loud when coming from Mac through xr18 to monitors
        jlanton1242 Thank you so much, can you describe how to route the usb playback through the Aux 17/18 channel? Also whenever I want to hear what’s coming from the Mac, whether it’s daw or music I have to go in and switch from monitor to usb 1 and 2. Is there a way to configure so that sound from everywhere (guitar, Mac/daw) come through the monitors together? I have a lot of backing tracks I like to play along with. My xr18 is brand new so it’s at factory settings other than using channels 5,6 for my Kemper and 1,2 for UsB. Thanks again
        • February 27, 2021
        RexBeckett Using XAir-Edit, open the In/Out -> USB Returns tab and click on the USB 1-2 to Aux button. Now USB 1/2 playback will come through the Aux channel so you can mix it with other inputs and hear it through the monitors.
        • ·
        • February 28, 2021
        jlanton1242 That worked brother. Thanks!
        • ·
        • March 1, 2021
  • New
    Senne3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

Hi,

I've bought the UMC204 and connected my monitors with the main outs and that didn't work for me.

When i whent to the sound preferences on my laptop, i couldn't choose the main outputs, only the playback output 1-2 and 3-4.

picture below.

I've seen an installation video of the umc204 on youtube, and the person in the video could choose 'umc204' as the speakeroutput

This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DABJYUNY2jw

I have sound when i select output 1-2. But i don't think its the way it should. And i want the volume knop of the main outs to work. And infortunatly, I'm also having trouble with 'amplitube' since i bought this interface.

read more...
    0 336
    • Senne3
      RexBeckett Hi Senne3, the UMC204HD has four USB playback channels. These are sent, without any switching or level control, to the four Playback outputs. USB playback 1/2 is also fed through the monitor mixer to the Main outputs. The output level is controlled by the Main Out control and the mix of plackback/inputs is set with the Mix control. To hear only playback, turn Mix fully clockwise.

The attached block diagram may help you to understand the signal routing.
      • February 27, 2021
    • Senne3
      Senne3 Thanks RexBeckett, It's working. I've noticed now that 'Amplitube' is making everything confusing. When i restart my laptop, and turn the mix-knop to the right like you said, and connect the monitors to main out, everything works fine. But then when i open 'Amplitube', my sound stops. If i was playing a song in spotify, it stops when i open 'amplitube'. But now i know the problem is something with amplitube, and the UMC204 works fine.
      • February 27, 2021
      • UMC204 HD No sound with Main out, only with playback output
        RexBeckett There can be problems having two apps trying to use the same audio interface - especially if they are using different sample-rates. You may be able to get around this by using a software audio mixer to mix the sources and send the result to the interface. e.g. VoiceMeeter.
        • February 27, 2021
  • New
    pilipella
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-26

hello everybody,

I'm using an external small mixer to control few instruments, in a sort of submix,

which goes into inputs number 7/8, and I'm struggling to get a perfect balance between the two input channels

using the pots on the front. so, it may sound a dumb question but, is there a way to link two mono ins so to control them as a stereo one? I mean using one pot to set the level for both channels or something in that way?

any kind of advice (hardware, software, workaround ideas) would be much appreciated :)

thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 65
    • pilipella
      Nigel67 Hi pilipella, I am sorry, but there is no setting on the unit that will do what you require. The unit does not have a pan pot or stereo link option which is what you are after.
      • February 26, 2021
  • New
    Erdem
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-25

Hello Everyone!
    I am trying to control my XR18 with BCR2000.

I used 2 midi din cables between them, and i made it.
    So far, I could make the bidirectional connection with volume fader, channel pan and mute. I used BCD2000's learn button for mapping.

But when i try to change channel gain or any eq parameters or solo button, XR18 didn't send amy midi signals. And I can not make midi learn with BCD2000. 

When i check "USB-DIN Pass Thru", it didn't work. Also I cannot contol faders when I check that.

Does anybody know why XR18 is not making any midi signal when changing eq settings?
    Thanks !

read more...
    0 150
    • Erdem
      Paul_Vannatto That is because there are no midi commands (cc or pc) for the EQ, gain or solo. The only other option is the Sysex text string (see page 32 of the X-Air User Manual). Since EQ and gain control are variable in nature (ie a range of values), the sysex method would be impractical. Only the Solo (off/on) could practically use the sysex text string method. To generate this hex string, use the SysexOscGen app (found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/sysexoscgen/ ).
      • February 25, 2021
    • Erdem
      RexBeckett Hello Erdem, Midi implementation on the XR18 is quite limited. Only basic fader, pan and mute are supported. See XAir Midi chart: https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=8._MIDI

The USB-DIN Pass Thru option makes the XR18 act as a USB/Midi interface. This mode disables the normal Midi operation.
      • February 25, 2021
  • New
    ado58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-24

I can hear the instrument in CH2 through headphones but very soft once recorded. XLR CH1 is perfect.

0 48
  • New
    elvisbass
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-23

I use garageband on Mac book air 2018 with Big Sur and record with a behringer UMC204 HD sound card.
    As long as I use audio tracks no Problem, as soon as I insert midi tracks the Mac conflicts with the sound card and the sample rate freezes at 44.1 KHz. There is no way to get it to 48KHz. Result the tracks all skip and it is impossible to continue recording. As soon as you unplug the sound card, listening becomes ok.
    Is the Behringer not compatible with Mac? When I use midi files that fit on the sound card, everything falls apart.
    It seems that garageband has no problems, according to Apple service. Behringer is uncontactable.
    The card drivers are not found on the behringer site as I use the Mac IAC driver? If I buy another card like focusrite Apple assures me no Problem. Then it is the Behringer card that is not eligible. Thank you

read more...
    0 99
    • elvisbass
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi elvisbass, the UMC range of interfaces is a USB class compliant device and will work with MAC's straight out of the box with its core audio system so no additional drivers are required. I would recommend if not yet done so submitting a technical support ticket so that further information can be gathered.

To do this go to support at the top of the page and scroll to Technical Support.
      • February 23, 2021
    • elvisbass
      elvisbass Help me please if possible. File MiDi are problem at sample rate 44,1 kHz. Thanks
      • February 24, 2021
    • elvisbass
      elvisbass Driver Behringer from 2016......
      • February 24, 2021
  • New
    GeorgeAukerman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-22

Does anyone have any idea when the Klark Teknik KT Madi are going to become available. I am in dire need of one, and there are none to be found!!

0 93
    • GeorgeAukerman
      Nigel67 Hi George, I am sorry, but we do not have visibility of when product will be arriving in your country of residence. Please contact your local distributor and they should be able to find out for you.
      • February 22, 2021
    • GeorgeAukerman
      DavidKnighton Hello George,
      Have you checked for Behringer X-Madi? It's basically the same card as Klark Teknik DN32 Madi. The main difference is going to be price point and warranty. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0AZQ
      • February 23, 2021
  • New
    rodak99
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-22

Hi.  I found a couple of older threads here(one from 2016, one from early 2020) that addressed the exact issue I'm having, but there was never a resolution, so I thought I'd give it another try.

I have a UMC404HD, which works great with Zoom, Reaper, Audacity, etc, but I've found that Microsoft Skype and Teams apparently only recognize one channel for mic input.  (Channel 1 if I have 1/2 selected, Channel 3 if I have 3/4 selected).  Does anyone know of a "fix" or workaround for this?  I'm running the latest Behringer UMC driver(4.59.0.56775, 3/14/2019), and have tried disabling all audio enhancements in Control Panel, but no joy.  BTW, I'm running Windows 10, version 2004.

I do have an old Behringer mixer I could use on the side to combine the two inputs, but hated to go that far if there were a better way. (and I have enough wires on my desk already!)

Suggestions, anyone?

read more...
    0 110
    • rodak99
      RexBeckett Hi rodak99, if you get both channels with Zoom and Audacity, it is not a problem with the Windows driver or settings. If the Microsoft apps only use one side of the stereo input you will need to downmix your two channels to mono. You could do this with an external hardware mixer or by using a software mixer like VoiceMeeter. See: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/
      • February 22, 2021
    • rodak99
      rodak99 Hey, thanks! Voicemeter works great, what a cool tool!
      • February 22, 2021
  • New
    Saltykova
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-22

Hello,

When I connect this unit to my PC via the USB cable I only get the Left side of stereo.

I have tried ALL Pan positions / Input choices and thpough the level meter shows both stereo lines are OK and the Phones and other outputs give me full stereo I get nothing on the right side of the USB output.

I tried all the same cables but using a UMC202HD and had no issues at all.

Might my QX1002USB be faulty of r is there a settinmg I need to address?

Thanks,

Mike

read more...
    0 81
  • New
    chlowden
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

Hello

I am struggling to connect my UMC204HD to a Yamaha NP-11 piano. On the UMC204HD front the MIDI In LED goes RED as soon as I connect the midi IN cable to the piano output.

The UMC204HD Midi Out to the Piano in works fine, I have the NP11 play the output of the computer and I see the MIDI OUT  green LED flash.

If I swap the MIDI cables around, nothing works and the LEDs have no light.

On the NP11, there are very few controls and what ever channel I set the MIDI to , the LED is always RED.

What does the MIDI IN set permanently to RED mean?

Thank you

read more...
    0 157
    • chlowden
      NicJonesMT Hi Chlowden.
      It sounds like either an issue with the MIDI in port or that the NP-11 is sending a constant stream of MIDI messages.

Do you have another device you can test with the MIDI input of the UMC? Such as another keyboard or a Synth?

If you are on windows Download MIDIOX and open this, or if you are on Mac open the MIDI MONITOR.
      Set the MIDI input as the UMC and you should then be able to see if the Yamaha is sending a constant MIDI message.
      Sweetwater did a pretty cool article on how to use MIDIOx if you need help;

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/how-do-i-install-and-use-midi-ox-for-windows/

Is there a factory reset on the NP-11 that you can try?
      If you are still having issues then please hit support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • February 22, 2021
    • chlowden
      chlowden I'm running on ubuntu but I don't think that the issue is there. I swapped the cables around and get the same result. I will find another keyboard as it seems to be the most obvious avenue. Many thanks for your advice
      • February 22, 2021
Go to page