Statistics

227,666 members
102,436 posts
  • Mtlmusicman
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-09-03

Hey all, 

I am curious as to how many X-Touch Extenders can I cascade together after my X-Touch?

I've seen three done but can you do more (5 or 6 units for example?)

Thoughts??

Cheers!!

M

read more...
    0 29
    • Mtlmusicman
      Nigel67 Hi Mario. Connecting to the X-Touch via USB, i.e daisy chaining the USbs together, the maximum will be 254 devices as this is the maximum number the protocol allows. Connecting via ethernet using a Hub, is limitless. Hope this answers your question.
      • September 3, 2020
      • How many X-Touch Extenders can I cascade together?
        Mtlmusicman Hi Nigel, It certainly does! Thanks so much!
        • September 3, 2020
  • Thierry91
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-01

Hello, X-Touch how such a beautiful machine is not an editor? I'm looking for a way to map keys for cubase 10.5 so if you have any ideas i'm okay, because currently i have 73 keys out of 92 working. X-Touch on cubase 10.5 and Windows 10, I am in Mackie Controle USB mode, thank you for your help.

read more...
    0 106
    • Thierry91
      DaveMorrison The X-Touch has no programmability (aside from the different modes). The only place you can change a function is within the DAW. Look at how you can customize controls form within Cubase.
      • September 1, 2020
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 It's a shame such a beautiful device not to be able to fully exploit it. I also wanted to take the X-touch Extender so I'm afraid it won't work and I can't do anything? And we can find someone to update the sysex for cubase on windows even paying? I programmed the keys with the generic periphery but it's the same with the button that works, no problem but the others don't work, not recognized.
      • September 2, 2020
      • X-touch
        DaveMorrison The X-Touch works very well with some software. Logic Pro X can use every button on the X-Touch and all the modifier keys. Cubase still has good support. Have you looked as custom shortcut keys within Cubase to. provide additional functionality?
        I also have and extender. It works well with Logic and is nearly useless when controlling my X32 mixer.
        • September 2, 2020
      • X-touch
        Thierry91 Yes I tried a manual manipulation in generic perephiric, but the key which does not work, it answers unknown. moreover when I do this the button does not light up anymore. I have no x32 unfortunately lack of space. That's why I would like to know if the extender will work.
        • September 2, 2020
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 Sorry for my English, I take google translate because I speak French
      • September 2, 2020
    • Thierry91
      Thierry91 Shéma graphique
      • September 2, 2020
    • Thierry91
      DaveMorrison There are forum members who make vinyl overlays for the X-Touch so that the button label will match the button function. A search for "x-touch overlay" will reveal several good results.
      • September 2, 2020
      • X-touch
        Thierry91 Yes cool but the buttons that don't work will be useless. I tested on Studio One so other buttons work and no other lol. I wonder if this is not from Cubase. So I deduce that it must be possible to improve it.
        • ·
        • September 2, 2020
  • rd3d2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-28

Couple of questions for anyone here who might know:
    1. Can I add an Extender to the X-Touch One?

2. Can I add an X-Touch Compact to the X-Touch One?

Do these two scenarios make sense given my starting point is an X-Touch one (and it looks as though I can get a compact for less than the cost of an extender although appreciate that I would lose the Scribble LCDs it looks like I would gain in additional controller knobs on the Compact?)

Thanks!

read more...
    0 37
    • rd3d2
      PedroRodrigues Hi rd3d2 Please the X-TOUCH EXTENDER is designed as an extension of X-TOUCH, no other model.

The X-TOUCH ONE is designed to be used alone (in a small setup studio but actually can be used it with Extenders, you just need to set the XT1 with a channel offset of 8 in your DAW.
      • September 2, 2020
  • DaveUricek
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-19

Hello all.

I have a situation that is driving me crazy that I cannot solve. When I’m mixing in Reaper 5.? while using my Behringer X-Touch and Behringer XR-18 to control faders, record, pause etc. Every time I hit stop or move the cursor my X-Touch goes back to the 1st bank of 8 faders. So if I’m working on tracks 17-24 and I move the cursor my X-Touch goes back to the first 8. I have tried to search the forums here and at Cockos with no luck. Any clues would be greatly appreciated

read more...
    0 22
    • DaveUricek
      NicJonesMT Hi Dave. Could you please confirm the following;
      Have you tested this in an alternative DAW and do you get the same behaviour?
      What FW are you using on the X-Touch?
      Are you using a Windows or Apple System?
      Could you please confirm the precise OS?
      Are you connecting to any Docks or using any external adapters?
      Can you send me some screen shots of exactly how the X touch is configured in Reaper?
      • August 19, 2020
  • freemoth
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-16

Hello all,

Trying to get some information on setting up x-touch mini in pro tools 12. I've got it in MC mode, set up as a midi input device and flagged it as HUI. Pro tools is unable to communicate with the controller. Frustrating. I'm running PT12 on Windows 7. And I've also tried everything running PT as an administrator.

Anyone figured this out?

Thanks

read more...
    0 33
    • freemoth
      NicJonesMT Hi FreeMoth.
      Sorry for the delay in contacting you.
      The XT Mini only works in MC or General MIDI Mode which means you cannot use it in HUI mode with Pro Tools 12.
      What you could do is contact Avid for the MIDI implementation for the DAW, and then using the X-Touch Editor Application (Windows Only) configure the controls on the XT Mini to the MIDI PC/CC required to control Pro Tools.
      • August 17, 2020
    • freemoth
      freemoth Thank you Nic, I'll give that a try.
      • August 18, 2020
  • Brandoe1107
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-13

My Behringer X touch control surface won't even show up on my computer it was working just fine 

0 35
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 Help me fix it please
      • August 13, 2020
    • Brandoe1107
      WilliamR Hello, Can you create a care ticket from the support tab above so we can troubleshoot this for you?
      • August 13, 2020
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 I did so
      • August 13, 2020
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 Case number in the picture
      • August 13, 2020
  • bucknodules
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-11

Does anyone know how to change the X-Touch One's shuttle wheel resolution? I'm using Studio One but I'm guessing changing resolution is similar for all DAWs. It's default is a 1 bar increment. I'm guessing there has to be a way to easily (besides changing the sysex message) increment length to 1/4 note, 1/8 note, seconds, etc.

Thank you for your help...

read more...
    0 26
    • bucknodules
      DavidKnighton Hi bucknodules. I would suspect this setting would be within Studio One, as the controller is simply spitting out messages, and the DAW is translating those messages. I would double up and check the Presonus forums to see if this has already been answered on their site. This link seems to have some guidance on the topic.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?t=21678&p=118856
      • August 12, 2020
  • egothrasher
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-11

I am currently running the smsl su8 DAC. I have that plugged into my PC via usb. I then have the monitor2usb connected to that via balanced cables to the monitor2usb input 1.

From the monitor2usb, I have my two monitors connected to monitor A. I then have monitor C, the mono channel connected to my subwoofer.

Thing is though, even at max volume, my sub is very low. This is with the DAC maxed out in volume. If I were to plug my sub directly from the DAC, it would be probably be 5-10x louder than it is currently through the monitor2usb. 

Any and all help appreciated.

read more...
    0 30
    • egothrasher
      WilliamR Hello, Which model subwoofer are you using?
      • August 11, 2020
    • egothrasher
      egothrasher Acoustic Audio PSW10. I know its not the sub, as I can hook it up directly to the DAC and with the same settings, the volume is 10x louder.
      • August 11, 2020
    • egothrasher
      WilliamR Have you tried pressing the -10 dBV +4 dBu button on the back of the Monitor2usb?
      • August 11, 2020
    • egothrasher
      egothrasher Yes, but that is only for the 2nd input, that's what the manual says though.
      • August 11, 2020
    • egothrasher
      WilliamR Can you create a care ticket from the support tab above and put it to my attention. I'll help you figure this out.
      • August 12, 2020
  • vincenttessier
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-24

Hello all,

I just received my brand new Berhinger X Touch One, that I will use with my macbook pro and Cubase 10.5 Elements. I updated the firmware to 1.07 and followed the step to set it up, (clicked on STOP + the knob to select Cubase as a DAW + then in Cubase did the proper set-up, see screen attached) it worked well for 10mn but then i started to have some issues. Basically the controls don't respond when I press them, but when I press play on my keyboard bar space, the controller is responding and I can see the music play, the timer / bars moving, if i click on a track, the fader moves etc but again, not the other way around, when I want to use the controller to change things in Cubase, it doesn't respond.

I am not so sure about the Generic Control section, isn't it redundant woth the Mackie control section?

Also, I changed the USB cable, i'm not using the one that was coming with the controller, I don't think that changes anything as to me a USB cable is a USB cable, right? Or do I have to use the one provided?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 49
  • BrokeHustlerz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-16
    cant find editing software
    0 23
Go to page