Statistics

268,279 members
147,848 posts
  • sloanre
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

Need help getting sound from my Behringer ADA8200

My UMC1820 works fine on Mac OSX, was pretty much plug and play right out of the box. I have connected my ADA8200 to the UMC1820 - I have a TOSlink cable going from 8200 OUT to the 1820 IN as described in the manual.  I currently have it set the 8200 as master, 44.1.  The Master and Sync lock are on.

I am sending signal from my mixer to the 8200 and getting a blinking signal light, but no sound from that channel or any other channel on the 8200. I have tried different configurations including flicking the switches in the back. Still no sound.

I just ordered another TOSlink cable from Amazon to see if having another one going the opposite way as well will fix things, even though the manual indicates I shouldm only need one. I'm new to using ADAT so at this point I'm just trying different configurations.

I notice some people with windows having to change driver settings to set the 1820 as the master, but I don't have that option with Mac as far as I know.

Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 1,489
    • sloanre
      PedroRodrigues Hi Richard Sloan please confirm that on the ADA8200 you have selected on the back how you wish to use the ADAT connections input or output and select if the unit will be master or salve and what sample rate you wish to use
      This sends 8 channels of digital audio output from the analogue inputs to an ADAT device. This output connects to other ADAT devices via TOSLINK cable.
      In the case of the UMC 1820 the ADAT or S/PDIF Optical I/O ports support S/PDIF, ADAT, S/MUX. Input channels are 11 to 18,outputs are 13 to 20, you can select it on the front panel OPT I/O-switch to select the operation of these ports.
      • October 7, 2020
      • No sound from ADA8200 connected via ADAT to UMC1820.
        PedroRodrigues Hi Richard, no it means that if you to use the ADA8200 like you described you cant do it with the UMC 1820 but you can with the FCA 1616. If you wish to keep using the UMC1820 and the ADA8200 you will have to implemented as I suggested above and you have tested and pointed out that works but with less amount of channels available.
        • October 8, 2020
  • reodds
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-05

Hi, I would like to purchase the Behringer UFO202 online, and apparently they have been backordered for some time now.  Does anyone know when they will again be available in the USA?

Thanks!

Roger

0 54
    • reodds
      PedroRodrigues Hi Roger, thank you for your contact, please be aware that we are manufactures and we only sell directly to distributors, unfortunately we do not have access to any of the stock information from our partners and distributors in the US, I'm afraid you will have to direct that question to the distributors in the COUNTRY so they can provide the information you require.
      • October 5, 2020
  • TRIDIBESH
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-04

I am new user of bahringer u-phoria um2. But i have faced problem to create email id, there was shown primary email id is invalid.

please suggest me the solution

0 64
    • TRIDIBESH
      RexBeckett A Music ID is not necessary for normal community members. What are you trying to do? If you want to register your purchase, try this: At the top of this page, click Support -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Product Registration. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • October 4, 2020
    • TRIDIBESH
      PedroRodrigues Hi TRIDIBESH SASTRI are you trying to submit an assistance request? if that is the case please follow the link below, if you still can't log in after you set up an account on our please send via PM the e-mail that you are using to open and account https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • October 5, 2020
  • daleSP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-04

Using the X18 with WASAPI drivers (in a DAW or any other Windows based app) does not provide access to all 18 USB inputs and outputs. there is only have access to Inputs 1&2 and Outputs 1&2. Basically, just a single input and output stereo pair.

However, with the X18's ASIO driver (4.59), there is access to all 18 of the USB inputs and outputs.

I am under the impression that WASAPI drivers provide multichannel support, i.e, access to multiple stereo pairs.

Any guidance on why accessing the X18 using WASAPI drivers results in access to only 2 USB channels in both directions ?

Is it because the underlying Windows drivers (MME/WDM) supplied with the X18 USB driver package only exposes 2 USB channels ?

If so, what can be done to recitify this situation ?

Thanks

Current environment:

Win10 Pro (2004)

X18 firmware 1.17

USB firmware 1.0.2

USB driver 4.59

read more...
    0 57
    • daleSP
      DaveMorrison It's a Windows thing. The latest versions of Windows removed the multi-channel capabilities. Installing the old drivers is reported to have solved this problem. There are posts on this forum about this problem (if you can find them). I'm sure someone will tell you which driver version to use.
      • October 3, 2020
    • daleSP
      daleSP Hi Dave: Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will have to live with/work around this issue as I like to keep Windows updated. I will keep searching this forum for relevant posts.
      • October 3, 2020
  • Slash75
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-03

I want to record my amp sound using GO GUITAR PRO. I have plugged my guitar into the guitar input and my amp into the amp input.

When I record I only hear the dry sound. How do I record the sound from the amp instead?

0 75
    • Slash75
      PedroRodrigues Hi Brett Spahr have you confirm the Gain on the Go Guitar Pro and is the output of the Go Guitar Pro connected via " TS mono, unbalanced?
      • October 4, 2020
      • Recording Amp with Go Guitar Pro
        Slash75 Yes, the gain is up on the Go Guitar Pro and it is connected using a standard guitar cable. I am recording into Logic on a mac.
        • October 8, 2020
  • gzsombor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-03

Hello, 

I'm using a umc22 for casual listening and sometimes for music production. The problem is that sometimes it starts to crackle for a bit and sometimes it outputs a continous whitenoise. I have it on 48k sample rate, high priority and normal latency. Does anybody know what can cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 773
    • gzsombor
      Nigel67 Hi Zsombor. is the noise happening when you are recording or on playback? If it is when you are recording, are you hearing the noise in the analogue domain? If when recording, if you press the direct monitoring button, do you still hear the noise. It may be worth changing the buffer size just to see if that fixes the issue. Are you connected to a USB HUB. If so, it may be worth connecting directly to the computer. If you are connected to a USB socket, then try another one. Is this an issue that has been there since you purchased the unit or just started happening? Does the issue happen if you connect the unit up, but just let it sit there not passing audio. If so, then it could well be an issue with the unit itself, maybe the USB cable. If it does make the noise just sitting there, do you have another computer that you can connect the unit to for testing. If you then still get an issue, I would suggest that the unit is faulty and I would advise going to the support tab at the top of the page and submitting a service request ticket.
      • October 4, 2020
      • Random crackling with UMC22
        gzsombor Hi thanks for the reply! I don't record at all I just use it for casual playback. It happens while idling as well but it is completely random. It is connected right with negligible interference. One thing that is interesting that if I unplug it and connect it back it stops right away and doesn't come back for quite a while.
        • October 5, 2020
      • Random crackling with UMC22
        Nigel67 I am afraid that it is very difficult to diagnose this type of issue. If it was a clocking issue then I would expect the problem to be more frequent. Have you checked the sample rate on the program you are using to playback on? It could also be an issue with the 5 volts supply the unit from the computer. i would advise maybe trying the other USB ports in turn to see if the issue goes away on one of them. Are you connected to a PC laptop, tower or a MAC? Try another cable just in case the one you have has worn out connectors. the quickest way to determine where the issue lies is if you have another computer that you could try the UMC22 on.
        • October 5, 2020
  • Blanko1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-02

Hello, I have a problem that is giving me severe headaches.

I have installed the latest driver that appears on the Behringer page for this interface UMC204HD (v. 4.59) in a new pc that I built, there seems to be no problem since windows correctly detects the device with its inputs and outputs, however, the interface it works only until I stop occupying the sound of my pc for a few minutes, when I try to play something again nothing works, the clearest problem is when I try to open youtube and it does not load anything at all until I switch to the realtek audio device, the video magically starts playing automatically.

In order for it to work again, I have to disconnect and reconnect the interface in a different usb port, then it works for a few minutes with a youtube video only until I stop occupying the sound of my pc again and go back to the same loop.

Things I already tried:

-Deactivate all drivers except for the interface
    -Change all frequencies to 44.1hz and 48.0hz from the advanced windows sound options.
    -Remove the audio option in exclusive mode
    -Uninstall and reinstall all drivers
    -Restart the pc

-----------
    Specs:

Behringer U-phoria UMC204HD
    Windows 10 Pro 64x in SSD
    Asrock b450m pro4
    Ryzen 5 2600
    16 GB Ram 3200hz
    Rx 580 8 GB
    -----------

I would greatly appreciate your help.

PS: There are times when I try to move a frequency setting and press the "test" button I get a message saying "There is another application using the device".

PS.2: When I open the sound configuration panel, specifically in the playback tab, I have no problem making changes, however these do not give the result I am looking for. On the other hand, when I enter the "Record" tab there is a type of delay, that is, it takes a few seconds to enter the tab, I don't know if that is something important, but taking into account that everything is installed on a ssd and it is not overloaded that should not happen.

read more...
    1 277
    • Blanko1
      RexBeckett Open Windows Control Panel -> Device Manager, open Properties for the USB ports and check the Power Management tab. Your PC may be shutting of the USB ports to save power.
      • October 2, 2020
      • [Help] Behringer UMC204HD audio problem
        Blanko1 Hello! thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention that I did that too, it was one of the first things I tried but apparently it didn't work and it stayed the same.
        • October 2, 2020
  • sfbayjay
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-10-01

I have been all over the web today trying to get answers to a few questions. Maybe someone here can help clarify a few things about the input characteristics and controls on the UMC404HD.

1. My understanding is that the INST/LINE switch for each of the combo input jacks ONLY affects the TRS (center) part of the jack and has no impact on the XLR. Is that correct?

2. If #1 above is correct, published specs suggest a single non-switchable input impedance of 3 kOhm for the XLR connector. Correct?

3. For the switchable impedance on the TRS inputs, published specs suggest that setting the INST/LINE switch to "INST" makes the TRS impedance 1 MOhm. But - there is NO published spec for the TRS impedance when the "LINE" position is selected (see attached pic from user guide. Does anyone know what the TRS "LINE" input impedance is?

4. Finally - does anyone have specs on what the output impedances are? I see published values for the insert jacks, but nothing for the outputs.

Thanks for any help

read more...
    0 157
    • sfbayjay
      RexBeckett I measured the input impedance of my UMC404HD. The XLR input is 3K with Pad out and 9.1K with Pad in. The TRS input impedance is 42K for Line and 1M for Inst - Pad did not affect the impedance. The Line/Inst switch has no effect on the XLR input.
      • October 1, 2020
      • UMC404HD Input Impedance
        ftf I'm just curious. How did you measure the impedances?
        • January 5, 2021
      • UMC404HD Input Impedance
        RexBeckett I used an NTI MR-Pro. It is my favourite source for audio testing. It displays load impedance up to 50K directly. For higher impedances I use a series resistor and measure the voltage drop with an NTI Minilyzer.
        • January 5, 2021
  • kilohertz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

Hi,

I have a TC helicon play acoustic. I tried to connect play acoustic to my pc using USB cable but my DAW can't find play acoustic.

Can you help me how to connect play acoustic to DAW?

Thanks

read more...
    0 91
    • kilohertz
      Nigel67 Can you tell me what type of computer you are using and what OS is it running. Is the computer seeing the play acoustic in its USB settings? Have you downloaded voicesupport and if so, does voicesupport see your Play Acoustic? If you are using Windows, have you set up Play Acoustic as your Recording and Playback devices? This video may help. It is for Windows 7 but if you are using 10 it is very similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEvhX3Vhec
      • October 1, 2020
  • Julinko
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-30

I have the Behringer UMC204, want to connect it to Windows 7 Professional PC via USB 2.0.

I installed the driver for W7 Ver.4.59.0 downloaded from the Dehringer site. Driver installation was successful, I can see the Behringer UMC 204HD 192k device both in Playback as well as in Recording devices in Windows Sound settings. Both are set as default devices. Nevertheless, although the Playback device works (I can hear the test voice), the Recording device doesn't work.

When checking in the driver UMC Control Panel, in the format sheet the Input window is gray and it seems to be different from the  Output window (see screenshot). In fact the PC system seems not to recognize input from the device. In my DAW (ProTools) the input device is not recognized.

The microphone is connecte do input 1 and the LEDs (SIG and also CLIP) are flashing, so the device itself recognizes the microphone signal. But the PC doesn't.

Can you help to identify the problem, please?

read more...
    0 625
    • Julinko
      Nigel67 Hi Julius, the above settings are correct so we need to look at a setting on your computer. First of all, can you open the Sound menu on the PC and go to the Recording setting. To the right hand side of this page, you can see a bargraph. When you are talking into your microphone, does the bargraph light. It should do. If it does, then you need to take a look at the settings in your DAW. If you go to the Playback tab, you will also see a bargraph which lights when you are playing back audio to the UMC204HD. You said that this works so you should see the bargraph light. You do have the main out gain pot turned up? Let me know what you find. Is this a brand new unit or has it worked previously? Do you have another computer whether Windows 7, 10 or MAC that you can try the unit on just to make sure audio passes in both directions on the USB
      • October 1, 2020
    • Julinko
      Julinko Hello Nigel, thank you very much for your feedback. First, answer to your question - it is a brand new unit, I am a new user of this Behringer and now I am a happy new user, because the problem is solved.
      • October 1, 2020
    • Julinko
      Julinko ...sorry, I posted the previous answer prematurely. So, yes the problem is solved. The solution was to plug the device to another USB port (how simple!) I browsed the historical experience and I knew that this sometimes helps, so I did, but I tried only 2 of USD ports. My PC has 4, but the 2 were occupied, but then I finally tried the 3rd one and it started to work.
      • October 1, 2020
Go to page