Statistics

290,107 members
172,699 posts
  • TCsucks1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-30

I just got the Flashback 2. I programmed and stored a TonePrint but have found that if I leave the TonePrint to use a different delay type, when I go back to my stored TonePrint the settings are off because it now responds to where the knobs are physically set based on tweaking I did on the other delay type.

Hopefully I'm doing something wrong because I was under the impression that stored TonePrints were like presets in that, once selected, would recall ALL programmed settings regardless of where the knobs are physically set.

read more...
    0 85
    • TCsucks1
      Nigel67 The potentiometer (knob) values are not part of the Toneprint. They are mapped, however the the current parameter value/position of the toneprint that you have loaded in is not. The position that the pots are set to is what they will operate at.
      • September 2, 2020
      • Flashback 2 TonePrint problem
        Gegatso I'm having basically the same issue. New Flashback 2, using a Mac, Catalina 10.15.7. I made and saved a toneprint at my computer. Went to the amp and plugged up. Played around with some settings while NOT on bank 3 where my toneprint was saved. I went to use my pattern and It was still playing the pattern set by the dials. Am I doing something wrong? It seems too easy, but sometimes simplicity is when the problems creep in. Remember that it is my first day with the pedal, but I followed every step and it all seemed to work. The software showed all my settings right where I had the knobs set for my perfect sound. Much thanks in advance!
        • November 8, 2020
  • Jaymac
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-29

Can someone help with Finalizer question?

1 102
    • Jaymac
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jaymac of course we can, how can I help you with the Finalizer? I will leave you the dedicated pager for everything related to the Finalizer https://finalizer.com/
      • August 30, 2020
    • Jaymac
      Jaymac Do you have an email I can contact you?
      • August 31, 2020
      • TC e dealer question
        PedroRodrigues Hi Jaymac please follow the link below and submit any question you may have via our MUSIC TRIBE COMMUNITY https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
        • ·
        • August 31, 2020
  • RennySchweiger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-28

I have a VL3 set up with a BeatBuddy, where the BB is supplying MIDI tempo, and this is working correctly. I can create new loops while the BB is playing, and these loops are sync'd correctly with the tempo and have precisely the correct length. So far so good.

I also have a VL3 preset with a prerecorded Loop assigned to it, and in this example we'll say the Loop was recorded at 100 BPM, again while under the BB MIDI tempo control. When I play back this prerecorded loop to a same BB song set to 100 BPM, the Loop is exactly the correct length because it was recorded at that same tempo, HOWEVER, when the loop starts is entirely dependent on the precise time I press the VL3 footswitch (assigned to start the loop). What I'd like to be able to do is to start the Loop and have it sync (or snap) to the BB's MIDI, so that if my footswitch click is off by a fraction of a beat, it syncs up correctly (kind of like when you record a loop and/or overdub in the first place). Is this possible? I don't see any settings or any way otherwise to do this, so I'm dependent on my accuracy of pressing the footswitch. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Renny

read more...
    0 61
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, so we can assist you with more tools please submit an assistance request via https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
      • September 1, 2020
  • avantronica
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-27

It concerns the true stereo signal path through the hardware and specific effects .. This is a prospective buyer's question, I understand it would be simple to answer if i had the hardware in front of me. There's no info via google on this that i could find.

You can't run the toneprint app without the gear, so there was no way to look inside for clues

I'll break it down into a few sub questions

1) Send/Return FX Loop, this appears to be Mono, that much seems confirmed and would be most likely, however is there any possibility that the hardware i/o for the loop is secretly running on TRS sockets such that the loop could potentially be configured as stereo in time ?

2) The path through external mono stomp boxes is obviously summed stereo (assuming a stereo signal ahead of the FX Loop slot - i guess it's a simple series connection, so all stereo panning is lost, i.e. there's no sense that the Loop can be sent a portion of the pre-loop stereo signal and that the rest is passed through - exactly as would happen on a stereo mixer channel with the send level - i assume 100% send only, but want to confirm .. ?

3) The FX Loop may indeed sum to mono when engaged, does it still do this when the loaded 'effect' is off or does its bypass mode revert to stereo as one would reasonably expect, just want confirmation ?

4) There are pedals whose toneprints that are available which are physically mono and some which are physically stereo i/o compatible

Are there any Toneprint pedals which do not preserve hard panned L/R signals - in this scenario i am not enquiring about a reverb which may diffuse the signal across the stereo field and blur the pan, i mean are there any toneprint models where the first step is summing to mono, or put another way, has the Plethora X5 the capability to take , hypothetically for now, let's say a drive (yes, there's none as yet) and run two instances for L/R so that the panned signal is preserved and driven ?

What's the list of 100& Mono only effect models ?

5) As a subset of that, are there e.g. reverb models which explicitly preserve the stereo space, say for when a user was running two mono instruments to two amps, can you potentially avoid bleed with any algorithms, the same question with Delay too ? Any dual processing or separate path algorithms from those stereo pedals ?

6) Are any of the Delay modes Mono only .. e.g. I use the Boss DD20 in a stereo i/o config and there are a few algorithms which are simply summed to mono, whereas some maintain (more of) the stereo width . . so, as someone who favours a specific flavour of delay, e.g. a Tape emulation, do you sacrifice stereo in that or other models 

Which are most/least stereo 'compatible/friendly' ?

7) Not a stereo question as such, but wrt the inputs, and to contextualise the questions - i am historically a guitar player, but i would say that a good chunk of the time i am utilising stereo paths/effects as well as running predominantly mono  - so the stereo questions would still apply to me, however, i spend maybe half my music time using synthesiser/drum-machines etc and the main driver i have for enquiring about the X5 is for that gear. Most of it is running fairly hot, certainly above typical line levels and generally below a modular signal level - now it's clear that the device was demoed by TC with a synth or two but was that requiring attenuation .. anyway, the question is, for lack of any declared detailed specs what levels are tolerated before you get issues (i.e. in dBu etc) 

8) and as a corollary to that is the input sensitivity adjustable on the hardware as a nod to the fact that the unit may be used by either guitarists or e.g. synthesists ? i.e. is this really conceived foremost as a pedal for guitarists ?

I'll ask some other questions in a separate topic, this one's long enough

Thanks for reading, detail is everything if replying, so thanks for that in advance

read more...
    0 258
    • avantronica
      avantronica It may be useful to reply to this still, but failing any reply here to clarify basic specs i have opted for another product so i am no longer in the market for this presently - such details do matter
      • September 4, 2020
      • Plethora X5 and the Stereo signal path
        NicJonesMT Hi Avantronica,
        Sorry for the delay in contacting you.

Please be aware that as we are working remotely I dont have access to a Plethora to check these, but I have passed your information on to the Development team and as soon as I get a response I will post on here.

Some information that has been provided by the team is as follows;

With regard to the 8th question, input sensitivity cannot be adjusted for the Plethora's inputs, but Plethora's converter (like our TP pedals too) are quite robust over for LINE level signals and i use my Plethora mainly with synths.

As above when the team are able to provide the additional information you require I will post this to you.
        • September 8, 2020
  • dpnelson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-08-25

Just got the X5 and love it. Can't wait for a looper and phaser. Are there any wah-sounding filtering available on it?

A few questions:

1. I am having trouble understanding how to use the Toneprint editor. I have it on my Macbook and my iPhone. It has the basic templates, but I can't figure out how to access their settings and modify parameters. Does it need to be connected to the pedal to edit it?
    2. If I find a Toneprint template I like on a pedal that isn't in the plethora, say the Flashback 4x or even the Helix, can I use it in the Plethora? Or do I need to just use the prints that are in the pedal options under the Plethora library?
    3. Under the delay templates, there are a few that are named with "4+8." Is the period at the end meaning a dotted eighth note, meaning it's a quarter note with a dotted eighth note as well? Stereo? Maybe the quarter going left and the dotted eighth going right? If not, how do I get such a thing. My favorite delay setting on any pedal I ever had was the dotted eighth on the Nova Delay (I was disappointed it wasn't on the Nova System).

Finally, I play classic country-blues sounding American rock and some funk. Do you have any artists that go in that direction (as opposed to metal or ambient)? If so, can you recommend some tone print artists?

read more...
    1 308
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Also, I have a newer Macbook with USB C. I can't connect my Plethroa. I tried to connect using Bluetooth (like I can on my phone), but that doesn't work. I guess I need an adaptor?
      • August 24, 2020
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Global Tempo. It would be nice to be able to have my modulation in time with my delay. I liked that on the Nova System. Any way to get that here? I liked the division system. So if the beat is in 4, and the delay is in 4, I could have a dotted eighth note tremolo inside that, at the same tempo. Or vice versa. Same with phaser (once it comes in).
      • August 25, 2020
    • dpnelson
      snaarman I'm using a Pixel phone with USB C and it will connect to the Plethora. In my case I have a charger/mem stick adapter in line with the phone, and the plethora connects from an old style USB A.
      • August 25, 2020
    • dpnelson
      KensukeFujita Hi dpnelson,

I answer your question.

1. There are two ways to use TonePrint Editor.
      The method using Bluetooth and the method using USB.

-To connect via Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth on your devicew which connect and press SETTINGS>GROBAL>BLUETOOTH>CONNECT on Plethora.
      After that, open TonePrint App, press the gear mark on the upper right, press Connect to a bluetooth enable pedal, and select the corresponding device.
      This completes the connection and allows you to use countless Artist TonePrint and TonePrint Templates.

-To connect via USB, connect Plethora to PC/Mac via USB and open TonePrint Editor.
      If it is connected successfully, Plethora in TonePrint Editor will be highlighted with a blue frame.
      In this case, please update Plethora's firmware to the latest version and download and use the new version of TonePrint Editor.

Once you can connect to ToenPrint Editor, you can edit the detailed parameters by selecting Plethora from Template, selecting the desired Template of the effect you want to use, and selecting the pencil mark in the upper right.

Here's a quick tutorial video for using toneprints...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJelHAoGTII&t=337s

2. Of course you can use it. Some TonePrints may not work with Plethora at now, but basically most artist tone prints work with Plethora.Please take a look at the TonePrint App.

3. Yes, “8.” means a dotted eighth note. When using the “4+8.” template, if it is Mono connection, both subdivision delays will be mixed and output as “Dual Delay”.
      If you connect a cable to the STEREO output, the first subdivision (quarter note in this case) will be output from STEREO, and the dotted octave delay will be output from the MONO side. This of course can be adjusted with your favorite settings using TonePrint Editor.

We cannot guide you to a specific TonePrints because TonePrint has many personal favorite for each people, but please check Artist TonePrint of TonePrint App.
      You may have your favorite artist on the list.

Hope this helps

Best
      Ken
      • August 25, 2020
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        dpnelson I can't get any of the Helix toneprints onto my Plethora. It seems like I can just do the ones for the pedals on the Plethora.

What is the difference between choosing "Insert FX Loop" as one of the pedals vs. assigning the "FX loop insert" on the board settings? If it's the same thing, why would I choose to take up one of the five slots as the insert point when I can just insert between?

Global tap tempo. Can I sync my delay with my tremolo (and other mod FX)? I could do it on the Nova System, it'd be nice to do it here.
        • August 26, 2020
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        KensukeFujita Hi dpnelson,

Thanks for your reply.
        Please see the answer below.

1. Unfortunately, Currently FW ver.1.1.52 not include Helix Phaser, so You can't load these TonePrints.
        But next update ver.1.2 will include Helix Phaser and Viscous Vibe and It will be available soon.
        please join Plethora X5 FB group for more 1.2 Beta related info.

2. Insert FX loop and FX Loop Insert has different fertures.

-Using Insert FX Loop is surcrificed one of FX slot but you can ON and OFF FX loop via footswitch if you like.
        This is so useful when you use one or two pedal in FX loop because you can ON or OFF in FX loop pedal via Plethora's footswitch.

-Using FX Loop Insert doesn't surcrificed any FX slot and you can use FX Loop between each FX slot if you like. However You can't ON and OFF FX Loop via footswitch in Plethora.You need to turn off or on each Drive Pedal(or something) in the FX loop depending on the situation.
        This useful any situation if you using a lot of pedals in FX Loop and you want to select and on/off each pedal.
        and also this useful when you using Plethora for 4 cable method.

3. Unfortunately, Pleathora not has grobal Tap tempo at the moment.
        however I will be passing this request to our Dev team.

All the Best
        Ken
        • August 26, 2020
  • Placebofx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-24

Here is what I have tried to set up. However it appears that everything goes into the effects loop and the input is closed.

read more...
    0 1,505
    • Placebofx
      Nigel67 Hi, hopefully following this link below to a KB article will answer your question.
      https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/article/KA-02673
      • August 25, 2020
  • RennySchweiger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-23

I created a Preset (call it #2) to be used as a Step 2/2 on Preset #1. (It was originally a copy of Preset #1 and I made significant Harmony and other settings to it.) I have successfully copied #2 as a step to #1 and all is well. I can also edit and save changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1. And because I made changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1 as I was tweaking, it is now a bit different from Preset #2. So Preset #1 with my two Steps is all set. 

Here's the question: Can I safely delete Preset #2 (not that it is no longer needed) without affecting Step 2/2 in Preset #1?  I'm afraid to try! I don't want to mess up my Step 2/2 I worked so hard on.... 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. 

read more...
    0 107
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, yes you can, the factory presets are stored permanently within the device, even if you've overwritten them with custom presets. The custom presets are stored in a different location and applied "over" the factory presets when you save them.

When you delete a factory, or custom preset, leaving the space "blank" within VoiceSupport, the unit automatically re-populates that spot with the factory preset.
      You can also use Mix Knob 4 to select the Preset number where the current Preset will be stored.
      If you want to save the Preset where it currently is, do not change this value.
      If you would like to save the Preset to another location, change “Store To” to another number.
      The name of the selected Preset slot will be displayed in the upper part of the screen.
      Using Store To is handy when you would like to make several Presets with similar sounds.
      You can create a “master” Preset and store it so a few different locations using Store To.
      You can then edit those copies further if you wish.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks for the reply Pedro. My apologies for not being more clear, but you missed the essence of the question. I only used the generic names Preset "#1" and "#2" to mean two presets in general. I my specific case they are both user presets, not factory presets.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger The question still stands -- if I create a (new user) preset (B) and copy it AS A STEP to another user preset (A), can I delete the preset (B) used for the step? Will the preset (A) now with two steps in it remain intact if I overwrite or delete the user preset (B)?
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger ,please be aware that on the VL3x copying a preset, whether its to a new user preset or a step in another preset it does not retain any ties to the old preset. It does not act like an alias. So modifying the original will not change the new preset/step.
      • August 25, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks Pedro, it worked. I deleted the no-longer-needed user preset and the Preset with the Step is still intact. Also FYI thsi is on my VL3 (i.e., not a VL3x).
      • August 26, 2020
  • killerguitar386
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-18

Hello, I cannot seem to get my Clarity M Stereo to sync over AES. I have gotten to work as a plug-in wiht ProTools at all sample rates, but it just refuses to sync with my SSL L300. The Sync Lock Flashes Red and Green, and in the system menu it says 44.1kHz when it flashes green. It does not seem to detect audio. My L300 is clocked at 96kHz, and I just don't know what to do!

read more...
    0 84
    • killerguitar386
      KyleJohnson Hi there, Kyle here with Music Tribe. A couple of things to check here. 1. How long is the cable you are using, at 96k the cable length can become an issue. Also make sure it is 1 direct connection from the output of your L300 to the Adapter>D-SUB. 2. Are you able to clock your L300 at 48k and see if you get Sync that way? 3. Have you tested with different cables and adapters? 4. In the SYS menu, make sure USB Mode is set to Disk Drive and the Input setting is set to AES1.
      • August 18, 2020
      • Clarity M Stereo Not Syncing over AES
        killerguitar386 Hey Kyle! 1) I am using the breakout cable with the provided BNC to XLR adapter straight into the console's AES 1/2 output. 2) I am not able to switch to 48K because of the setup 3) I don't have any other cables or adapters. 4) It is definitely set to AES1 and Disk Drive
        • August 18, 2020
        KyleJohnson That is unusual. Okay. Can you please submit a Tech support ticket by clicking the Support button at the top of the page? It will be easier to troubleshoot this via email. Please submit a case and write ATTN: Kyle in the subject or description line so that it gets to me asap.
        • August 18, 2020
        killerguitar386 Cool, I submitted one now! I appreciate the help and quick responses.
        • ·
        • August 18, 2020
  • Spaceman21489
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-18

I am having a heck of a time with my VL3? I've got the basics down but I'm having trouble with one last thing. The way I have it mapped is so I can hit "harmony" and "double" from the main screen but then to get my lead guitar tone (different than my rhythm sound) I've got a HIT button that I press but the problem is the "tone" stays the same (delay and drive DO change; that's ok). In other words, I want two different "AMP" modelings for my guitar but I need it on one screen (for instance "1 New Harmony). Thanks.

read more...
    0 48
    • Spaceman21489
      TCH-Rob Hi @Spaceman21489 ! To change effect settings or "styles" (such as amp models, reverb type, etc.) you'll need to use the steps function on VL3. Steps are separate presets that are stored within each preset and allow you to cycle through those instead of using the hit control. For more info on Steps head to page 45 of the VL3 reference manual. Please let me know if you have any further questions! :)
      • August 18, 2020
    • Spaceman21489
      Spaceman21489 Thank you! I will give it a shot.
      • August 18, 2020
  • keno
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-17

hola amigos, queri preguntarles si existe el toneprint editor para pedales tc electronic antiguos, yo tengo un flashback delay de los primeros y no puedo descargar en mi mac con osx 10.9 maverik.

alguien sabe de esto?.

gracias

read more...
    0 67
    • keno
      PedroRodrigues Hola Keno Lamentablemente no los tenemos disponibles porque los acuerdos de desarrollo de software para la tienda Apple y Google Play nos obligan a tener el software actualizado y eliminar los antiguos y solo hacer que el software esté disponible exclusivamente en estas plataformas.
      • August 17, 2020
    • keno
      keno ooo bueno entiendo, estoy un poco anticuado con mi sistema, agradezco la ayuda. saludos cordiales.
      • August 18, 2020
Go to page