Statistics

260,510 members
139,103 posts
  • ar
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-29

The tc2240 is no longer in production,cannot seem to get any sense out of custmer support..I need a mains transformer for it as it was switched on at 110v while the wall voltage is 220,can anybody help..long shot i know..........

0 64
  • amathie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-24

I've been using my TC System 6000 Mk1 with Icon software, as for my purposes, I didn't want the extra clutter and expense of the Icon hardware controller and the rack mounted CPU unit that it needs to run.

Whilst discussing upgrading my MK1 mainframe to a MK2, I've just learnt that the Icon software is only 32 bit and wont therefore run on the current MacOS.

Please could a TC representative confirm whether or not TC are withdrawing support for ICON software for the Mk 1 and the Mk 2.

If this was the case, I would feel this was an unreasonable step.

read more...
    0 133
  • bearaby
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-23

I love this box for karaoke but I notice singers still get way too loud without warning without an outboard compressor. Would I need to turn off tone to use an outboard compressor in the insert of the Perform V mic channel on my mixer? I haven't tried it yet and thought I would ask here first.

read more...
    0 117
    • bearaby
      TCH-Rob

Hi @bearaby , 

I would test both! It likely won't sound bad if you leave tone on and then use an outboard compressor, but if you find your signal is getting too compressed you could turn tone off. 

Hope this helps  

• January 23, 2020
    • bearaby
      kiskadar69

I think these effects should be used one after the other:

1. TC-Helicon VoiceTone T1 (you can set higher compression on this)

2. TC-Helicon Perform-V (with Tone off).

• January 24, 2020
  • DB-4433
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-22

I'm just kinda curious ... I put up a post a couple of days ago and *nothing* ... do you find this is forum is used? 

Any suggestions on alternate forums?

Thanks!!!

0 658
    • DB-4433
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Douglas @DB-4433 

Welcome to the forum. To be honest, most of the posting involves the digital mixers, TC Helicon products and the new synthesizers. I haven't used one of those Virtualizer Pro effects units for a number of years. But if I recall, you can only use one preset at a time. If you do want to use EQ, compressor, and other effects simultaneously, I would suggest you consider getting one of the X-Air digital consoles, such as the XR12. Each channel has a gate, EQ and compressor. Plus there are 4 FX slots that you can populate with the numerous type of FX built-in (56 to be exact). In fact the FX engine is identical to the one in the X32. 

• January 22, 2020
  • jeronath
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-21

Hi everybody,

I am trying to find the last firmware update for my TC-Helicon VoiceLive Extreme 3 serial no 17735736. As I have read on a recent post it seems to be the build 366. I am a Linux user so I cannot use the voicesupport software existing for Win and Mac and need to download a file to make the update via an usb key.

Somebody knows where to get that file ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Nathanaël

read more...
    0 650
  • DB-4433
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

FX 2000 New guy here ... thank you for your patience ...

I'm using an acoustic guitar with a pickup.  I'm finding that when I play with some volume and finger pick, if I pluck the fifth-string A (440) the sound is loud and clear - but it keeps on going WAY too long.  This is only with the A string.  I'd like it to sound and then not really continue ringing for sixty seconds or more ... Would this be done through an EQ or a Compressor?  Suggestions on settings?

Thanks!

DB

read more...
    0 94
  • GEORGIADREAMER
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-18

I have just come upon the 'Duplicator.' I own the Harmony Singer 2 and I would appreciate it if someone who has or is using both would give me some information as to 'why' I might add the 'Duplicator' to my inventory. I also own a 'Mic Mechanic 2' as well as the Voice Live and VoiceLive Touch. I am 75 and have been playing since almost before electricity. I play acoustic 'enhanced guitar and other stringed instruments. Being 'plugged in' is a relatively new experience or me, but I love it and am an Ardent TC-Helicon user and owner. I  would appreciate your info. THANKS, Adriaan

read more...
    0 516
    • GEORGIADREAMER
      TCHelicon-Tad

Hey GeorgiaDreamer,

Well, I'm not sure if you have the first Voicelive Touch or one of the later iterations, but a Voicelive 2 could replicate almost all of those pedals at once. So, if you have a Voicelive 2, it might be redundant. But there's additional benefits of the device being smaller, newer, and dedicated to doing that one effect. 

If you have a very specific set you are planning, it could be much simpler and easier to use the three pedals rather than navigating through the Voicelive Menu system while performing. Additionally, what the Harmony Singer does is quite similar to the duplicator, but it's important to note that the Harmony Singer pedal can't emulate the Duplicator.

Harmony Singer will double your voice, but it will take those additional voices and modify the octave up or down. There is no option for unison mode, where the octave doesn't change. That's where the Duplicator comes in. It has EQ and compression built in, just like all of our pedals, so you're voice will sound better whether you use the effect or not. But, the Duplicator adds two more voices and lets you keep it at unison mode, send the voices up 1 and down 1 octave, or slightly shift the mode between octaves and unison until you find the right balance for you. Lastly, there is some pitch correction and reverb built into the duplicator, so there is some redundancy with the Mic Mechanic, but if you plug into the Mechanic first, then the duplicator or Singer, you shouldn't have any issues. 

Hope that helps!

• January 21, 2020
  • crispernaki
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-18

Howdy:

I have a SpectraDrive, and I loved the compression so much, I picked up a SpectraComp so I could dig down into the settings and creat my own TonePrints.

No matter what I do on the SpectraComp, I can't get rid of what sounds like clipping when plucking the strings agressively. There is no clipping when the SpectraComp is bypassed. There is no clipping when using the SpectraDrive ever.

When comparing the two, I'm using the same amp, bass, cables, and power supply. Only swapping between the two pedals, and only using one pedal at a time. Tried almost all of the TonePrints.

Have any of you had this issue? Is there a perhaps a problem with this particular SpectraComp? I submitted a support ticket, and am waiting to hear back, but it seemed like a good idea to ask around.

cb

read more...
    0 115
    • crispernaki
      TC-Rasmus

Hi Crispernaki

I figure that you're using the right power supply for the pedal right? It might be, that the SpectraComp somehow came loaded with at TonePrint that distorts the signal. It does not usually come with that, but it might have been beamed in at the factory. 

Please try to beam some of the TC TonePrints into the pedal via your Bass, and see if that changes anything for you. The Comp in SpectraDrive is based on SpectraComp, so they should definitely sound almost the same.

Have a crack at it, and let me know if it works

• January 20, 2020
  • bearaby
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-15

Perform V effects library - how are they created? How often are they updated? I have been using the Perform V on my main mic for karaoke singers and was considering getting another but may look for another product if the library is no longer going to be updated.

read more...
    0 94
    • bearaby
      TCH-Rob

Hi @bearaby , 

The Perform V library hasn't been updated recently and likely won't be in the near future, as we're very focused on developing new products at TC Helicon. You may be interested in something in our Voicelive Play series, as these allow one to create presets easily and quickly, which would allow you to update your catalogue yourself. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.  

• January 16, 2020
  • Lydfabrikken
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-13

Does anybody know how to restore passwords for M6000 licenses?

As I have changed battery in one of my mainframes, I have lost my license codes.

Please help!

Kind regards

Anders

0 166
    • Lydfabrikken
      TC-Claus

Hi Lydfabrikken,

Please send me Your Mainframe serial and Restore Key in a PM

All the best from

Claus

• January 12, 2020
    • Lydfabrikken
      MartinSeiferth

Hi,

I have the same problem. I use the M6000 on an OB Van and lost the license after changing the battery. 

unfortunatly I got no answer from [email protected] 

hope you can help me

martin

• January 27, 2020
Go to page