Statistics

253,568 members
131,136 posts
  • New
    Spankdedrums
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-09

Hey, is there a way to aggregate the Dn9630 with another interface to use the outs of the interface to send to another destination other than the mixer (X32)?

0 58
    • Spankdedrums
      Nigel67 Hi, I am not quite sure what you are asking, maybe you could give some more information on what you are thinking about for the 'other destination'. As long as it has an AES50 connection with a clock, then you can connect it to that. For example an i/o box such as a S/DL16. If you set it to internal clock then you can connect it directly to a DN9630. The same with any of the DL15X series. Set them to internal clock and connect directly to the 9630. The only downside with the DL15X series if you want to use the inputs, is there is no way to adjust the input gain on them, however you could set up the gains with a mixer, disconnect the mixer and the gain settings would remain over power cycles, so as long as you had the same channels of audio going into the mixer every time, then you would be fine. If you could let me know what you have in mind, then I will help you further.
      • Jun 8
  • New
    Unkle1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-10

I am interested in building a abelton live backing tracks rig,I have a Midas pro1 console in which I want to use as my board for virtual Sound check but also want the ability to use for mixing backing tracks for live performances, so any suggestions in which klark teknik dn9652 or dn9650 also using the kt-usb network card for multitracks, thank's 

read more...
    0 57
    • Unkle1
      Nigel67 Hi Unkle1. At 96K, you will have 24 channels of USB audio. Have you thought about using a DN9630 which is AES50 to USB. If you are using a MAC, you can also aggregate two of them together to give you 48 channels. If you wanted to use Dante or Madi in the future, then it would be worth looking at the DN9650 to future proof yourself. The DN9652 would be useful if you wanted to use the unit for converting Madi to Dante for example or if you wanted to work with the Midas M series range which works at 48K and therefore you would want a KT-AES50 card and a KT-USB. The reason for this, is that the AES50 ports on the DN9650, will only ever carry 24 channels of audio even if you set them at 48K, so if you wanted 48 channels of audio in or out of them you would need 2x AES50 ports. Hope this helps.
      • May 10
    • Unkle1
      Unkle1

Thanks probably go the dn9652 route and buy the aes 50 card and the kt-usb 2.0 card

• May 10
    • Unkle1
      Unkle1

• May 10
  • New
    trentperkins
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-05-06

I am HOPING to use the DM8500 as the brains of my entire installation.  Part of that requires being able to use TCEs to send signals to the GPIO outputs… but I can’t for the LIFE of me figure out how to get ANYTHING to talk to the GPIOs or generate logic inputs of any kind)!  I would LIKE to have buttons on the TCEs be able to trigger various GPIO pins hot or cold (as well as other logic within the system), but I have not found a way to do that AT ALL.  To me that seems like a pretty basic function (that apparently was available on the previous wall controllers), but I can NOT find it.

I have one GPIO input (or any logic input) signal that is critical to the audio design, and I need to trigger 4 GPIO pins which will be used to control various presets on a digital SDI switcher (to include choosing which HDMI inputs will send the audio to the DM-8500 given various settings).

Is there a Logic input setting that I can trigger from a DMTCE?  Unfortunately, due to a lack of great documentation, I chose this system with the assumtion that this would be a given, but now that the entire system depends upon it, I am finally able to figure out that it might not work.  I am really hoping for a simple solution I just don't know about yet!

HELP?!?!?!?

read more...
    0 60
    • trentperkins
      NicJonesMT Hi TrentPerkins.
      If possible could you please click Support at the top of the page and open a technical Support ticket. We can then assist you further on this issue.
      • May 7
  • New
    Philip719
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-11

I have a DM8000 that I can not connect to, is there a way to either find the ip address or do a factory reset.

0 101
    • Philip719
      trentperkins Hi Phillip, have you tried setting your computer to DHCP and directly connecting the computer to just the DM8000 to see if it can at least point you in the right direction of what network the DM8000 is on? By default, the DM8000 is on the 192.168.1.x network, but unless you have an idea of what network it used to be on, it could be a challenge to refind it. And then pray that the previous owner did not have a password on it. You might be able to get it fixed by submitting a cares ticket. Once you are on the right network the software should be able to find it.
      • Mar 11
    • Philip719
      Philip719 Yes tried DHCP, and I do not know what network range the customer had it on previously.
      • Mar 12
    • Philip719
      PedroRodrigues Hi Philip719 , please consider that when setting up an Ethernet network with multiple DM8000 units, devices in the network will need to be set up with IP addresses.
      Before assigning IP addresses, please keep in mind the following considerations, the computer must be assigned an IP address, under Network Card Settings>Properties.
      Most computers set TCP/IP address automatically, but DM8000 devices require manual assignment.
      Initially, the computer IP addresses should be assigned as 192.168.1.X where range of X = 1 to 254. Each DM8000 device must also be assigned a unique IP address.
      The factory default IP address for all DM8000 devices is 192.168.1.201.
      • Mar 16
    • Philip719
      drfwfwiz Disable all firewalls (seriously)
      • Jul 13
  • New
    trentperkins
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-08

Greetings!  I have largely complete my initial design for a DM8500, made it look good, etc.  When I went to compile it though, it listed several apparently unplugged modules that I can't find anywhere on the design.  Maybe they are hiding behing a different module, but I can't find them. Is there a way to list all of the used modules with their associated ID numbers to facilitate in the troubleshooting process?

Specifically, the compiler says that High Pass 6-24 dB/OCt (ID=8) is not an input module, and that the same filter ID=11 has no input or output (none of the High pass filters that I can see in my design are ID=8 or 11).  Also, modules 12-16 have the same issue.  They include 2 Parametric EQs, 2 comp/Limiters, and another high pass filter.

It is possible that I created some modules early in the process before I knew what I was doing and then deleted them (or at least I THOUGHT I deleted them!).  But if I can't find them and make them go away, I can't complie the design, and the machine is useless. 

I attached a picture of my design.  i would be happy to email the actual .dmd file, but apparently that can't be attached to the forum.

View Attachment

read more...
    0 109
    • trentperkins
      trentperkins Any help? I may have to rebuild the whole thing again being careful to not experiment with modules I don't end up implementing. Even so, this seems like it should be a pretty easy fix to be able to generate a list of all used modules and their status by ID number.
      • Mar 17
    • trentperkins
      trentperkins Thanks Thim, not only does it work, it looks great! How do you get the lines to work at right angles?
      • Mar 19
  • watchmanso
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi, can I use the Klark Teknik DN9652 to convert a Dante signal into an AES50 signal? 

Currently, I am hoping to replace our Behringer X32 board with a Yamaha TF5. Unfortunately, our X32 is connected to a Klark Teknik Dm8000 DSP which has an AES50 card, and the DSP is locked with a password. We wish that we could convert a Dante signal into an AES50 signal so that we won't have to mess with the DSP programming. Is this possible? 

Thanks.

read more...
    0 74
  • AlexNL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    Hi, Anyone experiencing loss of subscriptions after powering down the DN9650? regards, Alex
    0 80
    • AlexNL
      AlexNL powering down = power down -> next day -> power up :)
      • July 13, 2020
      • DN9650
        Nigel67 Hi Alex, sorry but I do no know what you mean by subscriptions. Could you give me a little more information please. Many thanks
        • July 13, 2020
    • AlexNL
      AlexNL subscriptions is Dante terminology (i think). This is like 'patching' within the PRO series.
      • July 17, 2020
      • DN9650
        AlexNL I am unsure where this is stored, I assume the KT-DANTE card inside the 9650 stores this 'patch'.
        • July 17, 2020
    • AlexNL
      Nigel67 As far as I know, the dante device only stores a list of the device name/channel name of each of its receive subscriptions. The actual patching is on the computer. You would have to ask Dante to confirm this.
      • July 17, 2020
  • RGWINEDWARDS
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-10
    Trying to download new firmware so I can connect to my new DM8000. Website says the following (below) everytime i go to page (regardles s of whether i am logged in or not!!!!!!! Error 477 Suspended CDN resource Unfortunately, this CDN resource has been suspended. REALLY NEED to get this going today! Someone please help. my email is [email protected]
    read more...
    0 164
    • RGWINEDWARDS
      Paul_Vannatto I read in another thread that they have switched over to new servers for all of their websites and have run into some glitches. Yesterday I tried to get a file from the Turbosound iQ site and got the same error, unfortunately.
      • July 10, 2020
      • DM8000 firmware download not working
        RGWINEDWARDS Just heard the server change was 2 weeks ago!. My rep was just on a nationwide rep call and NO ONE in US has access to firmware at the moment. AND the Europe offices don't seem to answer any calls or support emails. I won't be using this product again.
        • July 13, 2020
      • DM8000 firmware download not working
        DavidBradshaw I just sent you a couple of emails with the firmware (and DM Designer software) attached
        • ·
        • July 13, 2020