Statistics

254,203 members
131,863 posts
  • New
    nektarios303
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-19

Hi,

I own a pair of KT-2As (and 76-KTs) and wanted to ask two questions.

1) Upon using stereo link and calibrating the two units with a 1khz test tone, using the Stereo Link trimmer at the back to get the same amount of gain reduction, I get different amounts of gain reduction between the two units when I move the Peak Reduction. The test tone is a mono signal sent to two outputs of my soundcard. No faders hhave been touched in my soundcard's mixer, the stereo output pair I am using on my soundcard, shows the same signal between the two outputs I am using for Left and Right that are the inputs to the KT-2As.

So I am using them unlinked which is fine, but the bottom unit in the photo, needs to have the Peak Reduction pot much more CW than then top unit to show the same amount of gain reduction. How do I go about calibrating the unit so that it behaves like the top one?

2) My units are running hot. I can put my hand on them, but they are very hot.

Do other KT-2A owners experience these two behaviiours I am?

Cheers!

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    vanwinsum
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-08-16

I have a KT-2A which I use for recording and compression of bass guitar or electric guitar, and for singing ofcourse. The way I do this is:

- for the bass and guitar via a mic in front of the cabinet, and singing via a voice mic

- input that into a voice preamp, in this case a Tascam TA-1VP

- output that to the KT-2A

and in that case the KT-2A works fine, the meter responds as an indication that the signal is processed.

HOWEVER, what I also want is to add the KT-2A to the effects loop of my guitar amp, and this is what does not work:

- send the preamp signal of my guitar amp (Marshall JVM or Fender tube amp) to a DI box input

- connect the XLR output of the passive DI box to the microphone input of the TACAM TA-1VP

- output that to the KT-2A and connect the KT-2A output to the return of the effects loop of the guitar amp

In that case the meter of the KT-2A does not respond no matter how I set the peak reduction knob: the meter stays on zero.

I suspect the output of the SEND of the guitar amp is too different from the microphone output, even it I have a DI box in between. So how can I get the KT-2A to work in an effects loop of a guitar amp?

read more...
    0 47
    • vanwinsum
      DaveMorrison Does it work when you directly connect the amp's preamp out to the KT-2A's input? This would be the normal connection method. The pre amp level may be to low to drive the KT-2A since there is no input level control. Maybe a -10 to +4 level box will be needed to bring the instrument level up to the "pro" level that the compressor expects. Or use a compressor that has input gain. The original LA-2A was designed for radio stations which have consistent broadcast levels.
      • Aug 16
  • New
    albucristian83
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-13

Hello,

I have seen recently that the LA-2A type compressor initially called KT-2A is now named 2A-KT?

0 89
    • albucristian83
      Dale_M Hi this is correct, it's the exact same product they just changed the name around.
      • May 13
    • albucristian83
      Danopiano Any idea when there will be more available?
      • May 30
    • albucristian83
      Dale_M

The team in question do not have a presence on Community, can I ask you send your inquiry via the above support tab/pre-sales many thanks

• Jun 3
  • New
    bgbdarby
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the 76-kt compressor and im absolutely loving it. I am aware of the rear vu meter adjustment pot as stated in the start up guide but there is also a small hidden screw directly underneath the vu meter that i have messed around with (which i regret doing) i dont know why i messed with it, i was just curious what it did. 

Im worried ive somehow messed up the calibration now as i presume this screw is factory set and shouldnt be altered. I can see that you can turn it clockwise and anticlockwise one turn and then it becomes stiff, you then screw further past that stiffness and it sort of resets to the loose, clockwise/anticlockwise setting as before.

Am i ruining the screw by turning it over and over to see what it does? is it some sort of spring that i am unwinding?

Id really appreciate any technical information to settle my mind on how this screw works and what you should do with, if i have perhaps ruined it by over turning it, or if i am just worrying too much?

Thanks ever so much in advance.

read more...
    0 79
    • bgbdarby
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi bgbdarby, I can see you have also submitted a case for this inquiry which I have just responded to. Please keep an eye on your spam and junk folder for my response and if you can't find it please let me know.
      • Mar 24
      • 76-KT VU Meter screw directly underneath meter function? help needed.
        bgbdarby Hi Chris, I replied to that email earlier. Did you see my reply? thanks
        • ·
        • Mar 24
  • New
    WillBilliams
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

I was recently made aware of the bypass on the 76-KT, and was wondering if the KA-2A has an option?

0 98
  • New
    AudioForge
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

Hi KT team, I've followed a previous post from before Xmas and contacted suppliers re availability of a pair of 2As in a bundle I need.

Thomann replied with "sold out and not expecting any more". Please can you advise if 2A has been discontinued, I'm ready to order a pair of 2As, a pair of 76s and a dimension.

richy

read more...
    0 121
    • AudioForge
      PedroRodrigues Hi Audioforge, please be aware that I can confirm that the units are not discontinued, in regard of availability I would advise you to contact another reseller to request that information about these product as we do not have access to information of third party company that distribute our products. Thank you
      • Jan 14
      • KT2A / 2AKT
        AudioForge Great news, thank you
        • ·
        • Jan 14
  • New
    willowsam1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

Hi folks.

Is the KT-2A going to be available again? I'm keen to have one, but if not I will look at other options. Thanks.

0 82
    • willowsam1
      john0121 Unfortunately as we do not directly sell products to end users we are unable to provide any information on pricing and availability of products. You will need to instead directly contact one of our resellers/partners and they will be able to advise you further. You can find the details of our international retailers/partners at the following link:

https://klarkteknik.com/buy.html
      • November 1, 2020
  • MikeMicMNR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-28

I purchased the 76-kt a few months ago. It's completely unusable due to the loud audio hiss. I was going to literally throw it away but then I thought of contacting you guys for help. I did create a ticket for technical support about a week ago but have yet to receive any reply whatsoever. The unit I have is completely useless. I mean just turning it on creates the most awful audio hiss. The higher the output, the worse the noise gets. I've tried everything from feeding it a hot input to avoid turning up the output level, to going through a gate to supress the noise but nothing seems to help at all because the hiss is very loud and can be heard behind the vocals or whatever I'm trying to compress. Any help?

Thanks in advance. 

read more...
    0 110
    • MikeMicMNR
      Nigel67 Hi Miguel. This is definitely not right and we need to get your unit in for repair. What was the ticket number for the case you submitted and I will check where it is in the queue. I am surprised that nobody answered it as we do normally clear the queues within 24 hours. Let me know the case number and we can go from there.
      • September 27, 2020
      • 76-KT (audio hiss)
        MikeMicMNR Thank you in advance Mr. Turner. This was the ticket number I was given: Ticket Number: CAS-141048-L2V5F9
        • ·
        • September 27, 2020
      • 76-KT (audio hiss)
        Nigel67 Hi Miguel. I have found your case. I have asked the guys in Vegas to take a look at it when they get in and reply to you.
        • September 28, 2020
  • Raggydoll
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-01
    I have filled in a ticket completely for registering my 76 KT. When I click on register nothing happens.
    0 166
    • Raggydoll
      Dale_M Have you received any email confirmation or a ticket number?
      • July 1, 2020
    • Raggydoll
      Greene Can I register a product on the mobile app?
      • September 20, 2020