Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-12
    hello help
    0 232
  • RooMcKeller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-07

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem sending midi program change data to my TC Electronic D-Two delay unit from Ableton. I'm using automation to change the program change numbers. Although the unit registers the data, as soon as the preset changes, it instantly reverts back to preset 1. It's also the same with bank changes, immediately back to factory bank. I've not come across this before & was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I also have the D-Two synced up to Ableton's tempo with midi timecode & that's working perfectly though. I just need to figure out how to change presets. It should be a simple process, but for some reason the D-Two isn't happy.

read more...
    0 236
    • RooMcKeller
      TC-Claus

Hi RooMcKeller,

This is from the Manual ... could that be causing the issue ?

Program bank

Determines which bank an external MIDI device will address in the D•TWO when sending a program change. The options are: Factory, User or External. When External is selected controller #32 can be used to address either the Factory or the User bank.

Factory bank: Controller #32=0

User bank: Controller #32=1

All the best from

Claus

• October 7, 2019
    • RooMcKeller
      TC-Mike

Hi does itmake a difference if you use Midi clips with Prg change data ?

ableton Prg change.png

Check also this article for more infos:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070489-How-to-send-Program-Change-messages-from-Live

• October 16, 2019
  • vhollund
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I'm going through the new great features of Flashback 2 and the TP editor

However I can't seem to activate the octaver soundwise
    It's enabled in the settings, Wet level 0db and Router 0db Octaver to Effect but nothing happens

Are others having this issue or if not, what might I be doing wrong ?

read more...
    0 156
    • vhollund
      TC-Mike

Octaver can only be used with existing Crystal/Shimmer templates . See your other post for more details..

• September 23, 2019
  • Theolinho
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Hi Folks,

since yesterday my g-system has the green screen of death.

Tried a new cat5 cable, doesn´t work. The both lamps (PWR and link) doesn´t shine.

The loop pedals getting power.

Has anybody a proper solution? How can i reset (tried already the filter/comp combination during powering, nothing happend, only the version number is shown)?

What can i do????

read more...
    0 146
  • markflip
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-18

Hello, I've seen this topic come up a bit with similar requests for nova system but I don't see a current thread so I'm starting a new one. I bought a G system about 6 or more years ago and found it pretty deep to fully understand and at the time I just set it in a box and opted for my analog pedal rig that I had built. I recently joined a new band playing all original music and I felt it was time for a change of my tone and pulled out the G system again. 

I have to say thank you to Laird and his incredibly useful and way overachieved (in a good way) unofficial manual, I now feel I have a pretty good grasp of whats going on in that thing. I have it connected the 4 cable method through the preamp loop on my fender blues deville 4x10 amp and it sounds really fricken good.

Here's the problem, the band I play in has a drummer with an electronic kit and he keeps pushing for total volume control of our entire band so he is anti amps on stage. I tried to push back as much as possible but I am seeing the merit of not having to lug that amp from show to show. There is also a lot of new equipment out there and I was wondering if anybody has a good combination of a preamp and amp/cab simulators that could be wired in the 4 cable manor on the G so that the final output goes straight to a PA with no actual amp producing sound on stage?

The way I would see this happening is that I would have a preamp pedal running through the insert loop on the G, then the out of the G would go into an amp/cab simulator that would go to the PA. Ideally the simulator would have XLR outputs? Does such a thing exist? And to take it one more step, I would like to go stereo out so I may have to have 2 identical amp/cab simulators.

Does anyone have any successful experience with a setup like this and any hardware recommendations would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 181
    • markflip
      markflip

Don't everybody rush in all at once here! Take turns please?

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      DaveMorrison

@markflip 

The Sansamp's amp simulation is pretty good. I've used one forever.

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      markflip

Well I was hoping to have more feedback from the community but I spent a lot of time researching preamps and I found one that I think will be ideal. I wanted to share my find incase this question comes up again.

I purchased a https://www.two-notes.com/le-clean preamp today and once I get it in and hooked up and tweaked I will report back. I have high hopes that this will be the ultimate solution.

Two-notes makes several preamp models, I went with the le-clean because it's said to mimic American style tube amps and I am trying to replace a Fender Blues Deville 4x10 combo.

What sold me on the two-notes is a couple things;

• There is an effects loop that is inserted after the preamp

• I plan to connect the send on the G to the input on the Pre, the out on the Pre to the return on the G, the out on the G to the return on the Pre, then go XLR out of the Pre into the mixer, Viola the 4 cable method!

• There is a cabinet simulator (preset for the model, no adjustment) after the fx loop return

• this is a good starting point to have amp like sound with only one device

• They also have a software driven cabinet simulator that can be inserted after the le-clean as an upgrade down the line (if needed)

• The preamp is 2 channel and it can be selected through MIDI commands

• both channels are true tube circuitry!

I also looked at the https://www.effectrode.com/products/effects-pedals/blackbird-vacuum-tube-preamp/ but the price is a bit more than I was willing to dish out at this time. I would also need more hardware to get the cabinet emulation and DI to the mixer. If you have the cash though this is an awesome unit. It is also 2 channel and there is a channel select jack that you could wire into the relays on the G...

• September 23, 2019
  • jackftce
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-18

Using my Hypergravity Mini seems to increase feedback through PA with both Fender and Taylor A/E guitars. Is there a toneprint download that can help minimize this?

0 129
  • CaryCme
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-04

My question is:

With Mono Input, will Stereo output be enabled and function as so? In otherwords, can stereo output go to 2 different sources (i.e. 2 different channels or amps)?

Helix Phaser and Corona Chorus to be specific.

read more...
    0 119
    • CaryCme
      TC-Mike

Yes, the toenprint pedals jack connectors  all have jack sensing,so  if you use mono in, stereo out, the output will be stereo and can be send to 2 amps.

Best regards,

Mike

• September 23, 2019
  • EddieBishop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-23

My pedal is awesome and works in every way except beaming will not work no matter what I try.

0 112
    • EddieBishop
      TC-Mike

Please make sure you have latest firmware installed and use latest version of the Toneprint app:

Firmware updater for your Dreamscape pedal can be found here:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/THE-DREAMSCAPE/p/P0DDR/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Prior to starting the firmwar eupdater, you need to set the pedal into boot mode ->

1. connect the usb cable to the computer running the firmware updater

2. insert the power supply while holding down the footswitch 

3. LED will turn gree indicating that the product is in boot mode and ready to receive the data upload

4. Start the downloaded firmware updater 

5. Select "Dreamscape" in the drop down menu 

6. click on "update" button

If this should not fix the issue, please get back to us...

Best regards,

Mike

• September 2, 2019
  • kickingsaturday
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-19

image.jpg

I would like a better update

woth Mac like it ok plug and play but it a disco 2017

read more...
    0 93
  • LarryBonare
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-09

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

0 278
    • LarryBonare
      Paul_Vannatto

@LarryBonare wrote:

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

Hi Larry,

Good to see you again. Don't know anything about this reverb. Just wanted to say hi.

• July 9, 2019
    • LarryBonare
      TC-Mike

Hi Larry,

the Reverb 4000 is a very versatile Reverb unit that includes all TC Reverb algos from the system 6000.(Vss3 , Vss4, DVR 2, Non Lin2 , Reverb4, Ambiator)

Wether you want crisp short rooms for drums,  lush long reverbs for vocals or realistic simulations of acoustic spaces, the Reverb 4000 has you covered. 

I recommend to try one out at your dealer of choice  one or watch some videos online , so you get a better idea about features and most important: the sound.

The manual can be found here:

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/218221/tc_electronic_reverb_4000_manual_english.pdf

Demo video from youtube: (just to get an idea) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_P49g3ruTo

Best regard from the Tc people,

Mike

• July 15, 2019
Go to page