Statistics

289,395 members
171,903 posts
  • New
    virendrajaywant
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-04

I purchased this unit and want to use this as parametric eq. 

There is no step by step guide I could find.

Can some one guide me , how to use this unit as parametric eq.

Nothing can be understood from the manual , rather there is no explaination on how to do this by a new user

read more...
    0 15
  • New
    senunwah
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-16

I have a Behringer fbq1000 feedback destroyer and I've been able to use it to successfully eliminate feedback but I noticed that sometimes on AC power, it makes noise when the filters are scanning my set frequencies for feedback and I end up not being able to use it.

Please what could be the problem and what is the solution to this?

read more...
    0 88
    • senunwah
      PedroRodrigues Hi senunwah, thank you for your post, please consider that if your FBQ1000 has noise generated by the PSU that does not allow you to use the unit , the unit must be inspected to access what is causing this behavior, please follow the link below to submit an assistance request directly to our Service Department. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request&brand=Behringer Thank you
      • October 16, 2021
      • "Scanning Noise" BEHRINGER FBQ1000 FEEDBACK DESTROYER
        senunwah Hello PedroRodrigues, Thanks for the help. I figured out that the issue was DIGITAL DISTORTION caused by the inproper level settings. i was able to rectify the issue and it works fine and it actually cancels feedback. I love this device.
        • October 17, 2021
    • senunwah
      DavidThomson1 Isn't that the noise the unit makes to "find" the feedback frequencies to eliminate them? while its scanning I wouldn't expect the unit to be usable until it finishes its scan.
      • October 16, 2021
        PedroRodrigues Hi DavidThomson1, thank you for your help, I would also suspect that would be the case if senunwah was able to use the unit when the scan is finished but as he mentioned on the post that "I end up not being able to use it." so I can only cogitate what may be the cause being this issue and considering that he can't use the unit it needs to be inspected to access what is causing behind such issue that make the unit unusable. Thank you
        • ·
        • October 16, 2021
        senunwah Hi DavidThomson1, thanks for the help...the issue was a DIGITAL DISTORTION caused by improper level settings, i'm glad it's all fixed now.
        • ·
        • October 17, 2021
  • New
    rocksolid87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-01

Hello,

At our church we have a DSP1124P that does a phenomenal job at taking care of feedback through our monitors. I'd like to get another one to put on our main speakers, but until then we have a FBQ100 sitting around that I thought I'd hook a condenser mic into.

I have it reset and everything is off except Active. In other words it's at the default settings. My problem is that it makes the mic sound worse. It seems to sound cut off/chopped off at the beginning and end of talking for lack of a better description. Almost like there's some heavy noise reduction going on. It just doesn't sound natural. We've tried it with other mics and get the same results.

The condenser mic is a Behringer (whether that matters or not). It's plugged in via XLR with phantom power on and the input & output set to "mic."

Is this the normal operation for this unit or is there a setting I need to mess with.

read more...
    0 52
    • rocksolid87
      Paul_Vannatto The "cut off/chopped off at the beginning and end of talking" is due to the noise gate not set correctly and the "heavy noise reduction" is due to the compressor not set correctly. See page 8 of the manual to set them appropriately.
      • October 1, 2021
  • New
    LostTheTone87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-24

Hi guys,

I have an FBQ2496 feedback suppressor which I had hoped would help me with a persistent feedback issue on my vocal mic. However, I can't figure out how to get the FBQ to work.

The manual says that I should just turn it on, press the "Learn" button and then it will automatically scan for feedback and deploy filters. But that doesn't happen. When I press the "Panic" button, still nothing happens. I tried to "prime" the unit, and held down the "Learn" button and got a series of loud chirps, which did generate feedback, but the unit didn't actually press them seemingly at all.

The unit is registering sound coming in, and the same sound is coming out to the mixer at the far end, but nothing else is happening.

Help me out here - How do I get the FBQ to start actually detecting feedback? 

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    Davesaul20
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-12

I just bought and installed a Behringer Feedback Destroyer FBQ1000 in my home Rehearsal Studio.

We had Feedback issues becaus eit's a small room; I set it for AUTO to control Feedback and it truly works!

BUT NOW; I notice; sometimes after playing 15 minutes; it seemes to mess the with EQ; and all of a sudden there is MINIMAL BASS and LOW END on our mix?

I am not super Techno Savvyl but I know in my setting; under Filter; it syas "AUTO"

Is there a way I can "Turn Off" the Parametric EQ Filter (from AUTO) and still have this device eliminate Feedback?

Let me know any suggestions and thnaks!

read more...
    0 72
    • Davesaul20
      NicJonesMT Hi Davesaul20.
      I've not heard of this happening before if I'm honest.
      You could try setting the Filters to Parametric mode. This will then allow you to manually adjust Specific frequencies on this.

There is a break down of what the filter modes do on page 8 of the user manual.

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sys_master/h31/h41/8850211242014.pdf

If you manually adjust the Filters and still have the same issue could you please submit a technical support ticket by clicking the Support button at the top of the page.
      • July 12, 2021
    • Davesaul20
      Davesaul20

Thanks!!!!!!! Is there any way way I can speak to you or a person there for 3 minutes? Dave 516-987-5001

• July 12, 2021
    • Davesaul20
      senunwah Hi Dave, are you passing your mains through the feedback destroyer or just the vocals, it's best to pass just vocals so it doesn't filter out major frequencies your whole mix.
      • October 15, 2021
  • TheMoroney
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-20
    I own both a Feedback Destroyer 1100 and 1124 and i can not get the software editor to work on windows 10. Is there any advice to get it working?
    0 346
    • TheMoroney
      AlexLane These are fairly older legacy products, so probably have not been updated for windows 10. Tricky one to support, but have you tried running in compatibility mode maybe?
      • June 23, 2020
      • Feedback Destroyer DSP1100/1124 Software Win 10
        AlexLane Hi there, as far as I'm aware there is no software editor for the FX2000 I'm afraid!
        • July 17, 2020
      • Feedback Destroyer DSP1100/1124 Software Win 10
        TheMoroney That's ridiculous. such an advanced unit like this should have a editor that allows fine control over the different parameters. Is there a way to request that one be made?
        • July 17, 2020