Statistics

254,455 members
132,142 posts
  • New
    GreyFACE
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

Hi everyone,

up until a couple days ago my setup (ADA8200<->RME Babyface / 2 cables) worked just fine, and now there is no more sound coming from the ada8200 to Totalmix / RME Babyface Pro. On the front of the ada8200 the input signal lamp is flickering according to the signal I put in, the ADA is set to Slave and the green 'locked' LED is on (which means the two devices are talking to one another?). 

The Babyface's firmware is up to date. 

Has anyone any ideas what I'm missing? Help would be super much appreciated! :)

regards, Tobias

read more...
    0 9
    • GreyFACE
      WilliamR Hello, William from music tribe here. Please click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket so someone can contact you directly to troubleshoot this for you.
      • Sep 17
  • New
    dtgriscom
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-09

I'm trying to use an Ultramatch Pro SRC2496 to test an AES/EBU device. I'd like to use the SRC2496's A/D converter to convert my analog to 48kHzs AES/EBU, hand it to the device under test, and then take the resulting AES/EBU and use the D/A converter to convert it back to analog.

The test isn't going well, so as a check I'm plugging a cable directly from the SRC2496's digital out back to its digital in, and then trying to run analog audio through it. No dice: the SRC2496 always behaves as if no cable is connected.

Cables:

• 2 x XLR analog source cables connected to Analog Inputs
    • 2 x XLR analog destination cables connected to Analog Outputs
    • XLR cable from DIGITAL INPUT XLR to DIGITAL OUTPUT XLR
    • Power ;)

Settings:

• Gain knob: 0
    • Mode: A/D & D/A CONV
    • Sample rate: 48kHz
    • Clock: Internal
    • Format: AES/EBU
    • Word length: 24 bit
    • Dither, Emphasis and Copy: all off

With "Source" set to "Analog In", I can see the meters bouncing with my source audio, but change it to "Analog Output" and I see nothing. The "ERROR" LED is off, and the "PLL LOCK" LED is green.

All of this is the same whether or not I have the AES/EBU loopback cable connected.

Can the SRC2496 loop digital audio back this way?

read more...
    0 14
  • New
    rofearail
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-12

I wonder if anyone can advise me, please, if the Behringer ADA8200 microphone preamp can be internally modified, to bypass the ADAT circuitry? I only need to use the analogue preamps, directly from input front XLRs to the output rear XLRs. I am a competent audio engineer and can solder modify electronic circuits, once I have the diagram. I also am not worried about voiding the warranty. Thank you.

read more...
    0 57
    • rofearail
      Paul_Vannatto You don't need to modify anything internally. Just get a short TosLink cable and connect the ADAT Out to the ADAT In and the output of the preamps will go out the XLR outputs. I have used my ADA8000 (older model) as an 8 chan DI with this configuration.
      • Aug 12
    • rofearail
      GaryHiggins I’ve used the 8200 in the same way, short cable from Adat out to Adat in. Works great.
      • Aug 12