Statistics

250,515 members
127,681 posts
  • New
    skuhle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-10

Hi,

i want to run the editor software to control my several DCX. I worked some years ago with a PC which had real serial port on it. now i run windows 10 and tried three different usb com adapters. those adapters install properly. But even without an adaptor plugged in I can only start the editor, and if I go to the connect window that specific window will not open. the editor software then is hanging and nothing happens. Maybe one of you has some Idea about it.

thanks a lot

skuhle

read more...
    0 45
    • skuhle
      PedroRodrigues Hi skuhle, unfortunately non of this unit will be able to interface with the respective editor using any type of adaptors and also the Editor will not run on a 64 bit OS. If you wish to keep using this Editor you must do it via legacy Operating System and connect it directly via serial port. Thank you
      • Aug 18
  • New
    wpsellers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-08

Hey Folks,

I just got my PlethoraX5 yesterday and been having a blast.  I noticed that in the manual that it specified to only use the supplied TC Electronics power supply.  Can I safely use the PlethoraX5 ith a 1Spot Trutone Power Supply?

Here is a link to the power supply

Model:  NW1-US
    Input:  100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.35A
    Output:  9V --- 1700mA (Max.)

Juuuuust making sure.  Also, every once-in-a-while, I get the Plethora "lock up" on booting.  Does this happen from time to time?  I'm attaching some pics.

Also, is there a "clean" way to power the unit off?   Or, just kill power to it.  (Newbie question...)

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE. -- Just want to make sure I don't screw anything up with my new purchase.
    Will

read more...
    0 44
    • wpsellers
      PedroRodrigues Hi wpsellers please consider that you must use the supplied TC Electronics PSU supplied to avoid any issue with your unit. I will leave you below a full process for the "lock up on booting mode " issue you have mentioned, for that please follow the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/TSvjtrYo4GiWD3PLg/ When it comes to any questions for your unit I would suggest to follow the link below to access a great guide for the PLETHORA X5 https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/tc-helicon-plethora-x5-quickstart-guide/
      • Aug 8
      • 1Spot - Trutone Power Supply w/PlethoraX5
        wpsellers Thanks.... My firmware is at the 1.2.... The document file says its for: "HOTFIX for PLETHORA X5 units with 1.0 firmware stuck in boot mode" ---Also I never used that version of the TonePrint app, detailed in the doc. Just making sure. It doesn't lock up all of the time----and when it does, I power cycle and usually boots right back up. I'd assume that I would apply the patch....then, Update back to 1.2? THANKS SO MUCH....
        • ·
        • Aug 8
      • 1Spot - Trutone Power Supply w/PlethoraX5
        wpsellers On the PSU issue... Are there any "approved" 3rd party PSUs? Just curious about what people do who have pedal boards with PSU's mounted under their boards, etc, etc. For me at home, the PSU thing is not an issue; however, if I start gigging-----and build a pedalboard with a nice PSU, would I be OK plugging the Plethora into it? Again, THANKS SO MUCH!
        • Aug 8
    • wpsellers
      PedroRodrigues

Hi wpsellers please consider that we cannot advise any 3rd party PSU noR we have approved any, in this case I would suggest research and caution when testing the PSU's on your unit. In regard to the issue you have reported I would suggest re-installing version 1.2 but please follow the guidance present on the Firmware Release Notes Version 1.2 that you can access by following the link below :https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M Thank you

• Aug 8
  • New
    Matias
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-04

Hola, necesito descargar los driver de TC electronics DVR 250 y TC 2290 para 32bits, podrian decirme como los descargo? en la pagina oficial solo estan los de 64 bits, muchas gracias

Hello, I need to download the drivers for TC electronics DVR 250 and TC 2290 for 32bits, could you tell me how to download them? on the official page there are only 64-bit ones, thank you very much
    read more...
    0 68
  • New
    ChrisBassett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-03

So i have these two little Gems on the way and I am wondering what order the internet experts would suggest the be placed in the chain. 

0 36
    • ChrisBassett
      PedroRodrigues Hi ChrisBassett effectively this will depend on your creative intentions but I would suggest to set up on your chain first the TC BodyRez, midrange shaping & compression, followed by the TC Spark boost pedal, shift between rhythm and lead volumes. Thank you
      • Aug 4
  • New
    jvengrove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-03

I am having an issue with Lake Controller. I have been using it for the last few weeks with no issues. Yesterday I was logged into it via a remote computer and I changed the window size of the remote comptuer and Lake Controller gave me an error and then quit. When I try and relaunch it opens, asks me if I want to load the last system configuration, but I cannot select "yes" or "no" and the entire program becomes unresponsive. The program is currently launching in full-screen mode so the only thing I can do is resize the screen which freezes my computer and just starts this problem all over again. I tried running a software repair, and I have also uninstalled 7.0.5 and reinstalled 7.0.6 and am getting the same issue. I am on a computer running Windows 10. Any insight into how to get this working again?

read more...
    0 51
    • jvengrove
      DavidKnighton Hello jvengrove,
      You might want to submit this as a tech support inquiry as it sounds like it's going to be rather involved. What I would suggest is to bypass the whole remote computer option for now and put you hands directly on the host computer to restore the application and set your window size. By default the system takes over your graphics processor, which allows for ideal touchscreen operation. By setting the window size remotely, you may have inadvertently created a system error. You may even be forced to uninstall the application and then reinstall.
      • Aug 3
  • New
    Empire
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-02

Hello,   (Seem that I can't find the right category) 

Not too long ago that I just got the GoXLR Mini and trying to get things perfect but not going the way I wanted it to go. 

Firstly for OBS, for Broadcast outpoint, I have the volume scroll up to max and yet when gaming, talking and other sounds is only maxing out to (Image)

When I watch other people, or on YouTube, they have the same setting but they are up in the yellow marker, the only way for me to do so is to go to "advance Audio Properties" and have broadcast set to 250% (8.0 dB) to 300%. My point saying that I do not have to do that? I mean is that right?

Also

I'm using AT2020, and yeah it's not easy to remove background and also not trying to cut out the voice at the same time. But this is another problem on my hands. When I set up the microphone to be as perfect as I can, my voice sounds a little higher than game sounds, on Discord (Discord setting maxed out) people can't hear me. When adjusting microphone settings again to louder and to get it as perfect as I can, people in Discord can hear me however on OBS the microphone is way too loud. Can't win.

So what I have done is, setup another channel just for the microphone on OBS and just the volume input on OBS 

So need tips and help, please? and as I'm typing my microphone is being picked up on OBS and the mic is not even near me. 

read more...
    0 41
  • New
    RobertoBarillas
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-07-28

Does anyone know if last year's webinars are available to watch somewhere?

I'm looking to watch Mix-Matrix and Festivals Switcher Webinar again

0 54
    • RobertoBarillas
      DavidKnighton Hello Roberto,
      They are available, but I have to get you a link to them. May take a moment for me to get them.
      • Jul 29
    • RobertoBarillas
      RettichProd Has this video been posted, as I’m in the same boat.
      • Aug 18
  • New
    rpavich
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-28

one thing that I'd like to see is a large board name visible so that I know which board I'm on at a glance. At the moment there is no clue as to which board I'm using. I have one set up for "chicken picking" but also one set up for more general playing, also one for more ambient but they look the same, a large readout with "chicken picking" or "standard board" would be good.

read more...
    0 40
    • rpavich
      WilliamR Hello, William from music tribe here. I have passed your suggestion to our developers for consideration.
      • Jul 28
    • rpavich
      Sassy1Nabors

Hi,JDN here.I would like to suggest a midi program in on/off and out on/off for the Plethora x5. Thank You !

• Thu at 7:25 PM
  • New
    jeaves726
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-27

I just bought a Perform V about a week ago.  After hooking it up, there is a ground hum (about 80 hertz) coming out of it that I can't get rid of.   Here are a few notes about the setup:

Shure ULXD24/KSM9 > Perform V > Mixer (input>onboard compressor>onboard EQ).

1.  The input is all the way down and distorts if I turn up the gain at all.  I've trimmed down the gain coming out of the wireless receiver and it is working ok as far as input/distortion.

2.  I've swapped out the mic cables and checked wiring to make sure it isn't a problem with the cables.  Same result with all cables.

3.  It seems to be slightly less prevalent after a reset of the unit.  As soon any presets are loaded, it gets worse.  This is the case even without the preset being selected or HIT being on.  

4.  In order to get the mic up to an acceptable level on our sound system, we have to turn up the gain/fader which in turn amplifies the hum.  

5.  The firmware is updated to the most current version.  

Can anyone help?  Could this be a line/mic level signal problem?  It's a pretty neat little unit and I want to use it, but the hum makes it useless.

read more...
    0 41
    • jeaves726
      PedroRodrigues Hi jeaves726 thank you for your contact, I would suggest to confirm that you have the 48V (Phantom Power) activated and also confirming the type Mic control is set up on this unit . On another point it may be useful to test a wired microphone with this unit to confirm that the input is operating correctly and the wireless signal is not causing any issues on any signal stage specially on the Roomsense onboard microphone. For last as a general check please confirm that all your cables are in good conditions and that you are using the supplied PSU.
      • Jul 28
    • jeaves726
      jeaves726 It's amazing how little info is out there on this unit. I was able to figure it out though. If you are an end user, I would be careful about the trouble shooting given here. Phantom power was absolutely wrong for the setup I detailed in the original comment. Most of the rest didn't apply.

Ultimately, I was able to figure it out. The unit is not equipped to accept a line level signal (as I suspected). I switched the ULXD receiver to mic level and started adjusting the gain on the unit. There is no option to pad or switch the Perform V so if you don't have a mic level signal, you are out of options.
      • Jul 30
  • New
    ColinG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-26

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

I have perused the manual and watched YouTube videos. However: with the Loop light blinking green, I set myself up with a few chords/notes to record then hit the 'Loop' button.  What happens then is the first note/chord just echoes back at me, then the next...and the next... until the whole thing is a cumulative mess!

Of course, all I want to do is hear what I am playing; then hit the button again and hear it all back as I played it. It is as if I am playing into an echo efffects pedal?

I hope all that made sense and you are now rolling your eyes as I have made a very obvious error.

Thanks.

Colin.

read more...
    0 42
    • ColinG
      PedroRodrigues Hi ColinG as a first step I would suggest to check if you are using the latest version Firmware version for your unit. If your unit is not please follow the steps below to update your unit.

To perform the firmware update please download the newest firmware from the “Support” page for your TC pedal.
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/DITTO-JAM-X2-LOOPER/p/P0DAT/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
      There are updaters:
      – for Microsoft Windows (these are ZIP archives containing the firmware
      installer) and
      – for OS X (these are disk image files containing the firmware installer).

2. Unplug all cables (including the power supply) from your TC pedal.

3. Connect the pedal to your computer using a USB cable.

4. Insert the DC power supply plug. The leftmost LED on your pedal should
      turn green.

Your TC pedal will now be recognized as an updatable device.

Applying the firmware update
      Open the firmware update file. The pedal’s current firmware will be listed,
      as well as the version contained in the updater.

Click “Update” and let the program run. The BeatSense LED will flash red
      during the update. At some point, the update window may indicate that the
      pedal has disconnected, which is normal.

When finished, the unit will return to the loop mode display shown prior to
      the update procedure
      • Jul 27
    • ColinG
      ColinG

Thanks Pedro, I will try this. I have now had two pedals suspecting a fault with the first! I am a bit perturbed that there seems to have been no update for eight years. But worth a go.

• Jul 27
Go to page