Statistics

196,780 members
67,417 posts
  • New

Hi .In the section  '' suggested solution ''  for Tc electronic Flashback 2 delay pedal, the answer to the question ''Why do the parameters reset when I try to save my edited Toneprint? '',  has a text and two pictures. The promblem is that the pictures are not visible.. so i can not understand  exactly the solution that is given. Is  there  a way to fix this .  Thank you

read more...
    0 9
    • George Kalapothareas
      Chris Edwards Hi George, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will look into getting the Article update and the pictures reimplemented. For the time being please see below, I hope this helps
      • Mon at 6:48 AM
    • George Kalapothareas
      George Kalapothareas thank you
      • Mon at 9:40 AM
  • New
    2020-11-10

Hi.  Have been trying to upload a tone print from TC Electronics to their Flashback Delay pedal but is not working.  I have tried their beaming technology to the pickup of the guitar while plugged in, and on, but no dice.  Any suggestions?

0 5
    • David Harding
      William Reichling Hello David, Be sure you are plugged directly into your pedal, if you have any other pedals in between your guitar and your flashback it will interfere with the beaming process. Also, be sure you are using a magnetic pickup and not a piezo pickup.
      • Nov 10
    • David Harding
      David Harding Hi William, thanks for the response. Yes, I have done all that and still not getting the green blinky blinky. Do you know if there is a way to contact TC Electronics directly? Haven't been able to find that either. Thanks again William.
      • Nov 10
    • David Harding
      William Reichling Hello David, are using active pickups by any chance? The preamp in active pickups can introduce a slight bit of distortion to the beamed signal, which can cause the beaming process to fail. The way to get around this is by turning the Tone knob on the guitar all the way down (so that the treble is completely rolled off).
      • Nov 11
  • New
    2020-11-02

I can send artist toneprints to my pedal, but I am unable to edit anything in the library. It says that toneprint is not connected to the internet. It just says build 0007 - ac8eb647. I am using a Dell laptop with A HOF2 Reverb. When I originally purchased the pedal in February I was able to completely edit each preset.

read more...
    0 32
  • 2020-10-11

Hi all,

Hoping you can help. My Flashback delay mode selector switch is incorrectly selecting modes. When on the modulated delay setting, it gives a slapback for instance. The looper function is correctly selected however.

Any thoughts about what's going on or how to address this?

Thanks,

Rich

read more...
    0 5
    • Rich Nourie
      William Reichling Hello Rich, Please go to the support link at the top of this page and create a tech support ticket and someone will be able to help you out with this.
      • Oct 12
  • 2020-10-03

I love the Flashback 2 delay, I bought it when it was updated with tap tempo. I also found the blinking led very useful, to always know in what tempo the pedal is. After a few months, I now want to experiment with the Mash and bought an external tap tempo. But when I enable the Mash, the led stops blinking! Why? TC, can you please do an update to have the blinking led in combination with Mash? That would be amazing. 

read more...
    0 15
    • Jan Marchal
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Jan Marchal Before anything I would suggest to update your pedal to FW version 1.2 (build 1222) this adds on your Flashback 2 a new optional tap tempo mode that retains true stereo operation and doesn’t need an external Tap tempo switch.
      Please follow the link below to access all the resources for this operation https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CKR
      • Oct 5
    • Jan Marchal
      Jan Marchal Dear Pedro, thanks for your quick reply! Yes, i updated the firmware and i loved the internal tap tempo option and also the blinking led that shows the tempo. But now i want to use Mash (by adding an external tap tempo, i don’t use the stereo), but when I enable Mash the led stops blinking. Do you know if it’s possible to use Mash while having the blinking led? It would be great if the blinking led was an option that user can put on or off, not depending on using Mash. I hope this makes sense ;)
      • Oct 5
  • 2020-10-01

Hi,

is it possible to connect an external expression pedal to the "TC Electronic Flashback 2 Delay" and control the delay speed ?

I use a tap tempo pedal in the "Stereo IN" jack, but an expression pedal connected with a TRS cable does not work. 

Thanks

read more...
    0 7
    • Marvin Nope
      William Reichling Hello Marvin, The Flashback 2 does not support an expression pedal. All expression functions are controlled in the mash button. The flashback 2X4 does support external expression pedals.
      • Oct 1
  • 2020-09-28

Hi, the TC 2290 is recognized as a great and very flexible delay unit in rack.
    Today second hand models are going at crazy prices.

Wouldn'it  be possible and interesting to reproduce as-is the same original TC 2290 unit?

I'm quite sure that this would be a good business for you (no re-engineering unless you want to do some changes) and at the same time would make many people very happy.

The TC 2290-DT is of course very nice as well but it is a mix with software and thus requires running the plugin in a DAW while the rack unit is obviously allowing total work just OTB in hardware.

Thx a lot for considering this :D

read more...
    0 10
    • Dominique Bontemps
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Dominique, I will adress your suggestion to our R&D TEAM but at this moment our approach was to release the following: https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0D3X
      • Sep 28
    • Dominique Bontemps
      Dominique Bontemps Thx for your reply Pedro. Yep indeed, as I indicate, I'm aware of the TC 2290 DT but as mentioned, it needs a PC and takes place on the desk (as all the synths produced now in module) so the pure rack unit was much better ;-)
      If at the same time it could evolve to a dual delay unit (series/parallel) as the Empress Echosystem pedal but in rack, even better. Powerful Delay units are great.
      By the way what is the situation with the Maelström which was supposed to be the effects of the Deepmind 12? Or is this the Plethora X5 (which I need to try btw ;-) )
      • Oct 2
  • 2020-09-28

For most of the work I do, I use a product called BandHelper to play backing tracks and a syncronized midi file.  The midi file controls my lighitng system and my VL3X.  It works flawlessly for all the CC commands to turn effects on and off, etc.

To have my delay match the tempo of a song, however, I have to make separate presets for every song on my VL3X each with the tempo already set to the BPM of the song - even though all other settings may be exactly the same as another preset.

It would be much more efficient to one preset but be able to send along a midi message to say "this song is 60bpm" and "this song is 100bpm"

Is this possible? 

read more...
    0 10
    • JohnShelley
      Pet Gerbil Should be just a case of making sure that Bandhelper is sending a MIDI Clock signal. Unless you've got a loop in the looper. In which case the tempo will be locked. There's a MIDI tempo parameter in the SETUP sections MIDI tab. That'll need turning on. Also I've got a vague memory of MIDI sync being added in a firmware update, so make sure you've got the latest firmware.
      • Sep 28
  • 2020-09-28

I recently picked up a HOF 2x4. I'm trying to create an ambient soundscape, and I got the idea to make two different shimmer toneprints - one with kill dry always on, and the other without kill dry. My plan from there was to play through my outline once with each setting and see which I liked better, then try one where I make a loop with the wet/dry signal and play over it with the dry-killed signal. I started off making my kill dry toneprint, got a sound I liked, and saved it. Then I saved a new toneprint with kill dry off.

I didn't like the sound I was getting at first, because I wanted the dry signal to be more muted than it was when I first flipped the virtual kill dry switch. I tried playing around with adding kill dry to the level knob controls, or to an expression pedal, but kept running into the problem that I would somehow get a completely dry signal. My goal became to somehow convert the Level knob to a wet/dry knob, where the wet signal would turn up as the dry signal turns down. I figure there has to be a way to do this, but I couldn't figure it out. I gave up after some frustration mounted - as I experimented I kept losing my wet signal altogether. I eventually did get a sound that will be sufficient for the idea I have; I was able to turn up the wet signal so that it drowned out the dry signal enough. But I feel like there must be a way to accomplish what I was hoping for.

I hope what I described makes sense. If anyone has an idea how I could use the level knob and/or an expression pedal to inversely blend the wet/dry signal, please let me know. I can think of useful applications for both methods.

read more...
    0 4
  • 2020-09-25

Any reason why the T2 is no longer available in the toneprint app ?

0 11
    • Alan Lotra
      William Reichling Hello Alan, The T2 reverb uses the Algorithms from the Hall of fame reverb. So any nonartist Hall Of Fame reverb template can be used as a starting point for creating your own tone prints.
      • Sep 25
Go to page