260,536 members
139,134 posts
  • Jayric1313
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-20
    0 107
    • Jayric1313
      TCH-Rob

The VL3 can process a bass throught the guitar inputs. The only downside of using bass is that you can't use NaturalPlay harmonies with it as you need to play chords in order to use NaturalPlay. 

• February 26, 2020
  • Sferna
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-15

Hi has anyone in UK tried to power their harmony singer (v1) via batteries or a power bank? I've got some busking in the next few weeks and looking for what equipment to buy to make this happen. 

0 77
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-13

I saw a friend's band the other week, and he had a TCH box that allowed him play his bass to whatever pitch he wanted, without physically tuning the instrument. So he was in standard tuning, but he can play a half-step lower through the box. He showed me, but now I've forgotten it. What is it?

read more...
    0 142
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

Hi @ChrisF , 

our  Voicelive 3 would allow you to do this using the octaver effect, but that might not be the most accurate or efficient way to pitch shift your pedal. I would check out the TC Electronic Brain Waves pitch shifter; this might be a cheaper and better sounding device if all you want is pitch shifting. 

• February 13, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

Thanis @TCH-Rob , I think I found the pedal I'm looking for, albeit from a different company.

• February 14, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@TCH-Rob so on the VL3X, how can I pitch shift 3 semi-tones, say, I play an F major chord but key of D is played?

• February 29, 2020
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

@ChrisF  you would use the "octaver' effect in the guitar section and set the "shift" parameter to the number of semitones you want to transpose your signal by. You'd also need to se the mix to 100%. Unfortunately this wouldn't sound very good; the pitch shifter in VL3 isn't great, and works best when playing single notes. 

• March 2, 2020
  • JohnShelley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-12

Imported some tracks.  Noticed for the first time XIST message.  What does this mean?  Does it mean the track exists already?  If so does it overwrite?

0 105
  • dhoff1234
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-11

Hey There,

A friends Voicelive 2 broke.  I opened it up, found one of the voltage regulators has a dead short.  I put in a ticket to see if tc-helicon can get me a schematic or maybe people actually repair equipment and can say, oh yea, such and such goes bad.  They closed out the ticket without any response.  I guess it is too much effort to be helpful.  

If anyone has ever encountered something causing it to stop working, feel free to respond.  I will start with desoldering the cables one at a time, and seeing if the voltage comes back.  Nothing obvious on the main board.  

Thanks.

read more...
    0 137
    • dhoff1234
      TCH-Rob

Hi @dhoff1234 !

It's odd that our care team closed your ticket without a responce. What was the ticket number? I can enquire more with them and get them to follow up if you'd like. 

• February 26, 2020
    • dhoff1234
      dhoff1234

Hi Rob,

Feel free to give it a try.  The ticket number is CAS-70505-C7P4W2.

Thanks very much,
      Dan

• February 26, 2020
    • dhoff1234
      TCH-Rob

Hi @dhoff1234 ,

an email was sent to you about the ticket on the 9th, but they forgot to attach the schematic. An email will be sent shortly with the requested information!  

• February 28, 2020
  • JamesMiller
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-09

Can I use USB midi from one keyboard and standard midi from another as long as I never play them at the same time? This is for triggering harmonies. Or can I use a midi merger device?

1 83
    • JamesMiller
      TCH-Rob

Hi @JamesMiller ,

Hypothetically, this should work! I'm not sure if it's something that's been tested thoroughly but a midi merger should work fine. You should try it!

• February 12, 2020
  • BGJammer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-09

First post on this forum. Looking for some guidance/advice.

My wife has been after me for a couple of years now to "record your songs". I guess she wants to have something to pass along to the grandchildren, play at a memorial service, keep the mice away - I don't know, but I've decided to work on her request.

I'm having some issues, however, and am turning here for possible answers.

This is my setup:

• Multiple guitars, both acoustic and electric, all with pickups
    • Floureon BM-800 condenser mic
    • TC-Helicon harmony G-XT (used only for harmonies, no guitar effects)
    • M-Audio Fast Track Pro audio interface
    • Acoustic AG60 amp (which I would not use, if everything worked as I envision it) - normally used only for voice when jamming with others
    • Peavey Vypyr VIP-3 amp - used for all guitars and required for input to Audicity because of the modeling output I desire (twelve string, acoustic, etc.)
    • Audicity audio recording software
    • PC running Windows 10

Ideally, I would like to do the following - run guitar and voice into G-XT (G-XT does have power for the mic), run G-XT guitar output to Peavey then Peavey output (via 3.5 mm headphone jack) to M-Audio 1/4" input, run G-XT XLR voice output to M-Audio XLR input, run M-Audio USB output to PC for recording.

When I have everything connected as above, I get - a. extreme distortion (both guitar and/or voice) or b. no guitar modeling or c. no voice harmonies. I have tried all the setting variations I can think of, to no avail. That includes not powering the mic with the G-XT, using the M-Audio power instead; using the M-Audio PAD option on one or both inputs; using Line or Inst options for one or both M-Audio inputs; modifying M-Audio Gain settings from Hi to Lo and everywhere in between; adjusting combinations of Peavey and G-XT gain settings, etc.

I am new to the M-Audio and condenser mic setup. My son loaned them to me to accomplish the recording I want to do. His use was just guitar in and mic in then out to a PC, so he really isn't sure what my problem might be.

At this time, I am reduced to using both amps, placing the condenser mic in front of them and connecting my Shure SM58 mic as voice input to the G-XT - not what I want to do because of possible background noise from one or both mics.

Any thoughts?

Ken in Kansas

read more...
    0 75
    • BGJammer
      TCH-Rob

Hi @BGJammer ,

If you're experiencing a lot of background noise and distortion, you likely have the gain too high somewhere in your signal chain. I would try dialing back the input volume on your audio interface or on the channel strips in audacity. Also, which power supply are you using for the Harmony g-xt? Is it the one that was originally included? If it has the wrong voltage or current that could also explain the odd behaviour. 

• February 28, 2020
  • McElviss
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-06

Hi, we use an Xr16 for our gigs that are mainly in pubs/bars. We have one vocal mic, one kick drum mic, one guitar DI and occasionally one or (very rarely) two overheads on the drums. The mixer feeds 2 x B115Ds and 2 x B1500XP subs. What's the best way to plug the FBQ2496 in for best effect to give us the most headroom on the vocal mic without affecting the guitar sound (obviously we WANT guitar feedback!)? Is it to put it across the MainLR, or just plug the vocal mic into one channel of the FBQ? Or do we need to start routing sends and returns via the AUX ports to just get the vocal channel going through the FBQ?

read more...
    0 202
    • McElviss
      RexBeckett

@McElviss 

The FBQ2496 has line-level inputs and outputs so you cannot connect the vocal mic directly to it. You will need to route the vocal mic to an Aux output, connect that to the FBQ input and take the output to a spare XR16 input.

You should disconnect the original mic channel from the Main LR mix - open the channel Main tab and click the LR button to turn it off (grey).

• February 5, 2020
    • McElviss
      McElviss

Thanks Rex. How is best to configure the spare channel the FBQ is plugged into? Switch all the EQ and stuff off and set the channel gain and fader accordingly? Or is it possible to route the input channel directly to MainLR bypassing any of the channel strip?

• February 5, 2020
    • McElviss
      RexBeckett

@McElviss wrote:

Thanks Rex. How is best to configure the spare channel the FBQ is plugged into? Switch all the EQ and stuff off and set the channel gain and fader accordingly? Or is it possible to route the input channel directly to MainLR bypassing any of the channel strip?

@McElviss 

Yes you could turn EQ and dynamics off on the FBQ return channel. You could use a pre-fader send from the original vocal channel to the Aux out so the channel fader is not used. Then the fader on the FBQ return channel becomes your vocal fader. If you reassign the channel inputs, you could have the FBQ return in the same channel position as the vocal mic input and place the vocal send channel in a less conspicuous position.

• February 6, 2020
    • McElviss
      McElviss

I imagine the FBQ output is a line level signal, so I wouldn't need an input with a preamp?

• February 6, 2020
  • Sferna
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-05

it suffers from the many issues mentioned with these earlier models. Is there a way to get these fixed?

0 90
  • PeterStedt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-31

Hi.  I am using the Limiter -14 for Spotify but in the prepare section its Another specification, its -17 How can that be? At the same time down in the lower right of the Windows it says Output Loudnes -14
    What does Prepared mean, i do not quite follow. I tried  to upload a pic but the file was to big.  All the best! Peter Stedt

Sweden

F754B70A-E690-42C3-844D-891C5C094B2F.png
    read more...
    0 192
    • PeterStedt
      PeterStedt

hi is there anyone here who is working with Finalizer var could lead me to someone who do? all the best! Peter 2029-02-08

• February 8, 2020
    • PeterStedt
      PeterStedt

Hi I have got an reply in my mailbox BUT , the links do not go to the Soarer (Contributor - Level 1) or the other one, why is that? This community is very hard to understand, really! Hi PeterStedt, Soarer (Contributor - Level 1) posted a new reply in Effects and Signal Processors on 2020-02-09 11:33 AM: Re: Finalizer loudness I use the Finalizer every day in my hardware setup so more like a master bus compressor and not as a mastering unit. But I'm wondering why you set the limiter so low? There's no auto gain

• February 9, 2020
Go to page