Statistics

306,010 members
190,355 posts
  • New
    rmaczis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-12-01

Using an Eventide Powermax (600mA) to power x5 and a few drive pedals.  Running Octonaut Hyperdrive and Vertex Dynamic Distortion pedals thru x5 Effects Loop.   Power occasionally cuts out during performance and then automatically reboots.  Have upcoming gigs...need advice fast!

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    bgordonmiller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-27

Help! I'm a Mac user, and when I download the firmware update, it's a ".bin" file -- I've never heard of that before. I checked w Mac support, and they said it's not Mac compatible.

I've looked around the TC Electronics website, to see if I can find Plethora x5 firmware updates for Mac, but so far, no dice. 

Any help is much appreciated!

read more...
    0 2
    • bgordonmiller
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi bgordonmiller, the .bin file is the correct file to update your Plethora X5. Instructions on how to use this file are found within the firmware release notes a PDF Copy of this is available via the product page, however, I have included these below for you:

1. Connect your Plethora X5 to your computer with the included USB cable.
      2. Plethora X5 will show up as a mass storage device on your computer.
      3. Drag and drop the firmware “.bin” file onto the root of the PLETHORA mass storage device.
      4. Disconnect the USB cable once transfer is complete.
      5. Power cycle your Plethora for the firmware upload procedure to start.
      6. Wait until the update procedure has finished loading.

DO NOT remove the power from your unit whilst the update is in progress.

NOTE: We recommend disabling spotlight INDEXING and emptying your TRASH folder before updating
      when using MAC to transfer the “.bin” file to your Plethora unit.

NOTE: If your unit has 1.0.101 and you want to update to 1.2.18 or newer, then please update to
      1.1.55 first.

Please note that to get max benefit from the new effects, you will need the latest version of the
      Toneprint app 4.5.5 or newer that can be found in the app store, google PLAY store or downloaded for
      MAC or PC here:
      • Nov 27
  • New
    DanielCosta
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-11-08

Hi there! I need more! I've been thinking on upgrading to the Boss RC-600 but I still believe that there could be something new from TC Helicon. Can anybody show me the light?

0 2
  • New
    BobDem1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-26

Every major music store is back ordered.  When will you be shipping new Play acoustics 

0 4
    • BobDem1
      PedroRodrigues Hi BobDem1, Thank you for your post, as we do not sell any product directly to end users, it falls on our Partners to manage all the shipping process directly. For information on this matter I would suggest to follow the link below and contacting our partners in your Region: https://www.tc-helicon.com/buy.html. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Oct 27
  • New
    Jasonphelan82
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-15

My computer died recently (straight after I got the pedal and made some presets which...the Editor was very annoying to figure out (not particularly user friendly...for me anyway) - so I am curious, now that I have my computer back up and running - is it possible to import the TP1, TP2 and Tp3 presets to the App I have re-downloaded and installed?

read more...
    0 3
    • Jasonphelan82
      NicJonesMT Hi Jason. Unfortunately no. The communication from the pedal to the TP app is bi directional, meaning that the app cannot read the settings that are stored on the pedal.
      • Oct 18
  • New
    derrickp1985
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-10

Not sure if I am asking this question the right way. I want to know if there's an option to turn off that will allow the x3 to load new boards without any of the FX turned on. it's very annoying to want to switch to a new board midsong then it loads all 3 FX(or sometimes 1, or 2 or none, seems random) completely messing up your sound.

Hope this makes sense, please help.

read more...
    0 4
    • derrickp1985
      PedroRodrigues Hi derrickp1985, thank you for your post ,unfortunately there is not, the Plethora works like a pedal board and remembers the last bypass state of the FX pedals on each board and there is no way to reset all FX to bypass at board change. What I would suggest is to make copies of board with all Fx turned off or switch them off before changing to another board. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Oct 11
    • derrickp1985
      derrickp1985

thanks for your reply! so however i save the board(with pedals on/off) is how it will enable when i switch boards?

• Oct 11
      • X3 - can you make it not engage FX to be turned on/off when switching boards?
        TC-Lars Hi derrickp1985

How you leave the board (with pedals on/off) when you navigate to a different board (or power-cycle the product), is how that board will be loaded the next time.

Sort of like how the TonePrint single-pedals remember their state (on/bypassed) when you power-cycle them.

So if you end your gig on e.g. board #3, with all FX turned on for that last ending with all effects active and stomping the mash switch on your Tape Echo style delay, and then turn on your pedalboard at the next rehearsal, still on board #3, then all the FX will be 'on' for that same board.
        • ·
        • Oct 25
  • New
    Copachad
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-10

I love the BodyRez in the TCHPA. I'm mostly a strummer and lead picker. I use a pick all the time. Do you recommend using BodyRez at 100 percent?

0 8
    • Copachad
      NicJonesMT Hi Copachad.
      It's ultimately down to your own preference. I'd recommend playing with the setting until you find something that suits your play style and needs.
      • Oct 11
    • Copachad
      Copachad

I understand that but I was just curious what TCH actually recommends since they were the one's who made the unit in the first place.

• Oct 11
  • New
    mustelphia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-29

I uploaded the Factory Presets into my TC-Helicon Duplicator (Factory Tight & Factory Loose) and now I can't get the latest presets with higher volume back. I can only see 3 packages on the cloud (Octave Down, Octave Up & Original Factory Presets) and neither my presets or the cloud will update no matter how many times I update the firmware. Please help me, I already tried uninstallying and installying again Voice Support 2 and the missing presets just won't show.

Can someone please share the latest presets so I can import them manually to my Duplicator? without them it's basically useless.

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    PurtleSline
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-28

I may be doing something very stupid here, but I'm missing the option to switch between Mash and tap tempo in the TonePrint app, so am unable to enable TT for any effect.

I received my X5 today, and it had 1.3.6 on it, so I updated to 1.3.11 first thing and downloaded the latest TonePrint app to phone/iPad etc.

In various tutorial videos, it shows that there should be two switches on the Product Settings tab to enable either Mash or TT for the relevant effects, like delay and tremolo.

I see no such thing though, and have only a greyed-out option for 'Calibrate expression pedal' in every TonePrint.

Can anyone help?

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    migghel12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-26

Most times, I use TC Hellicon VoiceLive Rack or Tascam for Live autotune and I use Ableton live to send Midi CC to change presets. My problem is this devices are pretty big. Is there any portable device that meets the same need and that accepts midi CCs.

read more...
    0 3
Go to page