• 2020-09-18

I've heard that new midi features will be included in the next firmware upgrade, can you explain in detail what will be released?

0 1
  • 2020-09-16

What was in the updated 1.1.55 firmware for the Plethora, there was no release notes?

Any news on renaming patches and the looper?

0 7
    • Rob Smith
      William Reichling Hello, All of the big changes are in the works right now in version 1.2. There will be a basic looper, and the ability to back up and restore entire boards and tone prints in the toneprint app . We are making sure it is all stable before the official release.
      • Wed at 3:52 PM
    • Rob Smith
      Tc Mike Toneprints and boards can be renamed via the TonePrint app (board manager). Only change in 1.5.5 was a bugdix regarding auditioning of TonePrints via the app. Looper will be available in 1.2 firmware update
      • Thu at 2:48 AM
  • 2020-09-15

It would be great to be able to sweeten the tuning!  The ability to adjust each string (plus or minus)  like many othe rtuners out there ...

1 0
  • 2020-09-15

Please add a simple boost "pedal".  EQable would be great, but a boost assignable to a foot switch really is a basic need.

Thanks

0 6
    • MikeL
      Jason Brewer Hey Mike - thank you for the suggestion. I will get this over to our creative team. Thanks again for the idea !
      • Tue at 10:20 AM
      • Plethora X5 - A simple boost
        MikeL Thanks. I have seen this exact request numerous times on other boards.
        • ·
        • Tue at 2:51 PM
    • MikeL
      Tc Mike Hi Mike, Pipeline tremolo can boost signal by up to 9 dB and you can assign FX outlevel (boost level)to eg mash switch or a connected expression pedal. which makes a nice booster emulation. Just set mod depth to 0%, so you don't get the tremolo modulation.
      • Wed at 4:28 AM
        immyjay666 Just as important would be the ability to be able to activate that boost AND delay (or another effect) at the SAME time with ONE button press. No one wants to hit two different buttons when going to do a solo, LOL. We really need "preset" or "scene" mode, or something similar, to other units. I was told on a Facebook forum that I can use CC messages from a MIDI controller to get this desired function. But it would be nice to have it built in.
        • Wed at 7:36 PM
    • MikeL
      MikeL Can I then change the name of the effect so I see my custom Boost rather than seeing Tremolo?
      • Wed at 6:43 AM
        Tc Mike you can change the toenprint name and board nbame via the app
        • Thu at 2:50 AM
  • 2020-09-13

Hi everyone,

My plethora X5 ( 2 weeks old ) is starting get a lot of friction on footswitch No5.
    The edge of the footswitch shaft gets friction from the footswitch hole's wall.
    It would not be problem but sometimes the effect does not turn on.
    I have to watch it.

What is the solution for this? Should we use a drop of machine oil?
    Or will it go to the motherboard inside?

I already do not trust FSW No5 since sımetimes it does not turn on the effect.
    I rarely use mash since I have not discovered its capibilities yet.
    I wa planning on it thoug?

Any solutions?

read more...
    0 31
    • Yavuz AKYAZICI
      Nigel Turner Hi, if your foot switch is only two weeks old and developing an issue, then I would take it back to the shop that you purchased it from and ask them to replace it. Within the first 30 days of purchase you can ask for a DOA. If you use oil to try and repair the fault, then warranty will be voided because you have tried to repair the unit yourself.
      • Sep 13
      • Plethora X5 footswitch No5 starting to get friction
        Yavuz AKYAZICI OK. I will do as you say. Thanks..
        • Mon at 2:29 AM
    • Yavuz AKYAZICI
      Yavuz AKYAZICI I have one last question. Now that I have decided to exchange the unit with a new one, Can I save my boards ( I made 2 into my iPad or computer? I could not see any saving option into iPad. How can I do it If I can..
      • Mon at 6:58 AM
        Tc Mike hi Yavuz, the 1.2 firmware will have a backup function for all of your boards and toneprints stored in your Plethora. get in touch with Nigel and he'll can get you access to the beta and then you'll be able to re-upload the exported "restore point" file to your exchanged unit after it has been updated the 1.2 firmware.
        • ·
        • Mon at 1:55 PM
        Nigel Turner Hi Yavuz, I will get your e-mail address from our admin person and open a case to send you the firmware.
        • Mon at 2:14 PM
        Yavuz AKYAZICI OK. Looking forward to it. Thanks..
        • Tue at 6:29 AM
    • Yavuz AKYAZICI
      Yavuz AKYAZICI I have exchanged my unit for a new one. Inspected the new unit carefully for sticky footswitches. Everything seems perfect. However I am a bit scared to use the triple tap tuner function since the failed footswitch was the 5th one.

I wish the tuner could be activated with press and hold of the 5th button. This would make the 5th fsw unusable for mash or tap tempo but I usually put reverb on the 5th slot and It would perfectly fine with me. Consider this a new feature request. Thanks to everyone :)
      • Wed at 6:06 AM
        Tc Mike you can activate the tuner also by pressing and holding the TONPRINT push-emcoder and deactivate the triple click gesture for both Tuner and board up/down function.
        • ·
        • Wed at 6:27 AM
  • 2020-09-09
    OK, I really love this Plethora thing; I rate it 10/10, but even so, here's my wish list:

1. Spark Boost
    2. Bigger text in various areas
    3. Asks for save/no save when exiting Edit mode
    4. Board name displayed while in Play mode
    5. When leaning on the Board switch, I want to scroll through the boards one after the other, rather than having to hit the switch over and over again for each next board (Basically, it would duplicate the existing function of "triple-tapping" switch 1 or 2, and both methods would need the "lean on it to scroll" function).

Overall, an excellent product, and I'm really excited to see what's coming up.  Thanks for the excellent work, TC.

read more...
    2 19
    • the3nooges
      John Matthews Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this along to the dev team for consideration.
      • Sep 9
    • the3nooges
      snaarman Also: can you map or limit the expression pedal movement. That would be great..
      • Sep 10
      • Plethora Feature Request - 5 Items
        Tc Mike thx for the feedback, glad to hear you enjoy your Plethora ..control range of the Expression pedal can be customized for each FX slot via the Toneprint app and the Expression pedal can control up to 3 parameters for each pedal, each with it's own programmable parameter value curve.
        Pipeline tremolo allows to boost signal by up to 9 dB and can be programmed to emulate a booster. your other feature requests were already requested by other customers too and are already logged . i added your up-vote
        • ·
        • Sep 11
    • the3nooges
      the3nooges But what would be really cool is if I could rename the function. In other words, the display would show something like the graphic above. Below "Hypergravity" would be the intended use of the pedal; in this case, it would be used as simply a transparent boost with no compression, just some gain. And right above the words "TC Electronic", maybe a bit more detail (say, "0 to +20dB).
      • Sep 11
  • 2020-09-09

Does any one tried this out? When is not playing or recording is true byepass, and it's OK BUT, and it's A Big BUT, when recording, playing or doing anything after created the first record, it's a Huge tone sucker!!! I know that it's buffered when playing or recording but this was not happening with the old dittos... Does any one from tc can explain this to me? And a way to solve this? Other else I will return the item and ask for a refund from thoumann. Best regards everyone

read more...
    0 15
    • Nistico
      Nigel Turner Hi Nistico, please could you provide me with information on your set up as this is not an issue that has been reported before. If you could put together a drawing of your setup / connections that would be even better. Many thanks
      • Mon at 9:36 AM
    • Nistico
      Tc Mike Yes, we need more info about your setup. Any chance you are using Fuzz pedals in your signal chain?
      • Mon at 2:01 PM
    • Nistico
      Nistico Hi Mike and Turner. Tks for answer. I don't have any fuzz pedal.Tbe screamer and Ocd going into AMT F1 preamp than tc flashback and reverb into AMT Pangea cp-100 (impulse response loader)than ditto+ Once again.WWhen is on but no recorded loops its OK but when I press the record the sound drops about 30% of the original gain, even with the volume on ditto at max. I triedto upgrade the firmwareon tc website,it's not solve the problem and creates a new one. Now, with the ditto+ completely empty, I start to record and a few seconds later a message shows up at the screen " 4 minutes left" I just don't know what's happenin. II wwill ssend bback tto tthoumann and the will send to you to checkit out. I really would like to have the ditto + in my board but not like that. If you can explainwhats ha penned,and will work properly, I will buy it again. Best regards
      • Mon at 3:24 PM
      • Ditto+ problem?!!
        Nistico Sorry about the misspellings. JJust a thiny keyboard on the cell phone
        • Mon at 3:26 PM
    • Nistico
      Nistico I again guys, I have some news. I did again the firmware update and the 60min loop came back!II I can't explain that. The second information tha I would like to share is that I change the order of the ditto+ in the chain, I put it Before the AMT pagea cp-100 (impulse response loader)and works fine,no signal loss.. I assume that is note a problem with ditto+,may be with the impedance change after de pangea.For live and pratics its OK because the signal goes true the impulse response after the ditto+ but to export the files from the ditto+ to the computer I will not have the impulse response filter in the records.II can live with that.TThank you so much for the help,yyour qquestions aabout tthe cchain let me tink about tthe order I alread call thoumann and explain.II will keep te ditto,anyway its a fantasticllooper . Best regards for all
      • Tue at 3:19 AM
  • 2020-08-25

Just got the X5 and love it. Can't wait for a looper and phaser. Are there any wah-sounding filtering available on it?

A few questions:

1. I am having trouble understanding how to use the Toneprint editor. I have it on my Macbook and my iPhone. It has the basic templates, but I can't figure out how to access their settings and modify parameters. Does it need to be connected to the pedal to edit it?
    2. If I find a Toneprint template I like on a pedal that isn't in the plethora, say the Flashback 4x or even the Helix, can I use it in the Plethora? Or do I need to just use the prints that are in the pedal options under the Plethora library?
    3. Under the delay templates, there are a few that are named with "4+8." Is the period at the end meaning a dotted eighth note, meaning it's a quarter note with a dotted eighth note as well? Stereo? Maybe the quarter going left and the dotted eighth going right? If not, how do I get such a thing. My favorite delay setting on any pedal I ever had was the dotted eighth on the Nova Delay (I was disappointed it wasn't on the Nova System).

Finally, I play classic country-blues sounding American rock and some funk. Do you have any artists that go in that direction (as opposed to metal or ambient)? If so, can you recommend some tone print artists?

read more...
    0 13
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Also, I have a newer Macbook with USB C. I can't connect my Plethroa. I tried to connect using Bluetooth (like I can on my phone), but that doesn't work. I guess I need an adaptor?
      • Aug 24
    • dpnelson
      dpnelson Global Tempo. It would be nice to be able to have my modulation in time with my delay. I liked that on the Nova System. Any way to get that here? I liked the division system. So if the beat is in 4, and the delay is in 4, I could have a dotted eighth note tremolo inside that, at the same tempo. Or vice versa. Same with phaser (once it comes in).
      • Aug 25
    • dpnelson
      snaarman I'm using a Pixel phone with USB C and it will connect to the Plethora. In my case I have a charger/mem stick adapter in line with the phone, and the plethora connects from an old style USB A.
      • Aug 25
    • dpnelson
      Kensuke Fujita Hi dpnelson,

I answer your question.

1. There are two ways to use TonePrint Editor.
      The method using Bluetooth and the method using USB.

-To connect via Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth on your devicew which connect and press SETTINGS>GROBAL>BLUETOOTH>CONNECT on Plethora.
      After that, open TonePrint App, press the gear mark on the upper right, press Connect to a bluetooth enable pedal, and select the corresponding device.
      This completes the connection and allows you to use countless Artist TonePrint and TonePrint Templates.

-To connect via USB, connect Plethora to PC/Mac via USB and open TonePrint Editor.
      If it is connected successfully, Plethora in TonePrint Editor will be highlighted with a blue frame.
      In this case, please update Plethora's firmware to the latest version and download and use the new version of TonePrint Editor.

Once you can connect to ToenPrint Editor, you can edit the detailed parameters by selecting Plethora from Template, selecting the desired Template of the effect you want to use, and selecting the pencil mark in the upper right.

Here's a quick tutorial video for using toneprints...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJelHAoGTII&t=337s

2. Of course you can use it. Some TonePrints may not work with Plethora at now, but basically most artist tone prints work with Plethora.Please take a look at the TonePrint App.

3. Yes, “8.” means a dotted eighth note. When using the “4+8.” template, if it is Mono connection, both subdivision delays will be mixed and output as “Dual Delay”.
      If you connect a cable to the STEREO output, the first subdivision (quarter note in this case) will be output from STEREO, and the dotted octave delay will be output from the MONO side. This of course can be adjusted with your favorite settings using TonePrint Editor.

We cannot guide you to a specific TonePrints because TonePrint has many personal favorite for each people, but please check Artist TonePrint of TonePrint App.
      You may have your favorite artist on the list.

Hope this helps

Best
      Ken
      • Aug 25
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        dpnelson I can't get any of the Helix toneprints onto my Plethora. It seems like I can just do the ones for the pedals on the Plethora.

What is the difference between choosing "Insert FX Loop" as one of the pedals vs. assigning the "FX loop insert" on the board settings? If it's the same thing, why would I choose to take up one of the five slots as the insert point when I can just insert between?

Global tap tempo. Can I sync my delay with my tremolo (and other mod FX)? I could do it on the Nova System, it'd be nice to do it here.
        • Aug 26
      • Toneprint with Plethora
        Kensuke Fujita Hi dpnelson,

Thanks for your reply.
        Please see the answer below.

1. Unfortunately, Currently FW ver.1.1.52 not include Helix Phaser, so You can't load these TonePrints.
        But next update ver.1.2 will include Helix Phaser and Viscous Vibe and It will be available soon.
        please join Plethora X5 FB group for more 1.2 Beta related info.

2. Insert FX loop and FX Loop Insert has different fertures.

-Using Insert FX Loop is surcrificed one of FX slot but you can ON and OFF FX loop via footswitch if you like.
        This is so useful when you use one or two pedal in FX loop because you can ON or OFF in FX loop pedal via Plethora's footswitch.

-Using FX Loop Insert doesn't surcrificed any FX slot and you can use FX Loop between each FX slot if you like. However You can't ON and OFF FX Loop via footswitch in Plethora.You need to turn off or on each Drive Pedal(or something) in the FX loop depending on the situation.
        This useful any situation if you using a lot of pedals in FX Loop and you want to select and on/off each pedal.
        and also this useful when you using Plethora for 4 cable method.

3. Unfortunately, Pleathora not has grobal Tap tempo at the moment.
        however I will be passing this request to our Dev team.

All the Best
        Ken
        • Aug 26
  • 2020-08-13

So I "have" a Nova System and a Nova Drive.  I always look to see if they will come up with a Gen 2 version but I gave that idea up a while ago.

I leave my main gear at the drummer's house. 

Come to find during covid, his cats used my pedalboard as a pissbox.  Long story short. I am in the market for new gear or get parts if possible.

The plethora has caught my eye since I tend to be brand loyal.  I personally don't like the idea of digital distortion and I know analog always is a selling point.  I do have a Boss Katana I get by with during covid but it does'nt come close to my stereo Nova System rig w/ ping pong delay (RIP) into two Peavey Delta Blues 1x15 amps.

The Nova Drive seems to be a good concept for a new product.

I propose they pair the Plethora w/ a new analog midi controlled pedal with presets that has dual external cart slots w/ any extra needed mini pots attached.  Foxrox has/had? something similar with the cards.  It would have to be smart (cart recognition) and could tone print as well.  I am thinking like kemper profiling with the analog slots.  You can have an analog only version as the base model. OR! have a profiling cart!

Forgive me I have been out of the game of gear for a while so sorry if there is something similar already discussed.

What do you guys think?

read more...
    1 28
    • Inspector71
      Inspector71 I do see some security holes overall. Maybe just the toneprint board and not a profiler to go with the analog boards.
      • Aug 13
    • Inspector71
      Inspector71 I just came up with another idea. With all of the possibilities, it would be like an expansion. Like an option between one Plethora and ganging two together (Next Gen G-sytem?). Well you would need it anyway for the analog bit. All I want for Christmas..
      • Aug 13
    • Inspector71
      Nic Jones Thanks for getting in Touch Inspector.
      I will drop this over to the Innovations and development team.
      • Aug 13
      • I have a great idea to pair with the Plethora X5
        Inspector71 I just made some prelim drawings. I noticed a collaboration section under construction. Is this kind of idea for the collaboration section?
        • ·
        • Aug 13
        Nic Jones Hi.
        Yes, that is the idea for the Collaborate area, for users to submit product ideas and feature requests.
        For now though I've passed on to the Development team.
        • ·
        • Aug 14
        Tc Mike Hi Inspector, thx for the feedback. I'll pass it on to the team!
        • ·
        • Aug 27
  • 2020-08-12

Tried creating a support ticket but when I selected 'TC Electronic', no models appear. Hoping someone can help.

One of the encoders has gone on my G-System. I've got spare parts but I need to know how to separate the footswitch from the encoder. Can anyone advise?

Tx, Vic

read more...
    0 4
    • viclennard
      Nic Jones Sorry for the delay in contacting you.
      Unfortunately we do not provide any support or assistance with self service repairs.
      What I would recommend is contacting one of our international FASCs (Field approved service centre) or distributor and they may be able to assist further.
      Please be aware that it is at the FASCs discretion as to whether they choose to assist you.

You can find a list of our international partners and service centres at the following link;

https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html
      • Aug 13
Go to page