Statistics

216,326 members
89,539 posts
  • RalfLeRenne
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

Hello,

I bought a "Harmony Singer 1" a few years ago, and would like to switch to the second version. I'm in the process of making all my equipment for concerts "battery powered", and I saw this Harmony Singer 2 is able to do just that.

But I still need to know if it can work with rechargeable batteries, since they usually tend to have less voltage. I would also like to know for how long the pedal can run on batteries. How many hours would it be ? 

Thank you very much, 

Have a great day,

Thibault

read more...
    0 143
    • RalfLeRenne
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RalfLeRenne,
      I'll be honest with you, battery life ain't great.  I tested a Harmony Singer 2 with fresh AA's (non-rechargeable) and it lasted three and a half hours before dying.  I don't think batteries were intended to be the primary power source for these stomps, more like a backup.  When a 9V adapter is plugged in, the pedal will use that wall power and ignore the batteries, which then kick in if wall power is removed.  Anyways, I think Harmony Singer 2 has the worst battery life out of the bunch because it has the busiest algorithm, but yeah you might want to have a backup set of rechargeables.  Cheers!

• October 23, 2019
  • ajdaames
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-12

Hello guys.

I’ve recently purchased the VL3 extreme after my VLplay electric died. On this unit I see that you can import your backing tracks and play them directly from the unit. An awesome feature. However I play in a trio and we use some backing tracks with a click track. Is it possible to have the click track not go to the main mix and also have it heard through the IEM of the other band members? This is of course very standard procedure and without it playing backing tracks through the VL3 is kinda useless. Hope someone can help me out with this. Thank you.

read more...
    0 148
    • ajdaames
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @ajdaames,
      There are couple options for working with a click track depending on how much you want to interact with your VoiceLive 3.  If you want to be pretty hands-off and automate effects, then a pre-made click track imported as a Backing Track is the way to go - make the track the length of your song and automate effect changes so you can just sing and not have to think about toggling effects.  But if you want to be more involved, you can use the metronome in the loop layer as a click, and you can manually toggle effects and even create loops quantized to the click.  The metronome can be synced with incoming MIDI clock too btw.

In either case, you can output the Backing Track or Metronome to just the VoiceLive's headphone output and remove it from the main XLR outputs pretty easily.  This is done in the "Mix" menu, which you access by going to the "Home" screen then tweaking any of the small four knobs below the screen, the "Main Mix" tab affects the two main XLR outputs so you'd just lower either the "Track" or "Metronome" level all the down to "Off" to remove it from the main outs.  The "Headphone Mix" tab obviously adjust the output of the 3.5mm headphone output so just ensure the "Track Level" or "Metronome" level is turned up there so it's heard by your band.  Cheers!

• October 16, 2019
  • markmcilvena
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-05

(Alas... I think I know the answer.)

Hey Folks. Just wondering if there's any way of routing the Aux input to the PA looper? I have an analogue wooden 'kick drum' stomp box pedal, (Australian made 'little Monster') which when plugged into the 'Aux in' via a 1/4" to 1/8" mini jack lead 'pumps' out through the PA's 'Main Outs' quite nicely. Just wondering if there is a setting option to get this into the looper on the PA?

It would be great if I could 'stomp' out a bar or two at the start of songs during live sets which would record into the looper... to save my tired foot! Cheers in advance - Mark Mac 

read more...
    0 231
    • markmcilvena
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @markmcilvena,
      Yep this is already implemented!  Assuming you're on the latest firmware (48), just go into the "Setup" menu, and on the "Loop" page there's the "Input" setting which has "Aux" as one of the options.  Cheers!

• October 9, 2019
    • markmcilvena
      ColinWright

Man thanks, never thought of doing this. 

Off to buy a lead converter and give it a go. 

Slainte.

• January 24, 2020
  • WhiskeyJaxx
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-01

I have a TC Helicon VoiceTone Single H1 Intelligent Harmonizer and when I use it with my wireless Shure system will activate the pedal when I start to talk or sing into the mic. This does not happen when using a wired mic.

Anyone experience this and have a remedy

Thank you!!

read more...
    0 140
    • WhiskeyJaxx
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @WhiskeyJaxx,
      My suspicion is that you have Mic Control activated and the pedal thinks you have our MP-75 microphone attached.  There's a little button on the right side of the pedal labelled "MIC CONTROL", ensure that button is depressed out and this issue will hopefully stop.  Cheers!

• November 13, 2019
  • Robert_Dusemund
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-12

Hi ya all!

I wonder if I have a Critical Mass Stomp box behind a HarmonySinger pedal, and what effect it will have. Usually you sing directly into the CM pedal and get a unison choir. Can CM turn a three-part, three-man choir (from the HarmonySinger) into a 3-part mass choir? Or will come out in the end only vocal mud? Or more simple: Can Critical Mass handle harmonized voices or only single ones.

hopefully Robert

read more...
    0 180
    • Robert_Dusemund
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Robert_Dusemund,
      I just tried running a Harmony Singer 2 into a Critical Mass and I gotta I'm surprised it sounded as good as it did.  I was fully expecting vocal mud but the Critical Mass seems to handle 3-part harmony without a problem, it actually did sound like a choir.  I guess in hindsight it kind of makes sense, since there's no interpretation going on in Critical Mass - it only adds unison and octave voices.  To me the first 4 "Melodic" settings on the Critical Mass sounded best, but that'll probably be subjective.  One tip if you do decide to try this out, have Tone active only on the Harmony Singer and not on the Critical Mass, Tone only needs one instance in a signal chain and it works best at the front of the chain.  Anyways, great idea and I'm impressed with the results.  If you're still on the fence feel free to share some test audio (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and I could record what it sounds like through the two pedals.  Cheers!

• October 1, 2019
  • RonAlonso
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-10

I have filled out many technical service requests to have my Perform V repaired

I have not recieved one response 

I went out and purchased another one   .... but i still want this one repaired .

any suggestions ?  

read more...
    0 243
    • RonAlonso
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RonAlonso,
      My only suggestions are to please remain patient and also keep an eye on your email's spam/junk folder.  Unfortunately due to a recent move resulting in downtime, our support department is still playing catchup with service requests and have quite the queue to work through - I've heard of some users having to wait a couple weeks for a reply.  So as long as they don't think you're a bot spamming the same request, they will reply to you eventually.  Good luck!

• September 18, 2019
    • RonAlonso
      RonAlonso

Spencer,

I dont know how patient I can be 

its been months since i requested a warranty repair

and still no response from anyone but you

my unit will most likely fall out of warranty when I am contacted 

is that the plan ?   can you help me ? 

• October 1, 2019
    • RonAlonso
      TC-Mike

Hi Ron,

very sorry to hear this. We are sitting in different part of the world, but i can reach out to our care team and check status.  Can you write me one of your support ticket numbers you got for your submitted support requests? 

Best regards,

Mike

• October 3, 2019
  • synthmax
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-04

I am sending MIDI messages from my Yamaha MOTIF XF8 Workstation Keyboard to a TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack via MIDI during live performances. I am editing my MIDI sequences in Cubase and downloading them to the MOTIF for for each song. When I start the MOTIF's sequencer to begin playing a song,  MIDI messages, ie: i.e.: CC 0 (BankSelect MSB), CC 32 (BankSelect LSB) and CC 115 (Control 115) are sent to the VoiceLive Rack to select the correct Preset for that song.  What I am finding is that in about 1 in 10 songs, the VoiceLive will select the wrong Preset, which can result in difficulty and embarrassment for the singer. Originally I put the MIDI messages for the VoiceLive at the first beat of the first bar of each sequence, but then I started encountering this problem. So, I've been putting the MIDI messages on the second beat of the first bar with no other MIDI events in that bar to see if that would fix it, however the problem still persists. Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can ensure that the VoiceLive selects the right patch 100% of the time, instead of 90% of the time? I can email a example midi file which contains a typical guide track for the Voicelive as they appear in the MIDI sequences to somebody if that helps.

read more...
    0 361
    • synthmax
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @synthmax,
      That sounds very bizzare indeed, I haven't heard of this before.  If you could please share the offending MIDI file by uploading it to a Cloud platform (like Dropbox or Google Drive) I'd be happy to try it out with a VoiceLive Rack here and see if it triggers the wrong preset at times.

• September 18, 2019
    • synthmax
      synthmax

Hello there TCH Spencer,

Thanks for getting back to me. Please find above the Dropbox link for the sample file. The problem is very random. You can send this file to the Voicelive thirty times and it will randomly select the incorrect patch once. My lead vocalist thinks it's end of the world. :\  Looking forward to hearing back about this. Many thanks.

• September 18, 2019
    • synthmax
      TCH-Spencer

Hi again @synthmax,
      Thanks for sharing your MIDI file!  I was able to import that into Reaper and send it to a VoiceLive Rack via 5-pin MIDI out of my interface.  This is an article I wrote a while ago about changes presets via MIDI on VoiceLive 3, and the same info applies to the VoiceLive Rack, so this is what I'm basing my preset-changing knowledge on.  I inspected your file and it all looks correct to me, sending CC 32 to select your bank, a Program Change to specify a preset, and CC 115 to specify the Step of that preset.  I automated your provided MIDI commands a few dozen times and it always selected preset 259 without fail for me... So I still want to refrain from taking the easy way out and blaming the Motif but I will say I wasn't able to recreate your issue with that file here in my setup.  Is it possible for you to further debug the Motif though by plugging its MIDI output into an interface and monitoring its messages on a computer?  If you use an app like MIDI-OX you can monitor your keyboard's output and know for sure that it's consistently sending the same messages every time.

I also forgot to ask which firmware build your VoiceLive Rack is running?  When you boot it up the splash screen will show you "Build __". I'm currently on build 26 which is the latest firmware.

• October 1, 2019
    • synthmax
      synthmax

Hello there TCH-Spencer,

Thanks for getting back to me about this issue. Yeah, I thought my MIDI files are o.k. too. 

Unfortunately there is no build of MIDI-OX for MacOS available. I tried to monitor the MIDI output from the MOTIF on my Mac using MidiPipe, but I wasn’t able to see any messages coming through. This could be something to do with the software configuration of my Mac or the Steinberg UR22mkII that I had the MIDI out plugged into. Either way, I don’t want to spend any more time on that as I am confident that the MOTIF is transmitting the MIDI messages o.k.

I can confirm my Voicelive is running Build Version 1.0.09 Build 26.

Could the problem be that the software or firmware on the VoiceLive is corrupt? Is there a way of reinstalling the firmware? Should I try a Global Reset?

The other thing that I thought might be worth a try is using a brand new MIDI cable between the MOTIF and the VoiceLive. I will give that a shot.

I would appreciate any further thoughts you might have on this matter and my ideas on how to fix this issue.

Best,
      Grant

• October 9, 2019
  • DennisDubeau
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-01

Voicelive Extreme 3 owner here...

Feel left in the dark... No more updates, nothing since the Chineses (See Beringher City in China) have bought TC Helicon. So called Flagship unit payed with top dollars...

As if nothing could be improved...

A good idea with bad support... Probably the "extreme" part of the deal... 

New forum that has more pictures of morons with attitudes than actual solutions for us, real world users...

Former contributions flushed... I say that part is LAME, to remain polite...

read more...
    0 496
    • DennisDubeau
      coreysound

Not a very constructive post... I have a tc helicon voicelive rack that I love. Mine says made in thailand. How is that any better or worse than china? Where's your smart phone made? How about computer? 

• August 1, 2019
    • DennisDubeau
      PetGerbil

Not wrong though, except maybe It should be "Since Uli Behringer bought TC-helicon..."

Were only here to be milked.

• August 1, 2019
    • DennisDubeau
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @DennisDubeau,
      What are some features that you feel are missing from VoiceLive 3?  You kind of make it sound like you purchased the product expecting more than what you received, so I'm curious as to what you're missing.  Not making any promising as our engineers are busy working on new gear, but still I'd like to hear your thoughts explained a little further.

Just to put this in context, the VoiceLive 3 released in 2014.  The most recent major firmware update for VL3 was in September 2017 (which was well after our acquisition), and the most recent preset update was just last week.

• August 2, 2019
    • DennisDubeau
      DennisDubeau

Hi Spencer...

Nice to read you AGAIN!

1) The ability to rename STEPS other than STEP 1, STEP 2... etc...!!

2) A replacement warranty for that IN-EAR guitar cable.. This should last MORE than 4 months in my book...

3) Redesign of that forum... The usual contributors seem to have quitted... 

• August 5, 2019
  • gillestour
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-31

I have this pedal for about 3 months. Everything was running right until monday. Normally when I put on the pedal the green light on the top right is lighting once and comes off and I can play with the pedal. Now when I'm pluggin in the pedal, the green light on top right stay on, and the middle light comes flashing red. Then I push the button of the voice function the middle light is red steady and the top right stay green. I push again and it comes red flash and the top right green. I push again the middle light is red steady and the top right stay green. Then I push again and it comes red flash and the top right red. I try to maybe undo something by keeping my foot on the button to see if something will get out of it and nothing works. I can hear the click of a connection to my console when I put on the pedal, so it makes me think that a contact is made but no sound with the mic. I have test the MIC and the console alone and I have sound. Also the pedal do not connect anymore with the computer. The software shows the pedal but no connection. I have a ticket request but I don't know where to do a follow up on this. Case: 00992754 - - [ref:_00D2818RET._5000I1ihQwA:ref]

Is someone knows about this kind of strange problem? 

Thanks

read more...
    0 286
    • gillestour
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @gillestour,
      Sorry to hear you're having issues with your H1.  Please stick with our support team, they'll be able to help you out and discuss repairs/replacement if necessary.  Good luck!

• August 1, 2019
    • gillestour
      kiskadar69

• December 11, 2019
  • cowbell-fever
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-04

Hi I'm a guitar player and recently purchased a TC Helicon Talkbox Synth about 2 months back, I have a classic Tube talkbox but wanted to get away from tube/microphone set up, after extensive research I like the Talkbox synth simplicity and pedal format - but in practice it is not a simple effect to use the way it is currently configured. 

My main concern with this product versus the regular talkbox is the ability to sustain notes when not vocalizing or talking into the mic.

My band plays Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith and the talkbox effect sound is good, but I cannot talk into the Microphone to trigger the talkbox synth for 40 seconds without taking a breath - is there a way to add a note sustain feature for a second or 2 seconds? 

When using a regular talk box you have the Tube in your month and can play guitar and breath as needed and it will produce the talkbox sound, with the Talkbox synth if you are not talking into the mic or breathing the sound cuts out - not ideal and it's very abrupt. 

read more...
    0 233
    • cowbell-fever
      TomALang

Good suggestion. I totally get where you're coming from and a hold feature would be useful for those long notes. I'll put a note in regarding it as we go forward with new products and implementations.

• July 5, 2019
Go to page