Statistics

250,908 members
128,127 posts
  • New
    putahslim
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

I am using an X-Touch Mini with Pure Data, receiving and sending MIDI data to and from it. Mostly, it works very well, but it has one behavior that keeps it from being truly useful for my music.

The LEDs in the buttons can be controlled by sending the appropriate MIDI notes and velocity values, but only if their layer (A or B) is currently selected. E.g. I can send a MIDI note-on of 1, velocity 1, and the first button will light up, *if layer A is selected*. Now, if I switch to layer B and send the same note-on (1, velocity 1), I would not expect the first button to light up, because the first button of layer B is controlled by note-on 25, but I would expect the *state* of the first button in layer A to be updated to 'on' so that when I switch back to layer A, it is lit up. This is not the case, however. Apparently, the note-on is ignored if it is not in the currently selected layer.

Because of this, it is not practical to use the two layers consistently.

Is it feasible to fix this?

Thank you,

Phil

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    Maax555
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-10

Second attempt as this message as first one crashed, probably due to the amount of time and words it was taking.

Purchased the X Touch and very dissapointed. Great looking and good feel but implementation very poor. Basic stuff works out of box but that leaves a stack of buttons that dont send the command they are labelled with or just dont work. I fail to understand this as the majority of the buttons on the X touch are found in Cubase. Things like undo, save, cancel, shift, click Etc are all mapped to something totally different and cannot be changed. Other controller I have and have had over the years came with software which would allow remapping of the buttons, X Touch does not. OK i though i will simply remap them in Cubase using the excellent generic remote functon. I have used this on loads of gear in the past with excellent results, not with X Touch. While Cubase will accept button presses and save them, they cant be remapped to send to another command. Never had trouble like this in the past other than my last Behringer purchase, the FCB1010 foot midi controller. Again out of the box this was fairly useless and not until I purchased a third party firmware chip was it really usuable. Oh how I wish some clever person would create a custom firmware for the X Touch. This unit is a few years old but still liiks modern and is still for sale under current items on the Behringer site. Therefore I would love to think they actually cared about customers and would release another firmware to fix everything, perhaps creat templated which we can choose upon setting up?

Failing that a software editor should be available. Its like getting in your car pressing the horn and your wipers come on. 

Ihave seen there is a guy that has created some scripts in PureData to try to work around the many short comings of the X Touch, however its not a simple task to install so I am hoping there is another way to get this to function as it should. They should not be allowed to call it universa. The scribble strips dont change colour unless used with another Behringer product, the cursor buttons dont light, infact there are several buttons that dont light even though the website shows they are lit. 

I am now going to look at the possibility of using Midi software to intercept the data from the X Touch and convert it to the correct data for that particular function Etc.

If anyone has Cubase and has this workiing better than it did out of the box I would really appreciate some advice otherwise it will be sold and will be the last Behringer purchase I ever make.

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    Ashleykeyte
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-01

Hello!

I have recently purchased a Xtouch Universal control surface. 

I have managed to link the device to Cubase using Mackie controls and assign tools to the function buttons. There are issues with the transport, global view, automation and utilty buttons not doing as written. The buttons themselves show a MIDI input level when pressed. 

I have updated the controller to the 1.21 firmware.

Please help!!

read more...
    0 32
    • Ashleykeyte
      DaveMorrison The X-Touch is a Mackie Control clone. Your best resource is the Cubase forums. Pretend the XTouch is a Mackie control unit and learn what a real MCU would do. Then do that to the X-Touch.
      • Aug 1
  • New
    JusRoc1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-30

Hello

here is a quick question

I was wondering if i were to buy an X Touch Compact, how many xtenders could I combine with the master unit in total?

Would I be able to connect enough to control 24 or 32 channels in total? Is it possible to connect even more? so as to give control for even 48 channels?

Thanks

read more...
    0 19
    • JusRoc1
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi JusRoc1, If connecting via the limit is 254 devices as this is dictated by the protocol. However, if you were to use the X-TOUCH and X-TOUCH extender and connect via ethernet In theory the number of devices is unlimited. However, in practice, this would never be able to be proven.
      • Jul 30
    • JusRoc1
      JusRoc1

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply and info. I was a little confused with regards to the question. Not so much due to the limitations of the MIDI protocol, but more so to do with the limitation of the HUI restrictions. Although perhaps the channel basic controls isn't included in this? I am not sure. Thanks again

• Jul 31
  • New
    JusRoc1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-30

Hello

Hope someone can help advise I am interested in the customisation features of the X Touch Extender,

and was wondering what exactly could be done with the customisation software, in particular with regards to

its use with the rotary encoders numbers 9 - 16.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the customisation software to permanently set  these rotary encoders into fx sends 1 - 8, so that they can be used to constantly adjust effect sends to what ever channel is selected at the time.

I would be really grateful if someone could clarify for me as to whether this can be done or not using this compact DAW control surface. 

read more...
    0 29
    • JusRoc1
      PedroRodrigues Hi JusRoc1 please consider that the X-TOUCH COMPACT is a controller unit and the software control and customization stage is performed on a DAW or any other control software you wish to implement.
      It is on this stage where you customize and implement the type of control you are required to control any specific encoders on this unit.
      I would suggest checking some DAW and MIDI developers to find specific customization solutions for the encoders you mentioned.
      Thank you
      • Aug 1
  • New
    RickDrevet
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-23

Does anyone know how to preogram the function buttons using Pro Tools?

0 35
  • New
    lynnmonk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-22

I've been looking for something to replace my DAW transport remote since it was made obsolete by a Mac OS update a few years ago. I've just come across the Behringer X-TOUCH MINI Midi Controller and it looks like a good candidate for the job, but my problem is this...

My live room where I want to use the remote is separated from my control room by a sealed soundproof "Room within a room" structure. I already tried the Logic Remote using a borrowed iPad and the wi-fi signal is too weak to run it successfully. Not only that, since it is Apple's fault that my old remote no longer works, there is no way I'm gonna fork out £hundreds for an iPad!

Whilst the
    Behringer X-TOUCH MINI Midi Controller appears to have more than enough functions for my needs, Amazon have told me that it will only work on USB2. My problem is that I have one USB connection sealed into the wall, but it is a 10metre standard cable, so it doesn't work. They didn't warn me of the length issue when they installed it. The only other way I have to get the signal to my DAW is to use USB to Ethernet converters and use my ethernet link that is also sealed into the live room.

So I need to know whether the controller will work with either...
    A> Some USB booster plugs on either end of the USB cable, or
    B> Using the ethernet link with USB adaptors on both ends.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 52
  • New
    JesseBusby
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-20

So I have a xTouch (full version) and 3 xTouch Extenders. They are connected via USB to each other (daisy-chained). I am trying to use them in Logic, but the 3 extenders are showing up with the same name inside of Logic and the software does not know what to do with it. The 3 extenders pick up the channels correctly in logic (channels 9 thru 32), but the 1st extender (2nd in the chain) keeps controlling all 3 extenders (i.e. channel 9 controls 9, 17, 25 etc...). But extenders 2 and 3 do not do anything if I move them.

Is there a way to rename the extenders so that Logic seems them as separate units?

read more...
    0 42
    • JesseBusby
      DaveMorrison Someone on this forum has solved this issue before. You might be able to search for it. As I recall, they connected all (or most) of the units via ethernet instead.
      • Jul 20
  • New
    IbrahimAdiSurya
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

i have behringer x touch mini, but i can't get xtouch mini editor software for mac os users. where can i get it?

0 42
  • New
    cahyobaskoro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

Hello, I've purchased a used BCF2000, the problem is when in zero position, the 1st fader is slightly below the rest of the fader.

I've tried run the calibration use method: turn off > hold learn button > turn on > release learn button, but the problem is still there.

Is there any physical adjustment to the fader, to align with the rest fader?

read more...
    0 52
Go to page