Statistics

254,392 members
132,075 posts
  • luchenbe
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

Hi, I use the DCX2496 PC software to control 2 daisy-chained DCX-es, the first connected via RS-232 to a PC running Windows 10 and an RS-485 link between the first and the second DCX. This works fine if I use a PC with a normal serial port, but on recent  notebooks without a serial port it does only see the first DCX when used with a USB-serial converter (I tried 2) . This is for both the older version of the DCX as for the latest generation. Maybe the DCX2496 terminal software does not work correctly with such adapters ? Is there a solution to this annoying problem or can Behringer adapt the terminal software (I use version 1.16a) so that it would work with such a setup?

read more...
    0 190
  • WhiskeyJaxx
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-01

I have a TC Helicon VoiceTone Single H1 Intelligent Harmonizer and when I use it with my wireless Shure system will activate the pedal when I start to talk or sing into the mic. This does not happen when using a wired mic.

Anyone experience this and have a remedy

Thank you!!

read more...
    0 183
    • WhiskeyJaxx
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @WhiskeyJaxx,
      My suspicion is that you have Mic Control activated and the pedal thinks you have our MP-75 microphone attached.  There's a little button on the right side of the pedal labelled "MIC CONTROL", ensure that button is depressed out and this issue will hopefully stop.  Cheers!

• November 13, 2019
  • Buchanfarmer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-01

I have an MDX 4400 from brand new but I can’t find the documentation of how to use it.

serial no - M0132161043, date code -109.

please where can I find the docs to download?

thanks, Doug.

0 232
  • vhollund
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I'm going through the new great features of Flashback 2 and the TP editor

However I can't seem to activate the octaver soundwise
    It's enabled in the settings, Wet level 0db and Router 0db Octaver to Effect but nothing happens

Are others having this issue or if not, what might I be doing wrong ?

read more...
    0 179
    • vhollund
      TC-Mike

Octaver can only be used with existing Crystal/Shimmer templates . See your other post for more details..

• September 23, 2019
  • Theolinho
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Hi Folks,

since yesterday my g-system has the green screen of death.

Tried a new cat5 cable, doesn´t work. The both lamps (PWR and link) doesn´t shine.

The loop pedals getting power.

Has anybody a proper solution? How can i reset (tried already the filter/comp combination during powering, nothing happend, only the version number is shown)?

What can i do????

read more...
    0 203
    • Theolinho
      TC-Mike

Hi theo,

please get in touch with our support team. This sounds like a potential hardware related issue that might need service.

You can contact our support team vi the link below:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/brand/tcelectronic/support#googtrans(en|en)

Best,

Mike

• September 23, 2019
    • Theolinho
      Skycold

Hello Theo. I'm experiencing a similar issue with my G-System iB Modified, I have a Green Screen and I tried the filter/comp combination and the system shows the message "AVR Boot V1.01" "0x00/0x00", the loop pedals getting power, also the red power led in the GFX01. But the blue link led doesn't shine.Thanks in advance.

• Jul 23
  • markflip
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-18

Hello, I've seen this topic come up a bit with similar requests for nova system but I don't see a current thread so I'm starting a new one. I bought a G system about 6 or more years ago and found it pretty deep to fully understand and at the time I just set it in a box and opted for my analog pedal rig that I had built. I recently joined a new band playing all original music and I felt it was time for a change of my tone and pulled out the G system again. 

I have to say thank you to Laird and his incredibly useful and way overachieved (in a good way) unofficial manual, I now feel I have a pretty good grasp of whats going on in that thing. I have it connected the 4 cable method through the preamp loop on my fender blues deville 4x10 amp and it sounds really fricken good.

Here's the problem, the band I play in has a drummer with an electronic kit and he keeps pushing for total volume control of our entire band so he is anti amps on stage. I tried to push back as much as possible but I am seeing the merit of not having to lug that amp from show to show. There is also a lot of new equipment out there and I was wondering if anybody has a good combination of a preamp and amp/cab simulators that could be wired in the 4 cable manor on the G so that the final output goes straight to a PA with no actual amp producing sound on stage?

The way I would see this happening is that I would have a preamp pedal running through the insert loop on the G, then the out of the G would go into an amp/cab simulator that would go to the PA. Ideally the simulator would have XLR outputs? Does such a thing exist? And to take it one more step, I would like to go stereo out so I may have to have 2 identical amp/cab simulators.

Does anyone have any successful experience with a setup like this and any hardware recommendations would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 210
    • markflip
      markflip

Don't everybody rush in all at once here! Take turns please?

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      DaveMorrison

@markflip 

The Sansamp's amp simulation is pretty good. I've used one forever.

• September 22, 2019
    • markflip
      markflip

Well I was hoping to have more feedback from the community but I spent a lot of time researching preamps and I found one that I think will be ideal. I wanted to share my find incase this question comes up again.

I purchased a https://www.two-notes.com/le-clean preamp today and once I get it in and hooked up and tweaked I will report back. I have high hopes that this will be the ultimate solution.

Two-notes makes several preamp models, I went with the le-clean because it's said to mimic American style tube amps and I am trying to replace a Fender Blues Deville 4x10 combo.

What sold me on the two-notes is a couple things;

• There is an effects loop that is inserted after the preamp

• I plan to connect the send on the G to the input on the Pre, the out on the Pre to the return on the G, the out on the G to the return on the Pre, then go XLR out of the Pre into the mixer, Viola the 4 cable method!

• There is a cabinet simulator (preset for the model, no adjustment) after the fx loop return

• this is a good starting point to have amp like sound with only one device

• They also have a software driven cabinet simulator that can be inserted after the le-clean as an upgrade down the line (if needed)

• The preamp is 2 channel and it can be selected through MIDI commands

• both channels are true tube circuitry!

I also looked at the https://www.effectrode.com/products/effects-pedals/blackbird-vacuum-tube-preamp/ but the price is a bit more than I was willing to dish out at this time. I would also need more hardware to get the cabinet emulation and DI to the mixer. If you have the cash though this is an awesome unit. It is also 2 channel and there is a channel select jack that you could wire into the relays on the G...

• September 23, 2019
  • jackftce
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-18

Using my Hypergravity Mini seems to increase feedback through PA with both Fender and Taylor A/E guitars. Is there a toneprint download that can help minimize this?

0 149
  • Robert_Dusemund
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-12

Hi ya all!

I wonder if I have a Critical Mass Stomp box behind a HarmonySinger pedal, and what effect it will have. Usually you sing directly into the CM pedal and get a unison choir. Can CM turn a three-part, three-man choir (from the HarmonySinger) into a 3-part mass choir? Or will come out in the end only vocal mud? Or more simple: Can Critical Mass handle harmonized voices or only single ones.

hopefully Robert

read more...
    0 225
    • Robert_Dusemund
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Robert_Dusemund,
      I just tried running a Harmony Singer 2 into a Critical Mass and I gotta I'm surprised it sounded as good as it did.  I was fully expecting vocal mud but the Critical Mass seems to handle 3-part harmony without a problem, it actually did sound like a choir.  I guess in hindsight it kind of makes sense, since there's no interpretation going on in Critical Mass - it only adds unison and octave voices.  To me the first 4 "Melodic" settings on the Critical Mass sounded best, but that'll probably be subjective.  One tip if you do decide to try this out, have Tone active only on the Harmony Singer and not on the Critical Mass, Tone only needs one instance in a signal chain and it works best at the front of the chain.  Anyways, great idea and I'm impressed with the results.  If you're still on the fence feel free to share some test audio (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and I could record what it sounds like through the two pedals.  Cheers!

• October 1, 2019
  • RonAlonso
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-10

I have filled out many technical service requests to have my Perform V repaired

I have not recieved one response 

I went out and purchased another one   .... but i still want this one repaired .

any suggestions ?  

read more...
    0 272
    • RonAlonso
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RonAlonso,
      My only suggestions are to please remain patient and also keep an eye on your email's spam/junk folder.  Unfortunately due to a recent move resulting in downtime, our support department is still playing catchup with service requests and have quite the queue to work through - I've heard of some users having to wait a couple weeks for a reply.  So as long as they don't think you're a bot spamming the same request, they will reply to you eventually.  Good luck!

• September 18, 2019
    • RonAlonso
      RonAlonso

Spencer,

I dont know how patient I can be 

its been months since i requested a warranty repair

and still no response from anyone but you

my unit will most likely fall out of warranty when I am contacted 

is that the plan ?   can you help me ? 

• October 1, 2019
    • RonAlonso
      TC-Mike

Hi Ron,

very sorry to hear this. We are sitting in different part of the world, but i can reach out to our care team and check status.  Can you write me one of your support ticket numbers you got for your submitted support requests? 

Best regards,

Mike

• October 3, 2019
  • CaryCme
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-04

My question is:

With Mono Input, will Stereo output be enabled and function as so? In otherwords, can stereo output go to 2 different sources (i.e. 2 different channels or amps)?

Helix Phaser and Corona Chorus to be specific.

read more...
    0 146
    • CaryCme
      TC-Mike

Yes, the toenprint pedals jack connectors  all have jack sensing,so  if you use mono in, stereo out, the output will be stereo and can be send to 2 amps.

Best regards,

Mike

• September 23, 2019
Go to page