Statistics

299,155 members
182,868 posts
  • New
    LeoCameron
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-25

MY Vl3X will not communicate with voice support 2. The cable is good as I use it with my other VL3X

0 23
    • LeoCameron
      PedroRodrigues Hi LeoCameron,thank you for your post,the VoiceSupport application can run into trouble connecting to your TC-H device, usually due to system settings on the computer itself. While we can't account for every system configuration, there are some steps that can help VoiceSupport to properly interact with your device. If you've connected your device and started VoiceSupport, but can't communicate with the unit, click on the H logo in the bottom left of your screen. Click Manage and then Show Devices. If you can see your device in the list, but it says something like "not a TC-H device" or "not connected", your computer is able to "see" the unit, but VoiceSupport can't communicate with it.
      If your device status is "In Use" refer to this FAQ.
      There are several steps you can take if your product is not recognized by VoiceSupport.
      1. Make sure that you are running the latest VoiceSupport
      2. Confirm you have an internet connection. You can confirm this by clicking on one of the posts and confirming that it loads into the Content Window. An internet connection is required to have the latest updates that may be necessary to connect to your device.
      3. Try re-scanning by pressing the Control Button, then select manage, then click Scan for Devices.
      4. If your device still isn't recognized press the Control Button, then select manage, then click Show MIDI Devices. If the product is in the list, try restarting VoiceSupport.
      5. Try running VoiceSupport as an Administrator (Windows only). Close VoiceSupport. Right Click on the VoiceSupport Icon. Click "Run as Administrator" from the menu. You may have to accept a UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
      6. If #5 solves your issue, you can permanently force VoiceSupport to run with Administrator privileges. Right Click the VoiceSupport Icon. Click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab. Select "Run Program as an Administrator". Click Apply.
      7. If your device is not in the list, navigate into your Operating System to find what devices are connected. If your device is not connected, try disconnecting power and USB to the device, and then reconnecting.
      8. It's also a good idea to have the latest OS updates.
      9. Remove as many USB devices from your system as possible and connect the device directly to a USB port, not a hub.
      10. If you are using USB ports on the front of your computer, try the ones on the back (desktop systems), since they are on a different internal USB hub.
      11. Try uninstalling the device via your Device Manager (System Properties --> Device Manager). It should be listed under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers". Reboot your system and re-attach the device.
      12. Ensure that "USB Control" is turned ON (VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Rack). See your manual for details.
      13. Ensure that SYSEXID is set to "0". (VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Rack). See your manual for details.
      14. Ensure that USB MIDI is enabled on your device. Some devices have options like USB/MIDI/MERGE in their setup menus (check your manual). MERGE and USB should both work, but in some cases USB will function while MERGE will not.
      15. Shut down any DAW software or other devices/components using MIDI. Some systems "grab" the TC-H device and take exclusive control over it's I/O before VoiceSupport has a chance to connect.
      16. Restart your computer. Yes, we know "have you tried turning it off and then on again" seems silly, but it often works!
      17. Change the connection/startup order. After rebooting your computer, try opening VoiceSupport then connect your device. If that doesn't work, reboot and connect your device, then open VoiceSupport.
      PC Specific issues
      1. Enable the device in Windows . New audio devices, for some mysterious Microsoft reason, are disabled when first connected to the computer. To enable your device go to: Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound--> Manage Audio Devices. Click the Playback tab. If you see your TC-H device, but it's translucent, click on the device and then choose Enable from the drop down menu at the bottom of the box. Do the same for the Record tab.
      2. If you've tried the step above, but your device isn't shown in the Playback or Recording tab, right click in the window and make sure that "Show Disabled Devices" is checked.
      MAC Specific issues
      1. Macs seem more sensitive to #15 above than PC's. Ensure you've tried that step.
      2. Try repairing both file and disk permissions http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963
      https://youtu.be/bb89sJztrOM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb89sJztrOM (video guide)
      • Mar 4
  • New
    mholder307
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-16

I need the main  Knob for the TC Hellicon Vocal live 3 replaced 

0 17
    • mholder307
      OJPAPS the goxlr app and software is so glitchy and buggy when it works its all static like and then it wont work at all when i update it all the way like the driver doesn't work so gimmicky what is this device going back to my old one thanks but no thanks
      • Feb 16
      • I need the main  Knob for the TC Hellicon Vocal live 3
        PedroRodrigues Hi OJPAPS, I would first suggest that when you need to post any questions you must do it on a new post and not on another user's post.
        • Feb 18
        PedroRodrigues Hi OJPAPS I would suggest to update your BIOS and your Motherboard drivers and please confirm that you are connecting your unit directly to a computer via USB 2.0 PORT. It is also important to confirm that you have installed the latest drivers and the latest GOXLR APP version present on the link below : https://www.tc-helicon.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CQK
        • Feb 18
        PedroRodrigues If after you have follow my advise above and you still have the same issues, please install GOXLR APP version 1.3.3.130 present on the link below : https://www.tc-helicon.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CQK Thank you
        • Feb 18
    • mholder307
      PedroRodrigues Hi mholder307, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest to follow the link below to request assistance directly to our Spare Parts Department: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=spare%20parts&brand=TCHelicon Thank you
      • Feb 18
  • New
    DavidDelemont
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-17

Hello, someone would be kind enough to explain to me how I use my VL3X with my DAW via USB or MIDI (I don't know how it really is). I have a track with a dry voice and I want to give it some effects (especially the harmony) of my VL3X.
    At the moment I am using Cakewalk by Bandlab which is the same as any SONAR.
    Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 277
    • DavidDelemont
      PedroRodrigues Hi DavidDelemont Please be aware that VoiceLive 3 Extreme must be on the latest Firmware version.
      If you haven’t already, please use our VoiceSupport 2 application to update your VL3 to the latest available firmware.
      A USB audio connection is established through the USB-mini port in the back of your VoiceLive 3 connect that to your computer using the included USB cable, same as you would for a firmware update. User-added image. USB audio in VoiceLive 3 only supports 2 channels
      This means you unfortunately cannot do crazy multitracking with simultaneous separated auxiliary, backing track, stereo vocal, and stereo guitar channels. But we have included multiple modes for different uses to make the most of these 2 channels.
      There are three different input modes for VoiceLive 3 to receive USB audio from your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Input tab under the USB Mode parameter:

STEREO USB audio from your computer is received with its panning intact, as a stereo signal. Incoming USB audio competes with the backing track player (Extreme only), and levels can be edited in the VoiceLive 3's "Mix" menu. USB output back to your computer is locked to a full stereo mix (wet vocals and wet guitar together)
      DAW TRACKING Incoming USB audio is stereo and one-way, as in VoiceLive 3 does not return the USB audio coming from your computer back into the computer
      DAW INSERT For applying VoiceLive 3's effects to dry audio from your computer. USB audio received from your computer is expected to be panned - audio panned left will go through VoiceLive 3s vocal path, and audio panned right will go through VoiceLive 3s instrument path

There are also a couple output modes for how your VoiceLive 3 sends its audio (your vocal and guitar signals) into your computer, which are selectable in the Setup menu on the Output tab under the USB Output Mode parameter:

STEREO USB audio output to your computer is a stereo mix of wet vocals and wet guitar
      SAME AS XLR The two left and right USB audio channels (1 and 2 respectively) sending to your computer mimic the two main XLR outputs from the VoiceLive 3
      DRY VOX L / GUITAR R Mono dry vocals are sent to your computer on channel 1, and mono dry guitar is sent to your computer on channel 2

If you want to essentially use your VoiceLive 3 as a USB hardware plugin with your DAW, we recommend using the DAW INSERT input mode and the SAME AS XLR output mode, with the XLR Output Mode set to Dual Mono.
      With this setup, audio from your DAW panned left will be fed through VoiceLive 3s vocal path and back out wet in mono to channel 1, and audio from your DAW panned right will be fed through VoiceLive 3s guitar path and back out wet in mono to channel 2.
      On Windows machines, VoiceLive 3 is not compatible with ASIO drivers. We recommend using a native Windows driver like DirectSound, WaveOut, or Wasapi, which of the two gives you the lowest latency.
      If your VoiceLive 3 is not showing up as a selectable audio device in your DAW, please see this page.
      On Mac computers, VoiceLive 3 is class compliant and does not require additional drivers.
      Thank you
      • March 17, 2021
    • DavidDelemont
      helenane

• Sep 17