Statistics

254,240 members
131,906 posts
  • New
    RaynaldoMartine
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-09

I have racked my brain trying to create a reasonable phase shifter in my Voice Live 3 Extreme. I change all of the parameters in the flanger, but it never gets close enough to use on the gig. Some of the other users posted a few ideas to try but no luck. PLEASE! Does someone have a workable solution?

Also, TC Helicon staff, 1) could we please get this as a firmware upgrade?

2) Get JUST Aux, and guitar for looping? (No vox). This way, we can create a soloing track while we sing?

I'm using my aux for the drums I play with my foot.

https://youtu.be/63qJ7P0TVwo

read more...
    0 11
    • RaynaldoMartine
      PedroRodrigues Hi RaynaldoMartine, thank you for your post, please consider that the VOICELIVE 3 offers an Inverse Phase effect but not a phase shift, a phase inversion is neither a time shift nor a phase shift, but simply a swap of plus and minus.
      The phaser and flanger create very similar sounds and can be used interchangeably, the flanger can sound more extreme than a phaser, so phasers can be used when more nuance is needed.
      Often confused due to their similarity, these processors all incorporate phase shifting in different ways.
      To set up the flanger on your unit please see the images below.

To help you on your creative direction it may be useful to follow the link below:
      https://producelikeapro.com/blog/flanger-vs-phaser/

When it comes the Firmware upgrade for your unit please consider that all the firmware are accessible via VOICESUPPORT 2.
      When it comes to new features on this unit please take in to account that this unit has been replaced by the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME therefore we will not perform any more development on the VOICELIVE 3.

Thank you
      • Oct 13
    • RaynaldoMartine
      RaynaldoMartine

Hi Pedro. Thank you for your detailed (and helpful) response. 1st: The image you told me to refer to, was an image of a dog eating a cupcake. Pretty sure that was a mistake. LOL! 2nd: I actually own 3 Voicelive Extremes (I play 6 nights a week, and I 've had to send two of the units back to Sweetwater for repairs at different times, but always need one for the gig, and a spare in the truck for backup. As a VL3 owner, I would like to still make my request for the firmware upgrade?

Get JUST Aux, and guitar for looping? (No vox). This way, we can create a soloing track while we sing?

I'm using my aux for the drums I play with my foot.

https://youtu.be/63qJ7P0TVwo

• Oct 13
  • New
    AshleyKitson
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-01

I've had my VL3 a year or so now.  As far as voice goes it's brilliant.  However, I play 3 acoustic instruments in a live gig: 6 string, 12 string and a bazouki. I've figured out I need an off board input controller to adjust the input signals from three into the VL3. Now I just need to be able to step on the program pedal and know that all the basic tone, reverb etc is correct for the instrument I am playing. I Can get it right for one. How do I get it right for all three.

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    KennethKohncke
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-27

Hi TC Helicon Developers,

I have been using the Play Acoustic for quite a few years now and am finding I have need of more from it.

Here is the challenge I put to you. Come up with a new, closer to fully digital version of the PA.

The problem I have is trying to adjust settings from behind the mic, guitar and PA. I need to be able to hear what the audience is going to hear to make those adjustments confidently. So what I envisage is the PA being able to connect wirelessly to either a phone or tablet (android), or laptop or tablet, (windows). So I can record myself on the looper, then go out into the venue connected to the tablet and be able to make all the changes to settings there. I would like the settings to be more advanced and more user friendly like the way they are generally displayed and adjusted in a daw. In paticular EQ, Comp, Gate.

Would be awesome if you could build it!

Does anyone know of anything like this already on the market?

Cheers, Ken.

read more...
    0 12
    • KennethKohncke
      PedroRodrigues Hi KennethKohncke thank you for your post, it sound like a very cool idea I will forward your proposal to the Dev. Team . Thank you
      • Sep 28
  • New
    Rob13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

Just purchased the Tc helicon voicelive 3 extreme. There is no amazing grace preset as described in the manual. Anybody got any ideas? 

0 6
  • New
    IanSheppard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-07

Hi, 

I have a musician fulfilling multiple roles on a tour, including BVs. He chose the Voicetone Harmony to use a standalone device, without using the guitar input. 

My issue is this: the FOH guy insists on taking a dry vocal, previous to the Voicetone (a Y-split cable is used to achieve this). When the fx are bypassed, we still get a perceptible doubling effect in the monitors and PA, as the unaffected thru seems to be delayed a tiny amount, presumably by latent processing. I have also tried using the 'DRY/WET' out function of the pedal, and this issue persists. 

Any ideas? TIA.

read more...
    0 9
    • IanSheppard
      PedroRodrigues Hi, IanSheppard in this case the only suggestion that I can provide is to set up the DRY/WET' out function that you mention but, in this case, please confirm that you have set up the unit as stated below.
      Please leave the level balancing between your dry voice, Tone active only and a mono signal of the Harmony, Double and FX to your FOH engineer, by ensuring that the Stereo LED is not lit, and that the Harmony knob is set to full right.
      Please connect the outputs to two channels of your audio mixer. The Left (Mono) output will send the “wet” effects and the Right (Dry) output will send your dry voice, allowing this to be adjusted by your FOH engineer.
      • Sep 7
  • New
    Rocker4ever
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-06

I am trying to use an Alesis SR-16 MIDI time output for the looper tempo. When I connect it, the signal eventually goes out of time. The loops fall out of sync with the drums. I believe there is a firmware update for this. My voice live 3 is not connecting using Voice support 2. Can anyone help?

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    joan3457
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-04

Hola alguien puede ayudarme. he instalado la version firmware reciente 2.2.00 Build 366

Estando en vocal, me ha canviado los colores de el boton pulsador (Hold Ford , Looper) a un color violeta , e igual que el boton pulasador (Step)

a mas cuando aprieto el botón pulsador  para (Looper)se pone en rojo ,antes de cambiar actualización se ponia en violeta. el rojo es para cuando tienes la guitarra ,

gracias 

read more...
    0 11
    • joan3457
      PedroRodrigues Hola joan3457 tenga en cuenta que los LED del VL3X se vuelven ROJOS, lo que indica que ahora está en la capa de guitarra. Cuando mira la pantalla, verás que los nombres de los efectos han cambiado, y hay un pequeño ícono de guitarra en cada uno de los cuadros, hay pequeños íconos de micrófono en cada cuadro de Vocal Layer box. Para volver a la capa vocal, debe presionar Inicio, cuando esté en la capa de guitarra, indicado por LED rojos, presione el botón Layer hasta que la capa vocal esté activa.
      • Sep 6
  • New
    Cantara123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-01

Hi can anyone help me with getting my voice live play pedal repaired. The XLR microphone input is not registering any signal. Tried new leads and different mics. I think its a fault. Its worked fine up to now. Any ideas. I think it needs sending somewhere.

read more...
    0 17
  • New
    rbv7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-01

Hi,

I can't hear the metronome all of a sudden on my PA speakers. I've checked all levels on the main mix and still none. Please help!  Thanks 

0 12
  • New
    JimRodgers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-17

I have used the EHX Iron Lung Vocoder in the past as a 'talkbox' kind of effect with my Kemper Profiler.
    I put the EHX in the effects loop of the Kemper and then just engage the effects loop when I want to use the harmonizer.

I'm now trying to switch to the TC Talkbox Synth and hook it up the same way; but it appears that only the un-affected signal passes thru the 1/4" output and using the XLR output into the return of the Kemper doesn't work.

Is there no way to set it up in this manner?
    It has to send the effected signal to the XLR output into a PA only?

read more...
    0 36
    • JimRodgers
      WilliamR Hello Jim, The talkbox synth effect is designed to only come out of the xlr out of the pedal and guitar thru of the 1/4 inch. There really isn't a convenient way to seamlessly integrate it in the effects loop of your kemper the way you are describing.
      • Aug 17
Go to page