Statistics

224,441 members
98,777 posts
  • New
    SpockAndStepR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

can someone send me the Controller addresses for the Behringer Odyssey? I've been trying to automate some parameters in my DAW and I haven't been able to find the controller addresses in the manual.

0 14
    • SpockAndStepR
      DavidKnighton Hello Spock,
      I'm not certain you can automate parameters on the Odyssey. It's completely analog workflow, no digital controls. What exactly are you hoping to automate with this synth?
      • Jan 29
      • Behringer Odyssey Controller addresses
        SpockAndStepR the filter frequency. I was watching a tutorial on how to route midi from FL studio to my analog synthesizer, (it worked) and while I was watching it, it said that I could "control" any parameter of an analog synth by finding out the Controller addresses... if my initial post was worded kinda weird, here's a link to the video:
        https://youtu.be/xRRaeCw7P2Y?t=111
        • Jan 29
  • New
    danbaileyak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

Hello, I recently purchaed an X Touch One, and according to the instructions, I should be able to use a standard midi sustain pedal as a record-toggle footswitch with Logic Pro X. However, when I plug a pedal into the jack on the back of the unit and press the footswitch, the unit seems to get confused. It gets stuck in a glitchy recording loop inside Logic Pro, and the lights on the X Touch One go all haywire. The only remedy is to power off the unit and unplug the footswitch.

I've tried using two different footswtiches, both standard 1/4" midi sustain pedals, and the unit exhibits the same behavoir, no matter which one is connected. Please note, I'm running the X Touch One firmware to the latest version (v.1.08) and using the X Touch One in the Logic configuration.

Am I missing something? Is there anything specific I need to do inside Logic to properly set up the unit so it recognizes the record-toggle command doesn't get confused? Or do I have a defective unit.

Thanks,

Dan B.

read more...
    0 83
    • danbaileyak
      PedroRodrigues Hi danbaileyak, I believe you have the unit on MC mode to operate with LOGIC have you tried to set up the unit in MIDI mode to control your pedal.
      If you are using the X-TOUCH ONE in a MIDI mode, select it in your DAW as a MIDI controller. Please confirm with your DAW’s MIDI Learn functions, and you will be able to map each button and feature of the X-TOUCH ONE to a function and control on your DAW.
      Please assign the unit to MIDI mode and please confirm that you have assigned the following message for your pedal as per below :
      MIDI Send CC
      Foot Switch: Control Change 64 (push: value 127, release: value 0)
      MIDI Send Note
      Foot Switch: Control Change 64 (push: value 127, release: value 0)
      I hope this helps
      • Jan 29
    • danbaileyak
      danbaileyak Thank you for getting back to me. I am currently using the X Touch One in LOGIC Mode. I prefer to use it this way, so that I don't have to reassign all of the buttons on the unit. By default, in Logic Mode, Pedal A is set to "Play or Stop," but as you saw in my video, this doesn't seem to work correctly. If I plug the footswitch into a different midi interface, I can get it to work just fine, so that's why I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my X Touch One, or if it simply doesn't work properly with the sustain pedal footswitch.
      • Jan 29
      • X Touch One Footswitch Problem
        PedroRodrigues Hi danbaileyak, form your description it seem that this is a matter that is related with your DAW MIDI implementation, as you stated the unit work with the Pedal work just not the way you wish to implement. I this case I would suggest to search for information on LOGIC support. Thank you
        • Feb 2
  • New
    Manofc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Greetings, Just getting started with my X touch Compact. I plug it into my new PC laptop ... My computer sees it but X touch editor doesnt?

Carl

0 32
    • Manofc
      PedroRodrigues Hi Manofc regarding setting up your unit please be aware that X-TOUCH COMPACT has 16 endless encoder, searches have a detent and push function (not illuminated), and a13-segment amber L E D ring. The top row of 8 knobs are typically used in Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)applications for fine control of parameters such as level or pan control of channel s 1to 8, and the 8-knob son the right can be used for individual level and EQ adjustments.
      Select buttons – these 3 x 8 buttons are typically used for DAW mixer channel applications such as solo or mute of channel s 1to 8 .
      Faders – these touch-sensitive motorized 100 mm faders are typically used for fine control of level functions in DAW applications. There are 8 channel faders and 1 master on the right. The faders can also be used for draw bar control of virtual organs. For this use, the value range can be inverted in the X - TOUCH editor software (min = 12 7, max = 0). Typical drawbar organ printing (16’, 5 1 ⁄3’, 8,etc.) can be found next to the fader numbers (1,2,3..).
      Select buttons – these 9 buttons are typically used for lighting applications (spot light on/off),and sample triggering (notes on/off).
      MC button – this select button can also be used to switch the unit between Mackie Control mode and standard mode. See the “Getting Started” section for more details.
      Select buttons – these 6 buttons are typically used for DAW transport applications (e.g. p lay, rec, stop). They can also be reconfigured using the X - TOUCH editor software.
      Layer A and B buttons – these 2buttons allow se lection between preset layer A (mixer control) and B (instrument control), in standard mode. In MC mode, there are different assignments. Presets can be saved or loaded to and from the computer using the X-TOUCH editor software.
      LED section – these L EDs show the status of the X - TOUCH COMPAC T : INTERFACE USB – lit when the unit is connected correctly to the USB port of a live computer MIDI IN – lit when MIDI data is received MIDI OUT – lit when MIDI data is sent out FOOTSW – lit when the foot switch is in operation FOOT EXP – lit when the expression pedal is in operation MODE MC – lit when the unit is in Mackie Control mode
      USB HUB – these 2 USB type A connectors are used for connecting external USB hardware such as a USB mouse, a keyboard, USB MIDI controllers such as the X - TOUCH M I N I, and USB M I DI keyboards. The Hub communicates directly to the computer and not to the X - TOUCH COMPACT. Each connector can supply 5V USB power. The hub is only active when the X - TOUCH COMPACT is powered on, and in USB mode, connected to a live computer via the USB MIDI connector.
      USB MIDI – this USB type B connector is used to connect to a computer’s USB port for MIDI data transfer (send/receive), and USB Hub communications. The X - TOUCH COMPACT will operate in USB mode when connected to a live computer via the supplied USB cord. I t can also operate in stand-a lone mode with no USB connection

MIDI OUT – this 5-pin DIN connector sends MIDI data to external MIDI devices. In USB mode, the X - TOUCH COMPACT only sends MIDI data received directly from the host computer. In stand-a lone mode, it sends M I DI data from the X - TOUCH COMPAC T, merged with any MIDI IN signals.
      MIDI IN – this5-pin DIN connector receives MIDI data from external M I DI devices. In USB mode, the X - TOUCH COMPACT routes any incoming MIDI data only to the host computer. In stand-a lone mode, it routes it to the MIDI OUT connector (thru data) and sends it to the X - TOUCH COMPACT (parameter feedback).
      Foot Control Expression Pedal – this ¼ " connector is used for a standard swell pedal for continuous MIDI data control. The editor software allows control over the MIDI data assignment and control behavior.
      Foot Control Foot Switch – this ¼ " connector is used for a standard sustain pedal for momentary or toggle MIDI data control. The editor software allows control over the MIDI data assignment, switch behaviour and polarity.
      The X-TOUCH COMPACT is a very useful helper to expand software DAW/instrument control with 39 handy illuminated buttons,16 rotary push-encoders, and 9 touch-sensitive motorized 100 mm faders. It can also be used as a stand-alone trigger controller for mobile/ live performance. It has predefined standard MIDI assignments in 2 selectable preset layers: A (mixer control) and B (instrument control),and an MC(Mackie Control) mode. Editing (if required) can be done using the free X-TOUCH editor software. Alternatively, your DAW or soft instrument can “learn” the assigned X-TOUCH COMPACT functions.
      The X-TOUCH COMPACT is a USB Class Compliant MIDI device, and so no driver installation is required. This application is the only way that the MIDI functions of the unit can be edited, and the firmware updated.
      To switch between standard operating mode and MC (Mackie Control) mode, press and hold down the MC button in the bottom left corner, and then turn on the unit’s power switch.
      Keep holding down the MC button until the MC MODE LED lights continuously to show that the unit is in MC mode. The unit will stay in the current mode even when the unit is turned on or off. Repeat this procedure to change back to standard mode, only this time, make sure the MC MODE LED turns off instead.
      The X-TOUCH COMPACT will detect if a computer is connected to the USB MIDI socket: If it is, then USB Mode is active. If not, then it will automatically switch to Stand Alone Mode.
      For more information on how to set up this unit please follow the link below
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFLc9d-AH0

Thank you
      • Jan 28
  • New
    aronwilson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hi,

I have an x touch that I can't get to connect with a new Macbook Pro (M1 chip, Big Sur)  I have tried to update the firmware from 1.15 to 1.21 but SysEx librarian won't send the firmware to the X touch and it also did not work on a PC using Bome SendSX.  Do you know how I might update the firmware.

Or maybe the X touch can't be used with the new M1 chip?

read more...
    1 48
    • aronwilson
      PedroRodrigues Hi aronwilson Please consider that new Macs with Apple M1 (ARM-based) processors are not yet officially supported. Audio issues with m1 are purely Apple‘s domain or can also be DAW related, as our devices are class compliant and do not need drivers under Mac OS. Thank you
      • Jan 25
    • aronwilson
      Callaman Hi . I updated my X Touch and SysEx directly on my MacMini M1 and everything seems to work perfectly except one thing. When I touch a fader the lcd reacts and works but it will not select the track just by touching the fader as it did before. Before , just by touching faders it selected the track on the x touch and daw also . Now I have to press the select Botton . Not a big issue but slows down the workflow just a little. Hope my English is comprehencible . Thanx
      • Jan 28
    • aronwilson
      aronwilson Update: I was able to follow the solution presented here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252207923
      • Jan 28
  • New
    tkloppholz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

Hi there,

i recently bought a x-touch compact for my xr18 to avoid the tablet controls.

i've read the pooly written manual and surfed the poorly created website. - 

The connections are 1:1 as in the manual, but the midi notes seems to be a way off (like the first fader is the second channel and so on and so on.

there is a firmware update for the x touch compact, (the 1.12 ) with a realy funny name (note: Never add MAIN TEST MERGE to a firmware name. it is highly amteur like and i guess the "all Software packages for windows are in version NEW, NEEW, NEEEW and NEEEEW available)

How do i flash the firmware ?

how do i configure the xr18 ?

and how why should we be nice to behringer when they deliver such a crap ?

greetings Thomas

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    Boomboom354
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

Is the X Touch One compatible with Pro Tools 2020-12? I keep getting error messages under the HUi protocol. Works fine in Studio One, so I know it's not my connections.

0 18
  • New
    Volkant
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-18

Hi, i have behringer bcr2000. When i turn on it, "Load" text appears on screen and only store and learn buttons are light. 

The device does not respond at all. Sometimes all lights are on or 888888 characters are displayed on the screen, but mostly the load screen is displayed. 

I can not use the device in any way. What can I do?

read more...
    0 28
    • Volkant
      DavidKnighton Hello Volkant,
      Is the device previously owned or have you yourself owned it for some time? Are you attempting to interface it to a DAW or instrument? You may want to submit a technical support request using the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page. Provide as much details on your setup, as well as any history with the device.
      • Jan 18
      • Bcr2000 "Load"problem
        Volkant I created a ticket so maybe I can get an answer sooner, I wrote it here too
        I took the device from a friend last week and he told me that it works without any problems He also sent a photo, but when I turn on the device, load text appears on the screen most of the time and I cannot do anything, sometimes the lights and the screen text change automatically I sent the youtube link, please watch it.
        • Jan 18
      • Bcr2000 "Load"problem
      • Bcr2000 "Load"problem
        DavidKnighton Hello Volkant,
        It's difficult to tell what's going on in the video, looks sporadic. It almost looks like it's losing power intermittently. I would check to ensure the power cable is making a proper fit. Beyond that, it might be have a boot issue.
        • Jan 19
  • New
    КонстантинКаза
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-16

Hello is there a version X-Touch Editor for MacOS 

0 13
  • New
    Bassmannnn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi,

I know the X-touch can control the XR18 through a computer with just the USB cable from X-Touch connected. Are anyone aware of if there is a trick to do the same with X-touch One.

I use the X-touch with my DAW, but sometimes I just use XR18 as a soundcard and it could be nice if I could use X-Touch One fader just to adjust Volume eg.  I'm pretty sure it can be done, but not how. Question is have Behringer already this solution implemented witout telling:-)

I will look forward to hear anything from you.

br
    Steen 

read more...
    0 28
    • Bassmannnn
      john0121 Hi Bassmannnn, no X CTRL on the X TOUCH ONE unfortunately- only on the full size X TOUCH.
      • Jan 13
  • New
    rjsa31
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-09

Any way to connect the x-touch controller with the x-touch extender for the mr-18? the controller connects - no problem all banks and channels - but I can't fond the right mode for the extender to connect and control the first 8 channels.

1 22
    • rjsa31
      DaveMorrison The Extender can't communicate with the MR18 because it doesn't "speak" the correct protocol. C3PO could help : ) See this link from a few days ago to view a discussion about possible workarounds. https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/106328/309660/x-touch-not-working
      • Jan 9
      • connect the x-touch controller with the x-touch extender
        JamesOLeary C3PO could help? that's just an insult to the intelligence of users who put faith in a faulty product with false specs. and the only answer provided is something that only becomes more challenging to everyday users. Nothing simple, nothing neat in order to work with XR18 or any DAW for that matter. Please provide a better reply Dave.
        • Mar 24
Go to page