Statistics

268,276 members
147,845 posts
  • MJX57
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    I am searching the forum for an old thread that listed a solution to a freezing/locking and muting problem that the TC Electronic G Major 2 has been having. It appears that musictribe changed their web platform and now it wont list the old URL? Can someone please help either with finding the URL or reposting the solution? Apparently it has a faulty ribbon cable that attaches to the front display, but a user found a DIY soldering solution, if I remember correctly. The original URL was: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/G-major-2-freeze-and-locks-SOLUTION/td-p/97611/page/7 Thanks!
    read more...
    0 1,145
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 Hi MJX57. I hope this helps. If you go to this link, the topic you are after is the top one. On the top line, just after 'page', there is a down arrow. Click on this and 'cached' appears. Click on that and a new page appears. This is th ethread you were looking for but it is in a really strange format however the information you require is there if you scroll down. Hope this helps. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB815GB815&sxsrf=ALeKk03ellgDPnVc0qiA10w831NR_7d1Eg%3A1593701152876&ei=IPP9XuiXNdHXgQbcuqSgBg&q=tc+electronic+G+MAJOR+2+freeze+on+music+tribe+community&oq=tc+electronic+G+MAJOR+2+freeze+on+music+tribe+community&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoHCAAQRxCwAzoECCEQClD6_glYpaMKYNXYCmgBcAB4AIABXYgB7AiSAQIxNJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjop-G4567qAhXRa8AKHVwdCWQQ4dUDCAw&uact=5
      • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 Copy and paste the above text into word or similar and you will get all the text. I will contact the web team with regards to
      the text falling off the page
      • July 2, 2020
      • G Major 2 Freeze and locks SOLUTION
        MJX57 Thanks, Nigel. I was able to access the cached version of the page. Any word on why old threads won't show up on the musictribe platform anymore?
        • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      Nigel67 I am not fully sure, I think it is because we have had to move to new servers and the links are broken. I will try and find out for you.
      • July 2, 2020
    • MJX57
      guitarplayer83 I have a g major 2 freezing up, but can not find the thread to repair it. Any help would be appreciated.
      • August 21, 2020
      • G Major 2 Freeze and locks SOLUTION
        Nigel67 Hi, I have been taking a look at some reports on the internet with regards this issue and it appears that the fault is normally the ribbon cable from the main board to the front board. I am guessing, that probably the pins are oxidising over time and thus becoming intermittant. With the unit switched off, you could try unplugging the connector and replugging a few times to see if that fixes the issue or try some deoxit on the pins. Unfortunately, if it is oxidisation, then it will re-appear at some time. An option to fix the issue once and for all, if it is the cable, would be to hard solder it to both pcbs or you could purchase replacement cable and mating connectors. Some people have mentioned IC holders, but I think on 99% of the time it has been the cable. Hope this helps.
        • August 24, 2020
  • OverLabyss
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    Klark Teknik DM DESIGNER 3.1 and DM KONTROL 3.1 are now available for download, via the downloads section on the DM8000 product page. DM KONTROL offers PC based customised control page creation and operation of a DM8000 DSP across an ethernet network, when deployed with the new DM801 serial to ethernet bridge. ข่าวฟุตบอล
    read more...
    0 72
    • OverLabyss
      RGWINEDWARDS Trying to download new firmware so I can connect to my new DM8000. Website says the following (below) everytime i go to page (regardles s of whether i am logged in or not!!!!!!! Error 477 Suspended CDN resource Unfortunately, this CDN resource has been suspended. REALLY NEED to get this going today! Someone please help. my email is [email protected]
      • July 13, 2020
  • haisun
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-01
    Hello everyone. I have a DEQ2496, when the turn on, LCD show " errorcode 12 [1] ". If anyone know what error code 12 [1] or that there is an error code table of DEQ2496, please help me.
    0 255
    • haisun
      haisun help me please
      • July 2, 2020
    • haisun
      leah Hello haisun, if you haven't already, please submit a Care Ticket using the Support link above. We'll be glad to assist you. Thanks!
      • July 9, 2020
      • Help me, DEQ2496 LCD display " Error code 12 [1] "
        haisun I created a Ticket Number: CAS-115557-V6Y9D1 from July 1, but still have not received assistance. Please help me !
        • July 20, 2020
    • haisun
      haisun Thank for your interest. I created a Ticket Number: CAS-115557-V6Y9D1. Please support me.
      • July 11, 2020
    • haisun
      grumby2 It's odd that you haven't received a reply as I did within a few days of submitting a CT a week ago. I was referred to Thermal Relief Design

730 W Cheyenne Ave, North Las Vegas, NV 89030

Phone: (702) 395-7005
      • January 28, 2021
      • Help me, DEQ2496 LCD display " Error code 12 [1] "
        grumby2 I accidentally submitted my reply without adding that my unit had a flashing display at POWER ON which would stabilize after several minutes after which the unit worked until the next time it was powered ON. The same day I contacted Thermal Relief I was sent a form via email with shipping instructions. The unit was shipped the next morning, Jan. 27.
        • January 28, 2021
  • Raggydoll
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-01
    I have filled in a ticket completely for registering my 76 KT. When I click on register nothing happens.
    0 169
    • Raggydoll
      Dale_M Have you received any email confirmation or a ticket number?
      • July 1, 2020
    • Raggydoll
      Greene Can I register a product on the mobile app?
      • September 20, 2020
  • Vittoriovibe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-25
    Hi community, I purchased the flashback 2 x4 but I can't find the manual of the new toneprint editor because I can't understand how to save my presets on the PC and also I can't understand some parameters that are in the editor. finally, I couldn't even get the looper to work with the effects inserted, it only works without delay. Thanks for the help
    read more...
    0 78
    • Vittoriovibe
      Nigel67 Hi Vittoriovibe, please find the link below to the Editor Manual https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/tcelectronic/tc-electronic-toneprint-editor-manual-english.pdf
      • June 25, 2020
    • Vittoriovibe
      Vittoriovibe Thanks a lot but the link it's the old editor, the new maybe still has not been released! You have a New flashback? Because the new manual of flashback 2 x4 it is not exhaustive and I was unable to solve the loop problem
      • June 26, 2020
    • Vittoriovibe
      Nigel67 Hi Vittoriovibe. The updated manual for the toneprint editor hasn't been finalised yet. A colleague will raise the question with the relevant team. I have put links below to TC You Tube videos which should help you in using your unit, including the toneprint editor. There are also many other videos buy other musicians that may help you as well if you make a search on the internet.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJelHAoGTII
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmS2BBMU48A
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfIN63YMipw
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=xBi9ikO6mT8&feature=emb_logo
      • June 29, 2020
    • Vittoriovibe
      Nigel67 Hi Vittoriovibe. The updated manual for the toneprint editor hasn't been finalised yet. A colleague will raise the question with the relevant team. I have put links below to TC You Tube videos which should help you in using your unit, including the toneprint editor. There are also many other videos buy other musicians that may help you as well if you make a search on the internet.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJelHAoGTII
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmS2BBMU48A
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfIN63YMipw
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=xBi9ikO6mT8&feature=emb_logo
      • June 29, 2020
    • Vittoriovibe
      fyxgy My M2000 has a dead battery
      • October 14, 2020
      • Help for new Editor flashback 2 x4
        Nigel67 Hi Mike, the battery inside is a LITHIUM BAT.. 3V/200mA. CR2032RV (Diameter 20mm x 3.2mm). It will require soldering into the pcb. If you want to send the unit in for repair, please go to the support tab at the top of the page and select the service option. You will fill out a form and a colleague will get back to you regarding servicing your unit. Many thanks
        • October 19, 2020
  • Nyfolk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-23
    I have purchased another used M5000. When the unit is turned on, there is a message of "Serial Information Mismatch". I have tried to make contact at TC or Music Tribe to no avail. I would really hate to see this unit wind up as a door stop. Can someone direct me to someone who can get me a repair code? Thnak you!
    read more...
    0 183
    • Nyfolk
      RexBeckett I suggest that you open a Care ticket. At the top of this page, click Support -> Care -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Technical Support. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit.
      • June 23, 2020
      • M5000 Serial Information Mismatch
        Nyfolk Good morning Rex, I have tried to do this already. The drop down menu does not include the M5000. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        Nyfolk I have followed the path to creating a care ticket. When I arrive at the request for model name, the M5000 is not listed. I do realize that this is a legacy product. Is there an email or phone number that I could reach out to discuss the issue and get resolution? I have had this issue many years ago and TC resolved this easily with a repair code. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        RexBeckett The usual solution for this is to use the model number of a similar product. Explain the reason in the problem description.

The Care ticket is currently the only way to request technical support. Once the ticket is open, you should get a response by email. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder.
        • June 23, 2020
    • Nyfolk
      Nigel67 Hi Nyfolk, if M5000 doesn't appear in the Product drop down, I would suggest choosing another TC Electronic product in the same category or as close as you can, and then put M5000 Help required in the Description and also Subject. If you want to reply on here with the case number, then I can pick up the case in the morning and assign it to the relevant person. Many thanks
      • June 23, 2020
        Nyfolk Nigel, I have created a care ticket. The number is CAS-114126-V5B7Y8. Thank you!
        • June 23, 2020
        Nigel67 I have your ticket and will pass it on to someone who can help.
        • June 24, 2020
        slaterweezer Hi Nigel, I have the same issue today! If there is anyway at all you can help I would most appreciate it! My case number is: CAS-118452-P7M5G1
        • ·
        • July 8, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi slaterweezer, I have picked up your case. I think it is the same issue as Nyfolk which means having to change the internal battery. I will confirm this with a colleague in the morning and e-mail you back.
        • July 8, 2020
    • Nyfolk
      tomex Hi Nigel, I have the same Issue with my M5000. Changed the Battery. Still get the "Serial Information Mismatch". I guess this is a very common problem once you loose the backup battery. For this "vintage" equipment, it would be great to have a general solution published :-)
      • December 28, 2021
  • TheMoroney
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-20
    I own both a Feedback Destroyer 1100 and 1124 and i can not get the software editor to work on windows 10. Is there any advice to get it working?
    0 288
    • TheMoroney
      AlexLane These are fairly older legacy products, so probably have not been updated for windows 10. Tricky one to support, but have you tried running in compatibility mode maybe?
      • June 23, 2020
      • Feedback Destroyer DSP1100/1124 Software Win 10
        AlexLane Hi there, as far as I'm aware there is no software editor for the FX2000 I'm afraid!
        • July 17, 2020
      • Feedback Destroyer DSP1100/1124 Software Win 10
        TheMoroney That's ridiculous. such an advanced unit like this should have a editor that allows fine control over the different parameters. Is there a way to request that one be made?
        • July 17, 2020
  • JohnnyG
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-06-19
    Hi all. Need help with this unit . I know it's a legacy item but can't find any documentation or Youtube clips to assist me. It's like it never existed :-) The user manual is useless so any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks
    0 70
    • JohnnyG
      TC-Mike Hi Johnny, what do you need to know? Please give us a description of your issue and possible the steps to reproduce. Currently the G-natural and all its documentation vanished from the website after the update.
      • June 24, 2020
    • JohnnyG
      JohnnyG Thanks for replying Tc Mike. I ended up just jumping in & pulling it to bits. Found a few dry solder joints which was making the compressor drop a leg at the beginning of the chain. With that sorted I came to realise that it just wouldn't reproduce using the stereo line level ins (one of which is instrument level but can be adjusted by level only to match) but there's still an impedance mismatch. The only way it comes to life is running the guitar at instrument level in mono. Not what I had in mind for my set up but have made it work for me. The balanced outs are pin3 Tip so when you combine it with anything there's a potential phase issue. I've persevered as a gigging set up with an expression pedal & my A3 preamp & it is well worth the money I paid. Always been a tc fan which was why I couldn't believe it sounded so bad. Was likewise surprised to not see any youtube reviews, they can't have been a great seller but with a little patience it's a good road worthy tank. Cheers J♫
      • September 3, 2020
    • JohnnyG
      TC-Mike HI Johnny, good to hear you sorted the issue! best regards, Mike
      • September 7, 2020
  • rbndr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-16
    Hi, I would like to try out the latest ditto x4 firmware build. Could I get a link to it, along with a link to the original versions (should I need to revert it) thanks
    0 194
    • rbndr
      WilliamR Hello, There are currently no links to previous Ditto X4 firmware. If you need the previous versions, please create a care ticket and someone can track it down for you if you need it. Here is a link to the latest firmware.
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/DITTO-X4-LOOPER/p/P0DE9/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
      • June 16, 2020
      • latest Ditto X4 firmware
        rbndr thanks, I was hoping to get the newer beta build 91
        • June 17, 2020
  • Drbob666
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    Hi I can’t get TonePrint to work through my wireless guitar system. It works fine though a cable. I suspect I know the answer but is there a fix?
    0 68
    • Drbob666
      TC-Mike You can use USB transfer via app instead. In order for beaming to work you either need a magnetic speaker on the TP beaming device directly into your guitar pickup or you use a cbale froom the output into the input of the toneprint pedal
      • June 13, 2020
      • TonePrint through Shure GLXD16?
        Drbob666 Thanks for the reply. I thought as much! ????
        • June 13, 2020
Go to page