Statistics

284,945 members
166,811 posts
  • New
    DamienKyle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-04

Hey there,

Occasionally AES501would flash in and out of sync on Pro2C, but a quick restart fixes that as it really only stays solid with stagebox powered on before desk, but now red lights are blinking on some 251 stage box outputs. Lost an IEM output yesterday and had to repatch to an unused one. Should the lights be solid red when an XLR is attached? What is the status of solid/blinking lights? Output active, XLR connected?
    One output's light went off completely but still passed audio, the IEM output was blinking and didn't pass audio. 
    Maybe time to reinstall firmware (latest version installed ) or does the 251 require a trip to the hospital? 
    thanks.

read more...
    0 13
    • DamienKyle
      Nigel67 Hi DamienKyle, The red lights on the output XLRs are mute lights and they come on when the audio reaches a threshold, so this could be either a loss of sync of the IO box or a passage in that particular piece of music when there is no audio on that output. Any red flash on the sync LEDs on the front panel of the DL251 or around the AES50 connectors is not good and needs to be investigated further as eventually it will result in a failure of the audio as you possibly experienced, however if a port went down, you would have lost 24 inputs and/or 24 outputs depending on which port went down. Pulsing green LEDs is fine. From your description above, it looks as though you only lost the IEM output, but the other output was working fine. This was unlikely to be an AES50 issue, either a fault on the output pcb in the DL251 or an issue of some kind in the surface. We would need to get a lot more information from you. Can you raise a Technical Ticket please and we will be able to advise further. The ticketing system is being updated today, but if you could submit one tomorrow (should be back up by then) and we will be able to help further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Apr 4
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Thanks.
      • Apr 4
    • DamienKyle
      DamienKyle Just to be clear, the red lights are flashing on the XLR outputs and *not* the AES50 ports. The stagebox rarely loses sync and a quick power cycle/ replugging of ethercons fixes that. Still worth taking a care ticket for?
      • Apr 5
    • DamienKyle
      Nigel67

The red lights on the output XLRs will flash. If there is audio they will go off, and no audio they will light red. Have you tried audio from the IEM output again and do you still get no output? If so, then you have a fault and it will need identifying. You also need to have a look at the AES50 sync issues. The sync should be solid and there should be no need to repower anything to make it work correctly.

• Apr 5
  • New
    ahowald
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-09

I submitted a ticked on the 4th of March about missing feet on the side of my Midas L6. It has been 4 days now and no response. I did receive the email stating a case had been created but that is it. I have checked spam folders as well and nothing. While my issue might not be a major issue it would be nice to get some sort of acknowledgement that they were looking into a resolution.

This is my first time reaching out to this company for support. I have purchased and used Behringer products for years and never had a need to contact support. I have been a big fan as the products just worked!

I have to say that this experience has made me nervous about continuing my journey with Behringer, Midas or any MusicTribe brands. It is a little uneasy knowing that support correspondence is so sparse. Granted I am only one tiny drop in the bucket of their customer base but in Googling this issue this seems to be a fairly common occurrence.

Can someone please tell how long it usually takes to get some sort of response from support with actual help?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 138
    • ahowald
      Nigel67 Hi ahowald. I am sorry for the lack of response to your ticket. Can you give me your case number (begins with CAS) and I will look into it further for you.
      • March 8, 2021
      • Midas L6 missing side feet.. Support concerns.
        ahowald Nigel, did you get that case number I sent?
        • ·
        • March 10, 2021
    • ahowald
      ahowald Nigel, I'm posting this here as well as there seems to be two different threads between us... I did receive a response from someone giving me part numbers and prices. I replied asking that since the unit was purchased only a month or so ago should the replacement parts be covered under warranty. It has been 10 days since then and I have still not receive a reply. This has to be the worst customer service I have ever experienced! Do you think you could find some to respond to me in some sort of a timely manner? I realize the we are on opposite sides of the globe but this has become ridiculous! Thank you for your time.
      • March 21, 2021
    • ahowald
      ahowald

• April 19, 2021
    • ahowald
      ahowald

Nigel, I spoke with the parts person in Las Vegas and he stated he need to have the parts sent from the European warehouse to the US and then to me. Is the anyway to check on the status of where we are in this process?

• April 19, 2021
    • ahowald
      ahowald

It has now been 2 months since I first created the ticket for this issue. I noticed the case (CAS-428778-M5K5W9) was closed as "solved" on or around the 22nd of March. It is now May 4th and I still have not received any replacement parts. Can someone please give me an update on this? This is becoming a nightmare!! This has been the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced! This is very much going to influence my purchases from all MusicTribe companies going forward.

• May 4, 2021
  • New
    GeorgeAukerman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-20

Hi, I am looking for information on loading and using Waves auto tune plug ins on a Pro 2 console. Thx!

0 144
  • soundmanstevo
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-07
    What is the best way to insert outboard processing equipment? I want to insert an outboard digital EQ & processor on my L, R, & S. Those outputs are feed via my digital snake out of my DL32. I found YouTube videos online but I am worried about not being able to feed my outputs via my digital snake. I am worried if I feed my outboard gear at FOH via the Aux In/outs I will not be able to send my L, R, S signal down the digital snake. On a normal console, I would just use the Insert connector located on the back of the console. Is it possible to use an insert cable out of the Aux Out port o the outboard gear?
    read more...
    0 146
    • soundmanstevo
      DanielPaine In short, Yes you can. You can use the Aux Jack sockets on the rear of the console. You can use a maximum of 6 Inserts. To assign, simply select the channel (i.e. Master), Then, in Home or config you can turn the insert on. In the config tab select the insert assignment (normal defaulted to internal effects). Scroll down to find Aux 1-6 and select accordingly. Stereo channels will map consecutively i.e. 1 = 1&2.
      • August 4, 2020