Statistics

285,459 members
167,433 posts
  • Inspector71
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-13

So I "have" a Nova System and a Nova Drive.  I always look to see if they will come up with a Gen 2 version but I gave that idea up a while ago.

I leave my main gear at the drummer's house. 

Come to find during covid, his cats used my pedalboard as a pissbox.  Long story short. I am in the market for new gear or get parts if possible.

The plethora has caught my eye since I tend to be brand loyal.  I personally don't like the idea of digital distortion and I know analog always is a selling point.  I do have a Boss Katana I get by with during covid but it does'nt come close to my stereo Nova System rig w/ ping pong delay (RIP) into two Peavey Delta Blues 1x15 amps.

The Nova Drive seems to be a good concept for a new product.

I propose they pair the Plethora w/ a new analog midi controlled pedal with presets that has dual external cart slots w/ any extra needed mini pots attached.  Foxrox has/had? something similar with the cards.  It would have to be smart (cart recognition) and could tone print as well.  I am thinking like kemper profiling with the analog slots.  You can have an analog only version as the base model. OR! have a profiling cart!

Forgive me I have been out of the game of gear for a while so sorry if there is something similar already discussed.

What do you guys think?

read more...
    1 166
    • Inspector71
      Inspector71 I do see some security holes overall. Maybe just the toneprint board and not a profiler to go with the analog boards.
      • August 13, 2020
    • Inspector71
      Inspector71 I just came up with another idea. With all of the possibilities, it would be like an expansion. Like an option between one Plethora and ganging two together (Next Gen G-sytem?). Well you would need it anyway for the analog bit. All I want for Christmas..
      • August 13, 2020
    • Inspector71
      NicJonesMT Thanks for getting in Touch Inspector.
      I will drop this over to the Innovations and development team.
      • August 13, 2020
      • I have a great idea to pair with the Plethora X5
        Inspector71 I just made some prelim drawings. I noticed a collaboration section under construction. Is this kind of idea for the collaboration section?
        • ·
        • August 13, 2020
        NicJonesMT Hi.
        Yes, that is the idea for the Collaborate area, for users to submit product ideas and feature requests.
        For now though I've passed on to the Development team.
        • ·
        • August 14, 2020
        TC-Mike Hi Inspector, thx for the feedback. I'll pass it on to the team!
        • ·
        • August 27, 2020
  • Aracnispyder
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-12

Is there any documentation available, with Midi Exclusive commands and numbers, so that I can use a Morningstar MC6-II or Morningstar MC8 to send Midi Commands to the Plethora X5 in a pedalboard type setup??

0 93
    • Aracnispyder
      PedroRodrigues Hi John, unfortunately we don not,all the available documents for the Plethora X5 are on the product's page under documents, for that please follow the this link : https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D9M
      • August 12, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder What about midi CCs for selecting board #, board up, board down, Midi Channel select???? Specific Board #??
      • August 12, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      RawkBob https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/27742/306977/plethora-x5-midi
      • August 12, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      PedroRodrigues Hi John Eldredge that is correct what RawBob mention by posting the link below where you will find one of colleagues mentioning that the current CC implementation is simply foot-switch control.
      102-106 correspond to foot-switch 1-5
      We are effectively adding expanded CC control on a firmware that is being developed.
      • August 12, 2020
  • viclennard
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-12

Tried creating a support ticket but when I selected 'TC Electronic', no models appear. Hoping someone can help.

One of the encoders has gone on my G-System. I've got spare parts but I need to know how to separate the footswitch from the encoder. Can anyone advise?

Tx, Vic

read more...
    0 56
    • viclennard
      NicJonesMT Sorry for the delay in contacting you.
      Unfortunately we do not provide any support or assistance with self service repairs.
      What I would recommend is contacting one of our international FASCs (Field approved service centre) or distributor and they may be able to assist further.
      Please be aware that it is at the FASCs discretion as to whether they choose to assist you.

You can find a list of our international partners and service centres at the following link;

https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html
      • August 13, 2020
  • AlanCraigie
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-08

Can anyone help me understand the guitar eq on vl3x in a simple way.?

0 110
    • AlanCraigie
      PetGerbil I can try,But i can't guarantee that it will be legible in a 1cm high reply box..:). Imagine the VL3 Is a guitar amp. Every eq setting marked "Pre" Is affecting the tone of this amp. Every eq setting named "Post" is like the eq section on a mixer that the amp is plugged into. ie. you've set your sound to how you like it, got to the gig and realised it's a bit bassy. So you turn the bass down in the "post" section.("post" being "after the amp," "pre" being before the amp.) The "Low","Mid" and "High" Gain settings are basically "Bass","Middle" and "Treble" volumes. (setting the gain to zero means "off" "Low gain" all the way up is Bass boosted to the max,all the way down is cut.) The "Low frequency" is what frequency of the Bass gets boosted by the "Low gain" The "Bandwith" setting is how many frequencies either side of the "Low frequency" get taken along for the ride when boosted (or cut). That's basically it,... (clear as mud. heh.) The long and short of it is, only use the "pre" settings to get your sound and set "LOW","MID" and "HIGH POST GAIN" to 0db. (off) and use the "Post" stuff as a tweak when ready. (remember 0db is off. Remember to increase or decrease "post gain" When you finally use it,otherwise you'll be altering frequencies and be wondering why nothings happening.). ...Now,let's see what a mess of the formatting this website has made of my post...
      • August 9, 2020
    • AlanCraigie
      PetGerbil So, has this site given up on ways to make answers legible then ? Sure would be nice to not have a Wall of text with no formatting in my answer...good luck deciphering that :/
      • August 9, 2020
    • AlanCraigie
      PetGerbil Another use for "Post Eq" is when you've boosted a lot of "Pre Eq" and now it's just too darn loud. "Post Eq" lets you tame it.
      • August 9, 2020
    • AlanCraigie
      AlanCraigie Thx Pat for your response. Are you saying the pre eq is like the treb mid bass on a Fender amp? I was thinking the post was like the controls on a fender amp. Someone said that if you want to keep it simple just use one of these parameters like say just the post or just the pre. ?????
      • August 9, 2020
    • AlanCraigie
      PetGerbil kinda...:D Imagine the treble,mid and bass on a Fender amp. Now take the output from that amp and plug it into another Fender amp. The first amp would be the pre-eq, the second would be the post eq. They're both the same just where they are in the signal chain is different. But the important thing is to set the second ones eq to off(Low,Mid and High Post Gain=0) and then get your sound with the first one. So, yes. To keep it simple. only use the "Pre-eq" and simpler still, "Low Pre Gain" is Bass. "Mid Pre Gain" is middle and "High pre Gain" is Treble.
      • August 10, 2020
  • Aracnispyder
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-06

I have noticed that while operating the X5 that during a live gig type situation, I turn off Effect One, on Board One which was originally on when I powered the unit.  I switch to Board Two on the unit live, then switch Back to Board One, expecting it to be in it's original power on state, and it retained the fact that I turned Effect One off.  Is there any way to set the Plethora X5 to go back to default state, just like any other pedal board on the market, unless you overwrite the patch location???

read more...
    0 84
    • Aracnispyder
      TC-Mike the boards will always remember the last "bypass" state of an effect slot. Since the bypass function can be remote controlled with Midi cc 102 to 106 in 1.1.52 firmware, you can use a midi controller that supports sending multiple messages at once and create bypass templates that can be recalled like scenes with 1 contoller
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder So basically, there is no way to have a snapshot of the original preset (board), which can be recalled, like for a specific song, with certain effects on at start of song, just by changing board #s via midi control. Then you move to the next song with a different board # via midi, repeat said song one later, via call up from midi, and the board remains in the state of last use??
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder Seems like the board would be more viable if you could recall the same setup night after night without reloading the board from a computer every time. You should incorporate a save change feature in the firmware to allow the user to permanently change the state of the board, not allow it to be in an access by change state of flux.
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      TC-Mike it behave like a physical pedalboard . Youi can duplicate a board to a neigbouring location as well asa workaround
      • August 6, 2020
    • Aracnispyder
      Aracnispyder It seems to me, that with all the memory in this unit, 127 boards, 75 toneprints stored per pedal, and on each board, the order of the pedals, and how they are set up, it should be able to recall the status of the pedal, on-off, with a recall. Love the tone I'm getting out of the unit, but saving the status to a different location doesn't seem like a solution.
      • August 12, 2020
  • lewiszielsdorf
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-04

Is this tech support?

0 156
    • lewiszielsdorf
      Paul_Vannatto No this is the forum. If you need tech support, select Support above and submit a support ticket.
      • August 3, 2020
  • dreyoung67
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-03

I'm looking for a service manual for download to the db max II by Tc Electronic. Please send to: [email protected]        Thank you.

0 175
  • DavidStewart
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-03

Is the 60 minutes referred to in the promo for the Ditto+ looper total, complete, all-on-board loop time, or is it the amount of loop time per numbered saved loop? I.e., there's 60 minutes per saved loop?

If it's 60 minutes total, that's great for a looper. If it's 60 per loop, well, that's even better. But 60 minutes total isn't that great for one of the uses, i.e. as a backing track player, because that might be 15 to 20 songs.

read more...
    0 64
  • MarkGlass
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    Now if they will make the New Ditto+ in a stereo version that would be the ultimate. I run my pedalboard in stereo most of the time and like to have the looper at the end of the chain. Please, are you listening? Stereo Ditto+!!!
    0 131
    • MarkGlass
      TC-Mike thanks for the feedback. i'll pass it on to the team. P.s. You have been customer number 6 who asked us just withing the last week :-)
      • July 20, 2020
    • MarkGlass
      tomtetom A new Ditto+ X2 stereo would be great.
      • July 20, 2020
    • MarkGlass
      mfilos Just registered to ask the same question! Glad I'm not the one feeling excited in case a new Ditto+ Stereo appears :D
      • July 26, 2020
  • LlijWarren
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-18
    I received the Plethora X5 yesterday. After plugging it in with the included power supply and also plugging the USB cable into my Mac computer, the unit does nothing but flash its lights continuously with no start up. Please let me know how to start this unit up. thank you!
    read more...
    0 455
    • LlijWarren
      Nigel67 Have you downloaded the Toneprint Editor software from the TC website. i have put the link below. The Plethora X5 will then connect to this and will probably require upgrading.
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CLC
      • July 19, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      LlijWarren Hi Nigel. Yes, I downloaded the Toneprint Editor to see if it would help but unfortunately none of my computer, Both Macs, even recognize the Plethora X5. The Editor doesn't see it and it never comes up on my home screen as a device or drive. The unit just continues to flash white lights across the board. Do you have any other ideas?
      • July 19, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      TC-Mike if the unit cannot boot the app won't recognize it. Can you Please try to update the firmware by downloading the latest 1.1 firmware .bin file from the tc website and let us know if this fixes the issue?
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0D9M#

To update the firmware of your Plethora just connect it via USB cable, so it pops up as a disk drive on your mac and then drag and drop the downloaded firmware .bin file into the Plethora folder. Now disconnect/eject USB connection and power cycle your pedal to start the update..
      • July 20, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      LlijWarren Hi Mike. Thank you for the response. But as I mentioned in my reply to Nigel, none of my computers even see the Plethora as a drive on the desktop or anywhere else. I had already tried downloading the latest firmware but I can't do anything with it if the computer doesn't see the Plethora in order for me to update it.
      • July 20, 2020
      • Plethora X5 startup
        Nigel67 I think the unit is faulty to be honest with you, possibly the power supply as the LEDs continuously flash. I would have thought that if it was working correctly then one of your computers would also have seen it in their USB settings. I would advise contacting the shop that you purchased the unit from and asking for a replacement.
        • July 20, 2020
    • LlijWarren
      LlijWarren Yes. I have three other TC electronic products and I also tried using their power supply's in case the one that was sent with the Plethora was faulty, and I tried a different USB cable that I had just in case the supplied USB cable was faulty, but none of this worked.
      • July 20, 2020
Go to page