Statistics

269,833 members
149,583 posts
  • New
    Martini22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-24

G system serial number  6538513 silver .  Can someone tell me the software that this model of G system would have had uploaded from factory and if it requires any updates for software  compared to to the later (last units made) . I was told that this serial number is with the IB Buffers and updated effects 4.02 version.

I have yet to get to grips with understanding the unit ...can these details of software version etc be viewed from the units display? 

Any assistance would be appreciated . 

Tony 

read more...
    0 2
    • Martini22
      PedroRodrigues Hi Martini22, the G-System iB-Modified was the latest addition to the G-System family. FX and presets-wise there is no difference between this and any other G-System that has been upgraded with the latest firmware updates. The main features in the iB-Modified are as follows:
      The iB-Modified G-System features the ultimate 3rd generation input buffer modification, designed by Italian electronics guru Massimo Mantovani. By changing the analogue input design, as opposed to the silver version, as well as a number of components, a super transparent tone that offers loads of punch and a snappier response has been achieved.
      All in all there are three different version of the G-System input circuit, the standard, Limited Edition and the iB-Modified versions respectively.
      After the Limited Edition was discontinued, all standard G-Systems that were made got the 2nd generation input buffer version from the Limited Edition. Approximately six months later we introduced the iB-Modified version, and all G-Systems made after this have the 3rd generation input design from in the iB-Modified version. Unfortunately via the serial number I cannot specify exactly what Firmware was loaded on your unit from factory, nevertheless I will leave you a link below to access the latest firmware and the process to update your G-SYSTEM to latest Firmware releases Version 4.5 https://wsi.li/dl/X9LbYD7xGZ32kKzdv/ Thank you
      • Wed at 12:22 AM
    • Martini22
      Martini22 Hello Pedro and thank you for the reply. I read on the rig talk that unit having a serial number higher than 6539340 is IB Mod version so mine is apparently 2nd gen. if correct. I will have to live with that versions issues I guess . The so called white paper by Laird Williams is hard to actually locate on this site ...can you send me a link to this for a pdf download to help me get going. The old links are dead and cannot see it anywhere ..just comments about the paper. Many thanks Tony Martin
      • Wed at 2:38 AM
  • New
    nbtien2003
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-20
    I just bought 01 set of TC DB 6 Single, but the output connection has no signal. Please help me handle this
    read more...
    0 20
    • nbtien2003
      PedroRodrigues Hi nbtien2003,thank you for your post, regarding your question can you please confirm that you have set up the SDI OUTPUT at 48 kHz sample rate and 24 bit resolution.
      Please also confirm if you have activated the Advanced SDI Mode section of the I/O SDI, to diagnose a potential problem, DB6 offers a diagnostic mode, to activate diagnostic mode, set the Clock Mode parameter to Diagnostic.
      In Diagnostic mode, the DB6 will disregard the audio clock information included in the audio packets in the SDI stream and de-embed the audio based on the video clock only.
      Please use the Audio Out Groups parameter to define if and how the group assignment of the processed audio signals should be changed.
      The processed audio signals will be assigned to the same audio channel groups at the SDI output that were selected using the Audio Groups selector.
      This is the default setting which is also used when Advanced SDI mode has not been activated.
      The processed audio signals will be assigned to the selected audio channel groups at the SDI output.
      If you are using this parameter to reassign audio channels to other groups, make sure that you are processing the right audio groups downstream.
      The Rate Detect Mode parameter is used to specify how DB6 should behave when receiving SD, HD and 3G signals. By narrowing the range of formats acceptable to the DB6, lock-up time may be optimized.
      If you set the Rate Detect Mode parameter to Automatic, DB6 will accept all SDI formats: SD, HD and 3G. This is the default setting which is also used when Advanced SDI mode has not been activated.
      Please consider that once you set the Rate Detect Mode parameter to SD, DB6 will only accept the SD format and not consider locking to HD or 3G signals, resulting in optimal lock-up time for SD signals. I hope this helps
      • Jan 20
  • New
    Jazzgorilla
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-19

I'm trying to use both digital in/outs if an M5000 I just picked up. 

My main interface is a RME UFX+. The AES I/O is being used for the first engine. 

I have an RME Fireface 800 that uses the ADAT connections back into the UFX+. I was planning on using the Fireface 800's S/PDIF I/O for the second engine in the M5000. 

Two things:

1) how do I get to the second engine in the M5000 to select a different effect?

2) doesn't S/PDIF clock itself? It's blinking on the Fireface 800 meaning that it isn't clocking correctly. 

read more...
    0 4
    • Jazzgorilla
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jazzgorilla, thank you for your post, Please check the manual for the M5000 on page 11 and forward to answer your first question and on page 14 and forward for your second question. To access the manual for the M5000 please follow the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/uepNZtp2AJ2mEBEtj/ Thank you
      • Jan 20
    • Jazzgorilla
      Jazzgorilla

Thank you. I’ve got the clocking issue figured out but still don’t have what I *THINK* is promised with this unit. Which is the ability to have 2 different reverbs going at the same time. One off of ROM (AES I/O) and one off of RAM (SPDIF I/O). Am I correct here? The manual is not very user friendly…

• Jan 20
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-01-18

Hi,

on the release notes of the 1.3.6 Firmware update it mentions faster board changing/loading. Is it fast enough to be used in a pratical way LIVE? Meaning midway thru a song, change to another board with gapless sound changing?

Many thanks!

read more...
    0 8
    • gilmourstrat
      PedroRodrigues Hi gilmourstrat, thank you for your post, effectively the new FW will allow the user to load a board faster but not as fast as you are requiring. Thank you
      • Jan 19
  • New
    GaryWorsham
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-07

By now everyone must know that the G-Major was an OK unit for the time with the exception of the rotary encoders.  I had one ten years ago and it started to get flaky so I sold it.  For some really odd reason I decided I wanted one again and I would resolve myself to deal with the encoder issue one way or the other.

I bought this on Reverb.  I asked the guy if the encoders worked OK.  "Everything works" he said.  Well, he lied.  But you know what?  I knew he was lying.  The probability of a G-Major with working encoders is just about zero at this point.

First off, the G-Major has 4 encoders.  2 are ALPS "ring" encoders and two are regular pot style rotary encoders.

I diassembled the unit, which isn't that hard, and took the front panel PCB off so I could work on it by itself.

I clipped off the encoders when they soldered to the boards then used my soldering iron with a manual solder sucker to clear the holes.  I lifted a trace on one hole connecting to the pull up resistor.  Fortunately I noticed it and was able to fix it with a short bit of solid hookup wire.

I got ten PCB mount encoders from Digi-Key for about $1.50 each before shipping and tax.

Bourns part

Then I cut a small piece of Vero board to mount the encoders to.  I ran wires through the existing holes for the center encoder and then slid the Vero down over those wires.  The encoders and wires solder to the top of the Vero.  I figured out where to run the wires so that the encoders adjust things the right way when you rotate CW and CCW.

I had a weird short when I reassembled the first time.  I was checking the encoder behavior frequently but somehow one of the lines got shorted to ground.  I removed and replaced the encoder and it worked.

Now, for sure it looks pretty bad compared to the original.  However, it actually works properly instead of flashing, doing nothing, skipping backwards, skipping over the setting you were trying to reach, etc. which is how it acted before this.

I would describe this as a reasonably advanced electronics tech project.  For me the biggest challenge is seeing things.  I use a magnifier headband thing which helps a bit.

read more...
    2 41
    • GaryWorsham
      GaryWorsham
      • Jan 7
    • GaryWorsham
      GaryWorsham
      • Jan 7
    • GaryWorsham
      GaryWorsham
      • Jan 7
    • GaryWorsham
      Paul_Vannatto That's a cool retro-fix project. Kudos. Now if you had a 3D printer, you could design and print the covers to make it a finished project.
      • Jan 8
      • Resurrecting the G-Major
        GaryWorsham Thanks. I did get a couple plastic knobs, sliced the skirts off with a dremel cutoff wheel, and they fit OK. Hopefully small rodents and insects will not take up residence inside the unit.
        • Jan 8
  • New
    trucutru0323
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-05

i cannot make te pitch shifter sound decent on my plethora x5, im trying to use it like a whammy with an expression pedal but when i pitch it up (or down to make a dive bomb) it sounds very awful, like if it was out of phase or something...

Can someone share their settings???

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    edoates
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-01-02

Tyring to start thread with user suggestions for the Plethora X5...

1. Make the tone print loading process easier.

---it seems that you have to update the toneprints you find in the all toneprins list, and then SOME of them are now compatible with teh X5. TC should do those updates and place them in the X5 Toneprint list so we don't waste our time

---When many (most?) toneprints or just templates are loaded into the board itself, the various parameters don't stay fromt he template/toneprint, but are set to whatever the knobs are set to. SO swe have no idea what they are supposed to be. Example, I'm copied the parameters (at leas thte three I havd access to on the board) from the three band noise gate, and on two differnernt X5, the noise gate is completely different!!!! 

2. Use the APP to allow storage of my own toneprints across differnet X5s

---I have two X5s for different rigs and I want many of my default boards and effects to be the same. Seems to be no good way todo this in the app

---ideally, I should be able to backup and ENTIRE Plethora X5 and save it save it in the app, then restore it to another X5 in case of failure, whatever. 

3. Please write a compehensive manual, even if PDF only. Search wildly on Youtube to things you want to do is wasteful and almost never gives me what I want. See the Nove System and G-System comprehensive models for an example of useful manuals.

4. Integreate NovaDrive as the GSystem has done: it uses Midi in / out / through and treats the NovaDrive as just another effect. To me, the NovaDrive is the ideal overdrive/distortion pedal for a system like the X5.

read more...
    0 19
    • edoates
      CSurieux I don't think that there is still someone at TC working on this product, last firmware is quite 2 years old (even if they changed its file date, it is the same firmware).
      We have already requested many important fixes without any answer... good luck.
      • Jan 3
      • Plethora X5 Suggestions for TC
        CSurieux Incredible, the beast was not dead, new firmware 1.3.6 today, great features but still no global tempo or midi out RTM sync.
        • Jan 13
  • New
    Bentoto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-31

WTF!!! Just got a brand new mixing link...

the sound cut everytime I press on the trigger!!!

TC ?!? It use to be a great brand!!

or my device is just broken?!?

someone to help?! Is it normal ?!

0 5
  • New
    Bentoto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-27

Hello

I’ve just bought a mixing link and and I ve found very annoying problems!

Every time I engage the Fx loop, there’s un blank in the sound…same when disengage the fx.

Is it normal ?!?

I hope that I could « discretely » and softly  blend fx without any cut! But for now…it doesn’t work as I hoped!

Thank for your answer

Best regards

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Marksross77
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-26

I’m trying to reach tech support for tc electronic and was directed here. Basically tone print doesn’t work except once in a while. As far as I can tell I’m doing everything correctly. Phone speaker is on, tone print setting switch is selected etc. but it just doesn’t work. Very frustrated. Any ideas? Thanks Mark

read more...
    0 7
    • Marksross77
      PedroRodrigues Hi Marksross77, thank you for your post. In this case I would first suggest performing a firmware update on your unit.
      To update firmware:

-connect Hg pedal to computer via USB
      - hold down the footswitch and insert the power connector
      - release footswitch (pedal LED will turn green to indicate boot mode and your pedal is now ready to receive the update)
      - Start the updater and select your HG pedal in the drop-down menu
      - Click on "update"

To access the firmware please see the links below:

Hyper Gravity PC installer R706
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzsw2bfbxotlj3k/HypergravityFirmwareUpdater-1.0.05.706.exe?dl=0

Hyper Gravity Mac installer R706
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouhxpj74uxxnvts/HypergravityFirmwareUpdater-1.0.05.706.dmg?dl=0

To use TonePrint-based compressor configurations, set the Compression type selector to
      “TonePrint” To Transfer the Toneprint to your Pedal

Launch the TonePrint app on your smartphone.
      Find the TonePrint you want to use. You can browse TonePrints by Artist or Product (i.e., pedal type). You will also find Featured TonePrints.
      Plug your guitar or bass into your TonePrint pedal.
      Turn your TonePrint pedal on.
      Turn up the volume on your instrument and set the pickup selector to one pickup.
      Hold the speaker of your smartphone next to the chosen pickup and touch “Beam to pedal
      • Jan 18
Go to page