Statistics

174,636 members
42,259 posts
  • 2020-08-13

My Behringer X touch control surface won't even show up on my computer it was working just fine 

0 2
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 Help me fix it please
      • Thu at 3:00 PM
    • Brandoe1107
      William Reichling Hello, Can you create a care ticket from the support tab above so we can troubleshoot this for you?
      • 10 hours ago
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 I did so
      • 10 hours ago
    • Brandoe1107
      Brandoe1107 Case number in the picture
      • 10 hours ago
  • 2020-08-11

Does anyone know how to change the X-Touch One's shuttle wheel resolution? I'm using Studio One but I'm guessing changing resolution is similar for all DAWs. It's default is a 1 bar increment. I'm guessing there has to be a way to easily (besides changing the sysex message) increment length to 1/4 note, 1/8 note, seconds, etc.

Thank you for your help...

read more
    0 0
    • bucknodules
      David Knighton Hi bucknodules. I would suspect this setting would be within Studio One, as the controller is simply spitting out messages, and the DAW is translating those messages. I would double up and check the Presonus forums to see if this has already been answered on their site. This link seems to have some guidance on the topic.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?t=21678&p=118856
      • Wed at 9:24 AM
  • 2020-08-11

I am currently running the smsl su8 DAC. I have that plugged into my PC via usb. I then have the monitor2usb connected to that via balanced cables to the monitor2usb input 1.

From the monitor2usb, I have my two monitors connected to monitor A. I then have monitor C, the mono channel connected to my subwoofer.

Thing is though, even at max volume, my sub is very low. This is with the DAC maxed out in volume. If I were to plug my sub directly from the DAC, it would be probably be 5-10x louder than it is currently through the monitor2usb. 

Any and all help appreciated.

read more
    0 5
    • egothrasher
      William Reichling Hello, Which model subwoofer are you using?
      • Tue at 8:13 AM
    • egothrasher
      egothrasher Acoustic Audio PSW10. I know its not the sub, as I can hook it up directly to the DAC and with the same settings, the volume is 10x louder.
      • Tue at 10:44 AM
    • egothrasher
      William Reichling Have you tried pressing the -10 dBV +4 dBu button on the back of the Monitor2usb?
      • Tue at 4:37 PM
    • egothrasher
      egothrasher Yes, but that is only for the 2nd input, that's what the manual says though.
      • Tue at 7:00 PM
    • egothrasher
      William Reichling Can you create a care ticket from the support tab above and put it to my attention. I'll help you figure this out.
      • Wed at 3:58 PM
  • 2020-07-24

Hello all,

I just received my brand new Berhinger X Touch One, that I will use with my macbook pro and Cubase 10.5 Elements. I updated the firmware to 1.07 and followed the step to set it up, (clicked on STOP + the knob to select Cubase as a DAW + then in Cubase did the proper set-up, see screen attached) it worked well for 10mn but then i started to have some issues. Basically the controls don't respond when I press them, but when I press play on my keyboard bar space, the controller is responding and I can see the music play, the timer / bars moving, if i click on a track, the fader moves etc but again, not the other way around, when I want to use the controller to change things in Cubase, it doesn't respond.

I am not so sure about the Generic Control section, isn't it redundant woth the Mackie control section?

Also, I changed the USB cable, i'm not using the one that was coming with the controller, I don't think that changes anything as to me a USB cable is a USB cable, right? Or do I have to use the one provided?

Thanks!

read more
    0 5
  • 2020-07-16
    cant find editing software
    0 2
  • 2020-07-06
    I have been using the X-Touch one with ProTools 2019.10 for over a year and it has been flawless... Some report it can be buggy with ProTools but thats not been the issue... I am using a Firewire Apollo Quad 8 which has its own console and everything started when I started up my PC this morning... I am using Windows 10 Version 1809 because Version 1903 & 1909 are causing all kinds of Audio issues but not for all.... I can hit the spacebar on my PC and the X-Touch will follow but the Bars & Beats numbers are jumping 15 at a time... The console for the Apollo is only used during recording not for mixdown so it is not being used... I have chased this all day , even did a system restore on my PC , which is a Sweetwater Creation Station CS-450 top of the line... Thanks for any help????
    read more
    0 26
  • 2020-07-02
    Hello, I am using X-Touch with FW1.15 in Ableton live Suite 10, most of the time it works just fine, however there is some buggy behaviour. 1- Sometimes when I create a new track between tracks (Eg New track between Track 1 and 2) X-touch messes up, it is like it does not update the info correctly. For example new track would become track 2 and old track 2 would become track 3 but the controller still identifies new track 2 as old track 2. Saving and closing the project and reopening fixes this behaviour 2- Also sometime yo try to arm a track but the button does not light up (you can see it light up in ableton), deleting the track and undoing fixes this Anyone getting same behaviour?
    read more
    0 17
  • 2020-06-30
    The documentation shows that USB is supported in this mode. If I select MC mode I do have the USB option, and I can connect to my DAW in that mode. If I select Xctl/MC mode I only have Network and MIDI options and cannot connect to my DAW via USB. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
    read more
    0 28
    •  Patrick Corrigan
      Dave Morrison In Xctl/MC Mode, The DAW is alway connected by USB; thus, there is no choice. The Xctl section has the choice of Network or MIDI DIN to connect to the mixer.
      • Jun 30
      • X-Touch No USB option in Xctl/MC Mode
        Patrick Corrigan MC is how I'm connecting to the DAW over USB. Xctl connects to my XR18. As I said, if I select MC only, I have a USB option, which connects to my DAW. If I select Xctl/MC, I only have Network and MIDI options, and I cannot communicate with my DAW via USB.
        • Jun 30
    •  Patrick Corrigan
      Dave Morrison I under standyour connection scheme and it is correct. If the system is working correctly in Xctl/MC mode, your DAW is supposed to connect using MC protocol over USB. The transport buttons will control the DAW and the faders change depending on SMPTE/beats button. If it's not working, something is wrong with your X-Touch.
      When you're in Xctl/MC mode can your computer see the USB device (you can check in "system report")?
      • Jun 30
    •  Patrick Corrigan
      Chris Janton Have you pressed the "SMPTE/BEATS" button on the right of the display? That switches from XCTL to MCU
      • Jul 17
  • 2020-06-22
    I have recently bought an X touch which I'm using to control Logic Pro x via USB, this works very well. I have been trying to connect it to my XR18 via ethernet. I can connect it directly though it usually takes a few attempts to get it to connect but if I try to route it through a network switch so I can run X Air Edit at the same time using the same settings it will not connect. All ethernet cables have been tested, firmware is up to date and I have tried this with a switch and with a router both with no success. I am able to connect it using 2 midi cables. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    read more
    0 14
    • gmaudio
      Rex Beckett What settings are you using for the XR18 Setup -> LAN? Does your network switch have a DHCP Server function?
      • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      gmaudio Hi, XR18 is set to DHCP server, I have tried this with both a router with DHCP Server function and with just a switch that doesn't, X Air edit on MacBook pro connects with either option.
      • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      Rex Beckett Did you set the XTouch to DHCP mode? Does it find the XR18 IP address? Are you running XTouch firmware V1.5 (or later)?
      • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      gmaudio Yes DHCP mode, it displays correct IP for XR18, I updated X touch firmware to V1.5 when I got it.
      • Jun 22
      • X Touch ethernet connection with XR18
        Rex Beckett If it finds the XR18, it sould connect and synchronize to the mixer settings. You could try setting the XTouch to a fixed IP address that is in the same subnet as the XR18. It shouldn't make any difference but...
        • Jun 22
    • gmaudio
      Nic Jones Hi GM Audio

We actually have a video on our KB channel on setting X-Touch and XR18 (In Wlan mode). What I would recommend is to check out the video and then apply the relative steps (Mainly the X-Touch setup) to your system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8lh9xggqi4
      • Jun 24
        gmaudio Thanks but this video is showing WLAN mode, I am trying to connect both X touch and a MacBook running X-Air Edit over LAN with no success. I currently have connected have X-Air Edit Connected successfully over LAN and the X-Touch using Midi cables and this works OK. I just want to get to the bottom of why it won't connect via LAN
        • Jul 1
        Nic Jones The setup Procedure is pretty much the same, except when connecting directly via LAN, you need to take the IP address for the X-Touch from the X-Air Edit application.

If you click setup it should be in the bottom right hand corner.

If you are still having issues then please can you open a technical support ticket by clicking "Support" at the top of the page.
        • Jul 3
  • 2020-06-20
    Will the background light of the scribble script change when the XTOUCH is used as DAW controller?
    0 11
    •  Ayobami Israel
      Gary Higgins I believe not if memory serves. I have not tried it using a daw in a long while, just using my Core mixer but recall others saying they do not get color changes etc while using for a DAW
      • Jun 20
    •  Ayobami Israel
      hawkhopperks Every single stock picture of this thing on their site and others show the colors working... HHHOOOWWW!!!!?? Why is there no information about this ANYWHERE? If I assign a color in Logic... it should carry over to make it easy to find quick!
      • Jun 24
      • XTOUCH Scribblescrip
        Gary Higgins Hey, I could be wrong! I know colors work 100% with M32/X32-Edit, I think not for DAW's but I am NOT sure. I suggest starting a new thread, maybe one of the MG employees knows for sure. I use my Xtouch very little these days and have not kept up. Hope you get a good answer.
        • Jun 24