Statistics

260,027 members
138,485 posts
  • New
    Speedring5422
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-07

I upgraded to newest version of Cubase and 11.5 and also a Windows update occured. I am able to select the driver and input from x 32 rack is seen. The Output is seen active in the sound setup section of Windows but no sound is coming out as it used to.

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    tomkejz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Hi,

for several months I have a problem with accidental long audio dropouts on Main Out (TRS). At the same time the audio from Headphone Out works fine. It happens accidentally during different situations as watching videos, listening music of working in Ableton Live. I'm on Mac mini M1 with MacOS Big Sur 11.6.

I can't resolve whether it is the audio interface problem or MacOS problem as there is no trace of any problem except the Main Out is silent.

read more...
    0 9
    • tomkejz
      PedroRodrigues Hi tomkejz, please consider that if the Headphones operate correctly as you have reported, that means that the signal input is correctly configured and considering that the UMC404HD does not offer any internal audio matrix this may be caused by your OSX.
      Taking in to account that we have seen reports from Apple, where they released specific software to allow tools developed for the Intel chip to operate with the new Mac M1 chip, this can lead us to believe that in some cases this may also happen with units developed to operate with the Intel chip core audio such as UMC404HD.
      In this case I would suggest contacting Apple directly to request for any guidance on this matter.
      Thank you
      • Oct 9
  • New
    HellRey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

Greetings. I am having a problem with simultaneous audio playback on all outputs of my sound card. When I select the default device (1-10), Windows gives an error.

0 20
  • New
    cautrindade62
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

If I turn ON the Phantom Power to use a Condenser Mic (UMC404HD), are other connected Mics or instruments that don't need phantom power in any danger of damage, since the phantom power will run into all channels ??

0 20
    • cautrindade62
      WilliamR Hello, No, phantom power will not damage devices that don't use it, the third pin on the xlr that sends power is not wired on a dynamic mic that doesn't use phantom power. So there is no danger of damage, the same goes for instruments. Phantom power is not passed on 1/4 inch cables.
      • Oct 6
      • UMC404 HD 48V Phantom Power - If ON, are other MICs and instruments in danger?
        jamespercival This is not the case: although phantom power will not damage dynamic microphones, it is not because “the third pin is not connected” (it is, as the connection is balanced), it is due to the transformer in the dynamic mic’s output stage. Ribbon microphones, unless they have an active front end which requires phantom power, will be destroyed by having phantom power connected to their output, and an dual XLR to 3.5mm adapter cable will pass phantom power to the headphone output of e.g. a phone or laptop, very likely destroying it.
        • Oct 8
    • cautrindade62
      WilliamR “Signal flow” of phantom power

Phantom power FAQ
      Now that you know how phantom power is and why it’s required, here are some of the most commonly asked questions we receive about phantom power. We’ve also included some tips and tricks to help get the most out of your phantom powered gear.

Do I need phantom power for my guitar?

Phantom power is not required for your guitar. However, some active guitar DI boxes will need it. Refer to the DI box Owners Manual for specific power requirements, however.

Why isn’t my condenser microphone working even with phantom power turned on?

Besides a potentially bad cable, one reason could be that it isn’t receiving enough power. Some older or inexpensive consoles or interfaces may be labeled as +48V but doesn’t generate the entire 48 volts necessary. While some condenser microphones can operate on voltages as low as 9 volts, there will be signal loss and decreased performance. In cases like these, you will need an external power supply.

Can you damage a ribbon microphone with phantom power?

This is a hotly debated topic, and the answer is “not necessarily.” Active ribbon microphones will require phantom power. However, ribbon microphones should never be plugged into a preamp with phantom power engaged. There are two ways you can damage a passive ribbon microphone. Improper wiring of the XLR cable used, and live patching (also known as hot-patching) on a TRS patch bay. Check out this article to learn about the relationship between ribbon mics and phantom power from our friends at Royer Labs.

Do I need phantom power for a dynamic microphone?

Dynamic microphones do not require phantom power. However, there are some very low output dynamic microphones, such as the Shure SM7B (which has an output level is -69dBV), which require a preamp to boost the signal. If the preamp you connect the microphone to is active, you will then need to turn the phantom power on.
      • Oct 12
  • New
    Flaviovernia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-04

Buongiorno.

Ho collegato una consolle Pioneer ddj400 al PC tramite una U-phoria um2 ma il volume che arriva alle casse è molto basso, anche con tutti i volumi al massimo.

Come amplificatore uso il subwoofer in dotazione con le casse.

Grazie Flavio

read more...
    0 13
    • Flaviovernia
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Flaviovernia, is it possible to provide more in-depth information on your setup? For example what operating system are you using?
      Which DAW are you using?
      What speakers are being used?
      What input on the UM2 is being used?
      What type of cable are you using?

Thanks in advance.
      • Oct 4
      • U-phoria um2
        Flaviovernia PC con win10. Driver aggiornato. Tutti i cavi sono con RCA tranne input nella um2 con jack e adattatore.
        • Oct 4
      • U-phoria um2
        Flaviovernia Il percorso è: Ddj400 out, subwoofer in, subwoofer out, um2 in, um2 out, speakers in. Ilpc che comanda la ddj400 non è lo stesso che uso x la um2
        • Oct 4
    • Flaviovernia
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Flaviovernia, thanks for the follow-up.

Can you please tell me the make and model of the subwoofer/speakers being used?
      Have you also tried running from the DDJ 400 directly into the UM2 and is there any difference in level this was?

As also requested can you please let me know what DAW(Digital Audio Workstation) you are using?
      • Oct 4
  • New
    sab44077
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-02

My UMC22 when connected to GarageBand in my MacBook Air does not work properly.  It seems to not allow change to the Master sound input.  What needs to be changed?

0 9
  • New
    Bradds94
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-01

Hello

Ive been considering purchasing a UMC1820 unit, but I can't find any information about its compatibility with Mac OS Big Sur and on the new M1 chip. 

Does anyone know if this will work ? 

Thanks 

read more...
    0 10
    • Bradds94
      DavidKnighton Hello Bradds94,
      The UMC1820 is Class Compliant, and Apple utilizes Core Audio, so the two are fully comptabile.
      • Oct 1
  • New
    peterkirklive
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-09-27

Some say none, some say use the behinger ones, some say not, some say find / use the old driver...................some say ASIO, other say not, some say ASIO 4 ALL, some not, Hence i unplugged this over a year ago in utter confusion and despair.........any ideas guys? 

Thanks

Peter

read more...
    0 10
    • peterkirklive
      Nigel67 Hi peterkirklive. You haven't mentioned which product this is for, however we always advise that you use the driver we specify on the website. I think I know which old driver you are describing. Yes, some people still use it and will say that it is better than the ASIO4ALL version, however we would not advise using the ASIO4ALL driver if we didn't think it wasn't fit for purpose. I guess it all comes down to preference in the end. Some people prefer to use a driver issued by the manufacturer rather than a third party. Using either one, you are not going to damage anything. We do not support the old driver any more so eventually it will probably stop working with a Windows software release. You can always install one version and if you don't like it, uninstall it and install the other one.
      • Sep 27
  • New
    QuQusiki
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-27

People help me. We need a circuit for the Behringer u-phoria umc22 sound card. Preferably with a voltage value. the number HI - 12A2007R is written on the board itself

0 12
  • New
    HanVertegaal
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-23

Hi, Can someone tell me what type of anti-aliasing filters are used in the XR-18? This information is needed to use the device in accredited measurements.

0 15
    • HanVertegaal
      Dale_M

This info can be found in the datasheets of the ADC (Cirrus CS5368) and DAC (Cirrus CS4385) that are used in XR18. This can be searched from your web browser.
      • Sep 24
    • HanVertegaal
      HanVertegaal

Thanks for the pointer!

• Sep 24
Go to page