Statistics

253,556 members
131,123 posts
  • RennySchweiger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-23

I created a Preset (call it #2) to be used as a Step 2/2 on Preset #1. (It was originally a copy of Preset #1 and I made significant Harmony and other settings to it.) I have successfully copied #2 as a step to #1 and all is well. I can also edit and save changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1. And because I made changes to Step 2/2 in Preset #1 as I was tweaking, it is now a bit different from Preset #2. So Preset #1 with my two Steps is all set. 

Here's the question: Can I safely delete Preset #2 (not that it is no longer needed) without affecting Step 2/2 in Preset #1?  I'm afraid to try! I don't want to mess up my Step 2/2 I worked so hard on.... 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. 

read more...
    0 79
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger, yes you can, the factory presets are stored permanently within the device, even if you've overwritten them with custom presets. The custom presets are stored in a different location and applied "over" the factory presets when you save them.

When you delete a factory, or custom preset, leaving the space "blank" within VoiceSupport, the unit automatically re-populates that spot with the factory preset.
      You can also use Mix Knob 4 to select the Preset number where the current Preset will be stored.
      If you want to save the Preset where it currently is, do not change this value.
      If you would like to save the Preset to another location, change “Store To” to another number.
      The name of the selected Preset slot will be displayed in the upper part of the screen.
      Using Store To is handy when you would like to make several Presets with similar sounds.
      You can create a “master” Preset and store it so a few different locations using Store To.
      You can then edit those copies further if you wish.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks for the reply Pedro. My apologies for not being more clear, but you missed the essence of the question. I only used the generic names Preset "#1" and "#2" to mean two presets in general. I my specific case they are both user presets, not factory presets.
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger The question still stands -- if I create a (new user) preset (B) and copy it AS A STEP to another user preset (A), can I delete the preset (B) used for the step? Will the preset (A) now with two steps in it remain intact if I overwrite or delete the user preset (B)?
      • August 24, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Renny Schweiger ,please be aware that on the VL3x copying a preset, whether its to a new user preset or a step in another preset it does not retain any ties to the old preset. It does not act like an alias. So modifying the original will not change the new preset/step.
      • August 25, 2020
    • RennySchweiger
      RennySchweiger Thanks Pedro, it worked. I deleted the no-longer-needed user preset and the Preset with the Step is still intact. Also FYI thsi is on my VL3 (i.e., not a VL3x).
      • August 26, 2020
  • Spaceman21489
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-18

I am having a heck of a time with my VL3? I've got the basics down but I'm having trouble with one last thing. The way I have it mapped is so I can hit "harmony" and "double" from the main screen but then to get my lead guitar tone (different than my rhythm sound) I've got a HIT button that I press but the problem is the "tone" stays the same (delay and drive DO change; that's ok). In other words, I want two different "AMP" modelings for my guitar but I need it on one screen (for instance "1 New Harmony). Thanks.

read more...
    0 39
    • Spaceman21489
      TCH-Rob Hi @Spaceman21489 ! To change effect settings or "styles" (such as amp models, reverb type, etc.) you'll need to use the steps function on VL3. Steps are separate presets that are stored within each preset and allow you to cycle through those instead of using the hit control. For more info on Steps head to page 45 of the VL3 reference manual. Please let me know if you have any further questions! :)
      • August 18, 2020
    • Spaceman21489
      Spaceman21489 Thank you! I will give it a shot.
      • August 18, 2020
  • whydavewhy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-08
    Can the VoiceLive Rack be used in a mixing board’s Effects Loop to double vocals on multiple channels? (So the mics would be in different channels of the board, with varied send amounts on each channel, going to the VoiceLive Rack. Then the Lead Mute would be turned OFF on the unit. (Or does that only affect the lead vocal when a mic is plugged in directly to the VoiceLive Rack?)
    read more...
    0 111
    • whydavewhy
      kiskadar69 Would only the Double effect be turned on in the VoiceLive Rack? I think it would work. Lead Mute should be turned On.
      • July 9, 2020
    • whydavewhy
      Francois43912 I would love to learn if it is possible to get an inbound stereo signal into that loop?
      • July 23, 2020
    • whydavewhy
      kiskadar69 @Paul Francois: IMO it isn't possible. The mixers first mix the stereo channels into mono and send them to the mixer's Aux output. The TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack also has a mono input.
      • July 24, 2020
  • DobaCaesar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Hello
    0 52
    • DobaCaesar
      leah Hey DobaCaesar - What questions do you have about the VoiceLive 3 Extreme?
      • July 8, 2020
      • I need help with my VL3X
        DobaCaesar Yes I have the VoiceLive 3 Extreme.
        • July 18, 2020
    • DobaCaesar
      DobaCaesar Thanks! I figured it out
      • July 8, 2020
    • DobaCaesar
      DobaCaesar Hello Leah! I want to know if there is a new update for the VL3X? Because on the manual I saw on the preset number 10 is amazing grace but on mine is something else.Thanks for your help
      • July 17, 2020
  • BRymes
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-07
    I'm learning to play Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of", and I need to set up a phaser effect for the intro. I assume its in the uMOD parameters but I feel like I'm going in circles to attain a decent sound. Here's a link to Tom Marello discussing the intro part at 20:33. https://youtu.be/aJXzY9vhqZg I would appreciate any help that you can give me. Thank you.
    read more...
    0 84
  • Gerdski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Hello, I can set a lot of levels in this nice machine, but I haven't found out yet where I adjust the overall voulme level for the complete Preset/Patch. Where is this setting? Yes, I have read the manual :-)
    0 110
    • Gerdski
      kiskadar69 There does not seem to be such a parameter. What is your original problem?
      • July 3, 2020
      • How to set Preset Level in Voicelive 3 Extreme
        Gerdski My original Problem is that I want to set the Presets evenly to avoid volume differences in live performance.
        • July 4, 2020
    • Gerdski
      kiskadar69 I think you need to come up with a workaround.
      • July 4, 2020
      • How to set Preset Level in Voicelive 3 Extreme
        kiskadar69 ..or ask TC-Helicon to include this parameter in the next VoiceLive 3 firmware version.
        • July 4, 2020
    • Gerdski
      FabioValdez in the main screen, turn one of the knobs under the screen and you will get in the level options.
      • July 4, 2020
    • Gerdski
      Gerdski Will try that, thanks!
      • July 5, 2020
Go to page