Statistics

250,738 members
127,934 posts
  • New
    Soultan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

A post in the FB-Group "Behringer Synthesizers User Group" about a Reissue of the Roland RE-201 had over 300 likes in one day.
    Do you hear us? 

2 82
  • New
    jcrossley3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

How do I set the tap tempo subdivision for the Flashback 2 Mini?

I assume every toneprint has a default "subdiv", but nothing I do in the editor has any effect after I load it in the pedal.

Thanks,

Jim

0 57
    • jcrossley3
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi jcrossley3, can you please confirm how you have the settings selected on your mapping page?

Sometimes how you have this set up will affect the saving process of the Toneprint, the following article will explain this in more detail. If this doe snot help please let me know:

https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=b5bd8681-10ab-ea11-a812-000d3ac693d8&brand=TC%20Electronic
      • Jan 19
    • jcrossley3
      jcrossley3 Thanks Chris, but the images on that page are broken and I can't see what the mapping should be. Can you describe the steps I need to perform in order to change the subdiv on the mini?
      • Jan 20
      • Tap Tempo Subdivision on Flashback 2 Mini
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi jcrossley3, thanks for bringing that to my attention i will look into it further. In the meantime please see the following images, if you have it set in this manner please change it to what is shown in the next image i post. This should prevent the Toneprints from reverting back.
        • Jan 20
        ChrisEdwards1
        • Jan 20
        jcrossley3 How does unselecting the delay knob mappings set the tap tempo subdiv?
        • Jan 21
    • jcrossley3
      jcrossley3 Thanks for the images! I hate to be dense, but it's not clear to me how that sets the tap tempo subdiv. The mini has no 3-way switch, so I don't know what to set (up, middle, or down?) in the toneprint editor to get the correct subdiv in the pedal, regardless of the knob mapping. What am I missing?
      • Jan 21
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi jcrossley3, please accept my apologies for any confusion. Have you yet checked the Product Settings tab within the Editor? This should give you the options to turn on/off the MASH function and there should be a separate option for Tap Tempo. It may also be worth checking out the following video demonstrating this, while it is based around the FB2 the settings will be the same for the MINI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCHVsmpxYJc
        • Jan 22
        jcrossley3 Yes, I've seen that video and I have tap tempo working by turning off the MASH. But, I don't know how to set the *subdivision* for the tap tempo. In the editor, I have three possible subdivisions (up, middle, and down) that correspond to the 3-position toggle switch on the FB2. But there is no such toggle on the Mini. I've tried changing all three, but it has no effect on the pedal. It seems like the editor should only show one subdivision when connected to a mini rather than all three.
        • Jan 22
        jcrossley3 The strange thing is that different artist toneprints do change the subdivision, but because I can't edit those, I can't see how they're doing it. I've had no luck with the template toneprints.
        • Jan 22
  • New
    gibber10
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Hi, 

Can anyone tell me if my Flashback 2 is faulty? Is it possible it was messed up with the editor before I got it? It was purchased new.  See the video for the demo, the subdivision switch doesn't work how I've seen in demos and the 2290 modes does nothing in quarter note mode. 

https://youtu.be/Jj6OgGTUI5Y

Cheers

Matt

read more...
    1 45
  • New
    Busheyt89
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Hello,

I want to get a Flashback 2, but I want to first make sure that I can use an Expression Knob pedal with it to adjust the mix and feedback of the delay.   I was planning on using a SaturnWorks: "Micro Expression knob" pedal.  Will this work with a standard Flashback 2 and does it require A TRS to TRS cable or a TS to TS.  

thanks,  Travis 

read more...
    0 67
    • Busheyt89
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Busheyt89,please be aware that this unit allows 2 x 1/4" TS, unbalanced, mono cables, also note that the knob assignments on your TC Electronic pedal are the default assignments. Using the TonePrint editor, you can rewire all knobs, so they control one or several parameters of your choice. For more information, see the TonePrint editor manual.
      DELAY knob – Use this knob to adjust the time of the delay. Most delay types have a range of 20 ms to 7000 ms (7 seconds!).
      SUBDIVISION switch – This switch determines the note intervals that the delay repetitions are based on. The options are quarter note, dotted eighth, and quarter note plus dotted eighth.
      FEEDBACK knob – Use the Feedback knob to determine the number of delay repeats.
      MASH LED - This will light up when the MASH function is engaged by pressing down firmly on the footswitch. The LED gets brighter as the footswitch receives more pressure, indicating a more intense triggering of the parameter that is assigned to this function.
      LEVEL knob – This knob adjusts the volume level of the delay repeats. The direct, unprocessed signal is always passed through at the original (unity) level. The Level knob only controls how prominently the delay repeats are mixed with the dry signal.
      Delay type selector – Select the type of delay or TonePrint with this knob.
      Please follow the link below to access a more detailed information about this unit:
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CKR

Thank you
      • Jan 14
      • Flashback 2 Expression knob pedal
        Busheyt89 Ok..... I’m aware of the function of the existing knobs on the pedal. That was not my question at all... I’m trying to find out how I can use an external expression knob (like this one below) to adjust the mix and feedback of the repeats for the TC Electronic Flashback 2 with my foot. I don’t want to bend down in the middle of a song to adjust the tiny knobs on the pedal. The manual mentions that you can plug an expression pedal into the “Stereo ln” on the pedal. I just need to confirm if I can use the expression pedal to adjust the mix and feedback and if it requires a TRS to TRS or a TS to TS.

Thank you,
        • Jan 14
    • Busheyt89
      TC-Marcus Hey there!

From page 6 of the Flashback 2 manual it's clearly stated that you can control tap tempo through an external footswitch. There is no mention of external knobs and thus, it is not supported.

You can read the full manual here
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CKR under"Documentation"

You can, however just place a rubber cover on the knobs you want to control. Wouldn't that give you the result you are after ?
      • Jan 14
    • Busheyt89
      Busheyt89 That’s a good idea, do you know of a rubber knob cover that will fit on the TC Electronic FlashBack 2 style knobs??
      • Jan 14
  • New
    robtremonte2065
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-08

I have a 2290 Rack Unit.

I am trying to use the 5 Ext Effects SENDS on the back to "Switch" On & Off 4 Channels on my Mesa Quad Preamp.  (Ryth 1, Ryth 2, Lead 1, Lead 2)

I have used TRS to TRS, TS to TS cables...

If I plug any of these cables "All the Way In" on both the 2290 and any of the 4 channel switch inputs on the quad preamp... the channel on the quad remains on all the time.

However, on the 2290, if I pull the cable out just about half way, then it works...

Again, I have used TRS and TS cables... and both do the same... pull out half way on the 2290 and it works...

Is there some type of special cable to do switching channels on an amp on and off?

Thanks for your help!

read more...
    0 59
    • robtremonte2065
      WilliamR Hello Rob, The 5 effects send are intended to be effects loops for your TC 2290 rack unit. It does not do any relay channel switching that I am aware of.
      • Jan 8
      • TC 2290 Rack Unit
        robtremonte2065 Thanks so much. Actually it does. It is an effects loop and has logic connectors.
        • Jan 8
      • TC 2290 Rack Unit
        robtremonte2065 It works fine when a trs or even ts cable is half way plugged in to the Send on any loop.
        • Jan 8
      • TC 2290 Rack Unit
        robtremonte2065 Thats why I was wondering it it needs custom cables that are different than normal trs or ts
        • Jan 8
    • robtremonte2065
      WilliamR
      • Jan 8
    • robtremonte2065
      robtremonte2065 Thanks for researching and the reply!
      • Jan 8
  • New
    Hoodrio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

No problems beaming toneprints from my new iPad, but when I tried to create my own it was a disaster.  I used the cable that came with the pedal, connected to my iMac, and then after I tried sending a toneprint, the pedal was all screwy.  The slot I was on had no signal at all, the two other slots were all crazy, and the stock delays were all blank.  I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in, seemed to be back to normal, so I tried again with the computer hookup, and the same thing happened.  It's like it fried the pedal.  

Now I'm afraid it's permanently damaged.

Thoughts?

read more...
    0 73
    • Hoodrio
      TC-Marcus Howdy Herman!
      Sorry to hear that.
      I suggest making sure that your pedal runs the latest FW. Currently that is version 1.2.00.

You can get it here https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CKR and instructions on how to update can be found under "Documentation" -> "Flashback 2 1.2.00 Firmware Upgrade Guide English"

Also, make sure that you run the latest version of the TonePrint app, currently that should be 4.4.3 which you can get here or in your app store
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CLC

Then try again. Let me know how that turns out.
      • December 28, 2020
    • Hoodrio
      Hoodrio Pedal seems to be working normally again after unplugging everything and plugging back into my chain (not the USB). Frankly, after that experience I don't think I'll ever be risking connecting this pedal to anything via USB again. Thanks for your response!
      • December 28, 2020
    • Hoodrio
      TC-Mike Hi Herman, the app/editor should work fine. Please remember that after storing your custom Toneprint to one of the 3 TP slots and disconnect from editor the settings you hear are the Potmeter settings on the pedal and not the parameter values you added last in the editor .
      • Jan 4
    • Hoodrio
      Hoodrio So, the pedal is definitely fried - it goes from working normally to having literally nothing on the factory settings. In other words, you can be getting a normally DYN delay, switch to Tape, and get ZERO Delay, knobs do nothing.
      • Jan 11
      • Flashback 2 Trouble
        Hoodrio Is there a way to do a factory reset? If not, who repairs these?
        • Jan 11
  • New
    davenov41
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Help! I've owned the TC Flashback II for a few months now and am loving it. Earlier this year I updated the firmware to use the tap tempo function and that was working fine. I came back to my pedal after a month off or so, and now for some reason, when engaged, I can only hear the delay output, and not the attack of the note itself. What I've done so far to troubleshoot: 

- Pulled the pedal off the pedal board and isolated it as the only pedal in the signal chain between the guitar and the amp

- Tried multiple different amps

- Tried multiple different guitars

- Verified that input is going into the pedal through MONO and exiting through MONO

- Verified that true bypass and kill/dry dipswitches are set correctly (set to true bypass and off respectively, both oriented left)

What are suggestions for next steps? Thank you!

Dave

read more...
    1 163
    • davenov41
      NicJonesMT Hi Dave.
      I'm Nic from the UK tech support team.
      Just to let you know I have picked up your Tech Support ticket and will be contacting you shortly.
      • December 23, 2020
      • TC Flashback II- only hearing delay, no dry?
        davenov41 Hi Nic- thanks so much for your reply. I received your email regarding my support ticket... I wasn't able to find a way to reply to the ticket from within the care portal, so I simply replied to the email. Please let me know if there's a better way to contact you! Thanks again for your help. Dave
        • December 23, 2020
    • davenov41
      TC-Mike Please check that the Kill dry switch is not set to "ON" . the dip switches can be reached by removing the back cover and more info on the positions /settings can be found in the manual. the second dip switch switches between "true-and buffered bypass" -Buffered bypass will retain the Delay repeats when pedal is bypassed
      • Jan 4
  • New
    markusraivisto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

I bought the pedal and was satisfied, but playing with the LP mode, the looper, made me confused.

Pressing it once activates the red flash indicating the first loop is recording, pressing it again saves it and starts playing it from the start. Easy and logical.

However, what made me confused, is that the very first step on the pedal button comes in to the recording creating a little gap to the start. Therefore, if I assume my first loop starts from the pressing of the button, and start playing on the very same moment, I assume wrong - there is a half-second pause instead of my first notes.

Fault or feature?

read more...
    0 81
    • markusraivisto
      PedroRodrigues Hi Markus, please be aware that to record Loops you should set the Delay type selector to LP.
      Make sure the pedal is in bypass mode (i.e., the LED should be off).
      Feel the groove and prepare for recording.
      Then tap the pedal’s footswitch to start your recording and play.
      The pedal’s LED flashes red.
      To stop recording, press the footswitch again. Alter Ego Delay immediately switches to playback mode and starts playing the loop. In playback mode, the LED is green.
      To overdub your recording, press the switch once more. The LED now blinks.
      To delete all recordings, double-tap the footswitch.
      • December 8, 2020
      • TC Electronics Alter Ego Delay
        markusraivisto Thankyou, but what is in your reply that adds to my description of use?
        • ·
        • December 8, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Markus, can you confirm that the pedal is in bypass mode when that happens?
        • December 8, 2020
        markusraivisto Can't confirm. How can you tell it's in bypass mode? EDIT: The led should be off. I'll check it! But how can you turn it in to bypass mode, if it's not?
        • ·
        • December 9, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi, Markus, to do that you need to disconnect the pedal and turn it on its back. Unscrew the back plate of the pedal and look for the two-small dip-switches in the upper left corner.
        The upper DIP switch (the one closer to the power in jack), switches between True Bypass mode (default) and Buffered Bypass mode.
        Set the DIP switch to the desired position as you can see on the image
        When finished please remount the back-plate
        • ·
        • December 10, 2020
  • New
    maniatis1717a
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-23

Hi .In the section  '' suggested solution ''  for Tc electronic Flashback 2 delay pedal, the answer to the question ''Why do the parameters reset when I try to save my edited Toneprint? '',  has a text and two pictures. The promblem is that the pictures are not visible.. so i can not understand  exactly the solution that is given. Is  there  a way to fix this .  Thank you

read more...
    0 66
    • maniatis1717a
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi George, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will look into getting the Article update and the pictures reimplemented. For the time being please see below, I hope this helps
      • November 23, 2020
    • maniatis1717a
      maniatis1717a thank you
      • November 23, 2020
  • New
    dharding123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-10

Hi.  Have been trying to upload a tone print from TC Electronics to their Flashback Delay pedal but is not working.  I have tried their beaming technology to the pickup of the guitar while plugged in, and on, but no dice.  Any suggestions?

0 53
    • dharding123
      WilliamR Hello David, Be sure you are plugged directly into your pedal, if you have any other pedals in between your guitar and your flashback it will interfere with the beaming process. Also, be sure you are using a magnetic pickup and not a piezo pickup.
      • November 10, 2020
    • dharding123
      dharding123 Hi William, thanks for the response. Yes, I have done all that and still not getting the green blinky blinky. Do you know if there is a way to contact TC Electronics directly? Haven't been able to find that either. Thanks again William.
      • November 10, 2020
    • dharding123
      WilliamR Hello David, are using active pickups by any chance? The preamp in active pickups can introduce a slight bit of distortion to the beamed signal, which can cause the beaming process to fail. The way to get around this is by turning the Tone knob on the guitar all the way down (so that the treble is completely rolled off).
      • November 11, 2020
    • dharding123
      ChrysBocast I have been having the same issue with my FB1 Delay. Have done everything mentioned above. The pedal is not recognized when I connect it directly to my computer, so I cannot "Save to Pedal". I have an FB2 that does not have these issues. I think a firmware update with a couple of bonus new features might be a nice gesture to all the FB1 owners. FB2 came out 6 months after I bought the FB1, and my, was my face red! Had to get it anyway for the live mash trix...
      • Jun 28
Go to page